[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

This is my first time ever watch baseball game, let alone live-streaming. I don't know what this game is all about, don't know the rules, and i don't know korean. I just want to be the first to know if SHR will be aired tonight.

Please, somebody wins so it will end in an hour at most.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, MiharuD said:

I see, never knew this. Could you please give me some site's, books I can read about it? Site's can be in korean or japanese I know a little can manage but english would be awsome! :D Thank you! 

@MiharuD 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_name

This is wiki version of generation name for chinese and I'm pretty sure same concept with what ruizaio mentioned previously as Chinese and Japanese old written characters and some tradition came from China. I that Chinese in big cities no longer follow these traditions after cultural revolution as most people who're from Shanghai and Bejing that I get to know (which is a lot on my Uni) only have two characters in their name even if they're in their early fifties (I don't know about smaller towns and rural area). Most mainlander that I'm close to were surprised that my Chinese name has generation name. Of course, they can't tell unless I tell them my bro and my Chinese name as I don't use that name.

I know Chinese descents in other Southeast Asia like Malaysia, S'pore, Indonesia use their Chinese name (pronunciation/spelling might be different due to where their ancestor's original city/province and which country they were living) but unfortunately, most Chinese in my native country have our native name which do not even have last name (our native names are given based on day of week individual was born and according to astrology). We can't even use names that are similar pronunciation to our chinese names as most people will notice that it is chinese name and give a hard time to that individual in applying to professional schools, buying houses and applying for governmental related jobs etc. That's why most Chinese descends in my native country no longer care about studying mandarin or their ancestor native dialets and having Chinese names. Only a couple of my cousins from my mom side know they have their Chinese names. Even for my parents' generation, those names are used only for wedding invitation and tomb description....sigh :(:(:(

Although I don't need to care about my kids as I'm daughter (or having kids...rolling my eyes) but my bro is definitely going to have at least a couple, I was so happy that I recently learned his kids' generation name from my oldest aunt (as I had no interest when my par was alive and don't know how to write but only know its pronunciation, da can represent many chinese characters) as my par really cared about those traditions and I'm certain that he would want his grandchildren have Chinese names. 

Unfortunately, our family generation name poem (as mentioned in wiki) was lost in house fire and my grandfather and pat only remembered up to my niece/nephews generation...sigh...

I'm writing this long about my family chinese name because it felt that some cultural and traditional values seem to get lost as we become more and more globalized and intermarried ethnically/racially (I'm NOT against interacial marriage) as I myself is not one hundred percent Chinese. That is why I develop more and more interest in history, culture,  custom and traditions :) 

@ruizaio We're going back and forth discussing about which prince should have been 8th instead of Wook and you might think that I'm coming up with more excuses but I actually knew Wook's mother was not queen during Teijo reign and time MLSHR was set, as every consort during Teijo was not named 'queen'. Their queen/ queen dowager names were given by their sons and grandsons after Teijo rule or posthumously. The consorts at the time were called as da furen (大夫人), furen (夫人) and yuen furen (院夫人) (not sure what are the equivalences in English and Korean). 

The only other prince that would have been suitable to be 8th will be Crown Prince Soomyong as he lived old enough to have a son and his mom was also da furen (7th consort) but not much info about him as well as his wife :)

The prince you're talking about Lee Jun Gi name is from Joseon which is totally different system and has actual ranks of many consorts?

Btw, I saw those OTP pics on youtube and in the begining those were digitally altered as one bed pic and one wedding pic were altered but after I saw them here,I finally believed they will happen soon :D hopefully...finger crossed!

Cute preview & BTS pics are towards end of video :D

• Like 8

@meahri_1 thank you for updating us on the game. I've never been so anxious over a game :sweatingbullets:
First sbs decides to tortures us by releasing such beautiful stills of our otp and now there's a high possibility of tonights episode being cancelled...I think I need to call for the ambulance now, not sure I'll be able to survive waiting for the episode to air tomorrow instead. :tears:

• Like 12

Yeahhhhhhh... at the rate this game is going plus the fact that either team still needs to break the tie, I stand by what I said earlier - I doubt this game will even finish by 10pm. Barring a miracle, I'm gonna say no episode tonight.

Please excuse me while I go sob in a corner.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

'That is edited guys, have a chill :D

Gosh I can't imagine the backlash if SHR shall be postponed . .There's a pro of it being postponed, but still not everyone is happy about not seeing our So-Soo tonight.

hahaha yupss just saw it more clearly with zoom and WS is definitely edited in 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, krysyuy said:

Yeahhhhhhh... at the rate this game is going plus the fact that either team still needs to break the tie, I stand by what I said earlier - I doubt this game will even finish by 10pm. Barring a miracle, I'm gonna say no episode tonight.

3 minutes ago, qwenli said:

The moon is not on our side.sorry folks

awww sigh. ottoke. is it final??? or can i cross my fingers still?? andweeeh.

here;s a message from woo hee...fighting! keep the love. love.love :)

'달의 연인 보보경심 려'에 출연 중인 서현

• Like 18

1 minute ago, krysyuy said:

Are you sure there will be NO episodes at all? What about the Intl version?
I'm reaally okay waiting after baseball.. hiks :(

• Like 10