[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Are there any other dramas that have almost kisses scenes as good as the ones in Moon Lovers? I feel like their almost kisses are better than most kiss scenes in other dramas I've seen. I love that their relationship is built on a friendship where they can joke around with each other.

Cheer Up has almost kisses ... a lot of 

;)

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, lovedrama11 said:

I go missing from the forum for few days and I have hundreds of pages to catch up on :sweatingbullets:. Chingus how on earth can I catch up :) waiting waiting for the next ep is super stressful 

wq_org.gif I never got to catch up with the pages here... the thread has a life on it's own which keeps on moving even on weekends LOL. 

• Like 16

Writings.png

I have to re-watch back the episodes to cure 5 days itch before Monday. Then I noticed why didn't they ask the person who (really) wrote Wang Wook's chinese name to write this ritual write ups. The handwriting is what my former teacher will have scolded "messy"! :sweatingbullets:

See... I got too bored while waiting for Monday... And I heard the Happy Monday might not even come thanks to baseball??!!... :tears:

• Like 19

@Ainee Etp Agreed. The scribbling (because that is what it is) for the rain ritual is amateurish, which is a gross oversight seeing it was supposed to be an important event. Wook's penmanship on the other hand is gorgeous, showcased once more in Ep12 when he wrote Hae Soo's name.

Meanwhile we know what Soo's penmanship is like  ... \^0^/, though I imagine it has improved since her time in Damiwon :P 

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Hide contents

According to Chinese sources, King Moo is trying to send his daughter out to Khitan as hostage bride. something like that.

[spoiler/]

@qwenli do you know why CP does this? Is his daughter suppose to get married to WS or is the preview misleading AGAIN? I know CP's daughter isn't WS's first wife so they don't end up getting married but honestly speaking I'd rather him get married to her rather than anyone else. The fact that she's a child rather than a grown a woman wouldn't cause too much friction between WS and HS... I hope. 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, jenzotaku said:

Smh,i feel that this drama isn't gonna be like cversion.I mean cversion felt a bit depressing...and i still have hope that the kversion can have a better ending :) because korean dramas smh manage to do it.... :D 

Hopefully we would have happy ending. I wouldn't mind if it will be in 21st century. Just wish for So -Soo happy ending.

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, jenzotaku said:

Smh,i feel that this drama isn't gonna be like cversion.I mean cversion felt a bit depressing...and i still have hope that the kversion can have a better ending :) because korean dramas smh manage to do it.... :D 

Sometimes kdramas do have bad endings too, depending on the situation, but since this is a preproduced drama, the ending will surely already have been thought carefully. Bad endings usually happen to a live-shot drama. However, the only depressing thing about the c-version was that the 4th prince and ruo xi did not get to talk as ruo xi only cried looking at the 4th prince and the 4th finally left her :bawling: hopefully, if this version will follow closely the ending of the chinese version, I hope at least they will give Ha Jin and the modern 4th prince a chance to interact with each other even if Ha Jin is the only one who remembers about their past. 

• Like 16

12 hours ago, lclarakl said:

This drama, I think, has helped me answer a question about Korean culture that I have never understood--double in-laws taboo; it's consider complicated relationships.  I've never understood the opposition of two sisters marrying men who happened to be brothers or siblings marrying a man or a woman that were once in-laws.  My thought has always been that if they are not related by blood or not an adopted family member (even then I don't hold a hard line), I don't have a problem with two sisters dating two brothers that are not related to them by blood.

In this drama, there are brothers marrying sisters and uncles marrying nieces (if it stays true to history). So it seems the culture shifted from one extreme to another.  However, I will say that I'm pleased to see in dramas more double-in-law relationships are being shown.

In ancient times, when there is no legislation of marriage, inbreeding among the nobility are common. It is not only in Asian countries, but also in the western world.
Even if the royal family was aware of the possible occurrence of defects in the body, they chose to ignore it.
One reason why they do inbreeding is "Inbreeding makes them different."

They assume that they have extraordinary powers and have no environmental / degree equivalent, except the gods. So they must marry within their own circles, like the gods married to fellow gods.

Inbreeding also protects royal assets. Married to fellow members of the family to make sure that a king would share the wealth, honor, and power only with people who are relatives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print/2010/09/tut-dna/dobbs-text

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Hanazumi said:

Yeah or maybe Queen Hwangbo also intentionally made the poison and wanted to use it to frame Queen Yoo but it backfired on her not knowing that Queen Yoo tricked Queen Hwangbo to do so. We never know. This is something that I love the drama had covered. It'll be so much interesting to see Queen Yoo, Lady Oh and Queen Hwangbo go at each other. King Taejo, how did you make all these women love you?

I've noticed that WS-HS love story is very similar to King Taejo-Concubine Oh. I know I'm not the only one because I've read quite a lot about it in the thread. This whole scenario that you just explained reminds me of WS-HS.

I can imagine YH as Queen Yo, perhaps WS's second wife - CP's daughter (I think) as Queen Hwangbo, HS as Concubine Oh and of course WS as King Taejo. Altogether it makes a dirty picture but maybe if HS was to remain in Goryoe forever this might be how things go (?). 

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, liddi said:

@Ainee Etp Agreed. The scribbling (because that is what it is) for the rain ritual is amateurish, which is a gross oversight seeing it was supposed to be an important event. Wook's penmanship on the other hand is gorgeous, showcased once more in Ep12 when he wrote Hae Soo's name.

Meanwhile we know what Soo's penmanship is like  ... \^0^/, though I imagine it has improved since her time in Damiwon :P 

Yes, no doubt she had improved due to the extra tutorial class with Wang Wook. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Seems like the thread is coming back to life again thanks to the kiss pics released and the bts for the upcoming episode.:)Felt like the few days before that the thread was moving a bit slow,no?Continue to keep this thread on fire with opinions,historical facts,mathematical calculations,theories,observations etc.I have been spreading the scarlet heart fever and I'm glad to say 2 of my friends are already infected;) I've convinced my other 4 cousins to watch it though they said they will wait for all the episodes to air first.Continue to spread the fever ppl!:w00t:

Really really really hope the episode airs tmr.I've already spent days and nights looking through this forum and twitter just to satisfy my longing for this drama.:tears:

I'm officially OBSESSED:blink:

Note to self & others(since all of us may be guilty of doing this at least once before):Pls delete pics,gifs and videos in the quote that I/you want to comment on.:D

LOL I think everyone's just dumbfounded at the thought that a baseball game is hindering the SoSoo ship after all that happened and no one can wait for Monday anymore. Everyone's like: "Monday, please be here now."

• Like 18