[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, lovesparklys said:

I have not actually watched the new episodes but the previews unfortunately are not making me happy. I never cared about soo and wooks relationship because he was married to a sweetheart and his failure to give love after receiving hers was his fault. It appears that wook never tried that hard to love his wife or notice the wonderful things about her until the end and that was from guilt.  Heck he and soo were sneaking around giving poems and emojis like the girl was dead before she died. 

My concern with the upcoming episodes is except for the gazing at the stars soo still has this cautious look with So that I cannot stand. I think So  should be more cautious of her. She has set up the perfect scenario for So to feel like he has been betrayed by everyone and lose his mind. He asks her is she protecting wook because he is family but instead of being completely truthful she tells him she would be hurt if wook is hurt. She has given wook and the sister  the perfect ammunition to hurt So the most. They could be the ones to tell So the one the one he trusts the most loves wook and she asked to run away with him after making sure you didn't hurt him. Remember she wouldn't go with you or say she likes you at all. She is with you to make sure wook doesn't get hurt. Wook and the sister could even say soo knew about the poison. Hae soo needs to be honest or So going to feel betrayed because her befriending him, then turning scared then back to his side is too strange and those liars are going to go after him using her pitiful love with wook. I am scared for him for that reason.

Also I hated when she said he will be alright. Just because he will be king she doesn't worry for him but everyone else. He took it in the best light possible but when I heard it I thought wow great way to show how everyone matters but him. 

I never watched the Chinese version but it never sounded romantic to me from the synopsis. I like love stories where they battle all forces to be and stay together not leave and marry his brother. Die with your man, I say.  I was hoping moon would change the dynamics and be more like that but I guess not. I am watching anyway. 

End rant

In this case, Soo never betray So. That is not the storyline director or writer aiming for. So just relax and dont think too much. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

There were theories actually on change of hair color because of stress.  3

However it is more of her not dying her hair because of her turmoil . And the upcoming episodes, she no longer hid her white hair. King Taejo is gone.

@LyraYoo yup, that what i've been thinking. she doesn't need to hide her white hair since the king is gone.

eventho i hate crazy eomma, but i cried all along with her when the king died, the actress really impressed me. she must love him very deep, but the king has hurt her heart so deeply that she turn out to be a heartless one. 

• Like 13

Hi Chingu, 

1. I am very shocked when saw evil queen's hair turned grey (or white) just in the span of one day. I thought several pages ago some of you already mentioned it was possible and called Marie Antoinette syndrome, but when I watched the drama my first thought was : all along she always wears wig (since her hair always so big and extravagant!) and since the king died she just ditched the wig and voila, we finally see her real hair

2. Am I the only one that thinks Yo looks super hot in his new hair do?? I didn't even recognise him at first but it just hit me, he didn't die and even went to the beauty salon before planning another rebellion!! lol

3. Now I am really worried about Wook's future (I hate him but he still looks so damn handsome and I can't just easily ditched him) can So keep his promise to So and not harm Wook up until the bitter end? I know our So-Soo ship already sailed by next episode, but somehow I believe Soo will still care about Wook wellbeing (just like ruoxi to 8th prince in c-ver)

4. And I love how Jung confess his feeling : I will not call you noona anymore, I can protect you now, I am all grown up. He's grow fond of Soo since earlier episode and yet respect Wook's feeling towards her. But how Wook abandon Soo in Gyobang for a whole year makes him want to take matter into his own hand. I can see that Soo never saw him more than cute younger brother, but besides So it just Jung that always by her side (well, maybe also Baek Ah but he's too busy chasing other girl)

• Like 18

17 minutes ago, Anna Huang said:

I was reading previous comments and people were staying how the next episode would be three years later and the last two episodes are a year apart, is that right?? Where is this coming from? 

because the next king is only reign for 2 or 3 years, and Yo will replace him. so we assumed that Yo will come back for revenge in 3 years

• Like 5

At last..after barely collected my braveness to watch ep12...I've come back to my senses...That HS girl is always on denial..well..at least I could understand her actions...with HSs character it would be hard to betray someone...even if she already falls for WS. What made me sure she already falls for WS? her eyes when she heard WSs voice at the back hug scene...but still..she chose not to follow her heart and try to loyal to WW...and I won't explain the rest..because many of our friends here already explained that :D

Ep 13...what should I say?? I just loooovveeee Prince Wang So..he looks so cool with his sword skill...or should I say it's Lee Jun Gi?? hehehe....but this time, I'm gonna choose international vers.over SBS version...I didn't watch the int.vers.yet...but from the differences that I read here..it was like..when Jung met HS....I still thought its an important scene to give a basic to their relationship later on...and Wang So didn't say about "I feel invincible after you said that" to HS...whyyy??? I think it's sweet and funny...giving the tragic journey of this drama will take, I think a little bit of sweetness won't kill us...hhhhh...well, I guess I didn't prepare myself enough...should prepare for more now...

And I so loovee those fighting scenes!!! LJG!!!! SARANGHAE!!!! that's what I always want to shout out everytime he used his fighting skills..I so love men in action and fighting scenes...especially if it's done by LJG..kkkkkkk (can't we see more of it please??) :wub: 

Also, I wanna say thank you to all my friends here who gave insights and opinions...and to some who opened my eyes to HSs feelings regarding Wang So and Wang Wook.

Also...friends, I respect all of your opinions, but we should stop to talk about other drama in this thread okay?? it's written on Soompi rules :sweatingbullets: And also..to newbies...welcome..and please don't forget the rules at the first page...let's help our moderators to keep this thread flows smoothly, okay?  

And finally...I just want to say...that in the end..it's my love for this drama that brings me back here and...of course.....because I'm having

LEE JOON GI'S FEVER!!! :heart:  *dead* (Lee Joon Gi effect)

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Siracusa said:

I lurk on the Reddit forum and someone posted this:

Can anyone here corroborate the above? Did MLSHR pull a Cheese in the Trap?

4 hours ago, ruizaio said:

That was me (check out the username). It is public knowledge among Korean fans and antis.

I'm not saying you two are wrong, but please let's not go there. CITT thread became a hell bc of this same reason. 

Also, as @qwenli pointed out, the kdrama is faithfully following the cversion pace in terms of romance since Ruoxi and the 4th became a couple late in the story. Also, it would be impossible to cover everything that happened till now in 5/6 episodes and if  they did it would be very poorly. 

3 hours ago, qwenli said:

Altho I find myself thinking about this too, but I think there are 3 factors to consider here:

1. the original c version story which MLSHR is based on had the female lead as the thread that narrates the story. She appears almost everywhere and constantly, so there was never a doubt that the development was her journey. Here in the k version, altho HS has her inner dialogue here and there, I dun find her being used as the main narrator. In fact, the k version paint her as having a fuzzy knowledge of history.

2. In all of MLSHR posters, previews and earlier introductions, it was very clear that they were selling an ensemble cast. Even at the presscon, nearly everyone who doesnt die in the first 5 eps were there in attendance. So in this aspect, I cannot say SBS deceived us. Its just that as the story develops, Lee Joon Gi became such a force that cannot be ignored that viewers clamour for more of him.

3. There were already previous mathematical calculation of when the otp story will start to unfold officially based on the original c version development. And the answer of ep 13 was correct. In the last few secs, Soo finally hugs and comforts SO.

Hence although its true that the director favour KHN (he openly praised KHN as being very handsome at the presscon), I cannot fully pinpoint him as being unfair. 

Couldn't agree more. 

While I agree that the drama had some unnecessary WookSoo scenes here and there,  the longing we have for SoSoo relationship is what make this ship so enjoyable. Everything that happened till now was a step in the road for these two getting together. So's development is believable because we had more than 10 episodes to see it happen. If everything was faster that it is now, we would probably not enjoy this ship as much as we do,

The only thing I wanted is that we had more than 20 episodes, but sadly we dont =/

• Like 22

3 hours ago, bim2 said:

prepare yourself cause i will never let you go' without my permission you cannot leave me or die either' if you're not coming to my side don't give me hope

How can one not like a straight forward guy like him there's no hidden message in what he says he just tell you his feelings just as he feels. WS is the Man

2 hours ago, mamamya88 said:

This is crazy....how am i suppose to catch up with u guys:sweatingbullets: i was left with 30 pages just in few hours!! Each time i click next page, the page number just increase haha....no end for this forum esp with the promising upcoming scenes:wub:

@mamamya88  I gave up on trying to keep up with this thread about 500 pages ago..

1 hour ago, LadyOne said:

This is beyond what my heart can comprehend.

My heart is really weak now, after watching the last two episodes... all the rejection, betrayal, the end of 13th‘s ship (I hope not) and (preview) child marriage!? If that child is CP daughter, I hope CP get/ask/forces WS to married her for her protection after CP pass on... and I hope WW has no part in suggesting it to CP to do it... (He is way down at the bottom of my list now, any lower he will below evil queen)

Does that child happen to be CP only child?

I would rather WS married YH than a child..... WS needs a strong Queen; YH is currently the best candidate.  

@LadyOne I think she's  his only child also he's marrying her to WS not only for protection but also protecting her from the evil Queen who can marry her off to anyone or any country do you no how scary that is for a young child..

1 hour ago, mewtwo said:

Besides being jealous I think he sees Wang So as a threat, the crown prince prefer Wang So over Wang Wook so of course he'll pass the throne to him when the time comes, but if there's no Wang So it's definitely Wang Wook who'll take the throne since Wang Yo is out of the way...or that what he thinks 

the other princes are not a threat  

@mewtwo  It's not only that he was jealous of WS because he proved himself to be worthy of the title prince, WW and WY always has this honor of being recognizes but once WS returned and acompolish things that he wouldn't have never put together like non talkative assassins WW had to kill the one that was holding Hs hostage to make himself look good but the praises went to WS because he and the CP plan together.. None of the brothers never suspected WS to no martial art and is better then them with a sword. Nor any of them thought for one moment that he could be intelligent and no more about the palace and laws then they do.. I don't recall WW ever being made King because after WY is WS after the CP/King dies the throne will go to only the Queen kids.. I think WY and the Queen falls out with each other it's either behind YH or he stop doing what she wants.. 

32 minutes ago, NitaA said:
2 hours ago, kaftanbatikcantik said:

DAMMIT!!! i knew he will come back ALIVE!!!!

With different hair style. Geezzz this fashionista prince was really like to look dolled up all the time.

I think he looks hot like this with his beard, The bad guy every girl laves but hate to love

Can someone please remind me that when this drama s over to send evil queen Yoo some jet black hair dye or maybe flaming red to go with her evil personality..

• Like 13

1 minute ago, berny said:

And QUESTION....what's with thie 14th Prince...all of a sudden...is he joining in the now very-much-complicated love triangle....is he adding up on the conflict :blink:

@berny  Actually he's very clever keep WS and WW fighting over HS and he can swoop in for the grand prize LOL's So don't knock him she's anybodies game as of now.. 

• Like 12

@am420 I enjoyed reading your post as it echoed a lot of my thoughts as well:D

I agree on your assessments on both Wang Yo, Wang Wook. I could say the same for Yeonhwa, Wang So as well.  At least we know where Wang Yo, Yeonhwa stand as they're Black/White plain for all to see, however Wang Wook is v.Grey in his disposition as he's wishy-washy --- says one thing but does another. Classic case of He Wants His Cake And Eats It Too huh. 

Haesoo fell for Wook because he was the first to welcome her into the palace with warmth, kindness or so she thought:phew: and yea agreed it was probably a misguided infatuation on both ends. Wook saw her as a diversion from his routined royal life and viewed her as nothing more than a plaything.

Although Wang So may seem like a cold blooded killer at first, he has way more humanity than most of his siblings as you've said. The fact he was beside himself with grief over killing Wang Yo shows he has a conscience. Er--- I don't think I'm as thrilled as you over Baekah-Woohee's loveline LoL. They just don't do it for me though I love Nam Joohyuk who plays Wang Baekah. Time jumps are a common K-Drama trope:)

Ahahah IKR!? How did Haesoo get past the guards to get access to Wang So:blink: on a limp no less?! She does seem to be quite agile despite her handicap:lol: Well I suppose Haesoo has youth on her side LoL?

Yea I noticed that too. I think he was looking in Haesoo's direction when he mentioned Wang Wook's name because of the fact he's her relative. I too am surprised that Wang So didn't suspect Wook was that someone she had feelings for. He guessed it was Baekah instead. 

• Like 19

since many of you said So-Soo relationship parallels Taejo-Sooyeon relationship , and that Soo herself is a time traveler and thus does not belong to Goryeo, i believe she will serve her purpose to put Gwangjong on the throne , carry out her duties then perhaps die and go back to 2016 , while Gwangjong will die with his last memories of Soo in his mind 

• Like 24

just watched the subbed version.

king told soo if someone approached her asking for his condition, she should tell them the king just need more tea. if someone approached her and ask her if the king is dead, that person was after the throne.

so, didn't ask her anything. he was not after the throne, he was only after her heart. therefore she told him everything.

when soo approached so next to the pond. i love that she just sat next to him. not keeping a distance. lovely scene

• Like 15

2 hours ago, zi4r said:

@sunshinefate Yep, yep. I have given up on trying to catch up on the thread. With the limited time I have, I usually manage to go back like 5-6 pages tops. Sigh.... I'm missing out on a lot.

@Noor IsmahwatiI Very true. The international popularity is very much established and we have discussed on the overall success of the drama quite extensively. But nevertheless, I feel the need to celebrate it doing better on home turf as well... because the cast & crew deserve much better recognition than they are getting now. My fear is that, without higher domestic ratings, LJG and KHN would not be recognized for their excellent acting during award season. **Fingers crossed** They deserve all the praises in the world.

I pray with the next 7 episodes, the rating could get within 10-15%, so LJG can get a chance for his awards :) Is it going to be 20 or 21 episodes for this show? If it is only 20 episode, means the finale will be only on Monday, and then tuesday they will start another new drama? that's kinda sucks, it should be in pairs 20&21 episodes for finale week.. 

20 minutes ago, Claudia Koh said:

since many of you said So-Soo relationship parallels Taejo-Sooyeon relationship , and that Soo herself is a time traveler and thus does not belong to Goryeo, i believe she will serve her purpose to put Gwangjong on the throne , carry out her duties then perhaps die and go back to 2016 , while Gwangjong will die with his last memories of Soo in his mind 

I guess Hae Soo will go back to the future and probably will meet future WS in the future (similar to C-version). The reason I'm guessing this because when I looked at the shooting locations of Scarlet Hearts Ryeo (cause I'm planning to visit these places one day LOL), there's a place called Daegu’s 100 Year Dalseong Roots Plaza. check this out: 

Spoiler

Also seen in “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo,” this grand landmark of the park is 100 Year Tower. The art piece was commissioned and installed to commemorate the 100 year-anniversary of Daegu’s Dalseong-gun. 100 Year Tower is the centerpiece of a vast lake-side park, a favorite spot for locals to relax, couples to go on dates, and families to enjoy the outdoors. http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=2420291 

But we'll see, the director promised us the journey will be sad but ending will be happy, so I hope he didn't give us false promise :) 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, am420 said:

I found myself liking Yo more than Wook this episode. Mostly because Yo doesn't pretend to be someone that he isn't the two things that we've known he wanted are YH and the throne and he doesn't hide his ambitions for them. Wook on the other hand skulks around in the background pretending to be someone he's not cutting deals and stabbing everyone in the back. I was kind of disgusted when he wanted to shoot Yo with the arrows like dude you have a sword use that but his method has always been one where he doesn't get his hands dirty. I also don't get this sudden burning hatred that he seems to have for WS, I could tell that he wasn't really fond of him before  with the whole "nothing here belongs to you" episode but he seems resigned to blame every bad thing that has ever happened to him on WS. 

Kudos to HS for finally realizing who Wook is and calling him on that lie that he's been telling himself that he's going after the throne for her. He isn't doing it for her or to protect her, he's doing it because that's what he wants she's just a great scapegoat now because he can't admit to himself that he's not the person he pretends to be. NGL I'm so happy that Wook/Soo is done, I couldn't really get into their relationship because they seemed to have the same conversations all the time using different words, essentially Wook would apologize for being unable to do anything, promise that he was going to be with her and get her out of whatever situation she was in,  HS would be okay with the empty promises. No one can sell me on Wook loving her so much that he wants to get the throne to be with her because I feel like their relationship was too staid and boring for that, add to that the fact that they never talked about anything of substance. She didn't really know him and he didn't know her, her personality always seemed to change when she was around him which is why I was so happy today when she actually told him off. 

Things that will always make me laugh when I think about this show. 

-JM tells HS that Taejo is sending her away and that she is not to meet any of the princes to say goodbye, she goes to see WS (climbing to the top of the tower while hurt)

-Taejo tells her to get the CP and to not tell anyone in the palace/Wook tells her that him and 3rd are going to attack the palace not to tell anyone she searches for WS climbing to the top of the tower once again and when she does meet him she word vomits everything about Taejo dying and 3rd attacking the palace leaving out Wook

-WS telling Baek Ah and WH about the plot says 3rd and Wook while looking directly at the back of HS's head, why did she think that he wouldn't figure it out? Also, why hasn't he figured out that her and Wook had something going on, he's clearly smart enough to put the pieces together is this a case of willful ignorance or is he waiting for her to tell him because I'm not buying that he doesn't know.  

Finally able to watch SBS version now and the scenes sequence and editing flow much better and logical than Youku version. I was so confused with international version jumping between conversations of different couples/ groups. @am420 I agreed with you about WW's invincible mask and would like to add the fact that in reality, he is more possessive and unforgiving person regards to HS's relationship with other guys if we compared him to WS. Although he only gave empty promises to HS, he was so distraught, jealous and tried to kill WS after he thought that HS started to have relationship (after he overheard WS's marriage proposal) with WS and betrayed him.  Although WS claimed that he would kill the guy HS love during their beach walk, he never try to find out or ask HS who the other person is but WW try to test HS's loyalty and feelings for WS by giving her incomplete information to trick WS.  He told HS of third prince and his planned attack to King's palace w/o telling her he already notified CP is NOT ONLY to test HS's feelings and royality to him BUT ALSO to try to have proper reason to kill WS. However, he miscalculated the time of CP's arrival and did not expect that WS would find a route to send Baek Ah to notify CP.  He asked YH and his clan's army to block off routes out off Songok to make it seems like WS & General Park surrounded the king's residence and try to take the throne for himself, he and WY killed WS, then WY himself wanted to take the throne and he defended for CP by the time CP arrived!!! This way CP won't punish him for killing WS and general Park but would feel indebted plus he would be able to get rid off big CP's supporters and his love rival!  He was very cunning, trying to kill three birds with one stone except CP arrived before WS was killed and HS found out about his calculations using her to kill WS.

In my opinion, WW is someone with big ego!!! He seems to find ways to blame others or find other faults to make himself less guilty.  Basically, he has "narcissistic" personality if not as extreme as "antisocial".  He is very charming and considerate to others (to his wife, HS, brothers, and even to poor citizens) but deep down he only cares about himself, thinks he deserves the best because of his family background as well as his talent in both literary and military, blames others not to make himself feel guilty and does not mind to manipulate others not to make his hands dirty and achieve his goals (eg. using WY's hands to kill the King and WS). 

@Latte_Anyday @am420 However, I have to disagree with your statement that WS should know about WW and HS relationship. I really believe that WS does not know about their relationship:

(1) He was someone who grew up without knowing much about complicated relationships.

(2) when WW tried to rescue HS from killer and WS the first time in the wood, he mentioned that HS was his family. He only saw WW and HS interaction as no more than brother and sis-in-laws. He probably also thought that HS's concern for WW were due to her gratitude towards WW and his dead wife as they were like her adopted parents.

(3) His love for HS was very simple without expectations and he trusted her with all his heart. He expected that she would tell him everything! Thus, he just wanted to try his best to win over HS without thinking to attack his rivals. Although he said he would kill other men she liked, he didn't really care as he was sure of his ability to win her heart.

(4) He also did not believe the fact that HS has another person in her heart since he could see her care and concern for him in her eyes. Although others and HS might not think that it was 'love' for helping him remove his insecurities by covering his scar with make-up and not being afraid of his scar, it was a big deal of intimacy for WS who was banned from family and society because of his scar almost his entire life.

Spoiler

It was very similar to 4th prince's attitude towards Ruoxi and 8th/14th prince relations. Although 14th pretended like Ruxio gave him something like a love token (actually bangle to help her return to 8th), 4th did not think that there was something going on between them instead he encourages them to get along well like this instead of fighting (14th fought with her for breaking up with 8th).  He's seen she helped 14th without regards to her life and over her friendship with Min Min guo guo but he believed she only loved him as she's already worn his hairpin and asked him to marry her.

• Like 22

i wasn't too sure what happened with wook double betrayal till i watched the subbed version.

CP said, he was already on his way back when he received wook's letter explaining yo's plan to revolt.

that would mean, baek ah made it to CP first. wook sent the letter because he suspect soo was on CP side and she would told someone of his plan with yo. so he sent it after he reveal to soo about it. he can see that soo was not on his side, during his chat with yeon hwa he clearly said he was worried of someone's betrayal.

smart move wook, but that caused you soo's love. 

• Like 10