[Drama 2015/2016] Imaginary Cat - 상상고양이

marykarmelina

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@suchadiva42,  chingu...    hi white cloud      So glad you are joining us!

This is a short drama,  only 8 episodes.    Maybe our friends @Felicia Soh@valsava@evie7@cynkdf,  may be also interested...   c0305.gif

@marykarmelina, do you happen to know if the webtoon is also available in English? Have you read it?  Thank you

@irilight: Hello :)  I only found it available in Korean: (HERE)

I am a cat lover (I have a male cat at home) that's why as soon as I saw a theme cat drama, I was already in for this one.  And of course Yoo Seung Ho is a PLUS for this drama. I will try looking for an English version of this webtoon and I'll let you know.

@suchadiva42: Hello :D You're welcome. Hope this drama is a good one!

11024115_427650800744969_1908716354_n.jp

@marykarmelina, thank you. I do not understand Korean well enough to read it in Korean.    Me too.. A cat lover as well as Yoo Seung-Ho lover...

CQw6YiQUAAEMmEo.jpgCQw6YiSUAAAzxl-.jpg

Guys, I found it in English! Through this site called SPOTTOON: https://www.spottoon.com/workHome?book_no=32 . They changed the name to "The House Cat" so a bit hard to find...

@cynkdf, @rubie, so thrilled to see you both here!  

@chocopie90, Welcome to Soompi and this thread, and hooray for finding the webtoon in English! Lets play the music!     100.gif

Yoo Seung Ho Is a Handsome Webtoon Artist in New “Imaginary Cat” Stills

Yoo Seung Ho Is a Handsome Webtoon Artist in New “Imaginary Cat” Stills

On November 11, MBC Every1 revealed a still from their upcoming drama, “Imaginary Cat.” 

In the still, Yoo Seung Ho wears horn-rimmed glasses, the trademark sign of a writer, and stares thoughtfully out the window. The actor plays Hyun Jong Hyun, an intellectual webtoon artist who believes strongly in his work. Although he is a young man who dreams of going his own way, he has problems with his stubborn, egocentric personality. 

He gains comfort from his cat, Bok Gil, and works hard to make a livelihood for it. The first episode is scheduled to air November 24 at 8:50 p.m KST.

Source

Hello everyone! I'm new here! This is my first post. Looking forward to watch this drama since it's one of YSH's comeback dramas. I'm so excited. It's been a while since his last drama in 2012 'Miss You'.  'Imaginary Cat' FIGHTING!!! YSH FIGHTING!!

I see some familiar names here @kyunii88 @valsava @irilight @suchadiva42 @andy78 hello~

Has anyone posted this? New still for YSH aka Hyun Jung Hyun :wub:

CTgtk5yUwAA7Ou3.jpg

November 9, 2015

The official poster of Yoo Seung Ho's new drama, 'Imaginary Cat,' unveiled

Source: STARN News

The official poster of Yoo Seung Ho's upcoming drama, 'Imaginary Cat,' has been unveiled.

Channel MBC Every1's new drama, 'Imaginary Cat,' will premiere on November 24th, and the drama's official poster has been unveiled.

Yoo Seung Ho is making a bright smile in the poster while a cat on Yoo Seung Ho's left shoulder is showing a shic look.

Actress Han Yeri is participating in the drama for the voice of the cat, Bok-gil.

The poster says 'When a cat joins your life,' and the drama will show Yoo Seung Ho and Bok-gil's friendship.

Meanwhile, 'Imaginary Cat' is based on a popular web-toon of the same title. The drama is going to show the friendship and communication that a boy shares with his cat. The drama will premiere on November 24th at 8:50 PM.

The official poster of Yoo Seung Ho's new drama, 'Imaginary Cat,' unveiled

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Meowwwww kitties! Thanks for updates @irilight.   That's like a good idea face paint with kittens if they do like  presscon.. so cute! YSH with the glasses... hello Clark Kent. :) Any idea when is the press con? Please update.. I betcha the cat will make a grand entrance.. It's actually the cat who's the star :P;) :lol:

Echoing @rubie Thanks for the hard work and updates @ @marykarmelina  esp the descriptions.

I'm loving the story even more after reading the description of these characters.  Now I know why it's tagged as healing drama.

YHS as Hyung Jong Hyun - reading the description, JJS (oh my ghost drama) came to mind.   A 22 yr old playing 26.. he's good actor. YSH can pull it off. Liking his character. He's a cold and aloof but cat and girl will change that

JHY as Oh Na Woo - ohmigosh..  her character is like the one she's playing in my fav drama at the moment, Because It's The First Time, wherein she has one sided love/crush, shes young and naive but she's honest. Wow... I pretty much don't care controversy about  being part of this drama.  In this drama I'm liking her character. OMG she's got heart problem here.. oh, I hope what I'm thinking does not happen.. cos it'll be poignant. HYJ ONW scene....

Bok Gil the cat- basically the real start of this drama. Yeah cuteness! - so she's.. so this cat when to humiliation of being "overweight" and had to endure the of delivery men and their actions/ thoughts seeing  big cat. I feel this cat will be witty one and wise one.

So basically all these main characters felt the loneliness within and will find that  the solace and comfort with each other.

A week and half more to go. Excited much for this! Waiting.

A Big Thanks to Everyone   licking-cat-smiley-emoticon.giffor all of the goodies...

@cynkdf, I really enjoyed that Drama Special.  Love Han Ye Ri, I'm going to keep my eyes out for her next project. 

@phi3nk, I'm so happy my cats can't talk. As much as I love them, I just think all I would hear all day is "It's treat time, Why can't sleep on the dinning room table? "

@kyunii88, Thanks for translating the character chart. I love that Bok Gil is in the center of it, she has already taken her place as the star of this drama.

@marykarmelina, Thank you so much for sharing the character descriptions. After reading them it just sinks in that this is going to be special. 

@jongski, I agree with you, that from watching JHJ in Because it's the First Time,(it's also my current favorite drama) she is going to be perfect for this role. 

@evie7  Oh yeah. Really, viewers should watch Because It's The First time.. everything about that drama is sooo good! JHJ role is similar minus the heart condition.

JHK x YSH  shooting for Imaginary Cat cr:yshbiased

Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink

MY GOSH, YSH is  shooting Imaginary Cat and Remember at the same time, it's okay to rest YSH :)

Another teaser for 60 seconds. Bok Gil is so cute..... 

@evie7 How many cats do you have? I only have one, he isn't as fat as Bok Gil, but i think his attitude is just the same like her. Sometimes lazy and sometimes he's very active. He likes to play and eat. His appetite is bigger than me, but why is there only me who easy to gain weight  haha... It's fun to have a pet tho...

@jongski, Thank you they look adorable. What a little love triangle this is going to be. You know Bok Gil is not going to be happy sharing her human. 

@phi3nk, I have three cats. They are all older cats like Bok Gil, they are all on the shall we say plump side. The oldest cat is 15 yrs old. She sleeps a lot and the 2 males play with each other like kittens. 

@jadecloud, I'm happy you will be joining us. Bok Gil is a scottish fold cat. I've never seen a cat with those type of ears. She is cute.

Archived