Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

9 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

But one thing I'm still wondering.. Miran said something about that year being the year of three disasters:

But she only mentioned 2 of them. What could be the third one, hmmm??? 

Hmmm, menopause??

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, __jesse said:

Hmmm, menopause??

nope this is 1989, not 1994. she said "is this the year of 3 disasters" so i'm thinking the third one is either JB failing exam (it would be his sixth time failing hence no need for a mention) or... idk what else? JH technically losing DS to TK that year? lol. let's brainstorm hehehe <3 also where is your part 2 of chocolate theory girl? we are waiting hehehe..

• Like 6

1 minute ago, hafunohane said:

nope this is 1989, not 1994. she said "is this the year of 3 disasters" so i'm thinking the third one is either JB failing exam (it would be his sixth time failing hence no need for a mention) or... idk what else? JH technically losing DS to TK that year? lol. let's brainstorm hehehe <3 also where is your part 2 of chocolate theory girl? we are waiting hehehe..

Oh ya! Gosh, my brain is failing me. Btw, I'm gonna post part 2 tonight. :)

• Like 6

Sorry if this video was already posted but on the topic of BGM: Someone made a subtitled video of Byun Ji Sub's "Come Back to Me Again" (the song used during the flashback in episode 19) and, again, the lyrics fit so well. I imagine the song being from Taek's POV :lol:

"Are you confused because you don't know if I love you? We can't go back to the way we were"

"Now you can come to me just the way you are"

This song is SO beautiful btw I love it :heart:

• Like 18

Guest aoikarin

@snolaxy Thanks for the headup. Here's the twit

CaH1BTnUMAAldZo.jpgCaH1BTTUcAAVEfq.jpg

From @reply_1988 twitter

And yes, it's true that bogum's face glowing like fairy in the dark. I wonder what kind of Skin treatment that treat his skin glows like that.. I want that too LOL

I just watched this compilation of PBG singing (from one of his previous dramas "Wonderful Mama") and in the last clip he's singing Nami's "Bingeul Bingeul" which was the same song Deoksun/Hyeri sung in the last episode of Reply 1988. Can we get a duet? :lol:

• Like 13

These are all old piece of information but,I was watching this video on an alpha go which defeated a master go player,so this line caught my eye when a teacher was explaining go,--'go is a game for two players. It's  a game of perfect information,so there's no luck,there's no hidden moves'.The stones do not move,but can be captured.'  

This works so well for Taek right? As we always saw how he's open to sharing his true feelings with friends,[regarding deok sun],not hesitating at all.His transparency in playing the game,comes forth even when he was not playing the game,outside the club/or the competitions,in the outside world.

Also this,'the ultimate objective is to control more than 50% of the board'.So,this again giving us the whole picture when the game is TK vs JH.And TK came out winning by controlling half of the board< half of the total drama [by appearing in the husband game late].

• Like 18

Not sure if shared. But this the new Pericana Chicken ad using the "I'll buy you everything" scene from the drama. Except the dialogue was changed with a voiceover by Bogum. Hahaha

What do you want to eat?

I'll buy you chicken!

Alright, I'll buy Pericana for you~

• Like 22

@aoikarin you're welcome

i also read they

- went to see the Victoria falls

- did white water rafting not once but twice. the fan said the hike up and down before and after rafting is really steep and long. they must be exhausted.

- lastly bungee jump. only pbg and rjy jumped

• Like 16

On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM, __jesse said:

Hello @pixiemoondust, I'm glad you read the post on JH. Everyone was focus on his failed first love that I felt indignant for his character. So I rewatched the drama with JH in mind,  and soon realised how much love and effort the writer had put in for this character. 

While I'm inclined to assume DS' first love was SW, I haven't yet found a reasonable explanation for JB's arcade scene. We'll have to resolve that someday. But I agree, everyone's entitled to their own interpretations and that's the beauty of having a forum, as long as we respect one another's views. 

It would be unlikely for Taek to overhear Manager Yoo and Top Unnie's conversation. The washroom was quite a distance away, and he was washing his face. They would be careful not to let word slip either because that would affect his condition during the match.

Yup, it's possible that DS' passcode wasn't Taek's birthdate. In fact, I considered three possible options:

1. DS' birthdate

2. Taek's birthdate

3. The default passcode '1234' (Hahaha!)

Btw, I've just added on some stuff to the post in red. I'm mind-blown. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, your theory above is a really a clever analysis abt how TK comes to know DS was being stood up.

I too don't think TK overheard DS's senior & Manager Yoo  conversations, because it not TK's style to just walk past them, not asking more abt it, and of course by now we know his habit to wash his face after each game (Must have a reason for the PD to emphasized on this in early episodes). So TK must have known abt DS being stood up, thus forfeiting his game right before it starts, wash his face, manager Yoo too was puzzled abt his decision, so my bet DS's senior was trying to relate TK's forfeiting his game to DS's date cancelling their concert date, when we heard part of her convo with Manager Yoo especially when she said she feels weird because DS insist on going to the concert by herself. 

Actually I suspect a pager plays a  major part for TK to take a drastic action as such. But I was thinking along the line DR has alerted TK abt seeing DS's date at the cinema with another woman. After all DR knows how much TK really likes DS, & often probe them to be together.

Here's what I think happened, after DR & JH saw the guy, DR leave a message on TK's pager thinking he already started the match. As we know Taek often need some times alone prior to his game, may be at this time he got  the message & made the most drastic decision in his career & to withdraw from the competition at the very last minute. Remember it was abt one hour running time of Forest Gum, when JH decided to leave plus the time before the movie starts & more time for JH drives tru  the busy street, I assume it takes abt 2 hours for TK to withdraw, apologised to his opponent, drive to the music hall & then we saw him huffing & puffing right before JH reach DS.

I guess this is what JH's meant later when he heard TK forfeited his game for DS. JH had a head start of him when he saw DS's date at the cinema but he did nothing except thinking & contemplating whether to go or not to go for over one hour, while TK gave up his important match without a second thought.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, otomame said:

Sorry if this video was already posted but on the topic of BGM: Someone made a subtitled video of Byun Ji Sub's "Come Back to Me Again" (the song used during the flashback in episode 19) and, again, the lyrics fit so well. I imagine the song being from Taek's POV :lol:

"Are you confused because you don't know if I love you? We can't go back to the way we were"

"Now you can come to me just the way you are"

This song is SO beautiful btw I love it :heart:

This breaks my heart everytime.  When I see the tear in his eye, I feel like his heart is breaking.  It is like this is their very first and last kiss, like he's saying forever goodbye to his love.  Where are my tissues? *sniff*

• Like 5

5 hours ago, hafunohane said:

---

But one thing I'm still wondering.. Miran said something about that year being the year of three disasters:

But she only mentioned 2 of them. What could be the third one, hmmm??? 

Sorry for cutting your post short... but anws...its just superstition that bad things come in 3s

There doesn't seem to be any big disaster that happened anymore that year... 1989 just seemed to pass by... unless that 3rd disaster is the dream kiss of TK and DS.... ( to her son its a disaster ) ahahahh

• Like 11

@lxands 

Regarding the pager theory, that sounds reasonable, but I rewatched that part, and Taek washed his face before DR and JH spotted the cheating guy. So that wouldn't flow chronologically. 

It could be possible that Taek knew what happened just by observing DS. But the more realist side of me thinks that he'd need a more definite answer before forfeiting a match. After all, it was the very first match he forfeited in his professional career.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, __jesse said:

@lxands 

Regarding the pager theory, that sounds reasonable, but I rewatched that part, and Taek washed his face before DR and JH spotted the cheating guy. So that wouldn't flow chronologically. 

It could be possible that Taek knew what happened just by observing DS. But the more realist side of me thinks that he'd need a more definite answer before forfeiting a match. After all, it was the very first match he forfeited in his professional career.

@lxands im with @__jesse ... if you look at at the scene again, taekie gave ds a once over and his face suggests "something's not right". i give credit to tk's wicked sense of situational awareness and earnestness, that he was immediately able to grasp that something was up with ds and do something about it right away. checking her pager vm is a plausible action for TK to take and I like it as wonderfully postulated by @__jesse . jh on the other hand, had to sit down and mull it over before figuring it out. isn't tk amazing?

• Like 4

@lxands To me it seemed like pager theory may not work that way.There is a reason that they emphasized TK's face washing scene...it was him contemplating and doing calculations in his mind.The intention is very loud and clear. He's  forfeiting the game and going to save DS.His manager and gf are discussing DS's state of woe here,being stood up and still went ahead to watch the concert,the gf was puzzled why.And we know the actual situation with her.

Also we saw that scene when TK is in the foreground,scanning DS's impromptu dress up,and the slippers,so he must have figured out her situation,the fact that she was hesitating to confess that she's been stood up,and went along with her lie.There might not be any underlying meaning behind this part.

I think the pager was there to use as a plot device for DS's story.First she got the news from the date that he was not going to appear,and then at JH's car,she kept looking at the pager thinking TK must have left her a message,again in vain.

Also,pager was used for sunwoo-bora.I guess PD-shin giving us proof here that the color theories had been here all along,and that we were right about the colors lol.Purple pager-belongs to SW,which is bora,and Red to Bora,vice versa.There's no way that DR could have sent any text to TK,as he was with JH all that time,and they had to collect the tickets,and got into the theater to watch forrest gump.We did not even see any change in DR's face after seeing DS's date with another girl.He was not TK's confidante there.Lol,he does not even remember by this time I guess that TK used to like DS,there was never any mention from either sun woo/DR's side about TK's feelings after the time jump occurred.

• Like 11