[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

58 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I actually don't know what to believe anymore because I just read that the 1st special episode was released 27th August but what's confusing is that the 1st episode released 29th August (Source: Wikipedia). I mean I know Wiki isn't the most reliable source in the world but I really don't know who to believe and who not to believe. It also said that the 2nd special was released 7th Sep, so specials have already been released apparently. Are they re-run? I checked on SBS schedule and we don't have any specials showing :(

I think the special episodes are those videos show in youtube, just search special episode ryeo, it doesn't has any behind the scene, there is just a host explaining how korean lives during goryeo era, including why king marrying lots of wife for politic problem, and more.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

Check out @raerst's Tweet:

That screencap look different from onetvasia. can someone recognise from what website schedule it was captured?

6/11 is Sunday. OneTVAsia will air the encore last 2 episode. What is this special episode on Monday 7/11?? OneTVAsia didnt post anything on special epsiode though.

• Like 2

@40somethingahjumma @Rose34 i'm behind you guys all the way! i always agree with your posts ! sometimes i already planned to write something and then i stumble upon your post and say 'oh never mind its posted already' loll. and also there's one user that i feel like i always agree to her/him, the writer of overthingkingkdrama tumblr, i heard she/he is also here in the forum but i forgot the username.. xD but anyways nice to meet you guys in this forum! 

@40somethingahjumma @Rose34 i'm behind you guys all the way! i always agree with your posts ! sometimes i already planned to write something and then i stumble upon your post and say 'oh never mind its posted already' loll. and also there's one user that i feel like i always agree to her/him, the writer of overthingkingkdrama tumblr, i heard she/he is also here in the forum but i forgot the username.. xD but anyways nice to meet you guys in this forum! 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, kiinn said:

I think ONETV is just doing an encore. Disappointed :huh:

lol.. r they really expecting repeat viewership after literally stabbing everyone in the heart ( i don't just mean unfavourable ending.. its just the sadness in the entire two episodes from sec 1.0)

Only a sadist would do that to themselves.. back to back weeks

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, cunyu75moon said:

it is true about the special episodes??

I am asking the same question too. I am afraid that i will be disappointed again.  It will be too much. A week for another week. Maybe that time, i will be seen in the streets, kicking cans while crying! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Thanks @Rose34. You're too kind and very sweet. :lol: Always enjoy hearing from someone else who shares the same views.

Sometimes I think the show was made just for me because I like almost everything about it. Which is quite ironic as it turns out because I didn't like the first episode the first time I saw it. It's so strange how that's turned out because I feel like I've become one of the show's staunchest defenders by virtue of my liking it as much as I do. 

The editing issues have never really fazed me in the way it seems to bother others. In fact, for me it's one of the show's charms that there's ambiguity and no exposition overkill as is the case with many K dramas. It's been such a wonderfully, stimulating journey for me to be following this show. I'd love to go back and watch all the episodes again but that will have to be for my summer holidays in December, which isn't really all that far away.

My firmest opinion is that this show was probably slated to be at least 24 episodes judging from all the editing issues and rumours of deleted scenes. 20 episodes for a sageuk is ridiculous, especially one spanning over three decades. I don't think I've ever watched a sageuk with less than 23 episodes before (aside from The Three Musketeers but that was supposed to be the first of multiple seasons). Almost everyone's been busy gunning the PD and writer for the show's problems but I suspect that the real problem probably lies with the money types.

Thank you too, @LyraYoo... I feel we ought to form a ML minority-who-loved-the-ending club after this. ;)

On hindsight, I love all of it too, the good, the bad, the obvious and the non-obviousness! It leaves your mind open to interpretations and imagination, I feel like I am in Goryeo dynasty watching events unfolding. Lol. I am lucky to be born in the modern world, that was my first reaction when Soo returns back to the modern world.  And like you, I wasn't hooked at the first 3 episodes. The episode 1 with half-clothed princes is the last thing that would entice me to watch a drama! Haha!

But I stay tune because I could sense there is something that meets more than the eyes and that major things will happen later. I was hooked and addicted to a point of no return after episode 10. The emotional rollercoaster is epic. Then I stumble to this thread and reading all the comments made the journey more fun and I come to understand and appreciate the drama more. The journey is worthwhile and indeed "stimulating"!

There is a hidden gem and brilliance in the drama. I can't remember the last time I feel so strongly, attached, invested and immersed to a K-drama. I will remember it for a long time. It becomes one of my all-time favourite and I think I am among the few who feels happy and satisfied with the ending and the drama once I watched the SBS version with subs. Only the few dramas that I can re-watch more than once. 

Like you, I actually thought that it would have been better if they have 24 episodes, thus it allow more room for greater characters developments and for events to unfold without feeling a little rushed or confused. The latter half of the drama is when the story gets more meatier and intense. Indeed, the amount of time period the drama covers can't be compressed into 20 episodes, there is bound to be many cut scenes. The drama covers the 4 early King's reigns of Goryeo dynasty. Of course, they are things that can be improved further but I guess they do what they could. This is the first few big-budget pre-produced drama. Nevertheless I still enjoy it! 

I guess the production and investing companies have exerted some kind of opinions, decisions and demands. I can sense that from having rap songs for a Sageuk drama. Actors and actresses are paid on per episode basis, thus they cut it to save labour costs I guess. Sageuk dramas are generally more expensive to be produced due to the sheer number of people involved. 

Edited by Rose34
  • Like 9

I just finished watching ep. 18. I know I'm late... It's just that I couldn't master the courage to watch the last four episodes for a while. Let me tell you that Hae Soo is not the only one who's slowly and painfully dying for the psycho-physical consequences of this drama...

• Like 6

(Pardon the foul language.I can't cancel that)

2 different accounts tweeted about this.Seems to be from Chinese website?Questions in my head now:

1.Is this website official?

2.What is this 'special episode'?A BTS or Deleted Scenes or Summary?

3.Is there really just 1 special episode?And if so,exactly what time and when is it aired?

4.THE ULTIMATE QN:What does LJK's 'soon' mean?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

I just finished watching ep. 18. I know I'm late... It's just that I couldn't master the courage to watch the last four episodes for a while. Let me tell you that Hae Soo is not the only one who's slowly and painfully dying for the psycho-physical consequences of this drama...

Since I still have to watch the final two episodes, let me tell you something: the script reached a point where I now end hoping (yes, I mean it...) for a sad or an open ending. A happy ending wouldn't make sense anymore, imho, and wouldn't match the mood of the last two/thirds of the drama...

• Like 9

For everyone who is asking about a special episode. Ok, I've gotten it from a site and after slow burning download, I had just finished watching it. If the one I watched is the exact special episode, you might get disappointed.

Spoiler

There's no alternate ending in this special episode. It's a narration of Goryeo history, how Wang Geon has 34 children and 29 wives, life of Goryeo people - and gosh... the narrator's body language feels very Ji Mong :blink:. Then we have some interview of LJG, IU and other cast during the filming and some BTS. :bawling:

• Like 10