[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Having drop other weekday drama, I spent more time in the forum reading the comments, analysis and the gift from member. And since people talk a lot about the C version, I decide to do the marathon. 

If I want to compare, it is like two similar house with different setting. Even they share same story plot and even has same scene, it deliver different feeling and vibe. For example the cloak cover in the rain, It do not share the same story line. I don't know if I am making any sense, but I believe even though BBJX and MLSHR share same adaptation from a novel, there are two different story by they own right.

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I can be silence.. Challenge is excepted. Eventhough it would be hard because of his dark heavy eyes. I like 'Cold Wook' better than the 'Warm Wook'. We'll be testing every move that was ever written in the world. Haha.. 

For clothes, I like him with the dark green dress he'll be wearing or his dark purple. But I like with clothes on eventhough it will take time to off it from him. But that's the challange. The real Wook takes time to be understand too. 

But testing the table is not a bad idea. I want to test the bath hole too..

i bet you will be love the unusual testing move ahahaha...

i like his last ep purple dress.. and since you like challenge, i think you like to chase him around library while detach his clothes one layer.. one layer...until the last one layer. 

you can't go tho the cave... too much candle there, you can burn in HOT fire there :phew:

• Like 6

I'm really terrified about the ending. I hope show does not take splash splash love route. I don't want So's doppelganger to end up with Suu in modern time lol. It would be outright wrong if that's the ending we're going to get. But anyway does So really marry YH in future? I hope not! To think there's only 10 episodes left and the path is so adverse and full of conflicts for these two. And I remember the original Chinese drama had about 30 episodes right. So I wonder why the Korean version is ten episodes short.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, wiha said:

Having drop other weekday drama, I spent more time in the forum reading the comments, analysis and the gift from member. And since people talk a lot about the C version, I decide to do the marathon. 

If I want to compare, it is like two similar house with different setting. Even they share same story plot and even has same scene, it deliver different feeling and vibe. For example the cloak cover in the rain, It do not share the same story line. I don't know if I am making any sense, but I believe even though BBJX and MLSHR share same adaptation from a novel, there are two different story by they own right.

@wiha  This is the beauty in this drama I find this writer genius..

• Like 10

Please understand Wang Wook's perspective (or any other princes' or Yeon Hwa for that matters).

Being born and raised in the royal family his whole life, while watching his family being discriminated by the Queen and other princes, all they know is the struggles of power and the importance of position and rank. Love or family? It's not wrong for him to choose family over love. It's just a very different life he lead. (But if he chose family, he should have let Hae Soo go to Wang So later instead of fighting him. That is selfish of him.).

Wang So on the other hand have also been discriminated his whole life, but he's always been fighting it rough to survive on his own. He has no family honor to protect other than his own. For now, he considers Hae Soo as the closest human that have shown him love and he takes it to heart. Hence, he goes all out to protect her. (Maybe whatever happens later with power and greed might change him?)

Lady Oh, she realized too late that she have been wasting her precious life away in the palace just to be serving the King that is still fearful of the Queen. She chose to die, probably to free herself (of her illness), to protect haesoo, and also to make a bold statement to the King who once made an empty promised to cherish her?

• Like 15

so i think we have two possibilities what HS will be when WS became a king... 

1. just like Ruoxi in BBJX Hae Soo will not have any title or status.. she is the king person and always will be.. HS might not have a queen title or the sit beside the king in palace but HS will own WS body and soul.. so HS will be treated the same as the queen and even can sleep in king bedroom (a king bedroom if i'm not mistaken can't be used by other people beside the king) i mean YH maybe the queen but HS is the one people be cautious around.. messing with HS meaning they asking for death punishment.. 

2. WS will give HS a Damiwon palace so she can have her own palace and still accompany him.. a court lady play an important role in king daylife.. with HS the head of the court lady WS don't have any problem whatsoever in term of spending time with her.. but this one is too cruel for WS to do.. a court lady serve the queen too so HS will have to serve YH??? i don't think WS even have gut to let HS see his wife knowing it will hurt her.. 

so yes i think HS will stay beside WS with no title or status at all... she already WS person and its all that matter... 

• Like 22

14 hours ago, dhia205 said:

ahahha... aigo eve just imagination make you stuttering already?? from now on just let WW go Lol

hair? i love his hair down and ponytail, but i don't like it when he bight his hair.. looks too feminine and weird hehehe....

target lock, launched.. his word to do it with permission just an empty word, in goryeo era no need permission to hunting and that lips (along with the owner) just a perfect prey ahaha... 

ahaha... @Diana Blanche just like @solelylurking said  *caution for the weak at heart*

I love his hair while he's bleeding..oohhh..so Sexy..omo..did I said I love when he's on bloody condition? Ah..yess I did..kkkkk,looks more manly..Not his blood of course..our blood..after bitten by him one by one to be his bride....aaahhhhh

• Like 3

I hope HS will get the courage and strength to stand up on her own. Even though WS might be the love of her life, she should still have some characteristics of her former self. 

Right now being separated from the princes would her some good but then again we have only a few more episodes left. I wish they would show her friendship with the other ladies as well. It would be interesting to see how they would gang up against YH.

Wonder how they are going to develop the relationship between the 14th and HS?

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, nearsea said:

I'm really terrified about the ending. I hope show does not take splash splash love route. I don't want So's doppelganger to end up with Suu in modern time lol. It would be outright wrong if that's the ending we're going to get. But anyway does So really marry YH in future? I hope not! To think there's only 10 episodes left and the path is so adverse and full of conflicts for these two. And I remember the original Chinese drama had about 30 episodes right. So I wonder why the Korean version is ten episodes short.

The original Chinese drama was 35 episodes long and each episode was 45 minutes long, so about 26.25 Korea episode length. I do wish they had made the Korean drama 26 episodes or longer.

• Like 13

@MoOnLoVeRz ahh thank you so much for sharing many beautiful gifs and i love that you also notice about their twin cheeks moles :wub: i love to see it and think i wish i can ship them in reality ^^ LJG and LJE, maybe if this too much i want to see them together again like fan meeting event after the drama ended with success, i want them to react their scenes in drama (when wang so said how if i say that you're my person? then hae soo shy answer him) omoo..then LJG and LJE sing together, can this happen? :'( before drama is over, i knew i will miss them together.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, junee22 said:

I love his hair while he's bleeding..oohhh..so Sexy..omo..did I said I love when he's on bloody condition? Ah..yess I did..kkkkk,looks more manly

blood? oh gosh i never know you like something "bloody" to looks more "manly" :w00t:

12 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

@solelylurking @dhia205

The threads already hot but your x-rated scenarios are literally steaming it up :D Filthy mares :D:P 

we steaming it up? we just talking about clothes, horses, hair, and place. right @solelylurking ?? ahahah.... :P

• Like 9

I really hope K-ver will not follow C-ver closely, especially towards the ending. I don't like how the C-version progressed and ended. If I'm not mistaken, C-ver do follow some history facts. But since K-ver is not following Chinese history, please change the ending to be a happy one, if not in Goryeo era, at least let it be happy in the modern era (or ends with a possibility).

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

i bet you will be love the unusual testing move ahahaha...

i like his last ep purple dress.. and since you like challenge, i think you like to chase him around library while detach his clothes one layer.. one layer...until the last one layer. 

you can't go tho the cave... too much candle there, you can burn in HOT fire there :phew:

How many layers does Hanbok has? Well it doesn't matter because patience is my virtue. Just imagining him wishpering Goryeo style poetry in my ear while I'm doing it making me goosed bump. Wook has the kind of heavy breath than can make a girl short out of breath.. 

About the candle, he's a romantist. We can't have it any other way.. Beside, candles can make a good props specially the scented ones. 

My Wook, sitting there behind his desk with nothing but a book and a wicked smile. Damn. 

This picturing mode also available for

@MadraRua what my girl @dhia205 said is right. We're just talking about those no kinky stuff.. 

@Diana Blanche

@junee22 those bloods are really tough to clean up. Do have the patience?

@leekyuphii

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, orphelia said:

I really hope K-ver will not follow C-ver closely, especially towards the ending. I don't like how the C-version progressed and ended. If I'm not mistaken, C-ver do follow some history facts. But since K-ver is not following Chinese history, please change the ending to be a happy one, if not in Goryeo era, at least let it be happy in the modern era (or ends with a possibility).

I'm hoping they change it too. It will be especially frustrating to see them not be together/break up after all this build up (even more so with the way they had written WS's character, his upbring is totally different compared to the C-Ver 4'th prince).

For God Sakes, just give us a happy ending that won't make us want to rip our hair out.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Does anybody else see the similarities? :D blacko-emoticon-04.gif

@solelylurking @dhia205

The threads already hot but your x-rated scenarios are literally steaming it up :D Filthy mares :D:P 

I unconsciously sang the Power Ranger Tune when I read 'Goryeo Power Ranger', hahahaaaa... Go-Ryeo Power Ranger!! Na-na-na-na-na-naaaaa... :D 

Also, a pretty funny video I found on Instagram regarding Wook turning his back to Hae Soo.

• Like 18

Phew...I have 30 more pages to read but I'm determined not to miss out on any of your comments.I just want to put down thoughts here before i forget them because, trust me, I have been thinking about the episode the entire day.I even went back home to watch it twice so that I can re-evaluate my initial thoughts on watching the livestream.It's going to be quite long so please bear with me if you want to read this.I would also like to mention that I'm only currently reading up til page 744 so if there is anything repeated please note that I didn't intend to copy.These are purely my own thoughts after watching ep 11:D

I cried.A lot.Like til my shirt was really drenched in tears and mucus so I had to change into another shirt.That was how much ep 11 affected me and I myself am quite shocked at my own reaction.But I can't help it.This episode was THAT GOOD:heart:

I was thinking a lot about Wook.Yes,he is a @%×÷ for bringing HaeSoo's hopes so high just to leave her hanging in the end.And yes,I also agree he is going over to the dark side.But honestly,I feel that he isn't on the extreme end of 'evil'.He had to make a choice-family or Haesoo(whom I feel that to him,she represents freedom to be who he wants to be).Obviously,his choice will be family.I believe that if we were placed in his situation,most of us would choose the same.There has been an increasing amount of hate for Wook and I understand.Initially I was so pissed at him.Then after I cooled off a bit I realised he didn't intend to turn out like this.Just look at his reaction after he killed the messenger lady in front of YeonHwa.He was standing outside the place where HaeSoo was imprisoned in.Then he looked at the bloody needle in his hand before he let it slip out of his hand.He felt guilty.He didn't intend to kill.And he didn't want to do what he was about to do(not to take any action to save HaeSoo).But he had to.He had to protect his family.He had protected his family since he was young(when he killed a burglar?I know he told the story to HaeSoo in ep 3) and this time isn't any different.Plus,after he saw his mother down on her knees begging towards that richard simmons of a witch,the sight of his mom must have awakened him.He now realises why he has to take the throne.He has to protect his family so that no one,even that queen,dare to step on their heads.I guess him walking towards HaeSoo then slowly walking away is where he shows that he will no longer be by her side.I think it was that scene that might have strengthened his resolve even more to abandon HaeSoo and pursue the throne for the sake of his family. 

P.S did you see that accuracy tho?!?The needle swiftly and accurately went into that palace maid's neck.Although I think Wook is no match for So,he is still someone that everyone should watch out for.

So is similar to Wook in a sense that family comes first.The difference is that So doesn't really have a family.He only has BaekAh and HaeSoo that he considers his closest family and trusted people.He'd do anything for his family too.He ask Wook to help since he believed that Wook was the best person that can help HaeSoo.But after visiting HaeSoo and that conversation between them,his resolve was stronger.He went to try to talk some sense into king.Since talking didn't work,let action do the talking.He ran to save HaeSoo from being almost hung to death and stood by her,sheltering her from the rain.That scene where both of them were talking in the prison was poignant.I cried when they were 'joking' withd each other and when she advised him.She was the one who needed immediate care at that moment yet she still tells So to take care of himself.It was that selflessness,care and concern that made So tear up and made him more determined to save her life.In a sense,both of them sacrificed themselves for each other.So's sacrifice is obvious but HaeSoo's may not be so clear to some.Remember the scene when So was in her arms coughing up blood?He asked her to leave and that she shouldn't be there.She could have listened to him and just ran away from there.But she stayed.She might have sensed that it was dangerous to stay but she did it anyway.So was  her main priority at that moment and she wasn't going to leave him like that.In a way,she did sacrifice herself for him.

I think HaeSoo is allowing So to gradually take up a large space of her heart during the rain scene.Wook had walked away from her and she started to slump in the rain.But when So stepped in,she regained her upright posture and kneeled within So's cape.She is starting to accept So's care willingly without question or hesitation.

I realised something.I don't know if it was deliberate or it is just me trying to force in a pattern.See that when HaeSoo is visited by Wook,she was still wearing that clean Senior Damiwon attire looking all neat and tidy.When So visited her,she was in the white clothes all bloody and bruised.I guess this emphasizes that HaeSoo only tries to show her good side when with Wook.But with So,she can show even her ugliest side and he will still stay by her side.The next time Wook saw HaeSoo was when she wore a clean version of the white clothes but she was haggard and had a few bruises on her face.It wasn't even as bad as what she looked like in front of So in the prison but Wook turned his back on her.This reminded me of the scene when Wook covered up her bruise with the bracelet he gave her.Could this scene also show him trying to avoid seeing the ugly side of HaeSoo again?What do you think? 

Oh Sanggong's suffering has ended.I choose to see her death that way.How could this broken spirit have lived so long?I admire her for enduring and putting up with others,especially The king and that queen,for so long without ever having the intent to exact revenge or become another sly,scheming,evil lady in the palace.She tried to live her live peacefully and stayed bdside the one she loves.I guess she sacrificed herself because she felt her death will be beneficial.She was going to die of stomach cancer and during that time when modern technology was non-existent,death was certain.HaeSoo who was close to her those few months was going to get hanged for a crime that she didn't even commit.Why not use death to save another's life especially when that person has been like her own daughter to her?And so she protected what she has to with no regrets.Oh Sanggong,although we didn't know you that well,we know your intentions are pure and you have been a wonderful mother-figure to HaeSoo.You will be dearly missed.Sighs,another mother-figure gone.

And that is why I believe Oh Sanggong has not lost to Queen Yoo at all.Queen Yoo will never receive the love she wants because Oh Sanggong has won it ever since the king started to fall for her.Queen Yoo will never be satisfied or truly happy because she is unable to give love sincerely and is unable to receive any in turn.

Yeonhwa...let's just say she's Queen Yoo version 2.0.Another selfish $@#%!

• Like 22

Wow!! Star of this week's episodes was Lady Oh. Amazing character and acting. Lady Oh showed the mirror to Wang Wook and called out on his inability to save Soo. She sacrificed herself to save Soo ,like any mother would do to save her child. She straight up challenged the King about Yoo killing her child 10 years ago and doing the same now. Finally becos of her Soo will be able to see who all stood by her and who turned their back. Hats off to Lady Oh.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, trizha1 said:

Friends, I have a quick question, mostly to those who understand Korean.

When Baek or anyone younger than Wang So calls him, do they use his name or do they call him older brother (hyung?) Also, what does Wook, as his age mate, call So, and what do those older than him use?

I'm just super curious because my subs say Baek calls him 'So' but I never actually hear them say it? I think i heard Wook call him "So-ya" in the forest scene once all the way back in Ep 2 when he was asking him not to hurt Soo...

Help?

not sure if this is answered already but baek ah always calls him hyung-nim , most respectful way of calling someone an older brother as do all the younger siblings to their older brothers in the drama and wook and so are born in the same year, same age so wook calls him so. ^^ (Also sometimes baek ah calls him So hyung nim when his other brothers are around just to let them know he's talking about so, but hyung nim is always mentioned.) 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, solelylurking said:

I can be silence.. Challenge is excepted. Eventhough it would be hard because of his dark heavy eyes. I like 'Cold Wook' better than the 'Warm Wook'. We'll be testing every move that was ever written in the world. Haha.. 

For clothes, I like him with the dark green dress he'll be wearing or his dark purple. But I like with clothes on eventhough it will take time to off it from him. But that's the challange. The real Wook takes time to be understand too. 

But testing the table is not a bad idea. I want to test the bath hole too..

What re you trying to say?I'm still underage..need explanation dear *wink wink* not sure I really want to know though..see?I'm so naive *shy shy*

• Like 6