[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

think I still like everything just as much as before. What I can't decide right now is whether I like it better (or not) because the scenes that were eliminated for the director's cut are still in my head.

The flow felt good. As I said before, they toned down the interaction between the younger princes. Baekhyun's scenes seemed more polished to me...I think. I never thought IU's scenes were bad the first time around, and I still feel the same the second time around. The 8th prince, for some reason, stood out to me more, but for the life of me, I'm not sure why yet. Slight reposititioning of the scenes perhaps??

Right now it seems okay that we didn't see 13 and 14 in the market scene, however, I wonder if they're going to reinsert that elsewhere perhaps in the next episode. And if they don't, I have to wonder whether we are potentially losing scenes that were meant to lay the groundwork for their storyarcs.

• Like 16

Are they going to cut out all the other princes except 3,4,8 ??? I hope not.

Though why did they cut out

- WS and WY confrontation

- Discovering assassins have no tongues

Both scenes are important i think esp the confrontation.

..... ... How did everyone find the re-edited version?

• Like 10

1 minute ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

I cant watch the re-edit versions.. can I watch it on Youtube or any other site ?

will any site do the subbing for these and if any one gets to know please let me know. I am dying to watch after reading so much about these...

All good questions. I have to believe they'll make these versions available and allow for subbing as they stand to lose an opportunty to engage more viewers if they don't. The question is where they'll make them available and or how? I have a feeling we'll find out before Ep 4 airs.

• Like 13

One thing I did not realise till now was how much extra scenes actors shoot. For a 20 episoder they must be shooting at least 30 episodes worth of scenes.. So exhausting..

I wonder how they feel when they see the final cut and realise that their favourite scene is cut out or a scene that was physically taxing or required 100 retakes is just gone

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, kdramakrazy said:

Are they going to cut out all the other princes except 3,4,8 ??? I hope not.

Though why did they cut out

- WS and WY confrontation

- Discovering assassins have no tongues

Both scenes are important i think esp the confrontation.

..... ... How did everyone find the re-edited version?

Mixed emotions. I loved it but also feels like there were parts that shouldn't have been removed. But not complaining, they can be added at a later part. Overall I fell in love with it again, thanks to the haters bashing the drama we got another version out. I shouldn't be thanking them, but because of their complaints SBS showed us a different version. And I love both. I guess 20episode is not enough for them to deliver the result they initially wanted. If they were given at least maybe 24eps they wouldn't rushed/cropped and pasted the first ep. Or make it feel a bit cramped by other viewers.

• Like 19

Just now, LyraYoo said:

I think these edited versions only catered to SK audience, and not the international viewing. Unless there is a stipulation among the franchise rights about the simulcast viewing. But since One TV Asia didnt announce about the director's cut.

Agreed. Especially say china - they can't run it by censors again. And other countries already must have subbed the whole series in their respective languages.

Which makes me wonder - even dramafever would have subbed the whole series by now

so i'm guessing this is targeting the rating audience only. we might never get to see the other re-edited episodes.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, LyraYoo said:

I think these edited versions only catered to SK audience, and not the international viewing. Unless there is a stipulation among the franchise rights about the simulcast viewing. But since One TV Asia didnt announce about the director's cut.

@LyraYooThat thought crossed my mind too, so I was actually wondering about loopholes they might use so as to at least make them readily available to the SK public. Perhaps on Naver where they've parked some of their teasers?? Just a thought.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

All good questions. I have to believe they'll make these versions available and allow for subbing as they stand to lose an opportunty to engage more viewers if they don't. The question is where they'll make them available and or how? I have a feeling we'll find out before Ep 4 airs.

And i just hope they do it fast....:( feeling so bad that I could not watch...

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

now this is one big side effect of not being in SK... :(

• Like 9

This drama is so good that I've rewatched the first 3 eps 5 times over. I mean I even made an account because of this forum. I am really curious to see the relationship between Wang Wook and Hae Soo in Ep 4 because the preview looks so intense OMG the feels!!!

Edited by skxz
  • Like 14

Now I get it why the prince was sitting there when HS walked past, I thought it was a random thing.... the significance of that new added scene has so much impact on the next scene, the massacre of the monks. Without this scene, I wouldn't have known about the conflict 4th is facing inside...it makes him so much more human and vulnerable. 

I have a fear this drama is going to be so sadd later on, watched the mvs on youtube and there are scenes of an older, sadder Hae Su, and I think it's going to make me very very sad, but I love a show that makes me feel all these emotions. The scenes between HS and 8th Prince are lovely, and I think KHN is perfect for the role...those beautiful, heavy-lidded eyes, that slow intimate way he speaks to her, those pauses as he gazes at her, that smile, those sensual lips, that low, caressing voice...I'm as shaken as HS, and to think I didn't even bother about KHN coming into this show, it was all LJK for me, so I guess I'm feeling much like HS is feeling, the quiet charm of this man that just tugs at you and pulls you in, slowly,subtelly...what a great actor KHN is...

• Like 21

15 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

@ilovekorearocks , 24 episodes doesnt hurt. But then this is a first attempt in the global market of a korean drama. However, the content of this drama is not an original material by adapting a chinese novel. Which is the production took the risk really. Considering the current situation of China X South Korea rift , political wise.

I am also theorizing there's an influence of ratings in SK because this is a an adaptation of a chinese novel. But then. WHO KNOWS.

What is ironic , this drama is popular in China with a whopping 300k and counting to 400k views

And this is EXACTLY what we have to keep in mind. If we continue on this pace where SHR continues to break records outside of SK, it really doesn't matter whether we ever beat the other saeguk in ratings because SHR will be a commercial success regardless. :)

As some of our other chingu have mentioned, there are a number of dramas that didn't garner high ratings, but were still considered successes because they were popular outside of SK. Healer would be a good example.

• Like 16

Hello everyone. 

Thanks for all your recaps about re-edit eps. I didn't see too much, it was very early morning for me and video was buffering so much..

But I noticed that some backround music was replaced with another and it sounds better now (the last scene  of 2nd episode, when WW said "let her go" and WS "I don't want"). In the first version is EXO's soundtrack that doesn't fit, cause it's too early for such romantic background. In the re-edit version there is the instrumental music that express in the right way the tension between WS,HS and WW. 

And please, write what did WS said to HS in deleted scene. 

• Like 14

14 hours ago, pujajain said:

I would say that Moon lovers is inspired by the original novel and is not an adaptation. Both version have been shot beautifully and are big budget dramas.

Best comment I read on this thread so far !! Indeed ! The vibes of the main characters are completely different ! I think the love triangle and relationship will be different too. 

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

@ilovekorearocks , 24 episodes doesnt hurt. But then this is a first attempt in the global market of a korean drama. However, the content of this drama is not an original material by adapting a chinese novel. Which is the production took the risk really. Considering the current situation of China X South Korea rift , political wise.

Reveal hidden contents

I am also theorizing there's an influence of ratings in SK because this is a an adaptation of a chinese novel. But then. WHO KNOWS.

What is ironic , this drama is popular in China with a whopping 300k and counting to 400k views in just mere 3 episodes.

My sister is also surprised that the rating in Korea is not good ... how could it be with this kind of cast, production & storyline.  That's why we both think it's becos K-viewers does not like remakes of other countries' dramas/movies .... but how could they not support their actors/actresses becos of that.  :(

• Like 14