[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Park Si Eun (Hae Myung) confirmed in a recent interview that originally she was supposed to appear in three episodes only. Because the early scripts got leaked, the writer had to rework it and her presence was stretched to five episodes.

The episodes we've seen didn't deviate that much from the leaked scripts except for the pace and minor details. In fact, what we saw still lacked some key scenes like the beginning of So-Baek bond and So-Soo nightmare/stone pile scene that were only partially added in the director's cut or Korean version later on. The one thing that truly did change was the mask kiss scene that went by in less than the blink of an eye.

So my conclusion is that the writer started out with her own story of Scarlet Heart that only took some inspiration from the Chinese BBJX, but ran out of creative juice in the middle and just resorted to stretching out the early episodes for the first half of MLSHR (what was 4 episodes in the leaked scripts became over 8 episodes in the end) and then blindly copying and pasting elements from the C-version while also filling the rest with history. That's why we see such an inconsistent, choppy result at the end with random tidbits of history thrown in like Baek-Ah and Bok Soon. What a shame. 

• Like 19

On 11/2/2016 at 3:27 PM, keiko9 said:

Hi there,

I have a few things to say

- remember when WS said he wanted a kid with HS? well, I guess he got his wish. lol (even though he can't raise the child as his own)

- if they were giving us a scene where WS see his daughter for the first time, then at least make him more emotional when he realize that the little girl was his and HS daughter. I'm 99% certain that WS knows that it's his daughter. also, can't they at least let us know the little girl name and age.

- in the chinese version Ruoxi has a miscarriage when she found out she was the cause of the princes conflict because she warned 8th prince to be careful of 4th prince. However, when Hae Su realized she was to blame, she didn't collapse or fainted. I'm pretty sure HS knows that she was pregnant at that time because when she married the 14th prince Jung, she must be 2-3 month pregnant already. Anyway,  I'm glad HS didn't have the miscarriage and gave birth to her daughter safety.

- I might be in the minority on this but I quite like the open ending for this drama. Of course, it's not a happy ending but I didn't expect it to be because it was an adaption from the chinese novel and I know how sad it is. But as I watch the episodes and read the comments in this forum, I keep thinking to myself  "they say it's an adaption of the novel, but the story of our OTP is very different. I hope they will come up with a different ending for our pairing as well." I didn't get my wish exactly, but I can live with that.

- To be honest, I never experience such a great depression after watching a drama. This is the first time for me. From the beginning, I knew the ending can't be good because it was an adaption of the novel, and so I try to enjoy all of the happy going moments and cherish all of Wang So and Hae Su interaction, not just their romantic time, all of the time when they were seen together even before they become a couple. 

- For the last 2 months, I was obsess with Moon Lovers. I would read other people analysis and comments. Wang So character was so complex that I can't fully understand him without reading the detail analysis. Thank you for that. It's not my first time watching an anti-hero, but there is something about Wang So character that really intrigued me (maybe it's the mask lol), especially his love for Hae Su. Plus the actor LJK really brought the character to life. He was awesome.

- my major complain about this drama are the poor pacing and editing. I mean, if the drama was pre-produced, I would think they should have known better. there's only 20 episodes and they spend episode 1-11 as a normal/slow pace, while episode 17-20 was super fast pace. No matter how much I love Moon Lovers, I still feel that the ending was too rushed. It's too bad the drama couldn't have more than 20 episodes. Maybe if they have 2 or more episodes, then the flow of the drama towards the end would be this bad. I hope they learn a lesson from this and do better next time.

- Overall, I enjoy watching Moon Lovers. It is a epic love story that I will remember and rewatch many time even after it's done airing. 

OMG, I feel you!!!!

I also can't really understand wang so thought, sometimes he is just become pitiful, sometimes want to protect everyone, sometimes childish of wanting affection, sometimes willing to die for soo, sometimes get jealous over small matter, sometimes killing people like psyco.

I also think that 1-10 episodes was super  SUPER SLOW, and I even skip some part, and suddenly from episode 17-20 everything just happened in a flash (wang so become king, sosoo scene, marrying yeonhwa, punishing wang wook, woe hee died, worsen with hae soo and baek ah, hae soo leave the palace, misunderstand hae soo and wang jung relationship, hae soo pregnant, hae soo giving birth, died and return to future)

HOW CAN ALL THESE SCENES JUST HAPPEN IN 3 EPISODES!!!

If they cut what happened from ep 1-10 to less episodes, and Wang So become king earlier I think the rating won't be so low. I just feel it's such a waste for a good drama with such ridiculous rating.

And before SH aired, actually I loved Moonlight but it just have a strong beginning but get bored in the end and I just stopped watch after episode 14 or what. Don't get me wrong, I love angel Bogum too, but I just think it's unfair that Moonlight win on rating just because of Park Bogum popularity, and korean just hate IU.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, pauexclusive said:

I accidentally posted this in K2 i don't know how the hell i got in there and someone quoted me "Wrong thread dear" LMAO :w00t: richard simmons that was embarrassing! 

Muahahah!! You must be very emotional unstable for makin such mistake :grin:

• Like 7

I know I'm late because of some matters, but I still have so many questions:

1. So did Hae Soo actually change the history?? according to last scene, Gwang Jeong painting written he was a wise king (if i'm not wrong) instead of bloody king that Hae Soo's vision appear before. So does it mean that Gwang Jeong supposed to be a bloody king, and Hae Soo changed it?

2. Why the Ji Mong from episode 1 and last episode was different?? on ep 1 Ji Mong was like a homeless man, while it changes at the final. Is Hae Soo actually didn't return to her "present time" but actually return to another parallel/timeline where the history was different?

OMG I need to solve all questions, since I can't sleep because of all questions in the drama in my mind for the past 2 days, I just sleep for 3 hours and wake up, and stalk their instagram, watching their video and listening to their ost. YES I KNOW I'M SILLY JUST MESSING MY LIFE BECAUSE OF A DRAMA.

13 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

=============

Is it real???? Where can I watch it???? Stressssss (gary mode)

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Park Si Eun (Hae Myung) confirmed in a recent interview that originally she was supposed to appear in three episodes only. Because the early scripts got leaked, the writer had to rework it and her presence was stretched to five episodes.

The episodes we've seen didn't deviate that much from the leaked scripts except for the pace and minor details. In fact, what we saw still lacked some key scenes like the beginning of So-Baek bond and So-Soo nightmare/stone pile scene that were only partially added in the director's cut or Korean version later on. The one thing that truly did change was the mask kiss scene that went by in less than the blink of an eye.

So my conclusion is that the writer started out with her own story of Scarlet Heart that only took some inspiration from the Chinese BBJX, but ran out of creative juice in the middle and just resorted to stretching out the early episodes for the first half of MLSHR (what was 4 episodes in the leaked scripts became over 8 episodes in the end) and then blindly copying and pasting elements from the C-version while also filling the rest with history. That's why we see such an inconsistent, choppy result at the end with random tidbits of history thrown in like Baek-Ah and Bok Soon. What a shame. 

Whoaaa.... Seriously???

Just reading your post makes me mad. What makes the writer (her name is: Jo Yoon Young?) go for that decision (stretch from 4 to 8 episodes) ???

Is it true that she is non-experienced scriptwriter? But still, she should've been discussed the story with producers, and director. 

I don't know what to say anymore. Just speechless. Such a mess. :( 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, hobeverly1212 said:

thrs a 2-ep special on Nov 6?

I actually don't know what to believe anymore because I just read that the 1st special episode was released 27th August but what's confusing is that the 1st episode released 29th August (Source: Wikipedia). I mean I know Wiki isn't the most reliable source in the world but I really don't know who to believe and who not to believe. It also said that the 2nd special was released 7th Sep, so specials have already been released apparently. Are they re-run? I checked on SBS schedule and we don't have any specials showing :(

• Like 3

i think its the boon of the horrible ending..

Earlier I was dreading the day ML would end - how I would cope up. I was so sure that it would be like true love heartbreak  where I would turn into a zombie - no eating, sleeping and just real deep sadness..

But I'm faring quite well:)

Completed an application in an hour, which I started On Oct 1.. (Damn ML) .. had a nice deep sound sleep, and woke up to worry about food (instead of getting all mopy over the ex boyfriend feel .. lol)

Ya weird mercies of the brain!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

OMG, I feel you!!!!

I also can't really understand wang so thought, sometimes he is just become pitiful, sometimes want to protect everyone, sometimes childish of wanting affection, sometimes willing to die for soo, sometimes get jealous over small matter, sometimes killing people like psyco.

I also think that 1-10 episodes was super  SUPER SLOW, and I even skip some part, and suddenly from episode 17-20 everything just happened in a flash (wang so become king, sosoo scene, marrying yeonhwa, punishing wang wook, woe hee died, worsen with hae soo and baek ah, hae soo leave the palace, misunderstand hae soo and wang jung relationship, hae soo pregnant, hae soo giving birth, died and return to future)

HOW CAN ALL THESE SCENES JUST HAPPEN IN 3 EPISODES!!!

If they cut what happened from ep 1-10 to less episodes, and Wang So become king earlier I think the rating won't be so low. I just feel it's such a waste for a good drama with such ridiculous rating.

And before SH aired, actually I loved Moonlight but it just have a strong beginning but get bored in the end and I just stopped watch after episode 14 or what. Don't get me wrong, I love angel Bogum too, but I just think it's unfair that Moonlight win on rating just because of Park Bogum popularity, and korean just hate IU.

lol..me too.. still have to watch last 4 episodes.. but really don't have the motivation too.. its liek i don't care..

despite loving PBG..

I think i left the ending episodes of a lot of series once i saw 1-2-3 of ML at a stretch on 29-30 aug

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, isengdoang said:

Is it true??? Or they just airing BTS???????

Finally we'll get our closure...

Although i still love the ending just what it is

Seriously, I'm not sure. I think the episode is BTS but when the casts mentioned abt the deleted scene, I become more confused. :wub:

3 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol..me too.. still have to watch last 4 episodes.. but really don't have the motivation too.. its liek i don't care..

despite loving PBG..

I think i left the ending episodes of a lot of series once i saw 1-2-3 of ML at a stretch on 29-30 aug

I completely abandoned Moonlight Lover after episode 8 coz I think Hong Ra On's character was too weak and reckless. Thus, I invested my time & emotion on MLSHR. 

2 minutes ago, kiinn said:

Please don't tell me the so-called special episodes are just cut-out of existing flashbacks. I'm having a serious trust issues here towards korean channel.

Same here. I'll be very richard simmons if they air that part. 

• Like 9