Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Ahh, SunTaek, my first ship and now forever ship (thanks for the badge ^_^)

#anotherfirstbadgepost #sopretty #bestshippp

A throwback to how it all started, in honor of the ship's well-earned victory:

Spoiler

Omk9sq7.jpg

Spoiler

pink_piggyback.jpgCR: this thread, all credits to original creator

"How much do I love that when he was asked, Taek could not specify a start to when he first fell in love with Deok Sun? He merely laughed when informed that she thought it was in 1989. And we cut to a flashback to their childhood. To the time he broke his right arm and she piggybacked him. To the time when she wrestled him to the ground and he required stitches to his forehead and they held hands when they slept...

We see that Deok Sun was not a particularly pretty or attractive child. We know this right from the beginning in episode 1 when her parents were marveling at the fact that she was chosen as a picket girl. Yet, the flashback was to that very particular time in her life when she had not yet grown into her looks. I love that it just highlights the fact that what Taek loves about her is definitely not just her looks, but her very presence itself."

CR: pressedbutnotcrushed.tumblr.com

First. Last. Always. Forever. <333

♪♫ Posting with Shiny Toy Gun's "Season of Love" on repeat lol ^^ ♬☕

• Like 13

2 hours ago, cooleet said:

Testing... 

Why can't I make up my mind? I think I'd go with this PP...

Because you've so many awesome choices to pick from?  kekeke. I'm going to start highlighting with pink now instead of yellow. 

11 hours ago, aleen1412 said:

I LOVE our badges. We were Taektanic, and we became Taektanium. We made the 1% choice that became the winner and now we have the medals to show for it ♥ And I love that we are still doing rewatching sessions and analyzing episodes.

By the way apparently VIKI has subbed some of Reply 1988's episodes and their subs' quality are even better than DramaFever. This week keeps getting better and better.

:) TK was only treated like the 1% here at soompi in the main Reply 1988 thread because those JH shippers came out in droves to pummel anyone who would dare challenge their gaeddeok thinking. But from the perspective of producers, director and scriptwriter, TK was always 100% the husband. 

Another clue from Episode 1: the Chinese Checkers.

Look: even  Ryu Jun Weol auditioned for the role of the genius baduk player. He knew that role was important. 

Link: http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/26/ryu-jun-yeol-reveals-which-reply-1988-characters-he-auditioned-for-before-being-cast-as-jung-hwan/

How could he not know that baduk was an integral part of the story? It was like an imaginary 6th member of the gang; it was always there with them, part of the narrative. The production crew poured money into developing the world of baduk; the scriptwriter researched the personality and backstory of famous Korean baduk players; the director showcased baduk in many of the early scenes; both the director and the writer carefully screened the actor who was going to play TK; and the #ChosenOne :) PBG received special training on baduk and baduk etiquette. With this much ENERGY and concentration invested on baduk,how could rational people think that the character who was represented by CHINESE CHECKERS win the girl at the end? 

TK = Baduk, JH = Chinese Checkers 

Chinese checkers is a German-invented game marketed as an Asian game here in the US. Pitting it against baduk is like this –

Real vs fake.

real-vs-fake-follower.jpg

credit: orthodoxcatholicism

Why on earth would the writer spend so much time creating a baduk genius just to have that Chinese Checkers guy end up with Deoksun? :) After patterning the character of TK after the Korean NATIONAL TREASURE Lee Chang Ho, she would be dissing the world’s best baduk player for a nonetity. 

• Like 11

19 hours ago, hushhh said:

YOur analysis makes sense. DS has learned how to be a big sibling from BR so she patterns her behavior towards NE after BR's behavior towards her. "Kick the dog" syndrome.  

I'm sticking with JH  having low emotional intelligence.  When he understands the situation he behaves well. His behavior makes him not my type of romantic lead but I'm prone to give credit where it is due.  Also by not pushing for DS is my idea of JH behaving well because you see I'm a SunTaek kind of human. If you doubt me look at my BADGE!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Crazy Mut was down his friends had little fight.  You know if you fight right you won't get your face bashed in.  You just have to "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" and protect the pretty.

Patiently awaiting cake.

As for bad manners, the diving into the food was the least of it because it didn't make Taek uncomfortable.  The turning up the sound that was bad manners, because it disturbs him and they know it.

First off, sorry for breaking the badge code. I kinda like mine :D 

I know. I sometimes make sense. It's mostly when I'm asleep and nothing comes out of my mouth I make the most sense. Or so I'm told lol.

Meh, I just dislike JH. Perhaps you're right and I'm wrong, but his indecisiveness just wore me down quickly. Either go for it or don't go for it. Don't raise your fists only to put them down again.

Do you think SW or DR has ever fought before? SW is known as the good guy with the good grades, being the good son and the good brother. He never gets in trouble and he's even reluctant to go see the 19+ rated movie. I doubt he has ever swung his fist at anyone. Even with Crazy Mutt he only stared him down. He knew his height and his stare, accompanied by his status as Class President, is enough to make most guys back off. Since Crazy Mutt is all talk and no action, he backs down quick enough. Just look at how Crazy Mutt reacts when he's told the necklace he ripped of SW's neck has very sentimental value. He's taken aback and for a second hesitates. Then he realises he can't back down now as it would jeopardize his status so he's like "So what?".
DR is the first to run off. He calls JH over as soon as he's taken away by the Brazil Dukkbokki guys. He's also the one that tells SW to come over when they're caught at the 19+ movie, instead of giving SW a chance to escape. 
No, I don't buy it. SW and DR didn't help JH one bit. With Crazy Mutt down, either his friends stepped in (though they remain fairly anonimous) or he actually went crazy. But considering he was down, JH had the upperhand and could've stopped him at any time.

You'll have to wait for a while I'm afraid. Not my birthday yet :D 

I agree with the volume. I actually had to decease the volume here as well. Mostly during Bo Ra and DS' fighting scene's though :P 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Because you've so many awesome choices to pick from?  kekeke. I'm going to start highlighting with pink now instead of yellow. 

:) TK was only treated like the 1% here at soompi in the main Reply 1988 thread because those JH shippers came out in droves to pummel anyone who would dare challenge their gaeddeok thinking. But from the perspective of producers, director and scriptwriter, TK was always 100% the husband. 

Another clue from Episode 1: the Chinese Checkers.

Look: even  Ryu Jun Weol auditioned for the role of the genius baduk player. He knew that role was important. 

Link: http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/26/ryu-jun-yeol-reveals-which-reply-1988-characters-he-auditioned-for-before-being-cast-as-jung-hwan/

How could he not know that baduk was an integral part of the story? It was like an imaginary 6th member of the gang; it was always there with them, part of the narrative. The production crew poured money into developing the world of baduk; the scriptwriter researched the personality and backstory of famous Korean baduk players; the director showcased baduk in many of the early scenes; both the director and the writer carefully screened the actor who was going to play TK; and the #ChosenOne :) PBG received special training on baduk and baduk etiquette. With this much ENERGY and concentration invested on baduk,how could rational people think that the character who was represented by CHINESE CHECKERS win the girl at the end? 

TK = Baduk, JH = Chinese Checkers 

Chinese checkers is a German-invented game marketed as an Asian game here in the US. Pitting it against baduk is like this –

Real vs fake.

credit: orthodoxcatholicism

Why on earth would the writer spend so much time creating a baduk genius just to have that Chinese Checkers guy end up with Deoksun? :) After patterning the character of TK after the Korean NATIONAL TREASURE Lee Chang Ho, she would be dissing the world’s best baduk player for a nonetity. 

i agree with you @packmule3 .  i started followiing reply 1988 news before show started because of PBG ( i like him from hello monster and canable) . as early as around May 2015 , PBG name came out as lead of reply 1988 together with Hyeri and Sun woo . At that time i do not even know Jun Yeol will be one of the cast in reply 1988. they can like Jun Yeol as much as they want but they should not let PBG down and keep on saying / posting on main thread that Jun Yeol is the lead. make me sick and sad for PBG. i posted one the news at main thread.

my Eng writing is not good like you all thats why i enjoy reading all of your comments instead of writing. but everyday i follow PBG thread and this thread:):)

• Like 4

Thank you all for keeping this thread active. I knew Teak would be the end game when he called DS at the pay phone on the day of first snow. He didn't just asked her out for movie, he said firmly let's watch a movie together, just both of them. Also when DS patted his butt told him grow up well so he can marry her.... I got hooked since.. I marathon watch the whole series that night :blink: and went to work wo sleep... Love PBG so much more since! 

• Like 7

On 4/29/2016 at 11:30 AM, aleen1412 said:

By the way apparently VIKI has subbed some of Reply 1988's episodes and their subs' quality are even better than DramaFever. This week keeps getting better and better.

Wow really? Then this deserves another watch.Of course viki's sub quality is better cause they translate even the songs,and the volunteers apparently work harder than the paid subbers for dramafever,lol.No offense though.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nearsea said:

Wow really? Then this deserves another watch.Of course viki's sub quality is better cause they translate even the songs,and the volunteers apparently work harder than the paid subbers for dramafever,lol.No offense though.

That's why we're doing rewatch for the past 2 weeks from viki.  We already on ep.2. 

Just jump in. We have a blast of analysis and comments.

• Like 5

There's a test to see which one of the Reply series heroines fits you best.

QUIZ: Which “Reply” Series Female Character Are You? 

QUIZ: Which “Reply” Series Female Character Are You?

Fans of the “Reply” series know that although the mystery husband is important, the strong women are what empower viewers and also what keeps us entertained. Take this quiz to find out which female character you are from the beloved series!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/28/quiz-which-reply-series-female-character-are-you/

Try it. I got Deoksun. :D It was easy to guess which options pointed to her. 

• Like 3

Took the quiz, answered truthfully and got exactly who I expected. :P I could see exactly which answers would get me DS though. Lol!

Sung Shi Won

3d405f8d-6330-4f19-87d8-5c516223f2a6.gif

You are the unstoppable Sung Shi Won! You can be the sassiest person out there or the sweetest. There is no in between. You are full of passion and standing up for what you believe in. You may be a little lost in life but one thing you do know is that if you want something, you'll get it.

2 hours ago, deeand said:

That's why we're doing rewatch for the past 2 weeks from viki.  We already on ep.2. 

Just jump in. We have a blast of analysis and comments.

I heard that even a Moderator joined in this time! :o 

About that test... yeah I'm not going to take that. I know I'd be DS. Isn't there a male test? Or a daddy test? Not to know if I'm pregnant but.. well... you know...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

I heard that even a Moderator joined in this time! :o 

About that test... yeah I'm not going to take that. I know I'd be DS. Isn't there a male test? Or a daddy test? Not to know if I'm pregnant but.. well... you know...

There is but not here in Soompi....

1 hour ago, phikyl said:

Took the quiz, answered truthfully and got exactly who I expected. :P I could see exactly which answers would get me DS though. Lol!

Sung Shi Won

You are the unstoppable Sung Shi Won! You can be the sassiest person out there or the sweetest. There is no in between. You are full of passion and standing up for what you believe in. You may be a little lost in life but one thing you do know is that if you want something, you'll get it.

I also took the test and got her too... I thought I'd be DS... hehehehehe...

• Like 3

Bora.

lol. When I wasn't trying to look for answers that corresponded with DS, I got Bora. Hahaha.

"You are the revered Sung Bora. You are headstrong and determined. You are a thinker and with that, you are always thinking of others. You are a bit stubborn but that's because you think with your head and never with your heart."

@CamelKnight, try it! I bet you're a Shi Won, the girl from the first Reply drama.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Grace1003 said:
Oops, sorry, meant to post this in PBG's thread.

Ehhh, it doesn't matter. We like to hear news of PBG anyway, @Grace1003. Nobody's going to report you. 

51 minutes ago, cooleet said:

There is but not here in Soompi....

There was a male test, right? Didnt we post it here? Was it from Dramafever? 

• Like 2