Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

@EMM! You're right! Thanks for reminding me/us ;) I was just so sad and did not get why the shippers had to be closed too (even during R1994 times, that did not happen!). Anyway moving on...

Is there a sthg you'd like to see happen in YOF? Like seeing them drive in the desert? Eating sthg weird? swimming (of course, who would not want to see that?! ;) )?

I am looking forward to some sweet bromance moments. I liked how close the R1994 guys were in Laos. But they had been friends for longer. So it'll be interesting to see their dynamics.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, EMM! said:

Due to the R88 related threads closed until the 29th, 

I sincerely wish this Ryu Jun Yeol thread will solely be for Junyeol, about Junyeol, and Junyeol fans only. :)

Let's not make it a shipper thread as to not offend anyone who may or may not have the same opinions about others.

Sounds rude and unfriendly? I think everyone should be reminded that this is Ryu Jun Yeol's thread and not a shipper thread should root us back to what this thread must be about :D 

Not that I'm stopping anyone from posting, but we don't want this thread to be locked down too anytime soon, right

Anyways!!! So many things to look forward for Junyeol this February <3333

I can't wait to hear from him when he comes back from his life changing trip!:D

YESSS!!! I second this! Thanks EM, for saying this. Let's update some gifs from today's Taxi episode. 

RJY is such a good talker. He seems to know how to speak in public really well and make some great jokes that are actually funny (LOL). But, sometimes I cringe at how awkward he can be (LOL again). 

and his singing voice sounds good, doesn't it? I think he's gonna sing at the R88 Concert in March.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Ladywhise said:

Good morning y'all!

I was lurking on youtube for videos of uri oppa JY and found this video from latest sugarman episode, one again uri oppa was mentioned and you can just imagine the reaction from the audience ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnaofbwLJ78

I hope someone could translate for us what they are saying :)

basically yoo hee yeol is talking about how the guy that they show at the beginning has the look that's trending nowadays, you know the masculine more charming face rather than handsome. then he refers to ryu jun yeol as an example. the guy says that he hears from others that he looks like ryu jun yeol before quickly apologizing lol. the other guys reassure him saying that they do share a resemblance, saying he's handsome 

• Like 13

OMG

I'm watching the TAXI episode and there is this part when the woman asked to RJY to act the blind date question scene with her...

they put the right music too to create the atmophere...

the woman is waiting for his answer and RJY say: yes... lol... poor woman

RJY is too funny

• Like 8

Is It wrong of me to say "I'm glad the MT got shut down" i couldn't find any interesting info or insights anyway without tripping on angry comments or feeling someone rubbing the "i told you so!" post on my face 

I like it here... I find my bubble of happiness here ^_^ its just me and JunYeol (and other hundreds of his other fans too). Lets love! 

• Like 19

5 hours ago, EMM! said:

@rameennoodles yups, it meant that Ryu Jun Yeol auditioned for Dongryong, then Taek then ended up casted as Junghwan! He jokingly added that it's only Deoksun's role that he didn't try to audition for (???) haha!

Soompi posted about it: http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/26/ryu-jun-yeol-reveals-which-reply-1988-characters-he-auditioned-for-before-being-cast-as-jung-hwan/

So proud of this ahjussi..he auditioned and got call backs and did the first few readings by HIMSELF. He was still not signed at CJeS.. huhuhu pure talent, seriously! His friends must've been proud when they all gathered to meet the final cast for the first time <3

And yes, they all are bffs (junyeol, jaehong, kyungpyo, donghwi and yoo ram <taek's manager in r88>) even before Reply 1988! <3 Loving their friendship!
Hope they support each others' backs til forever <3

Honestly speaking, i am glad the MT closed temporarily. these people needs a rest and get a life lmao and find their real happiness other than writing a long essay. though i am disappointed that JHDS thread is closed temporarily as well. anyhow, it is good that we can focus in this thred.

anyhow, watching the entertainment weekly and taxi and v-app, i agree that he's a smart talker, quick with words but very carefully choosen what he should say and should not.  he expressed how disappointed he was that he was not the husband but in a witty way with a big smile in his face. my favourite interview so far still ent weekly where he beat the mc lady about the witty encounter. it seems like she lost for words everytime he make his witty comment. especially when "pls retouch her make up, her face was too red "...and when it's his face getting red he snarled back "pls retouch my make up "..that's so cute.

i am craving another update photos of Namibia trip, though i am pretty sure it's going to be difficult. and i just checked the map of Namibia, the goal of this journey is to see Victoria falls. just like Iceland trip where the main goal is to watch aurora, or Peru trip where the goal is machupichu, the victoria falls would be their last journey. and i just found out that victoria falls is in between Zimbabwe and Zambia's border. so they would make a long journey to this border i think...

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, amareally said:

Is It wrong of me to say "I'm glad the MT got shut down" i couldn't find any interesting info or insights anyway without tripping on angry comments or feeling someone rubbing the "i told you so!" post on my face 

I like it here... I find my bubble of happiness here ^_^ its just me and JunYeol (and other hundreds of his other fans too). Lets love! 

no..i am glad too hahaha

• Like 2

Hi guys, this is my first post here. :lol:

I was going to post something on the JH/DS shipping thread, but they're all closed for now because of the JH haters:

(After much consideration, the Soompi Forum Staff will close temporarily the Answer Me 1998 thread including related shipping threads for 72 hours due to following violations:

2. NO DISRUPTIVE OR DISCRIMINATORY CONTENT
Rudeness, hateful messages, member bashing, and trolling are forbidden.)

There was some serious JH bashing going on, and TK/DS shippers were blabbing on about how JH was rude and hateful to DS and how it was obvious from the start that TK was the only one who truly loved and deserved DS, and other idiotic rubbish. One person declared that Taek means "home" in Korean, and I was just like "Get your Korean right! It's Daek (댁), not Taek (택). And even then, Taek would not be DS's home, because Daek means the house of an older person/adult, not your own home." This was literally me as I read the hate posts, :blink::tears::angry: x100. Some people were asking them to stop and be respectful, but they completely ignored them, saying that they never said anything when JH/DS shippers were going crazy over their own ship. Some direct quotes (only read these if you want to):

Spoiler

"What a completely disgusting and ableist comment.  Why do you think people who are unable to do certain things are also unable to kiss or have romantic feelings of love and passion?  If you can't tie your shoes you aren't able to have a love life? Taek and DS looked plenty passionate when they kissed or hugged, or when he held her and carried her.  What "passion" did JH/DS have? From her POV, please tell me what was so passionate about their "love".  Even from his POV it wasn't a passionate love from a romance novel, but love that was long lasting and built from childhood.  The only "passionate" thing was his boner she did not care about.  While she was actually moved and unable to sleep by Taek holding her close... "

"Please. If JH and DS are kissing then that is the twilight zone :lol:. DS kissing JH? Can you just imagine? This is the girl who did not know what he like the best, the girl who slept like a baby after the alley scene, the girl who did not give a richard simmons about his heartfelt confession, the girl who only noticed him after her friends told her he likes her, & this is the girl that made no moves whatsoever to try to resolve their misunderstanding. DS kissing JH is a laughable concept."

"Yeah .. my Taek kinda slow … but when it come to the matter of the heart .. he is fast … wahahaha… and one thing set him apart from JH .. He truly love DS

He stepped back and gave way to JH, but JH never seize the opportunity … He knew DS like him … but I guess his love for Taek is more … compare to his love for DS …

When Taek went to the camp to see JH– He was confirming – “Do you want DS or not?”

JH answer was NO …

So yeah … fair and square .. you don’t want the girl (to hell with the reasons) …"

"Adult DS said it herself in a voiceover in episode 5. “True love doesn’t allow one to be concerned over one’s pride and causes one to cast it [pride] aside”. If JH had truly loved DS, he would have gotten past his pride to prove it to her. Instead he hesitated and lost his chance.

(Side Note: Whether or not JH actually had a chance with DS is a whole other can of worms)"

"Give her the whole world and more? LOL.

The boy wouldn't even hand over his jacket to the freezing girl who practically begged for it. So much for passion and love."

" The scene where she's in the hanbok and he's rude to her, but then looks at her behind the curtain isn't love.  It's showing that he hurts her to hide his own insecurities and just can't be honest with her. "

"Who would you choose?

Someone that was always mean to you but sometime he acted like he cares. He gave you his umbrella the other day when it rained but the next day when you were freezing to death he didn’t offer you his jacket at all. He never think you are pretty, in fact he told you, you are ugly and always imply that you are stupid (made you feel stupid), Oh yeah … and he chose his friend over you?"

(Those all came from one page on the main thread.)

Anyway, on the brighter side, here's what I originally came to repost:

I'm still stuck in a  Reply '88 state of mind. ㅠㅠ. I find that the best remedy of getting over a drama is buying a gallon of ice cream and going on a dramathon. I prescribe mint chocolate chip, raspberry, mango, cookies and cream, and peanut butter chocolate ice cream to y'all, double fudge chocolate with added M&Ms if you're really desperate :P. Research also shows that watching amazing gifs and pictures of your ship, as well as life updates of its members can bring your mood up considerably. For example:

tumblr_o0nypjRwam1uiqzaro1_r2_400.gif  

'Nuff said.

(@einYoshiChan, I LOVE THIS GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

tumblr_o136qdfDfc1trbc0ro1_1280.jpg

We think alike!!!

tumblr_o1guitPQvX1tehw66o1_1280.jpg

Caption: my forever favourite (fictional) family ♥️

(Mine too XD)

dramajib:  dramajib:  Friendship goals: synchronized rage, synchronized snuggles, synchronized naps   Bonus: synchronized shrugs

Caption:  Friendship goals: synchronized rage, synchronized snuggles, synchronized naps

Bonus: synchronized shrugs

tumblr_inline_o13qovrfhm1twmrsn_540.gif

12540719_109530132762549_870897627935127

Lol, this is what should have happened!!!!!

• Like 16