larus

MEMORY

12729190_167958840251563_587322225678782

Drama: Memory

Hangul:

Genre: human drama, melodrama

Network: tvN [ Facebook | Official Site]

Episodes: 16

Director: Park Chan-Hong (Shark,Fermented Family, Devil, Revenge)

Writer: Kim Ji-Woo  (Shark,Fermented Family, Devil, Revenge)

Release Date: March 18, 2016- May 7, 2016

Runtime:Fridays and Saturdays 20:30  (time slot previously occupied by "Signal")

Production Company:

OST: part 1 Kim Feel- If You Love Again

part 2 Insooni- Gift

part 3 Jung Joon Young- Spring, Memories

part 4 Kim Kyung Hee- More Than A Memory

Official site:

Watch Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/29639c-memory

Plot

Drama Memory is about a lawyer with Alzheimer’s disease who puts his life on the line to fight one final case before losing his memories. The lead character, lawyer Park Tae-seok,  gets diagnosed with Alzheimer and takes on one last case even as his memories begin to deteriorate, and in the process, he’ll discover just how precious life is and how much he loves his family. (Dramabeans)

Park Tae-seok, a lawyer working for a law firm is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. The drama depicts his vigorous efforts trying to protect the precious value of one’s life and family love, while his memory starts fading away. (Hancinema)

Cast

Lee Sung-Min - Park Tae-Suk
Song Seon Mi - Han Jung-Won
Kim Ji-Soo- Seo Young-Joo
Lee Ki Woo-Shin Young-Jin
Junho - Jung-jin
Park Jin-Hee - Na Eun-Sun
Yoon So-Hee - Bong Sun-Hwa
Jeon No-Min-Lee Chan-Moo
Nam Da-Reum-Park Jung-Woo
Jang Gwang-Park Chul-Min

Park Jun-Keum - Jang Mi-Rim
Choi Duk-Moon - Joo Jae-Min
Kim Min-Sang - Joo Sang-Pil
Yoon Kyung-Ho - Kim Chang-Soo
Lee Jung-Kil - Shin Hwa-Sik

Poster

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/javabeansdb/news/2016/16a/memory_1.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like   Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Resurrection, Devil, Shark team helms new tvN drama

by girlfriday | October 16, 2015 | 23 Comments

DevilShark1.jpg

The PD-writer team behind the revenge “trilogy” Resurrection, Devil/Mawang, and Shark (not a technical trilogy since they’re three separate stories) is headed to cable network tvN next year. Aren’t they all. They’re returning with a new drama called Memory, about a man who faces losing all of his memories… which is not to be confused with that other drama Remember, about a man with TOO MUCH memory. My brain, it hurts.

PD Park Chan-hong and writer Kim Ji-woo are best known for their revenge series, but have collaborated on a number of dramas over the years, including Fermentation Family/Kimchi Family for JTBC and the ’90s series School that’s been revived in recent years. Resurrection and Devil are considered revenge classics, while Shark didn’t quite live up to expectations. It was cerebral and looked beautiful, but it was also infuriatingly opaque, and I spent the whole series wishing Kim Nam-gil would be darker, or just better at the revenge.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/10/resurrection-devil-shark-team-helms-new-tvn-drama/

Lee Sung-min returns to tvN to headline new drama Memory

by girlfriday | November 3, 2015 | 11 Comments

LeeSungMin1.jpg

They should just give Lee Sung-min his own parking space at tvN, don’tcha think? He and Sung Dong-il could high-five each other on their way in and out of the network’s high-profile shows. After starring in their 2014 mega-hit Misaeng, he’s returning to the cable network in 2016 to headline the new drama Memory, from the writer-director team behind Resurrection, Devil, and Shark.

The new human drama from PD Park Chan-hong and writer Kim Ji-woo is about a lawyer with Alzheimer’s disease who puts his life on the line to fight one final case before losing his memories. Lee Sung-min has been cast as the lead character, lawyer Park Tae-seok. He gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and takes on one last case even as his memories begin to deteriorate, and in the process, he’ll discover just how precious life is and how much he loves his family.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/lee-sung-min-returns-to-tvn-to-headline-new-drama-memory/

Oh... oh.. this drama.. Memory. Why is it like Remember? of  SBS starring YSH.. which is sorta like I Remember You of KBS

Is so similar......

Yes, both are about losing the memory and both leads have Alzheimer`s. I don`t know how the writers gets their ideas. Almost every time there has to be similar dramas.

I think the other SBS drama will be more popular but I love Lee Sung Min so I can`t wait to watch him in a new drama.

Oh... oh.. this drama.. Memory. Why is it like Remember? of  SBS starring YSH.. which is sorta like I Remember You of KBS

Is so similar......

Yes, both are about losing the memory and both leads have Alzheimer`s. I don`t know how the writers gets their ideas. Almost every time there has to be similar dramas.

But I love Lee Sung Min so I can`t wait to watch him in a new drama.

Why the sudden theme of Memory loss?  IRY had critical success despite the low ratings then we'll have Remember. Now this one.. hmmm lemme think.

I Remember You  had genius lawyer who remembered everything

Remember will have genius lawyer with hyperthymesia- autobiographical memory syndrome  trying to defend a father on death row... lawyer will also slowly lose memory in the course of the case

Memory seems like will have the star with Alzheimer.. so  debilitating will hamper the way he'll defend a case.

Do kdrama writers meet every weekend discuss ideas? LoL. Titles of the drama are similar as well.

Lets see who else will be part of this cast. I'll likely watch this.. I think. It's not rom-com.

Thanks @larus for this info/thread.

Do kdrama writers meet every weekend discuss ideas? LoL. Titles of the drama are similar as well.

Lets see who else will be part of this cast. I'll likely watch this.. I think. It's not rom-com.

I`ve already chose to watch this drama and not the other one, Remember so it will be my first memory loss drama after A New Leaf. As I said, the SBS drama will be more popular because it has popular, younger actors in the cast. But they have good actors too.  It is good for me that in this drama will not be a genius character (I hope). I sense that there will be a more down to earth drama, more emotional and Lee Sung Min seals the deal for me. 

I`ve already chose to watch this drama and not the other one, Remember so it will be my first memory loss drama after A New Leaf. As I said, the SBS drama will be more popular because it has popular, younger actors in the cast. But they have good actors too.  It is good for me that in this drama will not be a genius character (I hope). I sense that there will be a more down to earth drama, more emotional and Lee Sung Min seals the deal for me. 

I will be watching both dramas but I agree I think that this one will be more emotional. All you have to say is Lee Sung Min is in this drama, for me to watch it too. 

Thanks for opening this thread:D

I will be watching both dramas but I agree I think that this one will be more emotional. All you have to say is Lee Sung Min is in this drama, for me to watch it too. 

Thanks for opening this thread:D

I will watch both too. Never say never. :D It will be interesting to see how these two dramas will unfold a similar subject. If both  will do it right I will be happy. I want to watch good dramas.

It is wonderful that they got Lee Sung Min as a first lead. I am sure they will give him a good material. I can`t wait to watch who they cast next and more details about the plot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kim Ji-soo joins Lee Sung-min in tvN’s upcoming Memory

by javabeans | November 18, 2015 | 6 Comments

kimjisoo_58a.jpg

Remember the upcoming drama Memory? No? It’s no wonder if you don’t, since it’s not to be confused with the upcoming Yoo Seung-ho drama Remember, which is also not to be confused with Jang Nara cop drama I Remember You earlier this year. There’s just a lot of memory floating around right now, waiting to be lost.

Memory is an upcoming tvN drama that has already cast Lee Sung-min (Hwajung, Misaeng) in the lead role, playing a lawyer with Alzheimer’s who puts his remaining time on the line to defend one last case. As he starts to lose his memory, the drama will show him the preciousness of his life and the family that he loves. It sounds sort of like Punch meets Thousand Day Promise, but hopefully a lot less depressing.

im Ji-soo is in talks to join the drama as Lee Sung-min’s ex-wife, who currently serves as a judge. She grew up wealthy and privileged as the only daughter to a law professor father and housewife mother, then passed the bar and graduated from the judicial training institute with the highest marks. We aren’t told why their marriage failed, but given that family love is an important element in the hero’s life, I expect to see them exploring and reexamining that relationship over the course of the show.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/kim-ji-soo-joins-lee-sung-min-in-tvns-upcoming-memory/

@larus thank you so much for starting this thread.   With Lee Sung-Min in the lead, and now Kim Ji-Soo joining I am in, for sure.
My apologies, I am not familiar with Song Seon-Mi    (She was in a couple of movies I have seen, but I cannot place her in my mind) , but they sure look good together:

2015111712165572685_1_99_20151117131506.

Of course, I love that this is the team that brought us Shark,  The Devil, (I have yet to watch Resurrection) 

Waving hi hi.gif   to other friends here, @valsava, @evie7, @jongski

Guest ororomunroe

Drama castings: 2PM's Junho, Lee Ki Woo

s5.jpg

Sports Chosun - Naver: [Exclusive] 2PM Junho joins 'Memory'... to play the role of Lee Sung Min's assistant

1. [+676, -26] He was good in 'Twenty'. It's great that he's cast. Work hard~

2. [+600, -37] He has starred in so many project but I never knew that he's a 2PM member. He's good

3. [+550, -27] Hmm.. Anyhow, he's not like someone who immediately lands the leading role.. I hope your acting is great

4. [+482, -21] So far, he's done a great job. Do well in this one

5. [+469, -19] Junho's acting is quite good. Looking forward to it

6. [+115, -9] The best acting idol in JYP

7. [+111, -6] His squirrel role in 'Cold Eyes' is unforgettable!!

8. [+97, -6] I've been keeping my eyes out on this drama and makes me even more excited that Junho's in it. I'll watch it for sure. He was good in 'Twenty and 'Cold Eyes'

9. [+65, -5] Is this true?? As a fan, I've been waiting for his next work.. I hope he confirms it

10. [+57, -6] He's finally cast in a drama!!! I'm so happy ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

s6.jpg

Mydaily - Naver: [Exclusive] Lee Ki Woo cast in tvN's 'Memory'... to reunite with Lee Sung Min

1. [+244, -2] When he made his debuted in 'The Classic', he was striking with his unusual gazes and great physique and I was expecting that he'd get popular but he never did......

2. [+157, -4] Lee Ki Woo's likeable and a good actor to boot

3. [+155, -2] I wish 'Real Men' takes him as a permanent member. Please appear in more variety shows

4. [+112, -3] Do well!!!!!

5. [+109, -2] Why are there no comments? ㅠㅜㅜㅜ I like Lee Ki Woo 

6. [+19, -1] Before, there was nothing special about Lee Ki Woo apart from his height but I recently watched 'The Classic' and his acting is pretty good

7. [+14, 0] Look at his proportions.. Lucky Lee Chung Ah

8. [+13, 0] This guy is totally my type. He's so handsome and tall

9. [+11, -1] I'm a man but I really like Lee Ki Woo. Please get more popular

10. [+4, 0] I've been a fan since 'Flower Boy Ramyun Shop'. Even as a man, I think he's so cool and his personality is likeable

cr: kkuljaem

@larus thank you so much for starting this thread.   With Lee Sung-Min in the lead, and now Kim Ji-Soo joining I am in, for sure.
My apologies, I am not familiar with Song Seon-Mi    (She was in a couple of movies I have seen, but I cannot place her in my mind) , but they sure look good together:

I saw Song Seon Mi only in Miss Korea and I loved her with Lee Sung Min. She worked with Lee Sung Min in Golden Time as well. In Memory they will play colleagues and I like it this way.  Kim Ji Soo will play a judge and she will be the ex wife. I already love the cast. I saw Lee Ki Woo in Miss Korea and one episode of Late Night Restaurant. I wonder what character he will play.

I am waiting for more news. I anticipate this drama.

Guest adikkeluangman

2PM′s Junho Reviewing Role in New tvN Drama

2PM′s Junho is currently in talks to appear in drama Memory. 

A rep from tvN′s upcoming drama Memory stated to Newsen on November 19, "It′s true that Lee Junho received an offer to appear in the drama. However, he′s simply looking over it positively. His appearance hasn′t been confirmed." 

10000502.jpg

Junho received an offer for the role of Jung Jin, Park Tae Suk (played by Lee Sung Min)′s junior lawyer, who helps him solve a case. 

Memory is centered on Park Tae Suk, a lawyer who is diagnosed with Alzheimer′s but dedicates the remainder of his life to a final case even as begins to lose his memory. 

Park Chan Hong and Kim Ji Woo, who rewrote history through their work on revenge dramas Resurrection,Devil and Shark, will join forces once again for Memory, but instead of revenge, will focus on the human drama. 

Memory is set to air in March of next year, following Signal, which is set to air in January.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/100005/2pms-junho-reviewing-role-in-new-tvn-drama

This will be his first drama role if he took this offer. The plot like mash up of dramas Punch and A New Leaf. 

Guest adikkeluangman

This is such a happy news.

-----
But then...

-----
2PM’s Junho thinks positive of starring in tvN’s drama

An official from JYP Entertainment said Thursday that Junho of boy group 2PM was positively considering whether to star in tvN drama “Memory,” which is slated to air in March next year. 

“Memory” features the story of a lawyer named Park Tae-suk, who is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, struggling to get through his last period as a lawyer.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20151119

The creatoirs say it tries to express the importance of life and family love.

Junho received a proposal to play the role of Jung-jin, an colleague at Park’s law firm who helps the protagonist. 

The forthcoming drama will be coproduced by director Park Chan-hong, who also directed past drama hits “The Devil” and “Resurrection,” and drama writer Kim Ji-woo, who won the Korea TV & Radio Writers Award in 2013. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201511191505448325298_2 

Yey cast update. thanks @larus I don't even know who these  actors are. I'm not familiar. Yes didn't even realize 2pm is a group. Ha ha. But I'm watching this for the story acting and writing. Plus it ain't rom-com ;)  

I've watch I Remember You. will watch Remember, and will wait for Memory. After I've watch  all three, I can probably surmise whats the difference with these dramas.

Archived