Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I am under the impression that by ep16 DS already back in normal mode with JH already. Same as how she seemed to have given up after she found out Sunwoo wasn't interested. 

As she was moving past the guys on the stairs, she was muttering under her breath ( according to chinese subs ) " Nothing is going smoothly...nothing is going smoothly" ...probably means her studies, and now her new secret crush for Taekie? hahahah one can hope right... She was so understanding that he can't make it, but can't hide her disappointment... 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Meliere said:

PLEASE ... CAN SOMEONE KINDLY COMPILE A SUNTAEK PLAYLIST?? LIKE WITH ALL THE AWESOME MUSIC FEATURED DURING THEIR SCENES? 

*CRY* I need something to tide me over the next 2 weeks. 

--

EDIT:

OKAY CHINGUS, I started a playlist. It's public and in collaborator mode, so anyone can add to it. Please contribute to it y'all: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLShRRgIDaAJ6WGfsBIe1M2Pz0Ls-6m9Ak&jct=6WdQPXpQ3vxG-Rk-AwzG37Jzzhqn0A

I am attempting right now to find all the songs!!!!

do you want to do it by episodes so that we dont overlap??

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

I am attempting right now to find all the songs!!!!

do you want to do it by episodes so that we dont overlap??

Hmm .. how should we go about this? I kinda went on BERSERK mode and just slapped on all the songs I can find at a moment's notice. It's REALLY disorganized. *sweat sweat sweat*

Going about it episode by episode would be the most logical / organized way about it ... 

Anyone else want to join us for the playlist endeavor? 

Maybe we can break things down by episodes, and "assign" people to find the music for certain episode blocks. 

• Like 4

@mangachickava

Actually, let's post our findings for each episode on this thread first.

when we have ALL the episodes covered, let's redo the playlist so it'll play all the music chronologically. 

If you're covering episode 1, I'm gonna start on episode 2. 

(HAHAHA good excuse to rewatch all the DS-TK scenes). 

--

EDIT:

Actually, I don't know if there are many DS-TK scenes in episode 1. @mangachickava, why don't you do episodes 1-2.

I'll take episodes 3-4.

• Like 5

huuufh yesterdays episode was made me feel sorry & sad for Taek ㅜㅜ poor baby, he cried (again). Even though Bogum's crying scenes are masterpiece but......... ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

BUT even though last night, Bogum in Reply88 made me sad but in real life he made me smile widely & proud because of him winning an award at KBS Ent' Awards, at least it was a pain killer for me because of the sadness that I got from Reply88' ep16.

and btw did I'm wrong if I asked the translation of Park Bo Gum's acceptance speech ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDxgrN7Pzzkin ) in this forum ??? I'm so SORRY for that but I'm really curious about what did he said, since some knetz said that his award speech is so nice.....once again I'm Sorry but Thank U before :)

• Like 4

friends, people have been talking about "progress" and stuff...but what do you think about this theory?

*DS real first crush is JH (the person she writes about in her diary) *surprise! surprise! it's JH all along*

*a "reveal" of DS giving chocolate to JH (on his bag)

wouldn't it feel too forced? remember the postcard she was trying to send on Lee Moon Sae's radio show, her emotions about SW (about first love) plus the way she acted around SW..then what, at the end, the writer will just show us that before SW..DS liked JH first?

friends, pls enlighten me on this one!! :D:D:D Are we just getting a reasonable. natural. sincere. development for DS & TK only to have it destroyed in the end? 

• Like 3

Actually the real action for Taek and DS only starts near end of ep6...when the Sunwoo arc finishes and just as JH breathes a sigh of relief, in swoops the actual contender hahahaha The phonecall he makes to her while she is still sobbing over the end of her first crush...well timed dude.... LOL 

• Like 8

I HAVE CHOSEN! This was so hard aksdjkfladsjaflds cries

1. FIRST SNOW

Spoiler

This scene started it all for me. I was Team JH for six episodes. Even though I knew that DC Gallers were predicting that TK would be JH's real contender in the love triangle and TK was super cute in every single scene that he was in, I was falling for the tsundere as I always did. But you have no idea how many times I rewatched this scene. It was killing me that I was Team JH, but I could not stop thinking about Taek. This was the beginning. I was on Taektanic before I even realized it. The draw was natural, and it was real. Plus the narration that leads into this scene! "[...] if you're suffering from love-related pains, don't be too sad. Another person may be in love with you right now. And they may just confess to you that they've liked you for a long time even though you were totally unaware." It's revealed that he's been in love with her for a long time, and before this, we catch him noticing the first snow because he remembered that she told SW to confess on the first snow. This falls short of a confession, but it's there: the nerves as he fixes his sentence, the motive of the outing and his feelings.

2. I'M CHEATING BUT CHINA.

Spoiler

Specifically these parts but honorable mention to super hot TK's cold shoulder to the press (with epic music) and DS's awe at it all.

Park Boram's Hyehwadong is my favorite OST (along with Noel's Together), so just the OST itself in the first scene had me feeling every feeling I could possibly feel. I sent the first clip to my best friend (who isn't into K-dramas), and she was like, "Omg that was actually so cute. I might cry. Forget your TK, I think I'm obsessed with DS," and it's really true because this highlights who DS is as a person through TK. They're both just adorable individuals. I could easily simply love them on their own, but I choose to love them together. (':

And the photo part! Note that it's shot to focus on their expressions. We learn that DS is comfortable enough to wear TK's clothes, and TK reassuring her that she looks pretty is such a smooooooth moment. STawp.

3. THIS SCENE DOESN'T NEED WORDS

Spoiler

It doesn't. I had to eliminate beach date for this. This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone's dates. Sorry not sorry.

Honorable mention since DS isn't actually in the scene: THE REASON TK LIKES DS

Spoiler

Taek bb let me hug you.

That was way too hard already. I don't even know were to start for things that I want to see. I'm hoping Shin-PD will give us just enough to be satisfied... But speaking in terms of what's going to happen next here, you guys already know that I'm really excited to see 1994 Taek hahahahahahaha :D I'm just excited to see how much he's grown off screen. It'd be great character-building for him to physically separate from Ssangmundong because what we see of him there is his neighbors adoring and babying him. He has a life outside of Ssangmundong, but he always comes back home to it. The neighbors can't gang up and baby him once he's outside of the block. They'll have to realize that he's way more than they've grown accustomed to seeing him as since he was young.

*starts fantasizing what TK's method of proposal would be ... to whomever he marries but just in case I'll imagine DS in the place of the lucky lady*

• Like 16

Ah my fav scenes. Honestly i cant choose because i love all scenes involving Taek. Taek scenes always tend to make me feel all sorts of emotions. I laugh whenever an unexpected layer of him is revealed. I smile during scenes of him being the sweetest boy ever. And i cry during his heartwarming scenes. I pretty much just cry along whenever he cries. Haha. 

Honestly those people who are watching this drama just for the 'main otp', being annoyed at the stagnant loveline and are borderline obsessive about wanting the 'main otp' to kiss already are simply crazy. *insert Taek's 'michin saekki' gif*

It only shows that they are only watching the drama for superficial reasons. Because seriously, this drama is soooo much more than that. Its a family drama NOT a rom com. So to me, these people are underestimating the quality this drama brings and that is such a pity that they are refusing to see and accept the full picture and are being selectively focused on an aspect of the drama which isnt even the main focus in the first place.

About the stagnant loveline, you know sometimes that is just how real life is. There are many instances in real life where love doesn't come as fast as lightning and time is needed for feelings to grow. But the most important part is Deoksun! What are her feelings right now? We don't even know yet. She hasn't really specifically fell in love with someone yet while we already know for sure that the boys are in love with her.  Some may say that she is already in love with Junghwan. NO. She is far from being in love with anyone right now. Those positive feelings she felt for Junghwan? It just stemmed from her liking the idea that he likes her as a woman. Her feelings for Junghwan is just a crush. Pretty much on the surface and not deep enough for her to actually feel extremely heartbroken over him ignoring her in comparison with the boys feelings for her which are deep enough for them to actually feel heartbroken over the thought that they are not meant to be. Taek even shed tears over it. Now that, my friend, is what I call actual love. 

So yes, those who are wanting the loveline to hurry up and are annoyed at the boys' noble idiocy are actually belittling Deoksun in a sense that they want her to hurry and fall in love with someone. Excuse me, there is more to life than just falling in love. The girl is only 19 and still has a long way to go. Im speaking as a 23 year old who have yet to fall in love and its so offensive if someone were to force me to hurry up and fall in love. Lol. Because I know I'm still young and finding for love at this young age isn't really that important right now. Deoksun is even younger than me so honestly at this point of her life love shouldn't be her main priority. So people need to stop hurrying her because its obvious she won't choose anyone in 1989 since she is not even really in love with anyone. I think the moment where she would actually fall in love with someone starts after the time jump. And this time it would be a concrete love where she would actually be able to shed genuine tears over it.

As for the boys, its inevitable. Of course they would have to back down. They have a strong foundation built on a friendship that has been going on for most of their lives. It would be really hard to ignore that. Yes it would be nice if someone were to confess so Deoksun would get an idea but nah i prefer Deoksun to figure it all out on her own without any influences and for her development with whoever she chooses to like to grow as naturally as possible even without the need of a confession. I think that would be the most beautiful relationship progression where they would just like each other and there is no need for a verbal confirmation to start off the relationship. In that case we can can definitely know that Deoksun is falling for someone on her own this time and that is the most important thing for me.

And Taek, in comparison with Junghwan, isn't really pushing Deoksun away but just rather halting his advances towards her. I think it's really sad on his part that he isn't even able to make a start for Deoksun to get an idea about his advances. Poor Taekie.

I don't know which is worse. Literally ignoring and pushing the person you love away even when it hurts to do so or pretending to be like your normal self but is secretly hurting inside for not being able to do more for the person you love. Ahh these boys.

Even if Taek isn't the husband, I just want happiness for him. Him being happy for others happiness is just so sweet of him but I'm hoping for him to finally be happy for himself this time. Please writer-nim.

Edit: I am actually thinking of possibilities of what went through Taek's mind when he saw the photo in Junghwan's wallet. For Taek, it definitely plays a part in the confirmation of Junghwan's feelings for Deoksun. However, I was thinking what if he is also misunderstanding the situation. Much like how Junghwan misunderstood Sunwoo and Deoksun having mutual feelings for each other? It is definitely a possibility that he mistook Junghwan and Deoksun already having mutual feelings for each other and are 'secretly dating'? Because if I were in Taek's shoes I would probably think that way. 

• Like 11

I just finally watched ep 16.... And Taek-ah,, gwaenchana gwaenchana.... I know you'll do something to make us proud....

I know you'll sacrifice yourself than hurting the people you care about... Just... really proud of you... 

And instead of eating those drugs (is it painkiller?), let us hugs you... We will stand in line and hugs you instead, you can cry, gwaenchana.... gwaenchana.... :bawling:  

I'm only watching it, and My heart feels soooo in pain, I dunno how hurt Taekie's heart will be :bawling:

So... both guys know each other feelings toward DS now, and that each other aware that their rival knows their feelings,, so it's fair now... fair play.... good... DS is the one who'll decide now... good....

12 hours ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

I really hope so @lyn09:) I don't want anything to feel "rushed". I enjoy the pace so far, partly because the team reveals TK-DS arc slowly and I love how other characters are explored to a great extent. Of course, when the writer/PD wants to focus on many characters, the love line will be less of the focus. The team may want to keep the drama short and sweet with 20 episodes, but I'm so sure that we, as viewers, will feel cramped and rushed like adrenaline crash :)) If the pace is like this and the number of episodes is still 20, the ending will be as open as ever hahaha

Yeah me too... I enjoy the this pace... bcoz, I want DS to slowly thinking abt her own feeling, I dont want anything to be rush... And I think most of Taek-DS shipper doesnt really mind this snail pace, no!? Coz what I read from other thread, they are who really want fast pace in this triangle, want Taekie to confess soon, so DS reject him, and DS realized she likes JH, and they can kiss soon, kiss kiss kiss,, its like they really want them to kiss, very deep kiss, hotter than SW-BR....

Well, we also want DS Taek to kiss too, but I want it to happen when they really like each other, when DS really know, finally realize she likes Taek,, That way the kiss will be more meaningful, not just kiss.... (I dunno what I'm talking about) 

12 hours ago, sartikam said:

By the way: i think we miss some scene. I think the director dont show us:

1. When ds and jh watching concert, we only saw after concert

2. Ds deliver jh wallet, we only hear ds voice.

and why i feel anxious about this one? I hope there is no scene about this.

after we got confirmation ds feeling about taeki. 

Yeah.... we miss that scene... the one that JH DS shipper has been waiting and really excited about, the concert scene... I am anticipated too actually, when they go to concert (and they took picture) one, and Lee Moon Sae's concert, I wonder what happened in the concert, is there really no precious moment of them to share!? (so the PD just show them after concert!? I mean they show Taek DS movie date, eventho Taek fallin asleep) or there is moment, but they're going to show it in flashback, if JH is the end game later....

Ahh.... Someone said it, I forgot who, sorry,, and actually that one I've been thinking about too... Its Taek DS beautiful beach scene... the titlle of that eps is Memory (and the BGM is a sad song, rite!?)... I'm afraid that its Taek's... Taek's memory abt DS... if its really Taek's then, that' s mean... they're not gonna be together in the end.... Or ?? what?! 

Huhh.... I'm still crying... I dunno how can I handle it, if Taek isnt really the one... I..... :bawling:

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, lady65432 said:

friends, people have been talking about "progress" and stuff...but what do you think about this theory?

*DS real first crush is JH (the person she writes about in her diary) *surprise! surprise! it's JH all along*

wouldn't it feel too forced? remember the postcard she was trying to send on Lee Moon Sae's radio show, her emotions about SW (about first love) plus the way she acted around SW..then what, at the end, the writer will just show us that before SW..DS liked JH first?

friends, pls enlighten me on this one!! :D:D:D Are we just getting a reasonable. natural. sincere. development for DS & TK only to have it destroyed in the end? 

@lady65432 there is no such fear...in her letter to the DJ, the initials for the first crush is SW. And the theory/joke is nobody got the chocolate in the end because jinjoo ate it..She was shown to have slipped it into Sunwoo's bag... I read that somewhere...was it in dramabeans recap...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lady65432 said:

Nahhhh...I don't think there's a progress of JH/DS.it's indeed too forced..it doesn't make sense..Why they will show how deep ,how strong the connection of DS and TK even though there's no confession,affirmation happened between them ,you can see the genuine love...love without any label yet..But it's for sure "Unconditional Love"

It will be more make sense if they will reveal that DS crush is Taek.. Coz I remembered that when her friends asking for Taek, she said its frustating becoz he does not talk much...so my first theory is, DS first childhood crush is Taek... Remember the fish candy, piggyback? It just she get used to be with him,and go along as time pass by,he get to know Taek and she knows Taek and Baduk,so she doesn't bother to pay attention about  having crush with Taek..but she always treat Taek special...you can't deny how much he care when it comes to Taek..^^

and the brightest smile they create when they are together...^^ 

• Like 8

From the DB ep. 16 recap:

The next morning, Deok-sun and Dong-ryong are both late for school and catch the bus together. He asks what she’s doing tomorrow and when she mentions maybe meeting up with Taek, he says cryptically that Taek has to win today. Deok-sun scowls and says that Taek doesn’t always have to win.

Dong-ryong tells her that Taek isn’t good at baduk because he’s smart—it’s because of his competitive streak. He says that there are two guys like this on their street, and Deok-sun readily names Jung-bong as the other. Dong-ryong says that one time Jung-bong was obsessed with Galaga and finally got to be the top scorer, but when he came back the next morning, someone had already beaten him and taken over first place. Jung-bong staked out the arcade until he discovered that it was Taek.

Dong-ryong says it was the day of a baduk match too, and Deok-sun calls him a crazy bastard. Dong-ryong agrees: “He’d rather die than be second place.” He declares that Taek will definitely win today, because now he has a goal.

DAMN IT CHOI TAEK. BLESS YOUR SOUL. :heart::bawling:

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, moonkeeper said:

Nahhhh...I don't think there's a progress of JH/DS.it'seed too forced..it doesn't make sense..Why they will show how deep ,how strong the connection of DS and TK even though there's no confession,affirmation happened between them ,you can see the genuine love...love without any label yet..But it's for sure "Unconditional Love"

It will be more make sense if they will reveal that DS crush is Taek.. Coz I remembered that when her friends asking for Taek, she said its frustating becoz he does not talk much...so my first theory is, DS first childhood crush is Taek... Remember the fish candy, piggyback? It just she get used to be with him,and go along as time pass by,he get to know Taek and she knows Taek and Baduk,so she doesn't bother to pay attention about  having crush with Taek..but she always treat Taek special...you can't deny how much he care when it comes to Taek..^^

and the brightest smile they create when they are together...^^ 

ahhh it actually would make sense if maybe Taek is her first real crush actually with how she treat him more special than other since beginning but maybe give up the idea he would ever like her since she had the misunderstanding he only like baduk and never interested in girls..just look how possessive she is whenever her friend want to meet Taek she just would not allow them since he is like the untouchable territory that she already mark:P just my hopeful scenario if they ever gonna show the missing DS pov 

and she being the girl who have very low self confidence not getting the love she deserve because of the middle child complex and being part of the unpopular girl team like they said they can only have one sided love but should never confess first mentality but hope she would break that stupid rule and be the one to confess first in order to be with the guy she like whoever it is..

tbh the love is always there between them just see how they interact with each other just that always full of adoration and silent understanding...

• Like 8

I think the next 4 episodes are belongs to Duk Sun.

Teak chose to step back because he wasn't  confidence with his confession. He used to ask SW if DS  believe when he confessed. So, because he think DS doesn't like him as a man, he try to withdraw ticket silently.

How if DS confess firstly? Surly that Teak will agree with her a thousand of thousand times because the one he never want to hurt always is DS. Just cancel one cinema show almost killed him, how can Teak bare that DS cry or get hurt?

We can see Teak is not a kid as we think, he can win at anything he focused, he knows how to utilize relationship for need, and how to treat the team, and even taking care back to DS.

He won't need to be protected as previous, and now is protecting back his dad, his fiends, his uncles and aunts.

And, the stronger he is, the weaker Taeakie is in love with DS.

Roll back to his statement "Without her, I feel like dying." And we can see, someone is dying while waiting his call.

2 weeks will be double length, but we happy with all my the happy moment so far. Teak's room is open, and we should stay with our little DukSun, help her to prepare for her confession,until Teak comes back from China.

Ah, DS still have the valid visa to China till end of 1989 right? Go girl, come to there and bring him back!!!!

• Like 13

Hmmm. My favorite Deoksun~Taek scenes, it's really hard to pick! Why? because their scenes aren't based on sexual tension, heart-stopping awkward moments or bicker-all-you-can situations BUT you see, all of their scenes gave off natural chemistry, comfortability and genuine happiness. Every scene they have speaks of variety and--wide spectrum of emotions.

1) BEACH SCENE - the HAPPINESS is there. You can see it on their faces.

2) HIS HEAD-ON-HER-SHOULDER scene - (this was done 2x already. It's becoming a "reply1988-otp-thing" already, meaning if they try to do it again in the next installment/s we can only remember deoksun & taek.) the emotion present: SADNESS. Their words might be limited, but the emotions they display are always heavy.

3) THE CURSING SCENE - LAUGHTER/JOY. Taek can be funny. If there is something that I admire the most about Seo In Guk (Yoon Jae) & Jung Woo (Sseureki) it was their sense of humor. They're not the perfect leading men, their flaws, imeprfections and little tantrums can make you laugh. Of course you're in a reply series, you have to have that "humor" inside of you. Bogum is doing great when it comes to deadpan humor & not just with deoksun but also with other casts.

4) CHINA FLASHBACK/PICTURE TAKING -  this scene was full of LOVE. It was beautifully set-up, actually that particular episode was full of love. No wonder why they chose to release "All I Can Give You is Love by December" on that week. Of course, Hyehwadong was also played for the flashback scene--this song just stirs up emotion because it was also used on their childhood flashback scene in episode 2.

Those scenes. I wouldn't trade them for typical kdrama "heart-fluttering" scenes. No, just no.

I can't stop loving TK & DS. I think it's because every time they're together onscreen, I can smile, cry, laugh, giggle, get surprised, can discover something new from both of them and it's as if they're helping each other grow---when in fact, we're also growing with them (look at taektanic NOW! the more, the merrier) because we see "development" and "progress". As individuals, we can also see Deoksun learning to prioritize things, care for others & be more mature...same with Taek, he has his Baduk stuff, but every time they are together, the things they learn from the outside world/public sphere reflect on their actions. Deoksun is a girl turning into woman and Taek is a boy turning into a man. Now, show tell me that you didn't intentionally plan this! :D 

• Like 15

Was tempted to go to JH thread and I think they are taking this shipping matter way too far... They even complain that the writer has lost her sense of writing or something like that.. They blame Taek, they blame the writer, they blame SW-BR, they blame everyone~ 

I think they are too focusing on JH without giving any attention to the story itself..

• Like 15

Hello guys! i want to told you all abt my theory haha. sorry if i'm a delusional shipper

http://postimg.org/image/81yk4eok1/

but look into this!! Choi Taek turn out to be the FIRST and the color is YELLOW. since we all think that DS 's colour is yellow, i think that TK is the first on her heart too. And for the number, i saw TK is 92-98-90 and JB is 89-98-80. I'm not that smart to make an analysis for this but, we knew that 1989 is the lucky year for JB. JB met MO, and their first kiss is on 89. I thought that TK and DS will make their first kiss on 92. And for other numbers, i still can't analysis them.

(sorry for my lacks english :"( )

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, bunnyqueens17 said:

I just finally watched ep 16.... And Taek-ah,, gwaenchana gwaenchana.... I know you'll do something to make us proud....

I know you'll sacrifice yourself than hurting the people you care about... Just... really proud of you... 

And instead of eating those drugs (is it painkiller?), let us hugs you... We will stand in line and hugs you instead, you can cry, gwaenchana.... gwaenchana.... :bawling:  

I'm only watching it, and My heart feels soooo in pain, I dunno how hurt Taekie's heart will be :bawling:

So... both guys know each other feelings toward DS now, and that each other aware that their rival knows their feelings,, so it's fair now... fair play.... good... DS is the one who'll decide now... good....

Yeah me too... I enjoy the this pace... bcoz, I want DS to slowly thinking abt her own feeling, I dont want anything to be rush... And I think most of Taek-DS shipper doesnt really mind this snail pace, no!? Coz what I read from other thread, they are who really want fast pace in this triangle, want Taekie to confess soon, so DS reject him, and DS realized she likes JH, and they can kiss soon, kiss kiss kiss,, its like they really want them to kiss, very deep kiss, hotter than SW-BR....

Well, we also want DS Taek to kiss too, but I want it to happen when they really like each other, when DS really know, finally realize she likes Taek,, That way the kiss will be more meaningful, not just kiss.... (I dunno what I'm talking about) 

Yeah.... we miss that scene... the one that JH DS shipper has been waiting and really excited about, the concert scene... I am anticipated too actually, when they go to concert (and they took picture) one, and Lee Moon Sae's concert, I wonder what happened in the concert, is there really no precious moment of them to share!? (so the PD just show them after concert!? I mean they show Taek DS movie date, eventho Taek fallin asleep) or there is moment, but they're going to show it in flashback, if JH is the end game later....

Ahh.... Someone said it, I forgot who, sorry,, and actually that one I've been thinking about too... Its Taek DS beautiful beach scene... the titlle of that eps is Memory (and the BGM is a sad song, rite!?)... I'm afraid that its Taek's... Taek's memory abt DS... if its really Taek's then, that' s mean... they're not gonna be together in the end.... Or ?? what?! 

Huhh.... I'm still crying... I dunno how can I handle it, if Taek isnt really the one... I..... :bawling:

I think its telling that DS just voice-overed the entire shot of her returning the wallet, because that was it... from her voice and talking style to JH like - " YA, here is your wallet!!" I think its safe to say she is quite over the 'crush-phase' of liking JH. If she was still habouring any feelings, she would have used this as an excuse to talk more or something... 

• Like 11