[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Although I was crying so hard for this drama, but there are some scenes i think that doesn't make sense

When Hae Soo walked to see the paintings, I wonder why they also put where Hae Soo and Wang Wook and some others paint too.

When it comes for the king painting and the some event paint are acceptable, but how others scene also transform into painting too??

Are they cut any scene of where the King realize how much Hae Soo loves him? Because they didn't show those paper which Hae Soo copying his writing which i think is a really important scene (It's the saddest part in chinese version)

But in korean version, the saddest part is when Hae Soo look at the King back view painting, and it's T.T. I think IU did a good job in crying scene.

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, ladywhiskers said:

Just to share, 

If i am not mistaked, in his later time before he passed away, GJ seems to redeem himself and built temples. 

If this is right, maybe after he met his daughter he had a turn point. 

We can see from his face that he finally really understand the main reason why HS left the palace. He kept blaming others and didn't trust anyone even his wife and son until he met his daughter. It feels like HS is back with him again.

It is the right time and right place when he found out about his daughter. He is wiser and older, and he can see that Jung took a very good care of his daughter. To take away her daughter means that he put his daughter in the same position as HS. 

Still though the worst editing ever goes to this.drama . Sigh

Agree! Well since GJ released Jung from his exile, he asked him to visit him every now and then (most likely so that he can see his daughter). Ah…this thought is making me tear up! I think I need Dr. Stranges powers and do something to this drama. 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, ladywhiskers said:

Just to share, 

If i am not mistaked, in his later time before he passed away, GJ seems to redeem himself and built temples. 

If this is right, maybe after he met his daughter he had a turn point. 

We can see from his face that he finally really understand the main reason why HS left the palace. He kept blaming others and didn't trust anyone even his wife and son until he met his daughter. It feels like HS is back with him again.

It is the right time and right place when he found out about his daughter. He is wiser and older, and he can see that Jung took a very good care of his daughter. To take away her daughter means that he put his daughter in the same position as HS. 

Still though the worst editing ever goes to this.drama . Sigh

Is it shown in sbs version?

• Like 6

I can't help but imagine what the viewers reaction would be if wang so soul got transported during the eclipse in his 21st century look alike. It could be possible as gwangjong died in the year of the eclipse which can be twisted meaning he died cause his soul went ahead 1000 yrs to find has soo in which he succeeds. I really hate the word IF.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

Why do I feel the buzz for the drama will continue even when the dramas end? 

Can I point out again that the OSTs are flawless! BUT I really can't listen to Im Sun Hae's song. It is so sad, depressing, haunting yet beautiful. All the death scenes uses that. Ugh.

The newer actors and actresses' acting really improves over time, as the drama progresses. Their acting is the best at their final episode or at the latter end of the drama. I guess at that time they get the hang of the character and the camaraderie between the casts really improves. From the BTS, I can see that the cast has close working relationship. Love it! 

Despite the initial domestic backlashes and lower than expected ratings, the drama definitely has great hype, attention and buzz surrounding it. I think this is a unique kind of drama to Koreans...IU says this in the Vlive interview. The casts receive more attention. They should strike it when the iron is hot! 

I also think that their acting improved so much. I think the only awkward acting is only during earlier episode, and I don't know it's the bad acting or the director ask for them to act like that. And for me IU really did a great job EXCEPT the shock expression.

I wonder what is the most viewed drama in Youku, since Uncontrallbly Fond even hit 3 milion, and think I Scarlet Heart is so much better than UF.

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

Although I was crying so hard for this drama, but there are some scenes i think that doesn't make sense

When Hae Soo walked to see the paintings, I wonder why they also put where Hae Soo and Wang Wook and some others paint too.

When it comes for the king painting and the some event paint are acceptable, but how others scene also transform into painting too??

Are they cut any scene of where the King realize how much Hae Soo loves him? Because they didn't show those paper which Hae Soo copying his writing which i think is a really important scene (It's the saddest part in chinese version)

But in korean version, the saddest part is when Hae Soo look at the King back view painting, and it's T.T. I think IU did a good job in crying scene.

Yup even tho I am bit confused about the drawing but the acting here is superb. I can still her crying and saying sorry to her love right now in my head while I sit on my chair quietly feeling nothing but empty. I feel like I just got kissed by Dementor. Empty shell. 

THE AFTER EFFECT IS TOO STRONG

• Like 22

@antoniaclamens The international version is available on OneTV Asia, Dramafever or Youku. I believe OneTV Asia has repeats today, and the weekend as well.

@KdramaSwimmer The Vapp link shows Ep19 BTS of So lashing out at Soo, and LJG's last filming, followed by the 2 amigos' grand entrance :) The English subs were provided by @riuenu.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/16350

• Like 14

I have so many questions!! Anybody know the answer?

1. Did Wang So know that the girl is his daughter?

2. Whose child is the girl named Bok Soon? Is she really Wook daughter? If yes, who is the mother?

3. Are there other version that show Hae Soo and Wang So meet again?

4. Where can we watch the scene that cut from sbs?

5. I remembered there is a scene where they "burn" Hae Soo body after she died, or am I wrong?

5. So in history, Gwang Joong is really remembered as a bloody king?

6. Why the keep mention the book Gwang Jeong read? What is the book role?

7. I also don't really understand why Wo Hee suicide?

8. How much part of this drama is same is as history?

• Like 4

There is one thing I find amazed, though after watching ep 20.

Wook and Won grew the beard but our King GJ and Baek Ah still look so young like never age in the 20 years reign of GJ. I really think GJ is a vampire. Wahahahahaha And he will stay alive to find Soo. Don't need to transport through eclipse. Maybe he will bring Baek Ah along and find Woo Hee along the way? Ok now I got over the withdrawal symptom and all the weird theories are coming to my head.

• Like 19

• Chinese viewers on FB are ranting the same issue:  Ending is #X$%&??!! 

Sequel? The jury is still out. 

HS:  " How great would it be if we had met in another world & time. I needn't fear anything. I can freely love you all I want." 

WS:  "If you & I are in different worlds, I will come look for you". 

They definitely left the door open because MLSHR unexpectedly brings to light a larger base to be reckon with - the international audience, specifically the wider Chinese-speaking market. I'm mean no offense but they really do have bigger commercial impact on decision making. 

I suppose a sequel isn't impossible but it's a tall order and you probably won't see it next year: 

• How do you balance between die-hard fans and their memories of & reference to MLSHR while not isolating new viewers who have no such impression. 
  • At least half of the original cast will have to be present because they've grown on us. 
  • The plot has to be relevant & plausible in the 21st century. 
  • There's no more throne to fight for, so then what -- the control of a chaebol? Sounds too much like C-BBJX sequel.
  • For the script-writer, it could be career-making or career-breaking, so tread carefully -- it cannot be rushed or it will end up like C-BBJX sequel, a total wreck. AND YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH US, THE ECLIPSES!
  • It will need its own unique twists & plots, otherwise you might as well re-watch MLSHR.
  • It needs a new director & script-writer, for sure.  MLSHR needs to win best makeup award -- if there is one. The director made sure of that.

*  Out of curiosity, I watched the C-BBJX Sequel on Youtube -- 10 episodes in full, remaining 13 furiously pressing on fast forward. I'll have what WS had please -- that 3 glasses of chrysanthemum tea laced with poison -- double the poison. Geez. It was that bad!

Did I say NO SEQUELS in my previous posts? I might be eating my words.

• Like 18

Okay after mustering up the courage to watch episode 20 with subs, I can safely say that I appreciate the ending a bit more than yesterday (haha sorry for the previous outburst guys I should never livestream any other Korean drama ever again). I swear it's not good for my heart. ghost-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862505

The dialogue - that I did not have access to yesterday -  provides some closure, which I am satisfied in that sense. I guess the openness of the ending is as open as interpreting the concept of Buddhist reincarnation. Once again, I'm not here to preach about Buddhism but reincarnation is the only hope I'm holding on to right now judging by some of the scenes in the later half of the episode. While the protagonists have suffered in their previous lives, the karma they send to the world will give them another opportunity to re-invent themselves.

Afterall, the cycle of reincarnation - samsara - is a painful one. Rebirth, disease, old-age and death...not to mention that intermediate state of mind between death and rebirth. Over and over again. Consciousness is present in all life forms, and it carries over to the next destination after death. What is interesting to note is that the precise nature of the new body is determined by the state of mind at death and is specifically influenced by (1) the person's desires and (2) her/his karma. I'll let you connect the dots on your own with regards to our OTP, why they took 1000 years as well as other ships in our story. 

However, from a narrative perspective I still wish that there were more episodes for the ending. Maybe I'm just being greedy but I want to see how each character arrives at their destination instead of just skimming it over. I'm so emotionally invested in each character, I just wish that their on-screen time would give them some justice. For example, what happens to GHJ during that year. Her ex? Debt? Maybe we can also have a better indication of why GHJ was transported back to the past. So does she alter history into the history we know today? I mean Jimong is there and GHJ suddenly remembers her time travel. It doesn't hurt to hint that her remembering has some sort of implication because "nothing is a coincidence". If they showed an eclipse at the end of So's monologue, I think it would have a greater impact...But that's just my opinion. I'm not a director. Nevertheless, I do appreciate the drama's ability to make us dig deep and think. However, at times I do wish that they spoon feed us with enough storytelling instead of making us assume every single time. 

That being said, I honestly need a director's cut DVD if they are not going to give us special episodes. Either way, I sincerely thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart for all your awesome and meaningful insights. You've made my viewing experience of SHR a wonderful and memorable journey. I might not be as active as I am now in other threads, but like the open ending of our star-crossed lovers, may our paths cross again. 

giphy.gif

• Like 19

Waking up ... I can rely on @antiherofans Dementor feeling ... strange ...empty ... just a drama ... still ... *sniff*

I woke up thinking "Why didn't Jung write "from HaeSoo" on the letter ... but would GJ not have thought "he uses her name to get complains in"?
Why did BA never visit? He was her friend and drinking buddy ... he could have reported, even thought GJ didn't want any reports

Way to many questions

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

I have so many questions!! Anybody know the answer?

1. Did Wang So know that the girl is his daughter?

2. Whose child is the girl named Bok Soon? Is she really Wook daughter? If yes, who is the mother?

3. Are there other version that show Hae Soo and Wang So meet again?

4. Where can we watch the scene that cut from sbs?

5. I remembered there is a scene where they "burn" Hae Soo body after she died, or am I wrong?

5. So in history, Gwang Joong is really remembered as a bloody king?

6. Why the keep mention the book Gwang Jeong read? What is the book role?

7. I also don't really understand why Wo Hee suicide?

8. How much part of this drama is same is as history?

1. He did recognize her as his daughter

2. BokSoon is Wooks daughter, whoever is the mother, not mentioned or relevat in the drama

3. not that I am aware of (hope on 1-2 sepcials)

4. if ever they release a DVD

5. it was Lady Hae, the cousin of HaeSoo they burnt in the beginning

5. ???

6. seams to be a book like an instruction to be a good and firm ruler

7. me neither

8. most characters are ... a few hints are found on wikipedia ;)

• Like 9