[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 hours ago, millie10468 said:

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 2: People from Cat. 1 who hoped K-BBJX would end differently than C-BBJX.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

Which category did/do you belong to?

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

@MAROSA_JIN and @briseis Thanks for the new stills.

Sigh. Soo's determination (and devastation at having) to poke a few more holes in her already sinking ship is pretty clear from the pictures. Tomorrow's episode's definitely not going to be easy to watch

Category 1. I actually don't mind the ending of the original drama (for the record, I didn't mind the Rooftop Prince ending as well, for those of you who have watched it). If you ask me, the novel ending is much more heart-breaking..... I'm hopeful the writer will at least give us a happy ending in the modern world, preferably with Wang So's memories intact in the modern version of So.

I have to admit, I have not been keeping up with SHR... I plan to marathon the last 5 episodes this coming weekend. My heart can't take all this angst and having to wait an agonizing 5 days every week for the next hit (SHR is truly an addiction, yes?). So I decided to absorb it all in one go, lol.

I have been mulling Soo's final letter to So before she passes though. Has she learned enough hanja by now to communicate the depth of her feelings?  Ruoxi's letter to 4th was beautiful and made 4th into a giant sobbing mess. I guess it would be funny/ridiculous if it was one giant crying emoji though... (joking lol) :rolleyes:

• Like 9

Ladies & gents...I got my bottle of soju ready.  Bring on the pain & sorrow.  :cry::dissapointed_relieved::bawling: I feel so nervous for WS.  He's going to be so heartbroken.  And I'm so scared for BA, who has been my favorite of all.  If HS would have just accepted WS's proposal.  He would have dropped everything for her because he now has the power to do that.  If they are going to die anyway, why not spend & cheerish the rest of their days in happiness.  HS's reasoning is so contradicting & will separate them.  

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So if HS does your makeup , there is a high chance that you will die... specially if you are a woman..or maybe if you r  a woman :)

- Lady Hae (check)

-Lady Oh ( i will let my imagination run on this one)

- SD ( the mask remember)

Lets hope YH calls in fro a treatment soon :)

LOLLL! There, we've found the root of the curse! YH, please, now!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, tinniet said:

Now that he's married to a snake, he becomes a snake too.

LOL kidding. As cruel as how GJ seems to be, I still put him in different level than duo snake sibling. But skinny JG always resembles snake to me (do i even make sense?) and the gif you use here is perfect. Best evil smile ever.

So it hass also Happened to Wang So "someone Standing near ink will Eventually Be dyed black" 

• Like 6

THE LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD AND THE BIG BAD WOLF 

Tragic love story, they are not mean't to be with each other though they love each other.

Ridiculously long post, but maybe will be my last (few). My gift to both of my OTP. :tears: I have to let this out because it bugs me the misunderstandings for both. I hope you guys can get what I am going to convey, depends on whether you will even read it. Haha! You see I backread pages since episode 18 and liking many of your comments because I want to get a hang of the discussions here and like how I said before this thread is rich with it's contents, I enjoy reading them all. I re-watched episode 18 the second time and I stand by my comment, (put my long post in spoiler, too long):

Spoiler
On 10/26/2016 at 1:43 PM, Rose34 said:

After this episode, we can see that the forum/opinions is divided mainly between defending Wang So's actions vs defending Hae Soo's actions. You know what, after watching this episode, and it pains me to say this and I might get hate for this but it is best they separate especially so in this period and place. They clearly has two different set of values and ideals. I don't know what the writer is planning but this is my conclusion after this episode. The more they stay together, the more they will hurt each other. It is as per Hae Soo's words in the trailer:"how wonderful it would have been if we met in a different world, different period". They are like the Sun and the Moon. Fire versus water. If they both co-exist together, both will 'kill' each other. Unless, maybe it is two normal people loving each other in modern scene then things might be different. If the writer plans to have a happy modern scene. 

Except for the last part, we may or may not get a happy conclusion because at this point they are just two adults who have different fundamental principle, thus how can they live with each other and understand the other? Unless, it is from the separation, they learned from their misunderstanding and realizes what matters more that they will ask for second chance thus the ending might be bittersweet...the last OST...Lim Do Hyuk Goodbye seems bittersweet. The song is mid-tempo but the lyric is bittersweet, talking about parting forever. 

ABOUT THE STORY

Before I go on, one caveat that I want to say is that I did not watch BBJX before nor read the original novel, thus my view is solely based on this K-drama itself. I am in the minority who understands both actions and decisions given the circumstances and the environment they are in but more crucially and simply, because of who they are as a person. In the sense of their fundamental guiding philosophy, principles, ideals and values they hold strongly to. It is just them in the sense. I guess I stand by the writer's side, the way their relationship is now and how the characters are going about are intended by the writer. It is to make their separation logical and not because of some sudden unexplainable reasons. It already happens since the beginning of the drama bit by bit. Hae Soo leaving the palace and Gwanjong's ferocious attitude happens through the accumulation of experiences one after another. It is not sudden, dramatic decisions/actions. Through, this drama you can see that the writer is combining several elements in making one interconnected story - storyline from BBJX, Korean history thus palace politics, modern context through Ko Ha Jin and romance relationships. Thus, it is impossible to see and analyse the drama linearly, one-dimensional and pick one incident in isolation to understand the story and the characters. It is incorrect to see the drama as just focusing on the relationship between Hae Soo and Wang so. Hae Soo and Wang So's relationship is affected by broader palace politics and historical context as well. Thus, you have to take account that the drama will unfold following major points of history not just the progression of their relationship. I have mentioned this before, I like the realisticness of the relationship displayed here between Hae Soo and Wang So. They misunderstands each other, under-communicate and both just have different principles. 

MAIN ARGUMENT

If I simplify the main contention that I has against each character (can't generalize what others have said), is why Hae Soo only pities Chaeryung but logically she ignores that Chaeryung led to the deaths of three other people - Wang MO, SD and Eun and she affects her relationship with Wang So? Her fundamental values and ideal is that every human life is important, saving everyone, everyone should not be unfortunate. But the thing is in this case, isn't her judgement baised? Are Wang Mo, SD and Eun not human lifes too? Why only think about Chaeryung? Thus her judgement can be selective, she is especially harsher against Wang So ever since the premonitions that she has that Wang So is cruel and ruthless Gwangjong. Starting from the moment when Hae Soo says to Wook to "be careful of Wang So"...it affects Wook in many ways, he mastermind on a lot of things to stop So. Because she knows he is the Big Bad Wolf. But I do understand her point on Wang So's cruelty. I understand why she wants to leave…her reasoning is the same as General Park. They are tired of the palace but also because of what they remember Wang So as the one killing their loved ones. In modern thinking, I can understand her, how you can be with someone who is cruel? It is simplistic. I want her out of the place too. Hae Soo follows her emotion. 

My argument with Wang So is that he is one ferocious, cruel, revengeful ruler. He is cruel in his way of doing things. Others argument is he is misogynistic (doesn't trust Hae Soo) and controlling of the relationship. But people tend to forget, he always has a dual personality. He is also the ruler of Goryeo. This is where we have to take into account politics and history. He can't be nice when at time Goryeo is still a fledging state with many powerful clans/princes vying for the throne. He rise at a period whereby the central power is weakened since the founder's, Taejo death. He can't merely take account of Hae Soo's opinion and views, it is naive and foolish. The country will de-stabilize and it can turned into a warring state, more deaths can occur. The systems and structures there can't be disobeyed unless you overthrown everything. At the same time, they do bring out his wolf personality out of him by cornering him time and time again, like a dog leash to all this one big politics game. We can't use our modern thinking, back then it is deeply patriarchal and the context is different. It reminds me of this one of the Machiavelli's Prince thought, it is best for the prince/ruler to be both loved and feared but if he has to choose between either, it is best to be feared than loved. Wang So follows logic. 

Thus, my main overarching argument, comes back to my quote and standpoint, that they love each other but they don’t meant to be with each other. It is like two adults who will separate because they have irreconcilable differences - I am speaking in modern terms. Yet, their separation will also kill each other on the inside. This is just plain tragedy. 

MY DEFENCE FOR BOTH:

THE BIG BAD WOLF ON THE OUTSIDE, DOG INSIDE 

Multi-dimensional character

I have said this before, Wang So's character is very complex. The actions that he take is always with multi-fold intentions underlying. It is simply not possible to take his character linearly and one-dimensional. For example, when he decides to marry Wang Mo's daughter. There are 3 reasons. First, is that it reminds him of the time he was forced to leave as a child to Shinju...if I'm not wrong they rewind his past of being nearly killed by his mother. Second, it is also because he care for Wang Mo, he is always loyal to the King, Mo is in the brink of mental craziness...remember they rewind to the past that young So, Mo and Jimong are closed. Third, it is also to reduce the power of Queen Yo's clan...the next scene where Jimong says that he makes the right decision, politically expedient choice. But at the same time, he is troubled because he let Hae Soo's down. You see since here that Wang So makes an intelligent, cunning King like the characteristic of a wolf. He achieves 3 objectives without them looking obvious in the surface or just for a sole reason.  Same for the incident of the two years separation from Hae Soo. One, he gains the support and alliance from General Park. Second, he is planning on his way to the throne. Third, he let Hae Soo learnt to trust him but more importantly, he knows that she is his weakness and wanted to move her away from harm. The reason why the last one is the major reason is because the two years he is without Hae Soo, he looks so torn on the inside and always reminiscing their time together. He always make the right decision no matter how it pains him or how he get his hand dirty in the process. His flaw is in his ways of doing things especially when he becomes the ruler. I will explain this more below.

On hindsight, Wang So always has a wolf dog personality. There is dual nature in his character and temperament. One thing I know that he can't stand is betrayal. His weakness is love and his weakness is also his strength. With Hae Soo and in his small world, he is like a dog, only loves Hae Soo, and the small circle of people he love and trust, protective, loyal and affectionate. Whereas, when ruling the country, seating at the lonely, scary seat, he is Gwangjong the Big Bad Wolf that is ferocious, ruthless, cruel, violent. History is one of the ingredients in this story. Goryeo is still a fledging and young state. Taejo reigns after he consolidate the Three Kingdoms with the help of strong alliances with powerful clans thus strengthening the King's position and the hold of the imperial court. Back then before the rise of centralized government, there are powerful clans ruling on their specific areas. Thus, after his death, these alliances weakened without the strong founder. Many powerful clans/princes are vying for the throne. Mo is already sick, Yo is not the right state of mind, unable to consolidate his power and when Wang So reigns there are all sort of problems. With all the vicious people cornering him time and time again, no wonder he fight back the whole lot of them and give them twice more. He is like the ferocious, ruthless King cleaning the madhouse. He is cleaning all those who forges betrayal before. It is not that the throne is cursed but rather it is envy of many, many would like to possess it and that only those who can bear it can wear it. With power, comes responsibilities but more crucially it comes with sacrifices. And if who you are as the person before, with power it just amplifies who you are as a person. 

Ambition for the throne

Power like money is just a medium to a goal. Since young, he do wish to be a King. You attract to things that is who you are. He has a star of a King. Remember, the rewind to young So, Mo and Jimong. The scary dinner with the mother as well. Taejo also already prepares him since young by giving him martial arts training and ambassador to the clan. Yet, through meeting Hae Soo, then to the incident of brothers killing brothers then to finally the two years separation with Hae Soo and finally learning about the slaves when building the castle, it strengthens his ambition to go for the throne. His last words at episode 16 is that he realizes the world can change if the King change. His goal for the throne is to make 360 degrees change in the structure, policies and system. He is fighting back and he is giving them twice more of what they done. He is going to create his ideal world where he can be with the people he loves and trust. He is going to consolidate his imperial power, reduce the clans/princes power so that he can do what he thinks is right. Yet, in doing so his way is through imposing his power and fears onto others. You can expect bloodshed. 

Wang So's small world, small people he trusts and loves 

Thus, it is going to be big punch on his face when one by one his small world, the small people that he trusts and loves will leave him. It is their image of him as a scary and killer that kills him on the inside. Starting from General Park, then Hae Soo leaving and then Baek Ah given what what will happen to Woo Hee. It kill him inside one by one when the main goal he is going for the throne has no meaning. What is he thinks he is clinching, he does in fact destroying it. He will definitely erupt and go crazy. This is per history. 

THE LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD

Hae Soo is like the Little Red Riding Hood, pure-hearted, naive, seeing the world rose-tinted thus foolish, get betrayed, fooled over, harmed by others. She never takes sides, she stood for people who are wronged. Yet, you can’t have that kind of mindset in the wild forest, Goryeo. She is severely weakened by palace politics, all the blame game on her and she thinks she played a role (that’s why she has heart palpitations) and she is constricted and suffocated by the pre-existing structures, hierarchies and system there. I want her out of the place, she is not fit for the place and not being the Queen sadly. She also can't stand cruelty, she lashes out on Wang So that split seconds because of this. She sticks to her values and principles through and through, yet she don't really understand or consider the consequences of it. She just do what she believes in. So like in the words of Jimong, Hae Soo is going “to let go of Wang So (him) first.” Wang So is Wang So and Hae Soo is Hae Soo. Maybe after the separation, they would learn something. 

Her character is not open-book either. You have to see her actions to understand her. The split seconds when she lashes out of Wang So, it is so out of her demure character that I come to know what her values are. Same from the part at the cave with Lady Oh where she speaks in higher voice that they will get out of this place like what Lady Oh wants. Hae Soo is the epitome of friendship versus love. She follows her emotions more than logic, Wang So is the opposite. I sympathise with her character...I want to get her out of the place. The place is not for her. 

Let me rewind the last scenes of Hae Soo's, some of the things she says:

Chaeryung is just a slave...

Chaeryung's blood letter...."just a person who can't stop when loving"..."When there is value in doing something or not that is something you can only answer yourself". She is similar to Chaeryung in terms of their predicament. Then Hae Soo look at the place she is in, she is thinking whether there is value in doing what she is currently doing and the place she is in. Thereafter, she meet Baek Ah to pass the hair pin and tell Jung she is willing to escape the palace.

"Chaeryung is just a person in love" - This is biased because she did not fault Chaeryung despite logically it leads to Mo's, Eun and SD's deaths. Yes it is correct Chaeryung is just in love but she lead to deaths…thus in this question can we impose our moral judgement? Can we dictate what is moral or immoral? Given on how gray areas the writer portrayed each character even the villain ones….can we be choosing sides?….I rather suspense my moral judgement.

"The person I love killed my little sister" - This is the same as General Park's word who remembers and thinks only of Wang So killing her daughter's life...All the people around Wang So are scared of him, thinks that way of Wang So...Baek Ah will too if Wang So found out Woo Hee spying on him. Hae Soo only remembers the cruel Gwangjong's visions and image. Hae Soo can't handle that no matter what the circumstances are. See the next line. 

"No matter what wrong she did, how can he punished her so cruelly?" 

"I don't know how to escape this misery." - Then she give the hair pin to Baek Ah to Jung because she wants to escape the place.

In short, she is questioning the value in what she is doing, the place she is in and what would be the outcome of her life. She knows she is not being herself. The kind of spirit to do whatever she wants, she is suffocated in the palace and the system there. Then she without a second thoughts give the hairpins Wang So gives her to give to Jung. She always follows her heart. This scenes highlights her principles and she sticks by it through and through. 

CONCLUSION - TRAGIC LOVE STORY, DAMNED IF YOU DO AND DAMNED IF YOU DONT

Thus, both character are flawed in that sense. In fact all the characters here are flawed or if they are nice, they suffers on the inside, like Lady Oh and Myunghee. It happens this way because the writer intends to make the separation logical. She can change Hae Soo's character to be stronger but it will go against Yeonhwa character. Why Wang So need to marry Yeonhwa then as per history? Hae Soo just get physically weaker also meant to be that way because she is not from Goryeo. Her role there is paving Wang So's way to be the King. Without her Wang So doesn't change and may not fully wanting the throne. Jimong words are always true, it is like a prophecy. Jimong knows Wang So can't do the marriage with Yeonhwa, he is willing to go against everyone who stood in his way as always, only Hae Soo can change his mind. 

Wang So is ferocious and ruthless (the Big Bad Wolf) and Hae Soo is more harsher on Wang So, naive (Red Little Riding Hood). Both can't co-exist given the context. They may co-exist if they are in a different period and world where the situation and environment doesn't force Wang So to be a wolf and for Hae Soo to not witness violence. Definitely not in Goryeo. Now that I come to this conclusion, I think the ending may not be happy though they clearly loves each other.  Yet, the separation will killed each other on the inside…it is like damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Only when they are separate, that they realise what they should have done. This drama is just plain tragedy. 

I won't pitted one against the other. They are like apple and orange. Let me take the analogy from the manhwa the Bride and the Water God..Hae Soo is like the human bride falling in love with the Water God, Wang So. Just that the Water God here, Wang So is more ruthless and cruel because the writer is following history. It is like they can't be together because they just come from two different world and just two different person. The ending of the manhwa is that the human bride chooses to die instead of continue relying on a magic fruit to keep her lives going no matter how much she loves the Water God. God are immortal. It is tragic. 

Seeing IU latest picture i get how Hae Soo is as a person..she values friendship more than love..her ideals is everyone living with together happily forgive and understand each other. You can't have that ideal world, definitely not in wild forest, bloodied Goryeo. For Wang So he has to do what is right and he is the ruler and in getting his main goal (the ideal world), he can’t just take Hae Soo’s emotions and ideas solely. Even in doing this, it means he has to get his hands dirty.  He is the type that will go all out to get to his ambition. 

My heart goes for Hae soo, my logic goes for Wang so..what can i do? I’m just going to enjoy the ride while we have it…ugh. After writing this I'm just going to let go and enjoy the ride while it last. 

Edited by Rose34
put in spoiler, too long post -_-
  • Like 18

3 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

ATTENTION ECLIPSES!!

Spoiler

MassAttack.png

FAQs

1. Why are we mass attacking so late after the final episode?
Due to Joon Gi's fan meeting ending at 11:05pm KST, I wanted to make sure he would have time to unwind and settle in comfortably at home or with the SHR cast first. Alternatively, if Joon Gi's fan meeting ends later than expected, then, chances are, we will still be able to attract his attention to IG with our mass attack.

2. Can you explain the entire process in more detail?
This will the IG account used to upload a clip of the fan project video. The full video will be uploaded onto YouTube, under this account. The reason why we are mass attacking on IG is because the entire cast of SHR is most active there, which dramatically increases our chances of ensuring they will see our hard work, support, love, and dedication.

When the clip is uploaded, the caption will be:

[direct link to YT video] @actor_jg @dlwlrma @k_hanna_ @z_hera @actor_jisoo @skawngur @baekhyunee_exo @hjonghyun @seojuhyun_s @jinkijoo @coralbear35 @izilat @queen_j.y.p @si_eun_0 @galpos3 @mingkyzio @jd0744 #ScarletHeartRyeoWasHere

At 11:55pm KST, in the comment section of this post, you are, essentially, copying and pasting the original caption. You are more than welcome to add your own message or comments with the original caption, but in order to get the attention of the entire cast, THEY MUST BE TAGGED.

The reason why I ask that you NOT share the IG post onto your own account for half an hour is to ensure that the cast are all being directed to the same place. If everyone is sharing and tagging the cast into all directions, they won't realize it's a big group effort to get their attention. They won't realize there is something important we want them to see. But when they scroll through their alerts and notifications and realize that all the tags are the same and coming from the same place, they will know it's an organized event.

Hopefully, they will acknowledge that they have received and watched the fan video in some way. That way, we'll know we've succeeded.

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS: Feel free to PM me!
Let's DO this! Eclipses, fighting!!

@sooji28 @PrincessMe2515@MoOnLoVeRz  @deabakdrama @wackeemarie @innrukia @junee22@Sarang21@hitomebore08 @dears @tanaqvi @Tata Lata @thenagain @ktcjdrama @feignedreality @FarHanah MiSeu @kilovekyo @Mona Ys @Yongzura  @moonlover399993 @nchoerunnisa @mamamya88 @kiotzo @YeongYi @ilovekorearocks @sutcliff @Joongier @pigsflyy @13701693478 @jerboa83 @hobeverly1212 @yuhotarubi @angelangie @SizzlerZ @chickenchopflipflop @momono7 @fairyalice @rtl @AuroraSky @MyMindIsASnowflake @sarasona @staygold@kriswu @lilac_alex @zi4r @iridescentmoth @AyaA @Ainee Etp  @dramu51ch0c10ve @Lady_Lara @deabakdrama @berny  @dfun @MiharuD @kyar7jizhenll @nearsea @lxands @redfrommars @kriswu @12blbl@MrKobegiant @jetsu @hiluna @churasan @arabela @novemberschopin @Isache @luvkstyle @princess16 @clarissasan @Hapiangle @faeriealice @andy78@Putri Dewi @Chaeul @cosmogirl77 @onemella @Adnana @irilight @Gabi Bros @xiaozhu @ossy91 @chi13lou @pwnkl @itzibitzispider @millie10468 @lostmymusic @TeBe @atsu-chan @valsava @Glamour90 @dash9 @heartforkdrama @Rosemary83 @LoveSG @carmens @tessieroo @minmar @Tang Soon @jetsu @skxz @whyo @MadraRua @sriskaddict @chrissylee @Niki Azia @peny  @kawaiibooty @ilia @Carmarie @juenmyrue @kdramakrazy @ain83 @dhia205 @lisethvr @evok @MAROSA_JIN @mynameiswat@valentvcd @xoxobleach @redlion@Niki Azia @Le_Amarant @mabelialong @aprilslily @cedarwood @patoi @meahri_1  @fathiayunia @outofspace @Yippeuni @sunl0ver @KdramaSwimmer @solelylurking @Lady_Lara @uuugogirl @Akiddo @40somethingahjumma @shiraru @littleloony @rei_smasher11 @louisawatson @soph_t  @arabela @xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii @MrKobegiant @Table122000 @pwnkl @redfrommars @lisethvr @chdom @lolalarue @flower4junsu @winterbubbletea @IAmSoulReader @USAFarmgirl @solelylurking @ruizaio @luci13 @Diana Blanche @hazzle @icesnowman @Mau_Cherry @Yeekrfan2 @luna07shiro @atsu-chan @rumasa79 @ilia @sharreb @sunshinefate @thunderman1 @Gitakawaii @ruzikie  @violet90 @UnniSarah @simplyme_crazyme @Bambiina @shairli @akinahana89 @jlover1001 @luci13 @briseis @kuanphing @zagigirl @trizha @LyraYoo @bebebisous33 @snowglobe147 @Tinkiebell @lovedrama11 @ahriev @liddi @blue003 @cmluv @rumasa79 @edensor @here4da0ppas @hanatanada @lily_white @shiqin3381 @Lyna @vangsweetie637 @glacial @fengari @honeyapricot @inner @ElleSor @winwin12 @lavendre @sebnem @esma-div @Chickpea @DJG @aniliaz @brielover @ChyuuNyuu @carmens @dwookie @junejungki@special_bee @smitten1710 @cmoirae2 @penelop3 @riuenu @onemella @mewtwo @car148 @RoxanaR @Lmangla @Rosemary83 @potatohead @frostfire @Umi_ni_Sora @chelseab @wordsmyth0253 @bingewatcherinsomniac @mitheone @bim2 @Sue Lee @snowy21 @qwenli @Angiiee @kaoriharang @ailee2 @kuchie09 @Evangeline Yang @lclarakl @destinywitch 

Yayyyy...

Thanks @akinahana89 for starting this Mass Attack. You're awesome!!!

• Like 20

Freakin' hell...Won is still there?? I thought he would be executed or exiled like Jung, since someone here has said that historically, Gwangjong only killed Won because of his treason (please correct me if I'm wrong). The fact that he easily lied and threw Chaeryung (plus Wook) under the bus because of his 'confessions' also should be a huge alert for Gwangjong; he would betray anyone for his own safety. GWANGJONG, I THOUGHT YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THIS, YOU CAN NOT TRUST THIS GUY IN EVERYTHING!!

Oh well...I shouldn't judge before watching the whole episode...but still, the preview showed the very sight of healthy Won alone made my blood boil. I think I'm going to prepare a big pillow later in case I feel frustrated with the some parts of the episode.

9 hours ago, millie10468 said:

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 2: People from Cat. 1 who hoped K-BBJX would end differently than C-BBJX.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

Which category did/do you belong to?

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

@MAROSA_JIN and @briseis Thanks for the new stills.

Sigh. Soo's determination (and devastation at having) to poke a few more holes in her already sinking ship is pretty clear from the pictures. Tomorrow's episode's definitely not going to be easy to watch

I'm category number 3, but to be honest, I don't expect anything. I never watch a sageuk where everything ends happy, well, except for the recent Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. After reading ML's synopsis, I kinda feel that the OTP won't happen, because girl from the future with guy from the past? There's a good chance they wouldn't be together in the end. And after joining this thread halfway through...I found out that ML is an adaptation of BBJX, and then I googled everything about BBJX, including watching half of it (haven't finished since I got bored). And voila! I got my answer...I want to get out, but it's too late...I'm already attached to Hae Soo, So, Baek Ah and Wook...

• Like 20

On 10/31/2016 at 3:13 PM, mintkiss said:

Category 1. I actually don't mind the ending of the original drama (for the record, I didn't mind the Rooftop Prince ending as well, for those of you who have watched it). If you ask me, the novel ending is much more heart-breaking..... I'm hopeful the writer will at least give us a happy ending in the modern world, preferably with Wang So's memories intact in the modern version of So.

I have to admit, I have not been keeping up with SHR... I plan to marathon the last 5 episodes this coming weekend. My heart can't take all this angst and having to wait an agonizing 5 days every week for the next hit (SHR is truly an addiction, yes?). So I decided to absorb it all in one go, lol.

I have been mulling Soo's final letter to So before she passes though. Has she learned enough hanja by now to communicate the depth of her feelings?  Ruoxi's letter to 4th was beautiful and made 4th into a giant sobbing mess. I guess it would be funny/ridiculous if it was one giant crying emoji though... (joking lol) :rolleyes:

Yes me too, didn't mind the ending of both novel and C-version (and also Rooftop prince). Actually, I love the ending of BBJX C-version as it was beautifully executed.

Category 5 : People who read/watched BBJX novel and/or C-version and will accept whatever ending of Scarlet Heart as long as it is inline with developed storyplot and personalities and properly edited with fitting OST. 

cc : @millie10468

• Like 11