Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

On May 28, 2016 at 6:59 AM, CamelKnight said:

I would've said MUWHAHAHAHA but I guess this is the "evil" female kind? ;) 

No. Mwahahaha is your everyday, garden-variety evil laughter. It's gender-neutral.

Pwahahaha is a notch higher. It's evil laughter with spit involved. You're salivating or drooling because you're so relishing the moment. 

Like this: spit (pwa) + guffaw (hahaha). :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, packmule3 said:

No. Mwahahaha is your everyday, garden-variety evil laughter. It's gender-neutral.

Pwahahaha is a notch higher. It's evil laughter with spit involved. You're salivating or drooling because you're so relishing the moment. 

Like this: spit (pwa) + guffaw (hahaha). :)

You're weird. I love it! :D 

• Like 3

@MemyselfandJJ

Sorry this took long but here’s my reply…Reply 2016. lol.

Yes, there’s a difference in Photo 1 (for expediency, I’ll call this “film” or “reel” footage) and Photo 2 (and I’ll call this “videocam” or “real” footage).  And I can think of three possible reasons for this. The first one is the one given by @camelknight earlier. It could be that the pair of black shoes was there but because of the camera angle, it wasn't  visible. 

Spoiler

Photo 1

h3KGJrd.png

Photo 2

Tp33UL0.png

The second reason is human error. Let me explain. The “film” scene and the “videocam” scene were obviously shot at different times.  Most likely, the actors shot the whole celebration scene in six parts (at least six, with multiple takes). For Part 1, the director only needed parents to be on the set to film their gathering; no need for all other castmembers to mill around. Part 2 would entail the gang individually greeting their parents before running off to JH’s room. Part 3 included the parents talking while DS could be seen in the background pottering around in the kitchen. Part 4 would have DS and JJ together with the parents in the foreground. Part 5 would be the shot of the gang in the bedroom; the other cast needed not be present on the set. And Part 6 would just be DS and JJ for the “videocam” scene.  

The director could tape Part 6 or the videocam scene on an entirely different schedule because it only involved 2 actors present on the set. The other castmembers could be rehearsing or filming elsewhere. 

Now, the set director could have tried to reproduce the same exact lay-out of the props for Part 4 and Part 6. But the viewers could see that things weren’t 100% the same.  It wasn’t just the pair of black shoes that were “misplaced.”  If you study the film footage and the videocam footage, the positioning of the white schoolbag, as well as orange juice vis-à-vis the plastic bags, was also different in both photos 1 and 2. Even if we were to take into account the different camera angles, these props were simply not in the set up the same. And most viewers would attribute this difference to human error. 

Now, did the discrepancy in the props’ locations bug ME, personally? No. On the contrary, I felt it gave Reply 1988 that hazy “memoir” kind of ambiance, and it was consistent with what we know of Deoksun as an “unreliable” narrator.  The kdrama Reply 1988 was a recreation of her memory of her youth, and this particular episode of her life was a bit spotty.  That is what I would consider artistic license. That’s my third reason. :D 

What Deoksun, the narrator of the story, remembered of that year 1988 was slightly different from what actually occurred.  The things displayed on the “reel” footage weren't going to be a 100% accurate and similar to the “videotape” footage because the “reel” ONLY represented HER recollection of the event and her MEMORY was faulty. She admitted as much in the previous episode when she explained about the carbon monoxide poisoning. Sure enough, she DID MAKE a mistake placing the chocolate in SW’s personal belongings. IN HER MIND, she had INTENDED to give the chocolate to TK. She was certain she’d placed it in a jacket which she mistakenly thought belonged to TK.  She messed up. 

(BTW, this explains the title of the episode, “One Thing You’re Mistaken About Me.”  It connects to Episode 6, when the Adult TK told DS that there was nothing about her that he didn’t know. Well….there was ONE thing that he was wrong about her. He didn’t know the truth about the chocolate. She gave it to him; he just never received it because it was intercepted by JB who tampered with videotape evidence. Lol.)

For me, then, although Photos 1 and 2 may be different, they cannot be compared to each other.  It’s like comparing apples and oranges. They are supposed to be different because the videotape footage is meant to be a Eureka moment and tell us what actually transpired. [And that’s why the splicing of the videotape was also critical evidence. Lol.]   

Come to think of it, there was another moment like this in show – when there was a difference between the “reel” footage and the flashback. Remember the beach ball scene in Episode 10? In the “reel” footage, we were ONLY shown DS looking confused after TK got hit by the ball.  However, in TK’s flashback, we were shown that she had smiled at TK’s protective stance.  That discrepancy right there was also deliberate, and I allowed the director “creative license” to do so. For me, it was okay that the details of the same events were different because they enhanced the “Aha! So that’s what happened that day!” discovery.   

At any rate, if we want to further obsess about the props, there were more differences on the videotape footage itself – to show that somebody else was there after DS had returned to the JH’s room. Look at the two screenshots, before and after JB had tampered with the videocam. This was also discussed behind-the-scene. Shoutout to @moonkeeper

reply%201988%20chocolate%20steal_zps2yqp

Look at the second picture.  The bag and the jacket weren’t in the original position. And the white shoes were disturbed. Somebody was rifling through the bag and jacket and that person accidentally moved the white shoes. :D 

Hope this helps. 

Ref:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Episode 8 rewatch reminder! Friday June 3rd, at 10pm KST!

Calling @packmule3 @cooleet @tiendoank @hyuki4ever @babyviolets @Grace1003 @deeand and everyone else who wants to join us!

my hubby is back in town, a bit difficult if he still awake, but I will give him a lullaby so I hope he will get sleep early. and I will joining maybe a bit late.

• Like 3

Impressive article about PBG translated by @saturn. Reposting from PBG's thread

New news article (My rough translation)
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201606021151209110

But Park Bogum takes the subway like he used to do. After 'Rely 1988', he signed contracts of many CFs, so his financial situation must be much better. And he became so famous, many people will recognize him, may suffer annoying things at open place, so manager or guard will protect him? No. He goes around well by himself by public transportation. A luxurious van or a foreign car has nothing to do with Bogum.

His management company is worried. What if fans gather and occur any safety accident? So the company asks him carefully, "Bogum, can you please not take the subway any more?", his reply is always the same. "Why~ it's the fastest and most accurate. To meet the appointment time, subway is the best choice. With just 1300 won(1USD), I can go anywhere in Seoul!"

One of his manager Mr. A said that a few days ago, they finished work at Yeoido in the evening and had to separate there. It's commuting time, many office workers flushed out to go home. Mr. A was worried just by imagining Bogum taking subway by himself. "Bogum, I will call a taxi for you. Go home by taxi." As soon as he said this words, Bogum waved his hands. So Mr. A ran out to the street to take a taxi.He thought he would force Bogum to get in the taxi. While calling the taxi on the street, he turned around, Bogum was already running into the subway station entry. Mr. A couldn't help laughing looking at his back.

This subway story is just a tip of the iceberg. The fact that Park Bogum is a special celebrity is proven everywhere. He hates making his company workers or personal staffs suffer due to himself, so he does his best to manage his own things and even help others'. Mr. A said that he sees often that when Bogum comes to the company office, in the twinkle of an eye, he cleans the conference table and washes the cups.

• Like 6

Episode 8 re-watch has been shifted to Saturday June 4th, at 10pm KST.

Apologies guys! The mistake in the post was my own! :sweatingbullets:I forgot we were going to shift it to Saturday this week! You're welcome to post earlier or later if you can't make the actual re-watch time. :D

미안해요! [mianhaeyo!]

@packmule3, @CamelKnight, @Grace1003, @cooleet, @deeand, @tiendoank, @dahae2006, @moonkeeper, @hafunohane, @hyuki4ever

I'll be there... Episode 8... I'll be saving it on my phone now as a type this... hehehehehehe... I missed rewatching...

By the way, just out of curiousity... Anyone here knows if there are new fanfics of Suntaek? EHHHEEEMMMM... hehehehe... this also means I hope some of our resident very talented writers will write one or two or three or four... stories... hehehehe...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, salz said:

I hope Bogum and Hyeri gonna sit beside each other in tonight Baeksang or at least present something on stage together or give us some selca together please

your wish come true. eventhough a bit sad for both of them not win the award. they look good together . so lovely .thank you @melissala

• Like 2