[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@LyraYoo, Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been inactive in soompi that i've been reverted to noob status :P

4 hours ago, MadraRua said:

@dzarethPerhaps I'm not a c-version purist and that's what makes it easier for me to fall in love with the storyline all over again. Not that there's anything wrong with being a purist. It shows how great the c-version was to have impacted on you so thoroughly. I hope you can come to love this version with the same fervor as well.

No worries. I watched the K-version knowing there will be some shake ups. I watched the C-version last year, actually. I knew Liu Shishi from Condor Heroes but wasn't too impressed. Nicky Wu aint my favourite, I don't know Kevin Cheng. I loved Yuan Hong in Yang Warriors. But I read good reviews and finally decided to give it a go. I expect myself to forgo it after an episode or two.

Suddenly, I was already at the Ruoxi-4th Q&A scene :D. The rest is history.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the fundamental changes made to Hae Soo and 4th has altered the story from the C-version. I too look forward to BBJX retelling. Changes are inevitable in order to adapt into the Goryeo era. Except that the end product hasn't (yet) been able to deliver in the manner of the C-version. Maybe the production team was a little hasty. Had they taken more time to rearrange the story, I'm sure K-BBJX would be more enjoyable.

At least there hasn't been any fake CGI lily pond or "chess" boat which the C-version could've done without.

To date, my favourite K-BBJX scene is the one when So visited Soo in jail. That is something you don't have in C-version. But for the rain scene, I prefer C-BBJX.

P.s.: Am I the only one who thinks that IU's post-torture makeup is zombie-like? I hardly recognize her. It made her lips look thick... 

Edited by dzareth
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

no dear... it would be uncomfortable for both.. i wanna he use it to tie something like hands:w00t:. i'm not going to tarnish that innocent horsey eyes and ears.. :phew:

Well he can tie us with his hair scarf and use that rein for something else *wink wink*

There's no hand cuff in this era so we just have to be creative. 

Royal bath pool is a nice place too. Are you gonna consider it? All blury and steamy, it add to the mystery. But it used a lot of stamina. Idk if uri wangja-nim can take it, haha.. But then again he survived the wolf den and poison. 

#GodBlessGinsengExtract

• Like 5

On 9/27/2016 at 10:15 PM, Nymeria289 said:

I think 8th Prince was definitely more likable in C version, he chose ambition over Rouxi but the path that leads to that wasn't so twisted or so heartbreaking. 

You are right, at least he did not leave her in the rain. Rouxi done the dumping. But here Wook break up with Hae Soo there and there that really upsetting since he already promise her. I really hate Wook in this episode. 

• Like 13

Friends, I have a quick question, mostly to those who understand Korean.

When Baek or anyone younger than Wang So calls him, do they use his name or do they call him older brother (hyung?) Also, what does Wook, as his age mate, call So, and what do those older than him use?

I'm just super curious because my subs say Baek calls him 'So' but I never actually hear them say it? I think i heard Wook call him "So-ya" in the forest scene once all the way back in Ep 2 when he was asking him not to hurt Soo...

Help?

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

i actually like him without anything Lol...

fancy one? i love his robe in the rain scene... non fancy.. i like the one he wear when he meet HS at the first time (riding horse with the black outfit and loosen hair. not mention his cold smirk aigooo i'm dying :phew:)

and i prefer he hold rein as properties wkwkwk.... 

Like this?

moonlovers2-00561.jpg

• Like 24

3 hours ago, MiisOh said:

Anybody knows whether WS will marry HS..in history Gwangjo hv only 2 wifes second one is his niece maybe that one is HS.....

I guess...

This drama take my heart away

Wouldn't it be nice if the CP adopted HS after becoming King and gave her hand in marriage to WS? Then it would follow in history that he married his niece.:wub:

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Well he can tie us with his hair scarf and use that rein for something else *wink wink*

There's no hand cuff in this era so we just have to be creative. 

Royal bath pool is a nice place too. Are you gonna consider it? All blury and steamy, it add to the mystery. But it used a lot of stamina. Idk if uri wangja-nim can take it, haha.. But then again he survived the wolf den and poison. 

#GodBlessGinsengExtract

you asking me about my favorite robe but suggest royal pool? 

i'm agree with the royal pool, but you didn't expect him to diving in to water with that heavy robe aren't you??

relax dear.. general park not only teach WS how to handle the poison, but also how to maintain stamina...

#GodBlessGinsengExtract :w00t:

@Diana Blanche that is exactly what i'm talking about ahahah...

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

Friends, I have a quick question, mostly to those who understand Korean.

When Baek or anyone younger than Wang So calls him, do they use his name or do they call him older brother (hyung?) Also, what does Wook, as his age mate, call So, and what do those older than him use?

I'm just super curious because my subs say Baek calls him 'So' but I never actually hear them say it? I think i heard Wook call him "So-ya" in the forest scene once all the way back in Ep 2 when he was asking him not to hurt Soo...

Help?

The younger princes call So, Wook, Yo, Won and even Eun with 'hyungnim' which showcase respect to the older brothers. Meanwhile, as it's mentioned that Wook and So are same age they call each other with name So and Wook. 

• Like 11

Ahhhhh... after two weeks i tried to move on, not overthink, and didnt watch, i still came back here...

I didnt watch it because i dont want to wait another week... but today, i really need a lot of tissue..

Lady Oh... huhuhuhu T.T

It so saaaad.. and the background music daebak... 

And Wang So.. when you cover hae so from the rain, you look so handsome *but i laugh imediatly when i remember someone call him badman* 

For the next ep, i think when Wonhee kill the king, baek ah will be framed for that.. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

you asking me about my favorite robe but suggest royal pool? 

i'm agree with the royal pool, but you didn't expect him to diving in to water with that heavy robe aren't you??

relax dear.. general park not only teach WS how to handle the poison, but also how to maintain stamina...

#GodBlessGinsengExtract :w00t:

@Diana Blanche that is exactly what i'm talking about ahahah...

Wow if he walking to me already half naked like that I don't know if my nose can take it hiks.. 

If it were with Wook, library would be my first place to pick! Haha

• Like 5

Okey, so as it is written in history WS will marry YH.

Well I do not know what kind of a person is the real YH of Goryeo 10th Century..

But the YH in this drama is a wicked, evil person.  

Her fate should not be getting to marry the coolest Prince of them all and live happily ever after.

She should be thrown to the cliff or get eaten by some vicious animal in the forest...that kinda fate is more for her.

She does not get punished ever ?? and just like that, she will live as his queen...where is the RETRIBUTION in that? :blink:

For every bad deed, there should be an equalizer....a balancing force...in this world.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Is it typical that Korean historical dramas will have this line?

"This drama has taken a creative license to history."

Most of them as they retain some historical facts combined with other fictional characters and twists. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, berny said:

That moment when HS just want to run away with Lady Oh, they were in the cave and she just desperately want to get away from all these injustice, all this cruelty

2 hours ago, fragglerock said:

he is so blindly devoted to her and she doesnt really love him as much as she does care about him.  But if she falls in love with him and then something big splits them up it doesnt sit right to me all of this drama to get them together and something even bigger breaks them up?

Ok guy's this is very interesting. I thought about this and the ending. Did Ji Mong have the cave sealed so she couldn't leave..? Who is the cave sealer. ? But don't you find it rather odd that is was sealed at that time and the time before it wasn't sealed when she encounter WS doing his ritual bath.. I've been thinking about this since I saw her and lady  Oh there appearntly the cave and the marriage will play apart in HS / HJ  being transpoted back to the future as HJ.. The cave the water the marriage all this will be a factor to the ending.. But I must ask a few of my insigtful friends what do they think of the cave being closed and how it's a factor in HS life in the palace.. I know the reopening wil be her pass back to the future.. Is the writer leaving this as and option for her to choose, What do you guy's think ? Is this the choice to live or die

• Like 11

@chickenchopflipflop I am not a Lee Joon Gi fan but it saddened me a bit your words regarding his career. I heard about the criticism you mentioned but I can't have opinion about that because this is the only drama I have watched of him...I will only say that he is doing a great job with Wang So and I think he is really talented... I hope he gets the recognition he deserves also in terms of ratings in a next drama or movie. Maybe this is kind of off-topic, but I just wanted to say this. 

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, hazzle said:

Ahhhhh... after two weeks i tried to move on, not overthink, and didnt watch, i still came back here...

I didnt watch it because i dont want to wait another week... but today, i really need a lot of tissue..

Lady Oh... huhuhuhu T.T

It so saaaad.. and the background music daebak... 

And Wang So.. when you cover hae so from the rain, you look so handsome *but i laugh imediatly when i remember someone call him badman* 

For the next ep, i think when Wonhee kill the king, baek ah will be framed for that.. 

When you heart really connected .. me too .. be strong chingus .. patiently wait for next monday .. yeaaa no more monday blues chingus..  cheer up !!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, solelylurking said:

Wow if he walking to me already half naked like that I don't know if my nose can take it hiks.. 

If it were with Wook, library would be my first place to pick! Haha

you know what? you have to be silent in the library.. that's general library regulation.

with wook, i prefer his reading room.. place where he write the poem.

table in that room looks so strong, i bet it's made from solid wood. but of course to know how strong it is he need to "test" it by him self :phew:

• Like 6