[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

How 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' stars attach to their characters

• Baekhyun's band EXO perform onstage during the MelOn Music Awards at Olympic Gymnasium on November 14, 2013 in Seoul, South Korea.

Baekhyun's band EXO perform onstage during the MelOn Music Awards at Olympic Gymnasium on November 14, 2013 in Seoul, South Korea. (Photo : Getty Images/Chung Sung-Jun)

The stars of the newly-concluded Korean drama "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," were just as emotional as the drama's followers when they bid goodbye to their characters. It comes not surprising as they immersed themselves to the characters they portrayed every day for the last few months.

Like Us on Facebook

Lead actor Lee Joon Gi was being grateful to his character Wang Soo. He revealed he wanted Wang to be unique from his previous roles and could not believe the last episode had arrived.

"I hope he's happier in his next life," Lee told Naver TV in an interview on Nov. 2, Wednesday. "And that he stays happy with Hae Soo for a long, long time."

Lee treated his fans at a special event where he watched the drama's finale with them. The said event called "My Love Lee Joon Gi" was successful and was shown on the live broadcast on the Naver TV app.

"Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" marked the first acting gig for Seohyun of Girls' Generation. The singer turned actress proved she can play the role impressively despite being a newbie. She celebrated Princess Woo Hee by sharing a photo of the character on her Instagram account on Oct. 31, Monday.

EXO’s Baekhyun was grateful for the chance of playing Wang Eun who died early in the series. He expressed he learned a lot from the drama and shared a humorous behind-the-scene-story during his dying scene.

“Not while I was dying, but after I died,” Baekhyun said during the recent SBS PowerFM “Cultwo Show.” “When I was lying down, I fell asleep. I had pulled an all-nighter the night before…If you watch carefully, I am really not moving at all."

Nam Joo Hyuk is not only missing his character but everything about the series – the scriptwriter, director, staff, actors and everyone. The actor revealed through his agency YG Entertainment that portraying Baek Ah for six months was for him real joy.

After playing Hae Soo, singer-actress IU will hold a solo year-end concert on Dec. 3 and 4 in SK Olympic Handball Gymnasium, Olympic Park, Bangi-dong, Seoul. The 23-year-old artist will perform never-before-heard tracks while reminiscing the past 24 years of her life, according to KPopHerald.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/171767/20161107/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-lee-joon-gi-iu.htm

unforgettable characters...

• Like 17

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, andy78 said:

‘Moon Lovers; Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ Season 2 Not Possible, IU Teases Fans on Modern Era Scene; ‘Moon Lovers’ Spinoff Movie Still Uncertain?

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.'

•  

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.' (Photo : YouTube/Chi Kuroki)

Days after Lee Joon Gi posted on his Instagram account a message captioned with "Soon" that made "Moon Lovers" fanatics gone crazy, its Lee Ji Eun's turn in trolling the hearts of many.

Ji Eun, "Moon Lovers" heroine who is also known as IU in the music industry, posted an image, which is rumored to be a modern era scene that was edited out in SBS' "Moon Lovers" finale episode. The image shows Go Ha Jin (Hae Soo) crying when someone offered her a polka dots handkerchief.

The image doesn't show the face or the body of the person; however, based on the hand, it is safe to say that it belongs to Wang So (or whatever his name on the modern era). To back the speculation that it is indeed Wang So, many die hard "Moon Lovers" fans even tried to screenshot the character's hands from the show's previous episode. One fanatic even commented a funny remark, saying that based on the placement of the person's veins on its hand, this is certainly Joon Gi offering a handkerchief to Ji Eun. 

However, since SBS seems to having so much fun in trolling the viewers (good examples includes showing misleading previews and featuring Ji Mong meeting Hae Soo in modern era instead of Wang So), some took it in a funny way and think that it could be Ji Mong's hands or a reincarnated Wang Wook who became a handkerchief seller. 

Is there a possibility for "Moon Lovers" Season 2? 

Many believed that this is not possible since the show garnered low ratings from its home country, but international viewers think otherwise since Universal Studios invested on the project. As of this time, though no official announcement yet was given if there's indeed a second season run for "Moon Lovers," fans are hoping that SBS' would finally give in since there's a humongous number of petition for the said idea.

While other wishes to see a "Moon Lovers" Season 2, others are craving for some special episode to see a closure to Hae Soo-Wang So relationship, given to what Wang So said on the show's open ending final episode - "I will find you My Soo."

"Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" Spinoff Movie Possible?

If what was previously announced will be followed, fans may get to see a "Moon Lovers" spinoff movie that would definitely put a closure to the cliff hanger ending that we saw on "Moon Lovers" episode 20.

According to Arri's interview with Cinematographer Cheon-Seok Kim, they did film 20 episodes of "Moon Lovers" plus a feature film spinoff. The question now lies on when will the spinoff be released or if they do have any plans on pushing through with the spinoff movie.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/171959/20161107/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-season-2-possible-iu-teases.htm

i'm still waiting that scene at least...

Is the writer of this article a soompi member ? 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, andy78 said:

After playing Hae Soo, singer-actress IU will hold a solo year-end concert on Dec. 3 and 4 in SK Olympic Handball Gymnasium, Olympic Park, Bangi-dong, Seoul. The 23-year-old artist will perform never-before-heard tracks while reminiscing the past 24 years of her life, according to KPopHerald.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/171767/20161107/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-lee-joon-gi-iu.htm

unforgettable characters...

Sorry to cut your post but who else found the mixed counting kind of hilarious?!:D

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is the writer of this article a soompi member ? 

good question...telling the truth i'm happy that so many people are reading soompi or mention about about soompi on their sites or forums...

• Like 11

My thought on the teasers.

They wouldn't do it just to be mean to the fans. They would do this because there is some kind of sustenance behind it.

Sounds like to me that they have been given the all clear to tease us because there is something special planned. Whether its in the form of a movie or special episode(s).

• Like 22

2 hours ago, soultree said:

I stiil havent watched the three last episodes, i dont want to, i'm watching bubblegum'to feel'good beforemy next fix nee

What strength of will you have :sweatingbullets: I am slowly watching it again from the beginning. I try to resist but the pull to watch is too hard and now I am on ep 3, but pausing whenever I feel satiated until I need my next fix :crazy:

• Like 6

http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/07/iu-reveals-photos-possible-unaired-ending-scarlet-heart-goryeo/

IU Reveals Photos From Possible Unaired Ending Of “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”
A. Aspera November 7, 2016

iu

Singer and actress IU seems to have teased an unaired ending of SBS’ “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” on her Instagram!

On November 7, she posted two shots of herself crying with her hands over her face, as someone offers her a handkerchief from behind.

Along with the photo, she wrote, “Hm? Handkerchief?”, with moon and heart emojis, hinting at the drama which is also known as “Moon Lovers.”

There are speculations that the photos may be behind-the-scenes cuts from the filming of a special unaired scene, where IU and Lee Joon Gi‘s reunite in the modern times.

“Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” aired its final episode on November 1.

Source (1)

Wow... Soompi caught on quickly on this one. LOL :P

After publishing my own ending on my asianfanfics account (link added in the spoiler box) I really want to know if and when the actual ending will be out. I am wondering how much it differs from my own version...:huh::)

Spoiler

I cannot thank you guys enough for your awesome feedback! The story has been out for less than 72 hours and already reached over 1600 views. I really didn't expect so many people to read it when I uploaded it. Can I just say how grateful I am?!:wub:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1190152/until-we-meet-again-romance-leejoongi-sosoo-scarletheart-iu0-moonlovers-scarletheartryeo

• Like 22

IU's instagram post killed me yesterday. I was so shocked, haha. I really hope it means something. I re-watched episode 20 just recently, cried buckets again, and just seeing that post made me feel a bit happier. Honestly though, I'm also somewhat worried about what the other ending of Moon Lovers really was. Was it going to end up being sad like the C-version, or not? Is it a really good ending? I'm not too trusting of the scriptwriter + director right now, so in some ways, I'm happy that good fanfic can make up for what they didn't give us, haha. 

The last episode of ML gave me inspiration to finish the last chapter of my story, which is in future!So's POV. Anyone interested can read it here. Thanks again to ML, and to everyone on this thread for giving me a lot of happiness. There have been so many insightful posts, and following this drama has been a truly interesting ride all throughout. I miss our Moondays already. XD 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Kelly86 said:

Is there an email list we get on for when we can pre order the directors DVD cut version? If so I need to get on that list. I've already signed the DVD petition lol.

For once in my life I'm desperate to own the directors cut.

And that hair pin for $700ish umm omg no thanks it's pretty but it's ok can't really use it these days.

If you took the demand survey (http://goo.gl/ooMfnt) for requesting a Blu-ray/DVD release and included a valid email address in your response, you'll get an email once the pre-order sale opens.

• Like 14