Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

7 hours ago, phikyl said:

To bring us back on topic: I can forgive JH for not knowing how to display his affection properly since every friend of his we see is male, aside from DS. He still should have taken some cues from TK though if he really wanted a shot with DS. JH didn't notice the way DS smiled anytime TK complimented her?! Why would he not take that as a sign and do the same?! 

First a bit off topic: I've never seen R94, it's still on my watchlist. I've seen YYS in Gu Family Book and he's exactly the same: no facial expression whatsoever. I'm not biased (in fact, I didn't even remember him from Gu Family Book when I watched W&C), I simply feel he lacked any sort of emotion. Who I rather would've seen in his role? Just about any actor. I've seen deceased people with more emotion in their faces.

Back on topic: I'm amazed you didn't pick up on this. JH shows us from EP 1 going forward that he lacks determination and some serious balls. It's already displayed by his fear of helping his friend out and therefor returning home shoeless. It's a trend that continues throughout the series. He never really stands up for himself, never says what he's really feeling or thinking. With only men around him, a brother as dimwitted as a role of toiletpaper and a mom incapable of showing affection (see the awkward backhug in EP1 before she walks out of his room after he told her he got #1), it's obvious he's going to have problems showing any kind of emotion to the people he cares about. It's also the reason why he takes a step back so TK can go for DS, that's his way of showing affection. He hasn't had a role model to learn these basic things from. It takes a special kind of woman to hold this kind of man. Preferably a woman who's going to take charge. And we all know DS isn't about to take charge, being as dense as she is :)

• Like 15

Fan Gurling's photo.

Congratulations to The Chose Ones!  You've all worked hard.  Too many names to mention individually, but each and every person on this ship contributed so much.  Yes, you.  But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention our captain @hafunohane for steering our ship so well and @Mangachicka and @__jesse.

And special thanks to @mangekyux for contributing so much to translations and "public relations."  And thanks to @rynn_peace for translations.

SunTaek.

Sarang-ah, SunTaek-hae.  Love, I choose you.

Photo Credit:  DC Gall

• Like 20

1 hour ago, aleen1412 said:

Congratulations everyone! SunTaek manse! All of the hard work has paid off. I am extremely proud of this ship. *sobs*

To celebrate our winning I offer a SunTaek fanfiction here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6674755

I had this in my draft for a while but the winning today motivates me to finish everything and post. :D

Just one simple word... "MORE"

Thank you for this. Fanfics of Suntaek are so precious. We have very talented authors and I really hope more will come in the future.

BTW,

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!! WE REALLY DID IT!!!

Special mention to @hafunohane, @gerimisore, @nuckertuck, @mangachickava, @fangurling123, @mangekyux @rynn_peace, @bubbles, @ladyfriday, @shooastrid, @packmule3... (sorry if I forgot some) If it weren't for you guys, we wouldn't be here now. It was really a great dedicated team. Congratulations to all of you.

• Like 13

CONGRATULATIONS!  Wow, way to come from behind.  I do think it says great things about the entire cast and crew that the top two ships were from this show (and continued to duke it out to the end with SunTaek on top).

• Like 13

Congratulations guys! We couldn't have done it without all the hard work from everyone involved in creating our contest entries as well as those who helped promote on various social media sites. The number of votes we got for both Round 3 and Round 4 is absolutely incredible! Great job everyone!

SunTaek Forever!

CczPtihUAAA-Bj7_zpsyja5ogpo.jpg

**credit goes to the creator of this beautiful artwork**

Congratulations on  the winning.  SunTaek shippers really deserve it.

However can I make a small request?  Can u guys put the gif pictures in spoiler.  I love the gif pic but with so many of them, my poor android gets haywire & I somehow I accidentally touch 'report' button on one post which unfortunately I don't even know who's post & I'm very sorry but I dunno how to undo it.

Gdnite everyone. ..

• Like 10

Watching EP2 I'm amazed with what DS and her mom go through just to keep Bo Ra happy. The incident where DS takes her sister's denim jacket to school and the following chaos to get Bo Ra distracted long enough for her to return it home, shows how much Bo Ra has been spoiled. It's even more unnerving to see her mom do whatever she can to make sure Bo Ra doesn't blow a casket. It's one of the few things I never understood: why was everyone so lenient towards Bo Ra? As the eldest, she really should've known her place in the family: above DS, but still way below her parents. Her blatant disrespect for her parents and even her grandmom baffled me.

EP2 is again a prima example of why JH is such a wimp. After the soccer match, Crazy Mut tells JW to take of the necklace he got from his dad. Instead of stepping up for his friend, JH just tells SW to take it off too. For me, this was the point where I started to seriously dislike JH. He knows damnwell how important that necklace is to SW and still he goes off and says something like that. Blegh.

When granny died, you get a first look at the bond Bo Ra and DS have. Eventhough they constantly bicker and fight, Bo Ra keeps calm while on the phone with DS. She also tells them not to cry a bit later when they arrive in a gentle manner. She;'s the big sister and her siblings need her. Bo Ra steps up like she's supposed to.

• Like 12

Amazing.. eventhough JH knocks Crazy Mut to the ground, he still get's a beating. He finally stands up for his friends, makes a surprise hit and still manages to come out with his face in ruins,

It's funny to see how all of them treat TK though. Even at his birthday they're mad at him for coming home late and rush his song, the cake and present they got for him. I've often wondered how much of a friend he meant to all of them. DS might call them a group of 5 friends, but does TK see it like that too?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CamelKnight said:

I've often wondered how much of a friend he meant to all of them. DS might call them a group of 5 friends, but does TK see it like that too?

I think he does.

Not only does he back away from DS in the later episodes to make sure the friendship between him and JH stays intact but he doesn't protest to his friends doing those kinds of things. 

When he's at the Baduk club and his tournaments, TK is pretty much treated like a god. It has to be nice to come home and just be treated like a normal person. Even his Baduk seniors probably wouldn't treat him like that. We know he gets suckered into lending them all kinds of money throughout the series.

For my own thoughts: I've noticed this before but DS is really a very caring person. She's the one who snuggles up to their grandmother, goes along with all of JH's dad's jokes and is basically the sunshine of the neighborhood. It's no wonder she's yellow! I might even be willing to bet that most of TK's birthday celebration was planned by DS. 

It’s been pointed out that it seems like DS’s mom “ranks” her children which appears to be true based on how differently she treats Bora and Deok Sun. I noticed a line in Episode 2 where the grandmother says “Why would I rank them? Both of them are filial sons.” It’s such a sharp contrast to the actions of DS’s mother during the early part of the series.

Noticed that TK jumps when DS screams [when DR pulls her hair] I wonder if that’s the first time TK actually witnesses that happening. Seems like every other time it happens at the bus stop or in other places where TK isn’t around.

I found it a little odd that DS’s mom called No-Eul’s school instead of DS’s. Why would she do that? She’s the parent so calling and needing to talk to her child shouldn’t be such a big deal.

I wonder if the reason DS and BR fight all the time is because DS is the only one who actively opposes BR. Even their parents seem to cater to BR’s every whim [she gets new glasses for her birthday, which are expensive, while DS doesn’t even get a new pair of shoes].

Hi guys!

tumblr_o6ao648MHB1tulljko1_500.gif

tumblr_o6ao648MHB1tulljko2_500.gif

If you want to have the suntaek badge attached to your soompi profile, please PM our captain, @hafunohane!

Please PM her ASAP, thanks!!!

and a semi-gif set for everyone, I didn't include the rest because I know not everyone here is ready for angsty!suntaek, if you want to view the whole gif set just go here,

• Like 11

I wonder if the reason DS and BR fight all the time is because DS is the only one who actively opposes BR. Even their parents seem to cater to BR’s every whim [she gets new glasses for her birthday, which are expensive, while DS doesn’t even get a new pair of shoes]. @phikyl

Second daughter always like " second choice" always got " second stuff from her sister" and they always fight because sister love to bothering her little sis. .

Its not actively opposes br, two sister just/always like that when they were teenager

• Like 4

Go, SunTaek and SunTaek shippers!

I  know this is late in coming...I missed out the announcement regarding the Episode 1 rewatch...

1. I love the "spirit of community in Ssamundong...one of my favorite scenes is the "Food Exchange Trips" the 5 kids carried out one dinner. I feel nostalgic about it. We used to live in a community like that----not as close---but yes, giving food gifts to close neighbors. What particularly stood out for me was the"multiplication of side dishes" on the Choi dinner table which was such a treat for Taek and his widower Dad!

2. One question I always had was this : Why is it that only Taek and Jung Hwan's birthdays would be celebrated by the group? While I understand that they treasured Taek, and that Taek and Jung Hwan's families were moneyed enough to afford a celebration, I would like to think that they valued each one to celebrate in whatever way each one's birthday. However, I never saw Duk Seon's, Sun Woo's, and Dong Ryong's birthdays being celebrated together. In fact, it caught my attention fastforwarding to Episode 10 when DR left home that Sun Woo and the rest were not aware it was his birthday until DR told them.

3. It was unfortunate that there was no scene played to show Taek and his Dad watching the Olympics parade when Duk Seon represented Uganda. It would have been a treat to have that scene included in the script.

• Like 12