[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

=======================

Hide contents

CP 's daughter is WS's daughter in another drama Two Weeks...I think WS would not allow CP send his daughter to Khitan as hostage because he had bad experience during his childhood. Hahaha, WS must know that his niece would become his daughter in future...

Edited by LyraYoo
Pls do not quote images
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, jenzotaku said:

wait..

I might be wrong but just a minor correction: I think the 'Zhao' in the preview is actually So, not the girl, because the hanja of his name is 昭 and that is how it is read. Also going by that version of the preview (which I saw in chinese), the person saying it to Hae Soo referred to him as 昭哥, so it's probably one of his younger siblings; maybe Baek Ha?

Edited by LyraYoo
Pls do not quote images
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Isabella Noir said:

I might be wrong but just a minor correction: I think the 'Zhao' in the preview is actually So, not the girl, because the hanja of his name is 昭 and that is how it is read. Also going by that version of the preview (which I saw in chinese), the person saying it to Hae Soo referred to him as 昭哥, so it's probably one of his younger siblings; maybe Baek Ha?

Frankly, I wouldn't even bother posting the "news" from these websites because I always find like 3+ factual mistakes/downright lies and another 3+ translation mistakes. Remember the time when they wrote how SBS wanted to cancel the show? Did they even watch the preview or did they just use Google translate?  If I were the person who published it I would be ashamed of myself, I mean even fans speculations are more correct than this.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, hrkharis said:

In ancient times, when there is no legislation of marriage, inbreeding among the nobility are common. It is not only in Asian countries, but also in the western world.
Even if the royal family was aware of the possible occurrence of defects in the body, they chose to ignore it.
One reason why they do inbreeding is "Inbreeding makes them different."

They assume that they have extraordinary powers and have no environmental / degree equivalent, except the gods. So they must marry within their own circles, like the gods married to fellow gods.

Inbreeding also protects royal assets. Married to fellow members of the family to make sure that a king would share the wealth, honor, and power only with people who are relatives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print/2010/09/tut-dna/dobbs-text

@hrkharis, agree completely. I actually mentioned in another post that it was a practice world wild among royalty.  I actually studied some of this years ago in school, then when watching the drama "Shine or Go Crazy" (which MLSHR is another adaptation of too), I wanted to understand more about Wang So's marriage and some of his concubines.  I read a lot of articles about royalty 'inbreeding practices; It was also their way of preserving their 'royal blood'. In this drama, we know that Yeon Won is Wang So's sister because she calls him "brother", in SOGC it's not so obvious until you realize the man she calls brother also happens to be Wang So's brother and she is also daughter of the king. I wanted a different ending for that drama, but realized I couldn't because it was based on history.  

Please do not read the spoiler if you do not know the history of Wang So, because it could be a spoiler for those who don't.

Spoiler

So in the other drama, the brother sister relationships were there, but not so 'obvious' because Yeon Won didn't live in the palace initially and was later called to the palace; when certain events later happened, family connections weren't  imprinted on the brain--it was all political. In this drama, the relationships are very obvious and I must say a little tabooish for my 21st century mindset.  The sister that obviously likes the 4th prince and wants to marry him with the 3rd prince obviously wanting to be with her is off-putting to say the least.

To be honest, I know why writers don't want to write a love story between Wang so and Yeon Won because it would be too taboo, but I truly believed they loved each other. Unlike his father who had over 25 women (queens and concubines) he slept with and had children by, Wang So only had one queen, Yeon Won, whom he had 5 children with. He also married his niece, but they had no children--not sure even if they had a relationship or if it was purely a political move.  However, there are no other notable women mentioned that I've been able to find.  You don't have 5 children with a woman you don't like and nor did he have other concubines. I think he loved her and she him. However, the subject is just so taboo that I think it may take a while before it's made into a drama or movie.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, jenzotaku said:

wait..

Wvs9u5V.png

vVFQjNr.png

NUJIh2h.png

As much as I would like to have HS-WS happy ending, given the history of Goryeo it seems impossible if SHR sticking to it. But I am contented enough with the fact  that WS have grown into such a character/man that knows the meaning of love and life with the love and relationship he build with Hae Soo.. in addition becoming among the great King to rule Goryeo..

Hae Soo living in Goryeo period has to suffer such a sad and challenging fate. Despite that she has shown the whole palace a different kind of life and the meaning of living and to a certain extend bring some light to the palace..I hope if Hae Soo is transported back, she be able to use her experience to take whatever challenge in the modern world as well as kick some the light out of whoever messing with her and find true love....

• Like 20

9 hours ago, Hanazumi said:

@dears Today was nuts lol. I had work in the morning and when I got home, I studied for an exam. By the time, I got on Soompi, I had to back read and forward read. Can you believe it? I multi-quoted about 50 post...:joy: I like to watch more too but if something comes up in my mind, I'll write something.

That's why I said you're so diligent. :thumbsup:

You must be tired but you still manage to write something. But I guess when you like something, it becomes something to relieve your stress and you don't feel tired at all to do something you like.

While for me, aside from working, I'm just laying around in bed with my laptop, watching dramas then browsing and like some comments, and write short reply or comment.

• Like 16