[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

11 minutes ago, carmens said:

because I have something to protect !!!

Go! Go! My Kings!!  and my heart will go on! 

Look at both men eyes and head stand...brilliant acting from both guys

MM...i will win...no matter against who and how...just this thought

King...so wish to...but...many others ideas going through his head...what if..and a bit of fear is there

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, giyom1 said:

See most of us have peace of mind upon watching it with sub, we just saw the cover thats all earlier but we haven't read the book yet... well now i dont know what to do to survive this week...

Again...right? :sweatingbullets:...know how you feel chingu

Last week i was kind of mad that won't be much romantic scenes this week...more avoiding...secrets will stay secrets...but somehow, even that  i do want the truth to be revealed...the way things ended today made it quite interesting :)

56 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Again...right? :sweatingbullets:...know how you feel chingu

Last week i was kind of mad that won't be much romantic scenes this week...more avoiding...secrets will stay secrets...but somehow, even that  i do want the truth to be revealed...the way things ended today made it quite interesting :)

Thats right, the ending was a surprise twist which made us all googoo and gaagaa... and 

Wooow...I really did not expect Moo Myung to confess about being the King...this was unexpected. But I know SMJ wanted to confess, but it probably won't help in this situation anyway. I really thought SMJ would reveal himself as it's already episode 14! I have to say, I feel a little bit disappointed as some of you do, but there were some scenes that made me smile :)

I liked the cute bromance in this episode! First between Han Sung and Yeo Wool, I laughed at how Yeo Wool reacted to Han Sung saying, "I don't like you." :lol: It's adorable how Han Sung misses Moo Myung and admires him a lot :D The scene between Soo Ho and Ban Ryu was a happy one. Soo Ho was so surprised when Ban Ryu helped him out carrying firewood! I'm glad they're comfortable around each other now :lol:

My heart broke in the scene with the old grandpa. So sad when Taetae cried :bawling:  I feel bad both for Han Sung and his brother...stupid bone rank... That is one harsh grandpa! :angry:  Can't imagine any grandpa treating their own grandson like that.

2 hours ago, nassyra said:

Just finished watching the subbed episode, I was a little disappointed like many of you, but let's focus on the few new elements:

-My favourite scene was when the princess confronted that Dark lord from Baekje by throwing a sword at him and defending her people against injustice, you Go Girl !:wub:

-We now know that the mysterious man who has Polio is Queen Jiso's Brother.

-The conversation between Master we hwa and  Lord Kim Hwi-kyung hints that Sunwoo might be a Prince?

-Banryu's betrayal was really disappointing :dizzy:

-I do not blame SMJ for not revealing himself, he was put in a difficult situation, I think that seeing the misery of his people made him feel guilty for being so helpless, the time will come when he aknowledges his worth and capacities.

-Sun woo is my favorite character but he still doesn't get out of his shell, it's kind of sad that he believes that Ahro is his only reason to exist, I want the free spirited Dog-Bird from EP 1 back, I hope that what he'll undergo while impersonating the king will shake him a little.

And one more thing, doesn't the queen have anything else to wear beside that robe? Is it some kind of a royal uniform ?:glasses:

Ooh yes I know the Princess can be a bit extreme when it comes to training and fighting in Hwarang, but I loved that scene where she stood up to him :D

It seems that MM might be cousins with SMJ...but I'm not entirely sure yet. I really want to know his background soon though.

Sigh I was hoping that Ban Ryu wouldn't do it. But who knows what Master Young Shil would do if he didn't give the letter :crazy:

LOLOLOL I knew I wasn't thinking the same thing about the Queen's costume! :lol:

5 hours ago, Fathma Amito said:

I am rooting for PSJ’s character in this drama because I like him as an actor and he’s so handsome! But as the drama unfolds, I find it boring and the story development is too slow. I only rely now to recaps with the recent episodes. Thanks, soompi people! ❤️ This is my first time to write here and I really appreciate your efforts for the updates and honest opinions about the drama.

Well, PHS really did a great job in portraying his character and I must say I am loving him now. The writers just messed it up and focused only to SW. Even if SW is the main lead, the writer should have given more weight to SMJ’s storyline since the drama was set in his era and he also joined as Hwarang. *sigh* Maybe in the upcoming episodes, things will be different and it will turn out to be good for SMJ. Maybe there’s a right time and place where he can reveal his identity. We just have to wait and see. I just really hope SW won’t turn out to be the real king because that would be so devastating to SMJ. He suffered all through out his life in hiding, being controlled by his mom, and he aspires to be a great king and then, there’s a possible chance that he’s not the real king?? Plus, he can’t have AR!? Yes, he and SW both suffered in their childhoods but come on..isn’t it so unfair for his character? :cold_sweat:  PHS is so good. The long hair look suits him well that he looks like he stepped out from an anime and I am surely gonna watch his next drama! 

As for SW’s birth secret, I am more interested with it than his love for AR and the revenge drama thing he has even if it’s kind of obvious that he’s a true bone. I can’t wait to see what will be the dynamic of his birth secret to the storyline, and the relationship development among the Hwarangs esp between SW and SMJ. It still lacks development though SMJ already considers SW as his friend. So far, I am only liking HS's admiration toward SW. It's so cute. Gaaaaah~ Though SW's loveline is so romantic (gosh his cheesy lines), I don’t care about it now whether he ends up with whoever. It’s more of a relief if he ends up with SMJ instead lol. 

Anyway, Taehyung is such a cutiepie in this drama. I can’t contain it. He’s adorable! I wanna hug him! His acting seems to be so effortless because it is so him! I understand if his character got only minimal screen times. This is just his first drama and pretty sure there would be more possibilities for him to be casted with bigger roles since he’s aspiring to be not just a great singer, but an actor too. Darn, because of that kid, I got hooked with his group. I’m stuck and I can’t get out lol.

Taetae is totally adorable in this drama! He is perfect for the role because he is naturally flowing with cuteness. I smile every time he shows up on screen. His crying scene in ep 14 today was totally natural and believable. So proud of him!

Sounds like you are now an ARMY. Welcome! Haven't you hear the phrase, once you JimIN, you can't JimOUT? Haha. Their music is awesome. Actually, everything about them is awesome, they are the most adorkable human beings ever.

9 hours ago, sheza said:

I am sure he will become a great king in the end.  SW has nothing to lose.  He was always a vagabond.  He is used to such adversity but SMJ has led quite a sheltered life so it is understandable that he would be a little hesitant when put in a dire situation.  Also it goes to show that SW is always a step ahead of him when it comes to Aro.  He will not hesitate to put his life on the line.  Moreover, SMJ being the more intellectual one will probably have to think and calculate a lot more.  

I have no doubt he will become a great king in the end because he is after all the great King Jinheung of Silla, as how history remembers him. But I am totally perplexed by the writing, It's so contradictory. I feel the writer not doing justice to his character. The way I see it, the writer going hell bent to show that Sun Woo is a better person to rule Silla given his background who could relate to real people and he is probably entitled (he could be a True Bone or Sacred Bone) and he is a better man for Aro. I get it! I get that Sun Woo is the main character here. My problem is, there is no need to thumb down the character of Sammaekjong in order to elevate Sun Woo. Sure, SMJ is the more intellectual one but it would make a lot of difference if this time around, he stepped up and took responsibility. At this stage, all the respect of all those people including the fellow Hwarang boys and Aro will automatically go to Sun Woo because he is that shining hero whom is willing to sacrifice himself in order to protect a much bigger course while the real king chickened out under such dire situation. 

Unless the writer could write something clever where SMJ could prove himself worthy of the throne and get them out of prison and Baekje safely instead of Sun Woo doing all those glory, I say she totally has the nerves to butcher such a glorious historical figure and my beloved Park Hyung Sik. I am mad. If it's not for Hyung Sik, I would have dropped this drama already, and I have done that with Legend of The Blue Sea, dropping it at episode 15.

5 hours ago, ferily said:

That is true. I feel as if SMJ and MM are both pitiful and they both suffered in their own way. Sam Maek Jong is King but he's been living his life like he is not and his mother has total control over him. In this aspect, it makes him pitiful because he has been in hiding for his own life and cannot even do his job as King and serve his people. 

Life for Moo Myung wasn't easy for him. I don't think any of us here believe that he had a simple and happy life. I mean he practically doesn't know who he is, saw his friend, his one and only friend in his life, die right in front of him, and had to become part of Hwarang because he was threatened. I'm glad that above all of this, at least MM has somebody who loves him, Aro, and someone he could love as well. Additionally, MM and SMJ have each other, even though there is still some hostile between them with the fact of SMJ being the King. But we all know that they both like each other.

i think everyone brings up SMJ right now because of what happened in Episode 14. One of the events we are all waiting for is for SMJ to announce he is King and finally take the throne. This episode disappointed many of us so that's why we all express ourselves like this. No doubt, MM is a pitiful character as well. It's just that many of us were disappointed this past episode so we are saying all of this :) It's almost the end of the drama and many of the Hwarang's stories aren't developed as they should be, at this point in the drama. (Including MM)

100% aggreed with you.

ep 13-14 should be in ep 9-10 considering this is 20 ep drama.

we are in ep 15 next week and the writer is still trying to hook audience with the secret birth of SMJ and MM, it's not fun anymore, The writer should be developing Hwarang already now and the story should be about fighting the evil minister to make a better Silla. The title of this drama is HWARANG but the hwarang part is so undeveloped 

I'm just in love with this show:wub: that whatever disappointments it gave, I just forgive them.

I like the preview, hope that next episode will justify it and my expectation. Because some of their episodes have good preview:D but when whole episode was shown, it was just okay..:)

Anyways, I'm starting to be a fan of V because he's so cute in every aspect. I want to hug him. And also I'm really looking forward to new drama of Park Hyung Sik with Ji-Soo and Park Bo-Young, Strong Woman DO Bong Soon.

And I think maybe that's one of the reason why I love Hwarang.. it introduced me to this guys. 

16 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I have no doubt he will become a great king in the end because he is after all the great King Jinheung of Silla, as how history remembers him. But I am totally perplexed by the writing, It's so contradictory. I feel the writer not doing justice to his character. The way I see it, the writer going hell bent to show that Sun Woo is a better person to rule Silla given his background who could relate to real people and he is probably entitled (he could be a True Bone or Sacred Bone) and he is a better man for Aro. I get it! I get that Sun Woo is the main character here. My problem is, there is no need to thumb down the character of Sammaekjong in order to elevate Sun Woo. Sure, SMJ is the more intellectual one but it would make a lot of difference if this time around, he stepped up and took responsibility. At this stage, all the respect of all those people including the fellow Hwarang boys and Aro will automatically go to Sun Woo because he is that shining hero whom is willing to sacrifice himself in order to protect a much bigger course while the real king chickened out under such dire situation. 

Unless the writer could write something clever where SMJ could prove himself worthy of the throne and get them out of prison and Baekje safely instead of Sun Woo doing all those glory, I say she totally has the nerves to butcher such a glorious historical figure and my beloved Park Hyung Sik. I am mad. If it's not for Hyung Sik, I would have dropped this drama already, and I have done that with Legend of The Blue Sea, dropping it at episode 15.

You should prepare your self then, it seem to me that the writer spending a lot of time developing SMJ character in the first half ep and will be switch it to SW in the remaining ep.

8 hours ago, athena22 said:

All my ships have sunk like Titanic. What I expect from writers now is they make storyline a proper one with proper character development for all characters especially SMJ he had totally different characters in earlier episode now he is complete opposite... 

I want that SMJ back who had shouted at queen as I am the king of this nation .

Me too, the writer is so inconsistent with her story, SMJ character is so different from the previously shown 

7 minutes ago, silvianage said:

You should prepare your self then, it seem to me that the writer spending a lot of time developing SMJ character in the first half ep and will be switch it to SW in the remaining ep.

I agree with you totally. Like I said before, the writing is so contradictory. I would rather she chose to sideline him in the beginning rather than butchering him in the later half. It is just so unfair.

HwarangEp14Prevheader-690x400.jpg     I'm the KING....

I was surprised in the episode today that it was so packed and so intense as well.  I thought that both ARO and the Princess were courageous.  ARO in that even after seeing MM & the Princess when she was having that spell and it looked as if it could have been something else.  She keeps her feelings in check and waits until she sees him later and lays her feeling and heart right out there not caring just wanting to know what the heck is going on with him and why did he come on this trip.  Love is something new to ARO as well and she is like any other woman not steady in her confidence.  She knows the Princess likes him and that he is good looking and is fair game since she is suppose to only be his sister.  I think that in itself would be much harder to deal with knowing she can't even be honest or open about her love or feeling for MM.  Except with a friend I'm sure she is missing right about now...

There was some excitement seeing the Hwarang's  coming together and fighting more than once and I thought the scene when SMJ took up for the farmers spoke volumes about the kind of King he could be.  When you think about it maybe the fact that he grew up the faceless King not being treated like royalty or living in a palace.  Having to live among the very people he would one day rule learning and understanding things that you can't learn from books.  It's living it, seeing it and experiencing it day after day traveling around and filling your mind and heart with hands on knowledge that is learned by you.  He understood the farmers unlike the Princess who treats people even ARO like she is nothing more than a half breed.  When others see how talented she is including SMJ who knows she is special in every way...

I was upset about Banryu hoping he could just let that letter get lost somehow while traveling he didn't know that he was in fact placing his own Kings life in danger.  The moment ARO got in trouble I knew it was only going to get worse.  The  Dark lord started to enjoy heads being cut off I thought he reminds me of Darth Vador no reaction just plenty of coldness and cruelty.  I was hoping when ARO was brought before them for just a second they would all move one step forward and say in unison I'm the KING.  It may have caused ARO's death but I still thought how cool it would have been for all of them to risk themselves yet protect the King who ever he was...

You can see the genuine caring even with Banryu and his brother in law LOL:lol: playing in the stream and just like friends enjoying being together and so far from where they once were.  They are growing closer all of them and I think it will help even Banryu with all his short comings and having to do things he isn't happy about.  I think he will find courage in time and stand with the others when he is really needed at least that's what my heart says and Sooyun would too...

MM is just a born leader is never afraid to do the right thing even if it means his life.  Smarter than most and isn't fooled by others no matter who they are.  I think he was not only impressed by SMJ's actions in what he did for the farmers. I think he was even more moved by what he heard.  The words that SMJ spoke and he must have thought and been puzzled if I am right and he is the KIng who is he that understands the common man and is willing to defend them even while getting slapped...

MM also handled the Princess well both when he made it clear he knows what she did but shows her respect and kindness when seeing her have that attack and even later how he behind bars gave her the advise and leadership and encouragement she needed to hear.  I don't believe she would have thought of that on her own she was feeling pretty angry and sorry for herself in having to deal with this on her own.  But quickly MM places responsibility on her and lets her know if something is unjust you have to fight no matter the cost for what is right is RIGHT and what is wrong is WRONG...

Hwarang it's not just a story its an experience and there's a lot to think about and even learn about relationships, friendships, love, honor, sacrifice finding ones self and learning to be what you were meant to be and even the best you can be...

8 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I am in agreement with you.  I stopped watching in the middle of episode 11 and I will not watch it again until the 15th or 16th episode. As others have voiced, I thought that this drama was going to be more focused on the  camaraderie of the Hwarang, how the king came to power and the Hwarang prowess on the battlefield.  For fluff I watched 1% of Something. 

It is reckless and unwise to advance the theory that Sun Won-Rang would be a great king or just a king.  Kings are taught how to be a king from youth.  It is not a “I woke up one morning and became one of the greatest kings in Silla history” thing, kings were groomed.  What about the real king, hasn't he suffered enough injustice being hidden and not allowed to take his rightful place on the throne?  I question the Queen's motives and I wished the writer had not gone in this direction, but stayed on course with the title of the drama.  A great story was wasted by a silly romance and a would be second king issue.

I personally think that sometimes, people look at the actor and not the character.  As much as I love Park Seo-Joon as an actor, when I look at the character that he is playing in this drama I say...king, no way.    

No he will not become a king, I remember there is a spoiler from picture book when SMJ is wearing a robe to be crown as a king

Sun Woo will also chose Aro instead of become a king

Dawh, when SMJ and MM were talking at the campfire (and the conversation between SMJ and Soo Ho when SH punched SMJ, and MM watched them and told SH to stop), I think Moo Myung saw a glimpse of SMJ true heart about him being King, how he feels, and is unable to do anything.. I feel like MM is starting to understand SMJ a bit, as you look at his gaze :wub: I really liked that scene at the campfire between them as well as when SMJ was talking about himself in front of BR, SH and MM. I feel like we got a little bit of character development with SMJ, especially with him almost declaring he is King at the end of Episode 14. 

Okay, after watching episode 14 with subs, everything just makes sense. NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE! The preview for Episode 15 though. Gahhh, I hate these cliffhangers man.... :bawling: Next episode is going to be soooo good, I can just feel it. But the wait is just going to be soo agonizing...

With Moo Myung saying he is the King, but actually isn't....ohmy. Looks like the crown prince believes him and is really considering to kill him. You know based on the ending scene, SMJ and MM are definitely communicating with each other with MM knowing SMJ is King and SMJ knows he does. I wonder what MM thinks of SMJ not saying he is King or if MM knew that SMJ was going to speak out, but maybe he did so to protect Aro of course but also protect SMJ? Am I thinking too much about this, haha :lol:

6 hours ago, carmens said:

because I have something to protect !!!

Go! Go! My Kings!!  and my heart will go on! 

My reaction when I saw that scene: YES, YES YOU DO MOO MYUNG. YOU GO AND KICK THAT SOLIDER'S BUTT. GO PROTECT ARO THE GIRL YOU LOVE. NOTHING CAN STOP YOU SO GOOOO!! PROVE THAT EVIL CROWN PRINCE WRONG AND PUT HIM IN AWE (I apologize for all the caps ^_^ I got a bit excited there....)

But yes.... great episode today, and aside from the heavy weighted scenes, I am glad we got some happy and adorable scenes. Like when Pa Oh was crying near the river xD, Ban Ryu and Soo Ho were playing in the water and SH asked if Soo Yeon likes her (Also anybody notice it's a parallelism between SMJ and MM scene too?), or when HS was being all adorable and wondering when MM is going to come back... AND CAN WE JUST CREDIT KIM TAE HYUNG RIGHT NOW? Props to him acting out the scene when his grandfather whipped his brother. Kim Tae Hyung, good job. *applauses* You continue to amaze me with your acting..

ALSO SHOUT OUT TO THE PRINCESS OWNING IT UP AND TELLING THAT CROWN PRINCE WHAT IS UP....! Now that is the Princess I want to see!!!

I really enjoyed this episode and watching it with subs, I feel indifferent about SMJ not announcing he is King. Like what @giyom1 mentioned, SMJ announcing he is King was not the right place and time for him to do it. The Crown Prince is 100% out to get the King and most likely start a war with Silla, so maybe it is best that he didn't speak out first. I don't think it's about SMJ not being courageous or having no backbone. If you just watch the last scene, you can see him frustrated and angry about these innocent people getting killed. He was determined to announce he was king. If MM didn't speak up first, he most definitely would've spoken up. But we also have to think, okay so what if SMJ did speak up? What will happen? SMJ might have just died right there and then because of his announcement or maybe he might have not? We don't know but we can figure that it might have not been the best situation. Silla may have been in danger because of this. I'm sure the writers have a reason for MM announcing he is the King instead of SMJ. Maybe they have a better and greater situation for SMJ to proclaim he is King. Seeing how things are going to be next episode, who knows what would have happened if SMJ told the truth.

It's ironic that my response to the episode is completely different from after the episode aired :lol: But that's my little rant about the episode :)

21 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Hehe, yes I change my comment on SMJ's character's development. Actually a reason why I really like SMJ as a character in the drama is because his character has so much depth. The writer showed so much about him, and while I think it has more potential, I do think the writer has spend a great chunk of time on him. Sorry if I'm contradicting myself.. Haha, I was just disappointed when the episode first came out xD

17 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Me too, the writer is so inconsistent with her story, SMJ character is so different from the previously shown 

This is true too. It's so interesting that his character flipped from the beginning to now, although he did care about Silla and the people. I don't know...

15 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I'm the KING....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCF6kDQlCKyicttFQiZUM7t_QTwTOC4VFJ-hp_F91NRhcGv21pIw

I was surprised in the episode today that it was so packed and so intense as well.  I thought that both ARO and the Princess were courageous.  ARO in that even after seeing MM & the Princess when she was having that spell and it looked as if it could have been something else.  She keeps her feelings in check and waits until she sees him later and lays her feeling and heart right out there not caring just wanting to know what the heck is going on with him and why did he come on this trip.  Love is something new to ARO as well and she is like any other woman not steady in her confidence.  She knows the Princess likes him and that he is good looking and is fair game since she is suppose to only be his sister.  I think that in itself would be much harder to deal with knowing she can't even be honest or open about her love or feeling for MM.  Except with a friend I'm sure she is missing right about now...

There was some excitement seeing the Hwarang's  coming together and fighting more than once and I thought the scene when SMJ took up for the farmers spoke volumes about the kind of King he could be.  When you think about it maybe the fact that he grew up the faceless King not being treated like royalty or living in a palace.  Having to live among the very people he would one day rule learning and understanding things that you can't learn from books.  It's living it, seeing it and experiencing it day after day traveling around and filling your mind and heart with hands on knowledge that is learned by you.  He understood the farmers unlike the Princess who treats people even ARO like she is nothing more than a half breed.  When others see how talented she is including SMJ who knows she is special in every way...

Yes, 100% agree what you said about SMJ! This is why I said earlier in this thread that he'll be a great King despite being known as a faceless King his whole life. He has been living among the people for his whole life and even by him being in Hwarang, and going to Baekje, he's learning about his people and what they have to go through. This is something that a King cannot learn by going through training or reading it in the books. By going through all of this, he'll be able take this in his ruling.

I was upset about Banryu hoping he could just let that letter get lost somehow while traveling he didn't know that he was in fact placing his own Kings life in danger.  The moment ARO got in trouble I knew it was only going to get worse.  The  Dark lord started to enjoy heads being cut off I thought he reminds me of Darth Vador no reaction just plenty of coldness and cruelty.  I was hoping when ARO was brought before them for just a second they would all move one step and say in unison I'm the KING.  It may have caused ARO's death but I still thought how cool it would have been for all of them to risk themselves yet protect the King who ever he was...

You can see the genuine caring even with Banryu and his brother in law LOL:lol: playing in the stream and just like friends enjoying being together and so far from where they once were.  They are growing closer all of them and I think it will help even Banryu with all his short comings and having to do things he isn't happy about.  I think he will find courage in time and stand with the others when he is really needed at least that's what my heart says and Sooyun would too...

MM is just a born leader is never afraid to do the right thing even if it means his life.  Smarter than most and isn't fooled by others no matter who they are.  I think he was not only impressed by SMJ's actions in what he did for the farmers. I think he was even more moved by what he heard.  The words that SMJ spoke and he must have thought and been puzzled if I am right and he is the KIng who is he that understands the common man and is willing to defend them even while getting slapped...

Yes, yes, yes, yes! I already mentioned this in my long post and rant about the episode, but during those scenes you can see MM look at SMJ and see that he saw SMJ true heart. It seems that he is understand SMJ true heart little by little and even understanding him and how he feels. Maybe MM was even impressed by him and to extent SMJ went to.

MM also handled the Princess well both when he made it clear he knows what she did but shows her respect and kindness when seeing her have that attack and even later how he behind bars gave her the advise and leadership and encouragement she needed to hear.  I don't believe she would have thought of that on her own she was feeling pretty angry and sorry for herself in having to deal with this on her own.  But quickly MM places responsibility on her and lets her know if something is unjust you have to fight no matter the cost for what is right is RIGHT and what is wrong is WRONG...

Hwarang it's not just a story its an experience and there's a lot to think about and even learn about relationships, friendships, love, honor, sacrifice finding ones self and learning to be what you were meant to be and even the best you can be...

I think Moo Myung just has that persona of being someone who is strong, courageous, not afraid to speak his mind, willing to go to any extent to protect the one he loves, and being a leader.

I feel like the crippled guy is thinking to replace SMJ and bring a better King... I think he's considering on putting MM on the throne... Oh my :scream: There was a photo that I think @sakura2016 posted on the thread awhile ago and it was MM and SMJ in front of the King's throne and had their swords out. Do you think MM and SMJ would really fight for the throne though? MM doesn't seem like somebody who would want to be King though..

A very interesting episode. The love between MM and Aro is getting stronger with every episode and their relationship with the king is becoming closer. Especially Aro who is always there to comfort him and make him feel betterI 

I feel that the criticism towards this actress is a bit to much. She is beautiful and does her job perfectly considering how poorly her character is written, and that she is acting next to 10 handsome young men.Also through all the episodes she is perfecting her knowlege in treating people which was a great sucess for a woman of that time.

I am little dissapointed in BR because he gave away the letter but I think he will realise that he was wrong to so so.

Also the king should have stepped foward before they killed those people, but he did not , MM did so first, but I think that is just  a missed moment. MM didnt even wait to see if the king will step foward, he did not even think about that.

Also Aro could have said who is the king but she did not even when her life was in danger.

Mostly I think that they will emerge victorious from these kinds of situations, and so contribute to SMJ being a great king.

4 minutes ago, ferily said:

I think Moo Myung just has that persona of being someone who is strong, courageous, not afraid to speak his mind, willing to go to any extent to protect the one he loves, and being a leader.

I feel like the crippled guy is thinking to replace SMJ and bring a better King... I think he's considering on putting MM on the throne... Oh my :scream: There was a photo that I think @sakura2016 posted on the thread awhile ago and it was MM and SMJ in front of the King's throne and had their swords out. Do you think MM and SMJ would really fight for the throne though? MM doesn't seem like somebody who would want to be King though..

No, I don't think so

Maybe they had their swords to clear the misunderstanding regarding Mak Moon death,
Or they are having disagreement regarding priority when they have to choose between saving Aro but sacrifice the people or vice versa ? Because MM will definitely choose Aro while SMJ as a king will consider the people.

4 hours ago, nassyra said:

Just finished watching the subbed episode, I was a little disappointed like many of you, but let's focus on the few new elements:

-My favourite scene was when the princess confronted that Dark lord from Baekje by throwing a sword at him and defending her people against injustice, you Go Girl !:wub:

See? She's not that bad after all.

-We now know that the mysterious man who has Polio is Queen Jiso's Brother.

-The conversation between Master we hwa and  Lord Kim Hwi-kyung hints that Sunwoo might be a Prince?

-Banryu's betrayal was really disappointing :dizzy:

-I do not blame SMJ for not revealing himself, he was put in a difficult situation, I think that seeing the misery of his people made him feel guilty for being so helpless, the time will come when he aknowledges his worth and capacities.

-Sun woo is my favorite character but he still doesn't get out of his shell, it's kind of sad that he believes that Ahro is his only reason to exist, I want the free spirited Dog-Bird from EP 1 back, I hope that what he'll undergo while impersonating the king will shake him a little.

And one more thing, doesn't the queen have anything else to wear beside that robe? Is it some kind of a royal uniform ?:glasses:

-When i saw the princess stand up to the Crown Prince, I was like YES YOU GO GIRL AND TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T WANT.

-And yeah, what an interesting twist. The man is the Queen's brother, I did not expect that at all

-Okay, like based on that scene, I am like pretty sure the crippled guy (don't know his name) is trying to put Moo Myung on the throne. He obviously knows his birth secret and think he's the more worthy person to be on the throne.

-And gosh, this just upsets me. Banryu, man. I mean as much as I love him and Soo Yeon together, he needs to get a grip and stop obeying his evil adopted father. I wish he would stand up to him and stop doing his dirty work.... I hope that in the later episodes, Banryu will stand up to him and stop obeying him.

-Yeah  I do  agree too. SMJ was about to reveal himself, but he was a second too late. It's a situation where it might be dangerous to admit he is King. I'm sure by MM announcing he is King will lead to SMJ becoming a great King :)

-Ahh, that's true too.. He was really awesome in Episode 1 and 2. Willing to risk everything to save Mak Moon and being so free spirited. But I really like his character here now, aside from his loveline with Aro. I like to see Moo Myung being a leader and courageous. Standing up for himself and being brave. Like when he was fighting the evil old ahjussi's solider and he ended up winning.

2 hours ago, giyom1 said:

See most of us have peace of mind upon watching it with sub, we just saw the cover thats all earlier but we haven't read the book yet... well now i dont know what to do to survive this week...

Same here, man. That cliffhanger though..... Now we have to wait another week for the next episode.......

14 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

A very interesting episode. The love between MM and Aro is getting stronger with every episode and their relationship with the king is becoming closer. Especially Aro who is always there to comfort him and make him feel betterI 

I feel that the criticism towards this actress is a bit to much. She is beautiful and does her job perfectly considering how poorly her character is written, and that she is acting next to 10 handsome young men.Also through all the episodes she is perfecting her knowlege in treating people which was a great sucess for a woman of that time.

I am little dissapointed in BR because he gave away the letter but I think he will realise that he was wrong to so so.

Also the king should have stepped foward before they killed those people, but he did not , MM did so first, but I think that is just  a missed moment. MM didnt even wait to see if the king will step foward, he did not even think about that.

Also Aro could have said who is the king but she did not even when her life was in danger.

Mostly I think that they will emerge victorious from these kinds of situations, and so contribute to SMJ being a great king.

Gosh, I can go on a whole rant about people criticizing Go Ara.... Like I think she's doing a fabulous job acting her character. It's only because of the way her character was written is why she appears like that. Like you said, she looks beautiful in the drama and does a great job conveying the emotions of her character. It's just that her character wasn't written welll, that's why. Go Ara is an amazing actor and the fact she's able to portray her character like that despite the poorly written character...props to her. She doesn't deserve all the criticism she's getting.

4 minutes ago, silvianage said:

No, I don't think so

Maybe they had their swords to clear the misunderstanding regarding Mak Moon death,
Or they are having disagreement regarding priority when they have to choose between saving Aro but sacrifice the people or vice versa ? Because MM will definitely choose Aro while SMJ as a king will consider the people.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they were inside the throne room with swords pointed at each other. I'm sure we'll see that scene soon enought, but I have no doubts that MM will choose Aro and SMJ would be King. MM doesn't have the desire to take the throne although he has great leadership skills

I think it's interesting how some people think that Moo Myung might be the one on the throne instead of SMJ..

Archived