[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

Also did you guys see in the MV how Black was was looking at his "spero spera " watch (which refers to as long as you're alive, hope exists I think) and then he looks up and Swan wearing the white dress appears. Lovely shot :)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to rewatch when subs are complete. I got most of the story, but there are some blanks I need filling in, and not just the Thai parts.

Right off the bat, two things stood out:

#1: 20 bucks for a baggie of juice? What on earth is in that juice????

#2: Where can I get me a pair of self-cleaning white pants. The mud just magically disappears. I never wear white, even though I would dearly love to, cuz I can never keep it clean. But if I had that fabric.....oh the things I could make!

(There's a few continuity issues, which are more noticeable when not reading subtitles. But they can be forgiven if everything else is working.)

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

Look how Baek Eun Do covers SJR's aka Seo Woo Jin's face on the picture. :phew: He threatens Seo Jin Tak - who is Woo Jin's father - with something....

OK, it's 4.39 AM here n finish backreading 10-ish pages. If this is all I get from SJR in the 1st ep (a picture of his torso :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:), 

I'll take it. Just mention me to wake me up if he appears. Thanks for all ur effort on recapping. Amazing work. Works in LTE speed, all chingus here:wub::wub::wub:

@Ginaaaa I'm just watching that bit now and it might be 20 bahts instead. Maybe cuz Chae Won's pronunciation wasn't clear. But if it indeed 20 bucks, I gotta get myself that magic juice as well :D Lol I didn't notice the mud disappearing when streaming. 

@Jillia maybe she has some abandonment issues? I mean didn't she say in the teaser to black to not disappear on her like her parents did?

@dhilamd don't worry, we'll give out a shoutout for you when he appears. :D It was mainly his dad making an appearance this ep.  

19 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

We all know what happens next :D

soompi said no quoting of images, but i loved the celebratory rap scene. I was also eternally grateful these actors spoke clearly!!! 

btw like over 90% on viki. It should be alright to watch though subs aren't finished.

@Jillia Another thing might be she said it in a fit of anger while trying to persuade him not to go because she thinks it's a suicide mission. 

Lol I didn't even notice it was a compass! I thought it was a watch.After you said that, I went back and tried to watch it but it's too blurry. 

I really liked this couple's interactions in ep 1 as much as my other main ship in their first interactions . It's the way Jin Wook leaned in towards Chae Won when talking to her . That killed me. 
:wub:

Wow. Just watched the episode with subs and it is gripping, funny, exciting, just terrific! Love the leads--as I knew I would--but the writing, other actors, locales, pacing, everything, were so compelling and fun.  As @Jillia said, was happy they had Kaya and Ji Won meet before he turns into Mr. Black. I'm happy we got to meet Ji Won, too, and to see what a lovely guy he is before the darkness sets in. Already care about these characters. Can't wait for what happens next!

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

All the conflict between Seon Jae and his father...... So much anger and sadness at the same time. "Don't appear in front of me again." That's some strong words.

So... I could be right. He may very well be pointing the gun at his father. While..  Black will be pointing the gun at SJ.

Star News - Daum: 'Goodbye Mr. Black' pilot, Lee Jin Wook♥ Moon Chae Won, start their romance mixed in revenge 

1. [+165, -34] Time went by too quick~ Are they heading straight to revenge? Lee Jin Wook's so handsome!!

2. [+135, -30] My type of drama. It's fun^^

3. [+129, -25] The story is better than I was hoping for. The sad parts are already heartbreaking but the first episode did such a good job explaining why such things have to happen

4. [+54, -17] Better than I thought. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode~~^^

Mydaily - Naver: 'Goodbye Mr. Black', Lee Jin Wook, Moon Chae Won and Kim Kang Woo, first episode that leaves viewers breathless

1. [+3,017, -182] Kim Kang Woo hard carries GMB, his acting is ㅎㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

2. [+2,455, -224] Woah Lee Jin Wook's so handsome ㄷㄷㄷㄷ

3. [+2,076, -152] Kim Kang Woo hard carried in last part ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Is he falsely accused now?

4. [+1,620, -256] Chae Won-ah, welcome back!! As expected, you never disappoint!!

5. [+604, -70] It's fun. Kim Kang Woo's acting is amazing, Lee Jin Wook is handsome and Moon Chae Won's so pretty

6. [+604, -74] The pace is so fast, the first part was a bit sloppy but the story's unfolding so rapidly once you pass the midpoint. Even with those wrinkles, Lee Jin Wook is handsome. I like how Moon Chae Won doesn't try to look pretty. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes

7. [+447, -51] Ah, it's inspired by 'The Count of Monte Cristo'ㅋ Didn't know Kim Kang Woo was this good at acting.. Moon Chae Won is so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+479, -63] Lee Jin Wook and Moon Chae Won's chemistry is no joke.. They match well. Kim Kang Woo's acting is jjang. Mr. Black exceeded my expectations

13 minutes ago, saokhueminh said:

Hey guys, just check ratings for GMB:

Goodbye Mr Black premieres with 3.9% Saddddd :(

I, myself am kinda surprised by the rating.... 

I think the raitings would get better as time goes by 

these just so much competition right now...

atleast there was positive comments on the ep

i watched it myself without end subs, can't expressed how exited I am on the next ep

loving black~swan chemistry already

1 hour ago, saokhueminh said:

Hey guys, just check ratings for GMB:

Goodbye Mr Black premieres with 3.9% Saddddd :(

It's OK, dear, all I need is this one Knetz comment "Mr. Black exceeded my expectations"

Everybody has their own taste, n there are many great dramas out there with low ratings, no surprise. A high quality production doesn't necessarily come with good ratings. The only advantages are ours, the viewers who're provided with many good dramas to watch on our table. I myself don't care that much cause as international viewer, I don't have to suffer the dizziness of changing channels when my favorite dramas are aired on the same time:)

Awesome! I'm glad i'm subbing an underdog drama! 

But it seems really well done! So I'm excited. 

There were two times that I had to prevent myself from screaming at the screen (미쳤나! You crazy!). But that's good. It means I'm getting into it and will enjoy it. 

It's got all my favorite baddies. Mr. Baek's killer majors in murderers, Mr. Baek is Chairman Han from Yong Pal. Didn't have too many scenes, but I for his char. Lee Dong Wook I liked from a medical!! I love his facial expressions. Moon Chae Won I think I started following cuz if Shining Inheritance (lovely show everyone go watch). I liked the eye acting??of Yoo In Young in Empress Ki and looked forward to her works. 

pd Han Heui made a lot of pretty to look at dramas so.. I think i can look forward to it! 

Imma wait to watch till 100% and interact with the TC to respond to comments. 

<3 Black is Back Team 

As  always the case...esp with dramas last year. Good drama with good story good acting... low rating. But I don't dwell much on ratings. It's over all quality of the drama that makes it good in the eyes of the viewers. As a non Korean who only understands English...in short..international viewer ( ha ha ikr) first episode is good. .. it can only get better.  Well... I guess it's us intl viewers who's gonna enjoy the drama :D

Hello Black Minions! (I finally got that's our name, haha, old, busy ahjumma here).

I think I will be able to watch the episode on Viki tonight, if workload allows!!! One question to our awesome live bloggers captain @Jillia@LyraYoo @evergreen@mulberry9and rest of team ( dear @nonski  @jeonghyang  @qwenli @nuneo0708 @hershlag) : do you just write as you see it on screen? What if two people post the same info or translate the same thing twice? I want to know in case one miraculous day all the stars align (I wake up on time, have perfect internet connectivity, have two working screens (one to type, one to watch), don't have to rush to make breakfast, etc) so I can join the live blogging team.

Also, can someone DM me the live streaming link(s)? (one that does not require me to go to the print shop and scan my passport and then send it to the broadcast station along with my family tree information)

My dears, please bear with me and my old, busy ahjumma questions. Thank you.

Kudos to our live recappers @Jillia @nonski  @jeonghyang @LyraYoo @evergreen @qwenli @mulberry9 @nuneo0708 @hershlag... You guys are awesome! I hope I did not miss out anyone.

I've watched the episode without sub, and I can say that its a good one, promising!

It's just sad that the other drama has already establish a good footing, so it's hard to penetrate... but still hoping that thru us international fans, this drama will have a breakthrough somehow.

I am not familiar with the manhwa or the Book where the story was adapted, so I will be watching this drama based on how the director and writer executes this.... I love the three leads, LJW, MCW, KKW, I knew these three can act well... they are not just pleasing to the eyes, but they are really good in their field... and I am waiting for the cutie SJR to appear... I knew SJR can deliver, I've watched some of his drama and he is really good...

I'm at work right now and I have to wait for another 8hours to get home and watched GMB with sub... this kills me.... but this thread is keeping me alive atleast.

Awaiting for another blast episode2 tonight... I will be seeing more of the awesomeness of our live recappers!!! Guys, you indeed rock!

Archived