[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I find myself torn about watching the finale... on one hand I want to stream it live, be part of the experience  (and of course know the ending as soon as possible). However, I don't know Korean so I can't understand what is happening!! 

I also want to wait until the subs are out so I can experience the ending as it was meant to be (you know, with me understanding what they're saying). And as someone said earlier, be surprised about the ending. 

I am just so torn. :vicx:

• Like 17

10 hours ago, bakafan said:

I'm really freaking out for tomorrow :bawling:So I have decided to not watch the ep 19 but wait to watch it back to back with ep20.... but I don't trust myself and my low determination ! And I was right because even in my dream I watched it :confounded: So I ask my husband to confiscate my ipad, pc and smartphone (sighhhh). Just hope that I'll keep my calm... and not finished killing him for not letting me watch or access the forum! 

And I'm not even a fan of LJG. 

Good strategy... hahaha... I will just depend on my willpower, coz I do need all my gadgets throughout the day.

3 hours ago, shae said:

yeah, let's anticipate Jimong's death tomorrow. Please, I'm tired of his smug self, having prime palace real estate.

Actually, JM may still have a role to play. Who knows he'll be the one to transport WS to the future? So far, HS has not had a chance to tell WS that she is from the future (which in the C-version, RX did tell 4th) and I don't see any more chance to tell him before she left with all the tension going on between them. I just wonder if the writer will want WS to know or not. The writing of Hangul will have to be explained to WS, won't it? Anyhow, I think JM will be key to WS understanding HS's origin and possibly reunion in the future. So I don't want him to die just yet.

31 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

I find myself torn about watching the finale... on one hand I want to stream it live, be part of the experience  (and of course know the ending as soon as possible). However, I don't know Korean so I can't understand what is happening!! 

I also want to wait until the subs are out so I can experience the ending as it was meant to be (you know, with me understanding what they're saying). And as someone said earlier, be surprised about the ending. 

I feel you. Same dilemma here. Although I can opt for watching the Chinese translated international version, live-streaming is almost impossible with my usually poor internet connection.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, millie10468 said:

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 2: People from Cat. 1 who hoped K-BBJX would end differently than C-BBJX.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

Which category did/do you belong to?

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

I'm not sure which category I belong to... I haven't read the novel nor watched C-BBJX, but have heard enough (even before news of remake) about what happened in the story including the end, which is why I never even try watching it. But the K-version somehow attracted me, so I would say I went in with full knowledge of the sad ending but still hoping for a different ending (happy one), since it is after all a fictional work. Didn't really care about Goryeo historical facts but good to know when others shared them here.

Although knowing the plot/spoilers, I still enjoy the way I can feel the characters and their interactions are fleshed out as I watch them unfolds in motion.

• Like 13

i don't agree at all about Su leaving just because CR... CR incident is just the final straw that make she re evaluate back who she is... she already loss herself the moment she agree to be So women rather than marrying him... Jung incident make her realize that So is different in the way of loving rather than her.. he will demand her to be on his side no matter what just like what he did and she can't because she not design to be like that.. 

YH blunt truth about her have nothing to offer and JM explanation on why she is the weakness of So.. when she enter the fight to love So she have fought a good fight but now she realized she just became like Lady Oh and CR.. sacrificing themselve for love and loss themselve... she not allowing this and also she is protecting So because she knew that later on So will yet again to choose throne and her up until she die... 

she know that her time is up... she know the fight is over and more importantly she knew that So will be safe without her around... but she did't know that how much its going to hurt parting with So and how broken when So said those word and how she will regret dying without telling So that she love him.. 

and only with broken up with So she will realize that her love to him is bigger than she know.. and its more painful that she ever feel... 

its maybe a little too late but she will learn how to love him properly when she gone... and i wish So will know it and understand that woman that he love is selfless and been loving him all this time.. 

no need to regret or guilt.. you both love and being loved and its enough.. 

• Like 23

31 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

just watch it live and re-watch it with subs.. one way or another you'll understand what's happening even though you don't know korean.. :) btw, im sure fans would recap what's been said etc etc right after the airing..

• Like 9

Just now, SizzlerZ said:

Does anyone know if WH committing suicide is ep 19? Since there wasn't anything in the preview i WOULD expect it to be in 19 but can someone confirm?

i think it will be on ep 19.. everything will be thrown out before focusing on OTP in ep 20..

• Like 11

after watching the last 4 ep of original, i thought one thing: this is a story of regrets... to finally learn things from regrets.. the 4th regret not reading the letter sooner and for not trusting rouxi. rouxi regretting sure that she hid her relationship and not telling 4th that she loves him not until she was in death bed. and other characters regretting their actions after her death..

oh my how this would play out in the k-version.. :bawling:

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Omo chingue you r so right with these category's  and as for me Im def on category 2 and as i sink further deep in realising that it most likely will follow the cversion I was so ready to give in but LJG I cant give up on seeing his remarkable charimisa light up my screen... so maybe you should add category 5. Totally giving up on the plot but just sticking it out to see LJG hahaha!

As for the question about spoilers... i like them and look forward in seeing them no matter how heartbreaking it maybe. I love discussing it with my friends so it indeed makes the anticipation for the next eps more enjoyable and the wait well less endearing.  I think if it werent for the spoilers, my friends motivation and many of these awesome posts here i dont think I continue this drama. 

@moonlover399993 Hi 5! chingue i feel your anger. Im boiling at times too esp when some scenes and i see HS or GJ words... I will never leave you or I will never let you go.... pfttt! Lies and more lies arghhh!! the writers have made our character go against  their own heartfelt words and despite their reasons i just couldnt help but feel angry over it. Worse yet like you stated many  deaths of most if not all (yet) of the  characters whom Ive grown to love too are dead/ dying or impendingdeaths awaits ekkk. But saying that (pls excuse my rant), im actually looking forward to the ending and yes i might be flipping tables and cursing away but I cant help it.. so pls any tips on how you can view this ending like a robot and be emotionless pls tag me and let me know... boy will I need it. Maybe watching it live and hence no subs and most likely lagging eps can do the trick :blush: but then again my WTF moments will increase :dissapointed:

yes! cat. 5 just because of LJG brilliant performance.. hahaha

• Like 8

Rewatching all the fight scenes with Wang So again.  He's so badass! I wish there was more sword fight scenes with him. He's so magnificent. His fighting style reminds me of the Assasins in the game Assassin's Creed. He's that good.  During the killing of the monks, the way he used his knife and sword, the ways he sliced and pivoted, he was Connor.  

• Like 15

6 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

Good points! Minor quibble: Point 1 was his first marriage Wang Mu's daughter, which he did not consult with Hae Su about at all. Point 2 was still his decision to break up with her so that he could pursue the throne with his planning. Maybe he did actually think the break up was real? The show doesn't make that clear. 3. I can see your point here. 

i think he really thinks the break up is real, since he has to go after the throne (even though there was no assurance of getting it), he was not like 8th who wants the throne then later on gets the girl.. after all he might also believe that HS could move on for that long time since he was rejected a million times. if it weren't for HS running after him, they wont be together.

• Like 10

I just saw the pictures spoilers , I can't wait for this last episodes . I was so bad since the last week , SoSoo couple can't be together and evil pricess married with the king :tears: (I hated this moment). I just hope that Wang So and Haesoo would happy in the future ( I want a season 2) :)

• Like 11

4 hours ago, liddi said:

@ruizaio Thank you very much for the clarification regarding the court garments. In that case, I guess there was no particular rhyme or reason to the outfits that were worn by the princes up to Gwangjong's reign, including number of claws or otherwise. What about colours? Gold is usually considered an imperial colour, yet Yo was the only one wearing it, while this Gwangjong remains predominantly in black.

wasn't it because they were still in mourning period of king Yo's death? all of them were actually wearing black in most occasions starting GJ reign, they have to mourn aside from being Yo as brother, it is to show to the court that it was not usurped but actually given to him.. Just a thought (actually i was also wondering about that)

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, lazyme2day said:

@ilovecoffeeandbooks If you would like, you can check out @IUmushimushi's Tweet:

She is doing a live broadcast of the drama with Eng subs. But I cannot guarantee the quality. :sweatingbullets:

Ahh... I feel like I need 3 computer screens! One for the live,  one for IUmushimushi and one for this thread! Haha I can go full tech-y just for MLSHR!

Thank you for the recommendation... I will have to check it out! Yay English subs!

• Like 12

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Siracusa said:

To keep myself from crying too much during the final episodes, I made a BINGO card (cross off five squares in a row to get BINGO) to play while watching. :grin:

bcKkDdL.png

wow, so creative!

Spoiler
20 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

CwEIzniUAAEPPi-.jpg

how can you not love this stare??? :wub: my heart's fluttering right now...

• Like 19