[Taiwanese Drama 2015-2016] Bromance 愛上哥們

sugarplum892

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, last Friday. I go to Kinokuniya KLCC to get SPOP vol 38. Because apparently, the one that Popular's sell don't have Bromance postcard in it. And surprisingly when I've got there, the Pictorial Set and SPOP vol 36 was mountain at the rack! The one that supposed "sold out" and will not re-publish still available at there!!

mkjk9nkcksgdg9nzg.jpg

The items inside the pink box.

2rwj3w6i5qtsgu3zg.jpg

I did make a small talk with the stuff. And he said, the publisher call them and asked if they still want to sell it because they still many left. So~ if the flame is still on, Malaysian's fan can check it out there. :grin:

(ps: my first post with images. And it work! Yeayy!!)

Title: Blew Into the World on a Leaf

Author: WinterBubbleTea

Chapter 13
Pairing:Wei Qing Yang/Qing Nana
Summary: Bonding and paying respect is one thing that Qing Yang understood, but the hidden secrets were something he could have done without. 

Blew-Into-The-World-On-a-Leaf.jpg

Sorry for the late works. Been incredibly swamped on my end so updates will be either fast or slow depending on time and not flailing from lack of motive.

u_XOJ-MOsNo.jpgDUE TO THE GROWING FANS....WAITING OUTSIDE THE POST CURTAIN CALLS, MEGAN'S MANAGEMENT HAS KIDLY SCHEDULE TO MEET AND TO GREET FANS AND TO HAVE A PHOTO SHOOT WITH HER OUTSIDE THE THEATER WITH EVERYONE.THIS IS HER FINAL GREETINGS PRIOR TO HER DEPARTURE.....SHE AGAIN , GAVE HER ....A HEARTFELT SINCERITY MESSAGE THANKING ALL HER FANS WHO WATCHED HER AND HER TEAM MUSICAL THAT EVENING.....ESPECIALLY THE FANS ...WHO ACCOMPANIED HER THROUGH OUT THE PAST YEARS UNTIL NOW....SO THAT NIGHT WITH SEVERAL GROUPS DIVIDED SO THAT EACH AND EVERY GROUP HAS THE CHANCE TO HAVE PICTURES OF HER .FROM SIDES TO SIDE SHE MOVES TO ANOTHER TO TAKE GROUP PICTURES ....SUDDENLY ONE OF HER FAN PASSED A POPULAR SPOP RIMEG PLACARD TO HER.SHE IMMEDIATELY TOOK IT WITH A BIG REPLY SMILE ON HER FACE AND SHE SAID......THOUGH HE DID NOT COME......BUT FEELS HE'S ALWAYS AROUND.               

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there! I've received the DVD set today. I could have waited to have a quick look... But couldn't wait to have a quick look. So, I've watched the last episodes. Let's say I've watched a few scenes of the 16th et 17th and watched the 18th episode... The subs are Viki's. If not, they must have hired the same translator.

I have to share my thoughts and feelings about the ending with you, dear BFFs. Especially with the ones who wonder if they'll order it or not.

Spoiler

I ordered it from YesAsia on the 10th of may. It went out of stock, so I had to wait a little longer before they could ship it. But as long as you love, you don't care, right? You know it'll come to you one day or the other, so you wait... And when it comes, you watch it. And when you watch it...

Well, I felt a little disappointed as there is no room 1314 ending. No kissing scene in the corridor. No tongue dance. No... No nothing :crazy:
The last episode (and the drama, of course) ends with the picture of Zifeng and Yanuo wearing male wedding suits. You know? When he's holding her in the air... Really nice and cute but... Where is the aggressive Yanuo who can't wait to spend the night (and the day, and another night and so on) in bed with Zifeng? Where? Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't feel a little disappointed, I feel like I'm disappointment itself. Oh God, I look quite perverted. Who said I am perverted? You're right.

I'll have to watch the whole set to see if any other scene is missing... I don't know when, but I'll have to.

Anyway, I enjoy the show, the acting, even the lacks and fails of the script. So, somehow, I don't regret having bought it.

Thanks @Chatplin for sharing your thoughts. Actually I also looked it up. But if I am going to buy it, it will be more of a memorabilia of this crazy Bromance addiction. I still watch my favorite episodes at Viki. This might never wear off of me but what the heck? It's making me smile so I keep indulging myself and have put reason behind.   :D

@junerain7 That's it, a lovely memorabilia. And our little crazyness may only be harmfull for our wallets...

@eerylin-heaven you're right. I've forgotten video quality. I've just checked and watched the DVD and then the 720p raws on my TV. The DVD is not as good as the raws. Let's be clear, it's not a low resolution but not what I expected. Since I've got a brand new TV, I wasn't sure about the problem coming from the TV or the DVD. And yes, just the drama. No nothing. Each DVD starts with the presentation of another drama. For instance, the 6th one starts with Love or Spend.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I can't believe Bromance is so popular! I'm not the greatest fan of Baron Chen after seeing his performance on Chinese variety show "Race the World", so I never really got into Bromance. :\

May I drop a small plug for my Cpop news/gossip/rumors translation site: cpoplove? I did a brief article on Bromance a few days back. :D I hope this is alright, please let me know if it's not and I'll remove!

Hi there @cpoplove! I clicked your link. It's good. Keep on writing. Since many of us don't know how to speak Mandarin, we really appreciate those who translate all Bromance, River and Megan news to English. 

Bromance will be re-aired in Taiwan starting August 24, 8pm. I hope we can all relive the happy Bromance memories like when we first watched it. I joined the forum late, around the last 2-3 episodes so I wasn't able to join the lively chatter here. While there are fewer posts recently, there's another forum where many of us arre very active, it's the shipper's forum for River and Megan. I'm posting the link below if you are interested. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On August 18, 2016 at 9:24 AM, junerain7 said:

Hi there @cpoplove! I clicked your link. It's good. Keep on writing. Since many of us don't know how to speak Mandarin, we really appreciate those who translate all Bromance, River and Megan news to English. 

Aw thanks Junerain7! I'm honestly surprised at how popular Bromance is. I would've thought that River destroyed his image on that Chinese variety show...

This is the first drama I've finished in a long while. The writing itself sucked, in my opinion. What kept it going were the actors. It took me so long to realize that the main actress was played by Megan Lai from MARS and Silence. Wow, out of all the gender bender dramas I've watched, she is the only one who could totally pull off being a guy. A very pretty guy, I had so many mixed feeling watching her haha. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2016 at 10:06 AM, Carramae said:

This is the first drama I've finished in a long while. The writing itself sucked, in my opinion. What kept it going were the actors. It took me so long to realize that the main actress was played by Megan Lai from MARS and Silence. Wow, out of all the gender bender dramas I've watched, she is the only one who could totally pull off being a guy. A very pretty guy, I had so many mixed feeling watching her haha. 

Totally agree on you about the writing , especially the last half of the drama :/ The actors dynamic and chemistry and how this story would conclude was what kept me going XD Felt like they took a whimsical/anti-climatic/ easy way out when revealing her gender 

I really want the cast to work together again! With a more fulfilling script of course! 

Blew-Into-The-World-On-a-Leaf.jpgTitle: Blew Into the World on a Leaf
Chapter 14
Summary: Concealment of pain and the strength in someone so ill was admirable. 

Title: Blew Into the World on a Leaf
Chapter 15
Summary: Prawns of love and troublesome pairs.

Archived