[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

15 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

I am going  to sleep and dream of Wang So And Haee Soo  

no trust me i will dream about them as well ...just until i know how they are going to end...tomorrow  i shall free myself of this habit...also,i love your sailor moon gif ..that used to be my show..i guess the pokemon go of the day...i'm not even sure what kids watch these days ...

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

1) Why is HS so cruel to WS??

Because he refuses to let her go. This isn't healthy. Their relationship is more than dead. He's married to two different women for gods sake. Not to mention, he wants her to have a kid? Clearly, dude does not know about her real health issues or he wouldn't have brought up the child at all. He needs to let her go so she can live outside of the palace. He's being selfish here, because he's desperate to hold on to her, without a thought to how she's actually faring, mentally or physically. How many times have we seen her keel over with stress and pain now? I think the show purposefully avoids the moment where WS sees that HS is really ill (other than the fainting with CR but WS seemed to dismiss it really quickly), for probably the tragic reveal. WS has massive abandonment issues. Is it romantic to have someone with abandonment issues desperately hold on to a relationship that's done? Nope nope nope. 

2) Why do I hate HS??!!

Idk really. Systematic internalized misogyny? No matter how much you hate HS, WS will always love her and that is a bitter pill for viewers who can't get behind a female character who decides her own fate away from her clearly destructive romantic partner. I blame the show's lack of perspective for HS so that we understand her motives more.

3) Why is Wang So's pain so much more real than HS's pain? (i.e. why you dgf about HS)

Because he has been given endless chances to explain himself. His perspective. His injuries, his vulnerabilities. HS has not. Bad PD! Bad Writer!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!

Had some time to calm down and rewatch ep 19 SBS version - not too different from the international version that will change the tone of the episode. I will just try to explain Soo's motive...so that I can still root for the OTP in ep 20! 

Soo tried to explain to So - that she wanted to leave before the love changed completely to resentment and hatred. The vision in front of her is simply LEAVE because she is out of breath and tired. She cannot protect anyone..she can barely protect herself from going crazy.   

Soo loves So but GJ - not so much. Add on the suffocating palace, Yeon Hwa, politics and reminders of death in every corner - it is hard to stay on just for love - and live only for him. Her guilt for changing history is beyond his comprehension and he wouldn't have known. He has never seen her clutch her chest in pain - he only tells her to rest and forget about everything...be his precious doll. She is precious to him and vice versa but this is warp love. GJ's definition of love is self centred - you are mine, I need you here, I will not let you go, I will not allow it...

Letting go is sometimes the best way to love a person. Not all love will end with marriage and children. Not all marry the love of their life. 

Soo took herself out of the relationship. Very cruelly. But the time apart allows her to still her heart and recognise that the love she had for So was not in vain and that it was real. She loved him then, she loves him now and forever. The most memorable love is always the one you had once but couldn't protect or keep. 

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, cheese79 said:

Don't worry chingu. Neither do I. I wasn't taking any side. That why I said that I understand both of them because they have their own reasons

I understood what you mean it and I agree. I think when people take sides and it happens a situation like this, some tend to criticize the flaws of another character to find a understandable reason for all the suffering. Some feel more sympathy for Wang So because he suffered the rejection of his mother from childhood and it has gone through other difficult things, but neither for Hae Soo was easy live in era completely different of which she belongs. Yes, she has had its faults, she is not perfect, but she is not the person to blame for everything bad that has happened in the story.

• Like 11

Watching the ep 20 preview... and I went NOOOOOOOO!!!!

NOT THE SAME ENDING!!!

But somehow, I feel all this should wrap up in the first 30 min. The preview basically give us the ending of Goryeo. Leaving us to cry. But the different between C version and K version. Yongzheng died just a few years after Ruoxi. His reign was short but Gwangjong has a long reign. Yong Zheng has the 13th prince's daughter to keep him company for a few years when 13th prince's health turned bad but in kdrama, we don't have it here. It made me think that because Wang So since the beginning has a strong desire to live on thus knowing that Soo loved him is a closure to him and he decided to live on and be a king who will ensure Goryeo would be strong. He did base on Tang Taizhong's reading to build a strong dynasty during his reign which sadly was half destroyed by those who took over him. Maybe that why the book show. While C version 4th prince is the opposite. His health deteriorated. I can feel a different already

While for Soo, maybe Gwangjong never come and send her off to the afterlife is her greatest regret. A lesson to teach her. I hated Soo for ep 19. For how happy she was to leave the palace but I think in ep 20, she wished she took up all the chances Wang So gave her. She missed the 4th prince who wore the mask as seen on her drawing. She can draw Wang So without the mask but I think she realized she has started falling in love with the wolf-dog before his transformation. What a reality? Only in her near death did she missed those happy times and light talks she had with the prince that everyone disliked. I think she is punished enough through the death that all she left is regret.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!

Had some time to calm down and rewatch ep 19 SBS version - not too different from the international version that will change the tone of the episode. I will just try to explain Soo's motive...so that I can still root for the OTP in ep 20! 

Soo tried to explain to So - that she wanted to leave before the love changed completely to resentment and hatred. The vision in front of her is simply LEAVE because she is out of breath and tired. She cannot protect anyone..she can barely protect herself from going crazy.   

Soo loves So but GJ - not so much. Add on the suffocating palace, Yeon Hwa, politics and reminders of death in every corner - it is hard to stay on just for love - and live only for him. Her guilt for changing history is beyond his comprehension and he wouldn't have known. He has never seen her clutch her chest in pain - he only tells her to rest and forget about everything...be his precious doll. She is precious to him and vice versa but this is warp love. GJ's definition of love is self centred - you are mine, I need you here, I will not let you go, I will not allow it...

Letting go is sometimes the best way to love a person. Not all love will end with marriage and children. Not all marry the love of their life. 

Soo took herself out of the relationship. Very cruelly. But the time apart allows her to still her heart and recognise that the love she had for So was not in vain and that it was real. She loved him then, she loves him now and forever. The most memorable love is always the one you had once but couldn't protect or keep. 

this is "THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY" kind of love to me

the kind of love you will always remember even if you are married to someone else

the "what if" kind of love

• Like 8

The preview. I just can't accept the fact that Hae Soo gets to smile while Wang So is miserable. I know she suffers too, and probably I'm saying this because I'm already prejudiced towards HS after last night's episode. Well, HS is prejudiced as well towards WS. She keeps on assuming the worst in him and i can't get over the fact that she told WS that she hates him. 

At the end of the day, all I want is for WS to be happy. If only the writer has made Yeon Hwa's character favorable and pleasant, then it would give me peace of mind that WS is indeed in good hands. But, oh well. I'm just so affected. 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I think after MLSHR, LJK will only do rom-com for a while. There is no way he would want to deal with 600 crying women (and men?) at the same time again :lol:. Can you feel our pain because of you, LJK?

LOL, I can only imagine :lol:

LOLL yes, rom-com please. We need him smiling, A LOT!

I'm not familiar with all of his projects, I have only watched : The King and the Clown, Iljimae, Joseon Gunman ( halfway), Never Said Goodbye. Is the man a sadist, or what? :sweatingbullets: All his women / parents / friends either died / betrayed / couldn't be together with him

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, kiinn said:

LOLL yes, rom-com please. We need him smiling, A LOT!

I'm not familiar with all of his projects, I have only watched : The King and the Clown, Iljimae, Joseon Gunman ( halfway), Never Said Goodbye. Is the man a sadist, or what? :sweatingbullets: All his women / parents / friends either died / betrayed / couldn't be together with him

I don't know.  Maybe he just like to see his fans cry for him. Thus the fan meeting to watch MLSHR ending.

He will enjoy all the tears :lol:

• Like 10

7 hours ago, may6 said:

i know i can't keep up with both ...together they make better sense of the scene...and on that same note,I'm happy to know that i was not the only disappointed by the lack of feeling on HS part...I know she is expected to share a  last drink  with BA and  a last talk with WW ; but  come on  girl..the love of your life just left you ...he is letting you go...supposedly you won't be seeing each other (ever again) and you look so happy to part ways...i need her to emote more of a dejected and  grief stricken  feeling ...follow with a brief  desolation in acceptance ...not a shy smile...the actress playing lady oh did better...she was convincing on her love and her goodbyes... especially the last look she gave to taejo...  i felt the sadness in her life experience when she was  looking at the palace...they should have used more of those fake tears ...so HS would look more devastated...like it was actually happening ...she is leaving ...not necessarily cry a river ...but just  more emotion on her part here....then again she didn't even look  that sad when WS let go of her hand...I don't know ...i for once wanted more tears ...so i can  compromise myself  to her cause of how hard it was to leave him...:tears::tears:

True, Wang So was crying his heart out while she's doing 'richard simmons this richard simmons' with BA. Wook even pulled out a better closure than them.

I calmed down a little bit after watching the SBS version. *pulling hairs*

I was so desperate watching this richard simmons going around WS, HS, and BA, I even forgot about YH and Won. Now, I don't care anymore about getting revenge or whatnot, I prefer the final is dedicated only for WS and HS to redeem this richard simmons. Girl, you better suffer a lot or I won't forgive you, sorry *cough*, I mean the director.

• Like 7

Greeting from all the cast...for getting us to watch the last episode...I guess....

As usual...I just to dropping by and share the information will run...

[메이킹] 차라리 만나지 말 것을...그러면 이토록 그리울 일도 없었을텐데..아쉬운 마지막 인사!

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000009610&pgm_build_id=&pgm_mnu_id=44104&contNo=22000203868

오늘 마음 단단히 먹으세요...
난 '달의 연인' 마지막 회를 절대로 놓치지 않는다...

끝난다는 게 믿기지 않는 이 현실...
아무래도 깊은 여운이 남을 것 같습니다.

그동안 '달의 연인, 보보경심 려'를 사랑해주신
시청자 여러분, 감사드립니다.

오늘 밤, 마지막 이야기까지 지켜봐주세요!

*Edit*

Another alternate link is from naver tv...

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1210992

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

this is "THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY" kind of love to me

the kind of love you will always remember even if you are married to someone else

the "what if" kind of love

Yes - you are right. The one that could have been, should have been, would have been. Doesn't mean one cannot be happy. I - for one - didn't marry the love of my life but married the one who loves me most. Life is much better off without being toxic to each other - it is a conscious choice that one makes in order to continue living. Guess this is 21st century love. :)

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I don't know.  Maybe he just like to see his fans cry for him. Thus the fan meeting to watch MLSHR ending.

He will enjoy all the tears :lol:

Imagine him laughing like crazy while all the girls are crying haha. Priceless. 

• Like 20

Why a Royal Portrait?

A hint that HS would return to the 21st century? She would wake up from a coma & wonders if it's all a dream? Her quest would lead her to a museum with that portrait of King So?

Just wondering … 

"不要让思念伤了身体"  ~  Don't let missing & longing (for a person) hurt your health.
HS says to BA as she bids him farewell. Poor HS … so easy to say, not easy to follow.

Which then should HS die of ?
(1)  The heart that is heavy b'cos she stays & sees the kind man she loves has become ruthless in her eyes, OR
(2)  The heart that is empty b'cos she leaves the man she loves & misses him dearly

A Curious Discrepancy: 

RX (C version HS) says -- " the person who stole her soul … "

C-BBJX: isn't the King, but the 4th-Prince

Book-BBJX:isn't the King or 4th-Prince, simply a man call YZ 

I personally feel the book's version is more genuine & heart-rending. Which one will MLSHR follow?

Jealousy & Betrayal:

I've always been pretty mule-headed that Jealousy should not be the only reason that WS would give up on HS -- Betrayal too (Re: Beware of the 4-th Prince!)  Otherwise it would be as lame as the reason HS wants to leave the palace (CR's death).

Ultimately, Wook's confession (why didn't they show it?) led WS to believe that HS's relationship with him is all a lie -- she never loved him; she's always just love Wook.

And of all people Wook -- WS knows that he plotted & planned, plays both a direct & indirect role in the sinister happenings & deaths. 

I got my Betrayal.

In Defence of Wook - It's Family:

A friend once told me of a question asked to a beauty pageant contestant:  "You can only save one of two that are drowning -- your mother or husband; Which one and why?"

Wook's answer to this question would be: "Mother" i.e. family. 

Let's not be too harsh on Wook. In the poisoning incident, he chose to protect his sister over HS (whether YH deserves it or not is another matter.) When he learnt that Eun is killed, he clenched his fist. When his mother confronted him, he said he would never have abandoned his family.

His sister betrayed him & still when she came begging for help, he went to confess to WS of his relationship with HS (perhaps in part to return the favor to HS too). He was right to tell HS to forget the princes and her life there -- they had ALL caused her pain, in some ways or another. It's so unfair to bash Wook through & through.

Sometimes I feel the Korean production is too keen on protecting the finale that they would pack so much into the last 2 episodes, thus leaving our heads swirling & our brains turning to mush.  Worse, in that rush, they muck up the ending … DOTS was kind of like that to me.

But still, it's not over till it's over. I'm still hopeful that it will end to our satisfaction -- fingers crossed.

• Like 21

Due to all the sad episodes, I went back to watch all the BTS and IV's because frankly JoonU BTS/IV give me more happiness than this show will ever :D:sweatingbullets:

And I realized, the actors specifically LJG and IU, had warned us beforehand about their characters and the ultimate end. Unlike the writer/pd/promoter/whoever that kept harping on about their EPIC love story, I saw that LJG repeatedly mentioned how obsessive his character becomes about HS and how unusual their romance will be whereas IU said that the love story is real, their relationship is real because their characters fight, make mistakes, have miscommunications like any normal couple and it isn't perfect. If only the PD also promoted the story more as an intense love affair between two dysfunctional characters than some epic love story then I feel many might not have been that disappointed in what we got in the name of epic star crossed lovers. Because the only reason these two are star crossed for me is because of themselves rather than their circumstances.

• Like 22