Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

subbed by Eyes On Ryu

[TvCast] The King 1st  Trailer
http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1276069 CykGbQPUAAALjSA.jpg
1.    (+1025/-8) The ritual part ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2.    (+898/-8) “If there’s someone in Korea who is stronger than us, tell them to show up!!!”
3.    (+881/-20) Wow It was sick. Jo Insung, Jung Woosung, Ryu Junyeol (shivers…)
4.    (+866/-6) Wow ㅋㅋㅋㅋThe ritual at the last scene ㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋIt’s richard simmons funny
5.    (+713/-6) JoJungBaeRyu are good. I like them!
6.    (+707/-5) The ritual that is showed at the end ㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋI am looking forward for the Madam (shaman), it feels just right with the current state of affairs
7.    (+631/-5) Wow The King is totally I am waiting for ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
8.    (+578/-3) Wow The King !!!!!!! January 18th  ㅜㅠㅠㅠ ㅜㅜㅜI am looking forward to itㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[Osen] Jo Insung x Jung Woosung x Ryu Junyeol’s ‘The King’ Is Confirmed To Be Released On January 2017 
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003440747 CyjvkyvUsAAiBZi.jpg
1.    (+557/-6) I am really waiting so much for this~
2.    (+492/-7) Wow I am looking forward for The King ㅋㅋㅋ January should come faster
3.    (+456/-7) They’re really cool~~~~
4.    (+445/-8) Finally it’s released for real!!! I am totally looking forward to it!!!
5.    (+430/-8) Heol The King finally ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’ve been waiting for this. I want to watch it soon
6.    (+172/3) Ryu Junyeol !!!!!!! Choi Dooil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
7.    (+145/-1) U ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I’ll come to see you Doo il ㅠㅠㅠ
8.    (+140/-0) Heol The King finally ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9.    (+137/-0) I am looking forward for 4 men with 4 different colors in The King. Please become a Jackpot
10.    (+133/-1) I am waiting so much for The King. All my favourite actors are in it make me looking forward even more. I wish January will come sooner.

[StarNews]  Jo Insung & Jung Woosung’s Movie ‘The King Is Confirmed To Be Released Next Year On January
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002574168
1.    (+1765/-119) Jung Woosung, Jo Insung, Ryu Junyeol (shivers…)
2.    (+1423/-56) Wow… Jung Woosung x Jo Insung (shivers…)
3.    (+1164/-23) It will be pleasant for for eyes ㅋㅋㅋ
4.    (+1468/-195) Ryu Junyeol’s image is nice
5.    (+818/-31)Wow Bae Sungwoo indeed ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋA must see
6.    (+479/-19) The King with Jo Insung, Jung Woosung, Bae Sungwoo, Ryu Junyeol, and Director Han Jaerim (shivers…)
7.    (+432/-12) Crazy… What kind of combination is this? It’s richard simmons good… Crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
8.    (+479/-34) Even with Jo Insung and Jung Woosung is already jackpot ㅋㅋNow it’s also Ryu Junyeol
9.    (+405/-10) It’s crazy (shivers…) A movie you must see
10.    (+404/-29) The King, Let’s be success! Doo-il, I am waiting for you!

“The King” Sets Record For Most-Viewed Korean Movie Trailer

The-King-Jung-Woo-Sung-Jo-In-Sung-Bae-Su

The first trailer for Jo In Sung and Jung Woo Sung‘s upcoming movie “The King” has broken the record for most views for a Korean movie trailer.

Since its release on December 1, the video has amassed 7.17 million views in seven days. The movie’s distributor NEW announced that this is the most views a trailer for a Korean movie has ever gotten.

The video became a hot topic because it seems to mirror the current political climate in Korea with scenes depicting power-hungry prosecutors and visits to a shaman. The movie is currently the most-anticipated movie on Naver, with the trailer ranked as the most-watched movie clip on the portal site.

“The King” is a political action-thriller that follows two prosecutors on a quest to wield absolute power through manipulation and deceit. The movie will be helmed by Director Han Jae Rim, and will star Jo In Sung, Jung Woo Sung, Ryu Jun Yeol, and Kim Ah Joong.

It will be interesting to see if the trailer’s popularity will translate into big box office numbers when the movie is released in January.

source: https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/08/king-sets-record-viewed-korean-movie-trailer/

The King's Main Trailer (subbed by Eyes On Ryu)

• Like 5

[10 Asia] Ryu Junyeol’s Boyish Charisma
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000224983 Czf7Y0kUsAAXASx.jpg
1.    (+233/-9) ㅋㅋㅋCute ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠGod Junyeol ㅠㅠㅠ
2.    (+218/-9) Aa.. Ryu Junyeol is so cool, really the smartest dresser ever. I want to scream ‘Ryu Junyeol’ out of the window. Ryu Junyeol!!!!!!!! Ryu Junyeol!!!!!!!!!! Wuaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!!!!!!!
3.    (+206/-6) Ah ㅜㅜㅜHe’s seriously so pretty ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ
4.    (+200/-6) His costume is scarily pretty…

[Tv Daily] Ryu Junyeol – EXO Suho – Kang Haneul Show Their Heartwarming Loyalty By Coming To Support Byun Yohan
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=440&aid=0000015642 CzgOw5AUAAAZ4T-.jpg
1.    (+169/-2) It’s heartwarming how they come to cheer for a friend, even their appearances in coat too are heartwarming!! Ryu Junyeol is cool!!
2.    (+161/-1) Wow!!! Ryu Junyeol is cool~
3.    (+150/-1) Heartwarming~~~ Ryu Junyeol is damn cool ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
4.    (+143/-1) I am rooting for their friendship!! Ryu Junyeol is also cool~
5.    (+128/-0) Loyalty Men ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋI hope all the actors, also (movie) ‘Will You Be There’ are doing well!

[HeraldPop] Jungpal’s Strong Presence in Ryu Junyeol
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002874530 CzhF5jRVIAAOjIJ.jpg
1.    (+859/-43) His coat, hair, scarf ㅜㅜㅜㅜthey’re really pretty ㅠㅠㅠ
2.    (+748/-35) His clothes is neat and nicely put on… He seems more handsome
3.    (+625/-34) Heol … His coat and scarf are totally matched well!!!!
4.    (+525/-34) He’s Ryu Junyeol ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
5.    (+503/-33) Today He also looks cool
6.    (+202/-10) Ah.. His fashion seriously Wow. Even if it’s cute, still looks cool and neat.
7.    (+187/-9) Heol… Ryu Junyeol in coat
8.    (+173/-7) As expected Ryu Junyeol’s style is good ㅠㅠ
9.    (+174/-8) He’s cute ㅠㅠㅠㅠHis scarf is cute too ㅠㅠㅠ
10.    (+170/-8) Wow Ryu Junyeol ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ seriously he seems to be increasingly fashionable!

[HeraldPop] “Best Friends Against Each Other In Screens”  Byun Yohan vs Ryu Junyeol vs Lee Donghwi…. Will They Still Smile Together?
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002874809 CzlqdspVEAAcKYh.jpg
1.    (+154/-2) Actor Ryu Junyeol, I am waiting for The King! ♥
2.    (+143/-1) Best friends who trust and support each other. I wish the three actors are on a roll~^^
3.    (+125/-1) I support all of them
4.    (+130/-3) Heol awesome…. I have to see The King. Even only by seeing the still, I am looking forward ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
5.    (+110/-1) Good Luck for everyone! I cheer for you!

• Like 4

[Dispatch] These Two Men Are Too Dangerous… Jo Insung and Ryu Junyeol’s Flaming Charisma
http://entertain.naver.com/photo/read?oid=433&aid=0000022740&cid=849489

CzCLQZxUcAAILRB.jpg

CzCLPomUQAAadBR.jpg
1.    (+568/-16) This still cut makes me feel curious about the movie!! Look at the tattoo on Ryu Junyeol’s Arm!
2.    (+472/-8) ~~ The King will be released on January 18th, 2016~~
3.    (+480/-18) Mr. Junyeol, I’ll definitely go to watch you~~
4.    (+478/-24) Heol…. Ryu.. Why he’s filled with handsomeness like this ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
5.    (+424/-12) Woah.. Heol.. When will the movie come???? Very curious
6.    (+240/-7) Awesome, Ryu Junyeol. I will definitely go to watch. Ryu Junyeol is on a roll
7.    (+222/-4) Both are awesome actors… Exploding with charisma. I’ll always remember the time it’s released
8.    (+213/-4) I am surely waiting forward! The King will be popular for real!
9.    (+210/-4) Wow… These two actors act together! I am looking forward for the movie
10.    (+201/-4) Both of them are richard simmons cool ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

• Like 5

Whoa, @luffypyon always makes a grand "come back" to the thread after a long absence LOL. Thanks for every little updates and translations!

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS~ May 2017 bring us more love and joy, be it here on our thread or in real life :wub:

January is finally here and that means we're going to see Choi Doo-il very soon. Here's to The King's success!

Btw I always adore Junyeol & Lee Chungah interaction in real life. Like, they're so supportive to each other. Friendship between actors in real life always warms my heart. I think I saw a reply from Junyeol to Chungah's IG post after he won an award on MBC. Does anybody here know what exactly he said?  

• Like 3

@miss_buttercup You're welcome ^^. So many stuffs to update in this page. I heard The King will be released in CGV USA too. I hope it will also be released in my country too.

After RJY won Best rookie actor in MBC Awards, Lee Chungah posted about it in instagram

C0_HXzZUsAAJIyN.jpg
C0_HYy-VQAAbial.jpg

Rough translate:

Leechungah: Euhing!! Our Suho is the rookie of the year 

#RyuJunYeol Best Rookie Actor Celebration

-

-

-

#LuckyRomance #UnppalRomance

#ICantAttendBecauseIHaveAPlay #CongratsCongratsToEveryone

Ryusdb: I only have you Nuna! Ong Ong :bawling::heart:

• Like 4

@luffypyon It should be released internationally! Btw the v-live movie talk has been reuploaded but sadly without sub? Do you think they'll insert the sub later? Because it's so frustrating not to understand any single of their conversation.

And thanks for the translation! It seems Junyeol's the type of cute dongsaeng in real life, eh? Just like his mom said, you know, that he's more like a daughter than a son (in cuteness department) while his sister is the other way around ;D

• Like 4

@miss_buttercup For now, the 2nd movie talk only has Korean and chinese subtitle, I hope v-live will add the english subtitle soon.

Agree with you, Ryu Junyeol is such a cute dongsaeng. Maybe because he's the oldest son in his family, he want to have more hyungs and nunas. We can see in the King's movie talk, he really enjoys being the maknae xD

• Like 4

Article 1:

[161214 IlganSport] Byun Yohan in ‘2 PM Date’ Radio Show, “Best friend Ryu Junyeol, even if he has equipment, he plays worse than me on bowling”
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002622849

0002622849_001_20161214155322838.JPG?typ
Byun Yohan joked about his best friend Ryu Junyeol. 
On the 14th , Actor Byun Yohan appeared in MBC FM4U live broadcast ‘2 PM Date with Ji SukJin’.
About ‘Meeting friends often’, Byun Yohan said, “I don’t usually drink alcohol, I do chatting and exercising a lot. I usually play indoor sports like billiards and table tennis. I often play bowling especially with Ryu Junyeol. Even if he has ‘Doctor Strange’ gloves, He play worse than me. Although Junyeol does proper training and have his own ball”.
Byun Yohan then said, “Just kidding. I was unstable. Actually, Junyeol is a good player. Just saying” said him with laugh, revealing his closeness (with Ryu Junyeol). In addition, about ‘what he often drinks’, Byun Yohan said, “We enjoy VaShae (vanilla shake) and IA (Ice Americano). Junyeol also likes CarJu (Carrot Juice)”, shorting the name (of the drinks) with smile.
Journalist Kim Eunhye kim.eunhye1@jtbc.co.kr

Top Comments:

1.     (+192/-0) Ah ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋthey’re real buddies ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2.    (+175/-0) Carrot Juice ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3.    (+165/-0) Cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋIt’s lovely seeing their friendship ㅠㅠ
4.    (+157/-0) Ah… their friendship is heartwarming ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
5.    (+127/-0) ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Article 2:

[161214 IlganSport] 2PM Date Radio To ByunYohan, “Is there any part with Ryu Junyeol’s face that you want it to be changed?” He laughed, “None”
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002622854

0002622854_001_20161214161426627.jpg?typ

Actor Byun Yohan  released a grain of comments about his best friend Ryu Junyeol, carried out late penalty, and his acting passion.
On the 14th , Actor Byun Yohan appeared in MBC FM4U live broadcast ‘2 PM Date with Ji SukJin’.

On this day, because the snow fell all of a sudden, the traffic wasn’t good so Byun Yohan came late for the live broadcast. Ji Sukjin said “Although the time is already started, his car is still stucked”. He asked for (the listeners) understanding, “Now it seems the one whose heart beating fast is Mr. Byun Yohan”. As soon as his arrival, Byun Yohan said, “Firstly I am deeply sorry that I am late because of speed problem. You can scold me all you want and be not understanding. I’ll do my best with the remaining times”. “I am really distressed”, he said instead of greeting.

Byun Yohan added, “I shouldn’t be late today. I will do anything (to make up for it)” he said repeatly feeling sorry, making Ji Sukjin danced on the spot. Byun Yohan, during the music was playing, you could see he was shyly dancing, an audience requested one favourite karaoke song ‘말하는대로/As One says’. After the music ended, he said “I am in trouble” and looks embarrassed.

When mentioned about ‘Meeting friends often’, he showed some affections toward his best friend Ryu Junyeol. Byun Yohan said, “I don’t usually drink alcohol, I do chatting and exercising a lot. I often play bowling with Ryu Junyeol. Even if he has ‘Doctor Strange’ gloves and has his own ball, he play worse than me” he said being overly chatty. Byun Yohan then said, “Just kidding. I was unstable. Actually, Junyeol is a good player. Just saying” said him with laugh.

In addition, about ‘what he often drinks’, Byun Yohan said, “We enjoy VaShae (vanilla shake) and IA (Ice Americano)”. “Junyeol also likes CarJu (Carrot Juice)” he said out of nowhere and evoked more laughter.

Then Ji Sukjin asked about the praise ‘Genius Face’ and if he has inferiority complex, Byun Yohan said, “It’s the first time I hear about ‘Genius Face’. I don’t have any complex. I am just grateful to be alive. When I was studying abroad at a middle school in Philippines, flight attendants thought I had an exotic looks so they used English to me”.

At that time, Ji Sukjin threw a mischievous question, “Is there any part With Ryu Junyeol’s face that you want it to be changed?”, Byun Yohan replied with smile, “None. Junyeol is Junyeol, he has his own charm”. Also in fact, Ji Sukjin had actually met Ryu Junyeol before, “I actually saw Ryu Junyeol by accident at Apgujeong, he is extremely handsome. His skin is very clear and nice” praised him.

This day is the opening of movie ‘Will You Be There’ that he co-starred with Kim Yoon Seok, he praised “Really he helped me like a friend so my feeling was at ease. He’s open minded, very sophisticated”. Whe he was asked about ‘Kim Yoon Seok’s flaw’, Byun Yohan said, “He is very delicate, about details I also tend to not miss it one by one. The thing that I am a junior who thinks a lot, I am making it difficult for myself. To me, He is a central pillar role of this work”.

About ‘Image of no words’, Byun Yohan said, “I am a chatter box if I am with people I close with. Even with Song Jihyo who is in the same program as you (Ji Sukjin), we chat a lot. We also chat through phone lot. (Song Jihyo), if there’s a day to celebrate on, she congratulates me, she is very loyal person”. Ji Sukjin agreed with this, “When together in the phone, the  two talk about memories” he added. 
At the closing time, Byun Yohan said, “My desire to be a real actor is big. Rather than being an actor who stands out, I want to deliver a message from movies that could give healing”

Wrote by Journalist Kim Eunhye,  kim.eunhye1@jtbc.co.kr
Roughly translated by luffypyon

Top Comments:

1.    (+2663/-67) Ryu Junyeol and Byun Yohan’s friendship is really deserved to get praise ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ!!
2.    (+2228/-60) Realistic friend ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋWhat a heartwarming friendship
3.    (+1687/-67) I can feel they both are very close ㅋㅋㅋLet their good friendship last forever!!!
4.    (+1713/-159) If only I could also meet the Clear skin Ryu Junyeol by accident….
5.    (+1213/-72) The radio show was fun, I enjoyed it well~. The questions about Ryu Junyeol were also interesting. Thanks for your answers!!
6.    (+279/-28) Ryu Junyeol and Byun Yohan’s relationship is heartwarming ㅠㅠㅠIt’s fun everytime I hear about their story ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. Let ‘Will You Be There’ be jackpot!!!
7.    (+248/-22) I am rooting for their friendship!!
8.    (+238/-22) It’s very nice to see their friendship!! ㅋㅋㅋ
9.    (+234/-22) I have watched the movie early, I love it. Byun Yohan’s acting is also really heart fluttering, he is serious when it’s time to be serious! I cheer on his friendship with Ryu Junyeol :D Hope the movie be success!
10.    (+237/-24) To both, I support their friendship a lot!!!!!!! Please ‘Will You Be There’ be a jackpot. I am really jealous to Ryu Junyeol’s skin ㅠㅠ

• Like 4

[161214 MyDaily] The King’s Jo InSung, "I believe That Ryu JunYeol Does Well"
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002852712

201612140809331129_1_99_20161214081904.j
1.    (+420/-7) It looks good! :-) Hwaiting for The King, Jo Insung, Ryu Junyeol, and everyone!!!!
2.    (+396/-9) Ryu Junyeol’s acting can live up his characters naturally… From Yangge, Kim Junghwan, Je Suho, etc.. All his characters seem as if they’re really existed. That’s why I expect Choi Doo-il too.
3.    (+385/-8) Yes, I believe in him too
4.    (+361/-6) The King, please let it be a hit. Jo Insung, Jung Woosung, Bae Sungwoo, Ryu Junyeol, I trust them all!!
5.    (+355/-8) Ryu Junyeol, I cheer for you!!!
6.    (+106/-0) If the team work is good, the movie must be well made. I am looking forward for both of them :). I’ve been waiting for so long. The King, hwaiting!
7.    (+102/-0) The King. I want next month to come quickly very much, I am looking forward to it!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, luffypyon said:

When mentioned about ‘Meeting friends often’, he showed some affections toward his best friend Ryu Junyeol. Byun Yohan said, “I don’t usually drink alcohol, I do chatting and exercising a lot. I often play bowling with Ryu Junyeol. Even if he has ‘Doctor Strange’ gloves and has his own ball, he play worse than me” he said being overly chatty. Byun Yohan then said, “Just kidding. I was unstable. Actually, Junyeol is a good player. Just saying” said him with laugh.

In addition, about ‘what he often drinks’, Byun Yohan said, “We enjoy VaShae (vanilla shake) and IA (Ice Americano)”. “Junyeol also likes CarJu (Carrot Juice)” he said out of nowhere and evoked more laughter.

At the closing time, Byun Yohan said, “My desire to be a real actor is big. Rather than being an actor who stands out, I want to deliver a message from movies that could give healing”

*sorry for shortening your post teehee*

Their friendship is really cute! And his comments on the type of beverage they have every time they meet confirms what Lee Donghwi told us on Taxi. Although that carrot juice is a bit unexpected, lol. I mean, I don't think it's a common choice since not all people like it. Perhaps Junyeol drank it a lot as a child, since he used to wear glasses?

And how sweet it is, that they share a similar goal as an actor? I sincerely wish them all the best. I hope someday I'll see their names as big, classy actors in movies and I'll reminisce my fangirling days (by that time I'll be a fanlady, LOL), recalling how they first start their career. Boy, that'll be lovely.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, luffypyon said:

[161214 MyDaily] The King’s Jo InSung, "I believe That Ryu JunYeol Does Well"
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002852712

I love the fact that Insung praises Junyeol a lot. Not only praising him for his acting, he also praised him for doing really great at v-live. And how he genuinely amazed and were proud of him lol.

• Like 4