[Drama 2015] Sassy Go Go (Cheer Up) 발칙하게 고고

Guest dramacf

Here's the rest of the student cast. http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000127137 

I only know the first two. The first girl in the photo Kang Min Ah from Seonam Girls High School Investigation and the guy next to her is Shin Jae Ha the serial killer from EP5 of I Remember You...

Finally script reading!!! Hooray!  http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000759734 

Go! Go! Sassy Go Go!

@kdramafan43v3r  thanks for update. Wow KBS that's a quick gathering and script reading already. We only learned of the final cast like two days ago. Ha ha. I see Ji Soo!! Happy I'll be able to watch brilliant acting from the breakout rookie!  Woo the fresh faces of Cheer Up! :)

Yeah..I recognize the young serial killer Shin Jae Ha  from IRY.. coolness. Another IRY reference. And I noticed.. this thread seems to have regs from IRY  oh and I know who I want to recap this drama Ha ha ha  the best  of course it's @kimnabong :)  bring her over here... he he

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow as in OMG.. Ji Soo! I just died and resurrected! that tough guy look. In character.  As Ha Joon, the mysterious kid with painful past. That stare!  Ji Soo  waiting to see once again his excellent acting and his charisma on screen!  Can it be Oct 5 already?!?!?! For me he's the star!  oh yeah. Wow. I just can't!

credit: to jisooturkey feed via Jisoo IG

Embedded image permalink

Looks  like Taeyang of Bigbang and Yoo Ah In. :)

Cheer Up / Sassy Go, Go. Coming soon. KBS. Oct 5 Mon-Tues. I Just like IRY days! :)

And while we wait.Not yet shown but Here's what tweeps twts... mainly about Ji Soo being in the drama. No complaints from me :)  :wub:

I loved Ji Soo in Angry Mom, and I can't wait to see what he'll bring to Sassy Go Go.

Sassy go go c'est un autre nom du drama ou il ya ji soo? Pcq sur soompi c'est cheer up!

translation: Sassy GB GB it is another name of the drama or there are ji soo? Pcq on soompi this is cheer up!

Finally ji soo have new drama! Bokdong ah I miss you xD

omomo Ji Soo oppa as the second 'male' lead for Eunji in Cheer Up!

high school k-dramas always excite me. and it has jung eun-ji and ji soo in it so that's a plusplusplusplus

Asik bokdong!!! RT TheDramaKorea: Jung Eun Ji, Lee Won Geun, & Ji Soo dipastikan bermain di drama KBS "Cheer Up!"

Translation: Cool bokdong! TheDramaKorea: Jung Eun Ji Won, Lee Geun, Ji Soo & ensured play in the KBS drama "Cheer Up!"

cr: moe/yellow/widyawi/seonbi-nin/jyc/elva/dramakorea

Cheer Up cast! Jung Eun Ji, Lee Won Geun, & Ji Soo

Embedded image permalink

credit: dramakorea feed

pix image ctto:

Eunji. Not familiar with her.  I've never watch Reply series. I mean,  rarely rarely watch kdrama with high school as main theme/stories. except AM (and bof. hehe).  This drama better be good! #sorrynotsorry repeat much  myself. What I want for this drama.. good story, acting, writing, directing.

COiFtvmUYAAIY9X.jpg
COiFtv_UsAA-K-g.jpg

Omo! Drama hasn't started yet and we already have a cute fanart of Eunji I saw from twitter...

COlBE1-UcAAFY6Y.jpg

Another BTS fantaken picture I saw on twitter...

COi1gDUUAAAgOqy.jpg:large

@jongski Reply 1997 is a must watch coming of age kdrama! It's got a sort of mystery within the drama (who ends up being the husband). Plus it's got this heartbreaking "bromance" that's soooo very different from all the bromance out there... 

@Felicia Soh hi dear.. It is good to "see", chingu... Like you, I'll be here when possible.

pix image ctto:

Eunji. Not familiar with her.  I've never watch Reply series. I mean,  rarely rarely watch kdrama with high school as main theme/stories. except AM (and bof. hehe).  This drama better be good! #sorrynotsorry repeat much  myself. What I want for this drama.. good story, acting, writing, directing.

@jongski, I have only seen Eunji in Trot Lovers. She has a warm smile that will thaw the most frozen of hearts, and a voice to die for.

I don't often watch high school drama either. (I get tired of bullying scenes in them), but it is encouraging that this is only 12 episodes; Hopefully they can focus on the more positive aspects of high school.

The picture of Jisoo which jongski has posted is Jisoo IG update today with caption "Hajoonie". So, that's Jisoo's new hairstyle as character Seo Ha Joon..

@fleurofjasmine            thank you for letting us know. Sad.. I like his other hair style much better.

'Cheeky Go Go' script reading session, cheerful and cheeky

photo632066.jpg

KBS 2TV's new Monday & Tuesday drama, 'Cheeky Go Go' have unveiled the snaps from the first script reading session, which was cheerful and cheeky as it was.

The cast and staff members of the production team have made a pleasant start with the successful script reading for 'Cheeky Go Go', which is anticipated to continue its unbeatable success of the school story series.

On this day, the fresh-faced leading actors and actresses Jung Eun-ji (Kang Yeon-doo), Lee Won-geun(Kim Yeol), Chae Soo-bin (Kwon Soo-ah), and Ji Soo (Seo Ha-joon) , the members of the school clubs in the drama, as well as the fabulous supporting actors of greating acting performances including Lee Mi-do (Nam Jeon-ah), Park Hae-mi (Choi Kyeong-ran), Kim Yeo-jin (Park Sun-yeong), Choi Deok-moon(Kim Byeongjae), Go Soo-hee (Choi Hyeonmi), and Kil Hae-yeon (Manager Lee) participated in the script reading and they all together heated up the room.

Chief producer Jeong Hae-ryong, well-known for 'School 4', in which Im Soo-jeong, Gong Yoo, and Lee Yoo-ri emerged as stars, said, "My love towards the school series is huge because I myself produced the series. I hope the drama will deliver the young and fresh energy".

Director Lee Eun-jin, well-known for KBS' 'Hope for Love', drama special 'Moaning Slave, 'Drama Special - Don't Worry, It's a Ghost' and more, said "'Cheeky Go Go' is not too deep nor too heavy. The drama was planned in hopes that all of us who are living our lives in this busy world will be able to enjoy each moment as it is and be boldly cheeky about it. I hope all of the actors and actresses and all of the staff members will be able to enjoy each moment working as well".

As such, the room was full of laughs thanks to the passionate acting and the vivacious lines of the scripts".

Drama 'Cheeky Go Go' will tell the story of young eighteen year old boys and girls, who go through the sweet and sour coming-of-age process and youthful romance.

'Cheeky Go Go' will air its first episode on October 5th after the completion of 'The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law'.

source

@irilight

I don't often watch high school drama either. (I get tired of bullying scenes in them), but it is encouraging that this is only 12 episodes; Hopefully they can focus on the more positive aspects of high school

Oh, that short? I didn't know it's only 12 episodes. But it's ok. I still get to see Ji Soo act. So I'm happy.

Plus Ji Soo will be able to attend Busan International Film Festival (dunno when is that) his indie movie Glory Day( hello awards!) will be screened there. Ji Soo along with young friends Kim Hee Chan of Cheese in the Trap, Ryu Joon Yool of Reply 1998 and Suho(EXO) stars in this coming-of -age film

Sorry for the slight OT  #indulge #shamelessplug #sorrynotsorry# :D:P

Director Lee Eun-jin, well-known for KBS' 'Hope for Love', drama special 'Moaning Slave, 'Drama Special - Don't Worry, It's a Ghost' and more, said "'Cheeky Go Go' is not too deep nor too heavy. The drama was planned in hopes that all of us who are living our lives in this busy world will be able to enjoy each moment as it is and be boldly cheeky about it. I hope all of the actors and actresses and all of the staff members will be able to enjoy each moment working as well".

Hm. "Not too deep nor too heavvy That's good to know. We want something with feel good drama for the youth. But I hope it will still show the talent/impressive acting of stars as we don't wants to see brilliant acting (esp Ji Soo) wasted. So this drama again for the nth time.. better be good! :)

Chief producer Jeong Hae-ryong, well-known for 'School 4', in which Im Soo-jeong, Gong Yoo, and Lee Yoo-ri emerged as stars, said, "My love towards the school series is huge because I myself produced the series. I hope the drama will deliver the young and fresh energy".

oh..this is interesting..chief producer of SGG is also chief producer of School 4?? I remember watched video of School 4 feat. Gong Yoo and Im Soo Jung in School 2013 ep special..School 4 also about school life in musical/dance/art school if I'm not mistaken..even they showed scene when Gong Yoo singing with piano..

@babyflo_15  I'm not sure either. KBS. OCT 5. Mon-Tue

For GV (good vibes)  in the morning or evening.. whichever part of the world you are :)

The four main cast of Cheer Up. JUG LGW CSH  and Ji Soo ( prolly the maknae)

Embedded image permalink

@fleurofjasmine I"m clueless about school series.. but this quote tho  "I hope the drama will deliver the young and fresh energy".

Yup we want that's good for the heart, light in the mind but heavy on acting skills. and with the young stars aboard.. then it will be a good one!

@jongski I only have watched School 2013.. what I know, School series is high-school themed drama from KBS which has been aired since 1999 (School 1-4) and School 5 (School 2013) and School 6 (WAY: School 2015). This series were known produce many korean big stars nowadays (like Ha Ji Won, Jo In Sung, Kim Rae Won, Lee Dong Wook, Lee Yoo Ri, Gong Yoo, Im Soo Jung, Lee Yoo Won, Jang Hyuk, Choi Kang Hee, Bae Do Na, etc and also LJS and KWB (S2013) KSH, YSJ, NJH also now popular after S2015). Articles from Dramabeans..

Nineties drama School gets a revival

by girlfriday | October 10, 2012 | 117 Comments

KimWooBin_LeeYubi2.jpg

New drama alert! Well, old-drama-becomes-new-drama alert, technically speaking. Popular ’90s high-school drama series School is getting a modern reincarnation, and the 2012 version produced by Bae Yong-joon (Keyeast/Contents K) has landed a broadcast slot in December on KBS.

The first names attached to the project are Kim Woo-bin (A Gentleman’s Dignity, White Christmas) and Lee Yubi (Nice Guy), who have already been paired once before on the sitcom Vampire Idol. (He was an alien vampire who fell in love with her inside a bunny mascot costume, not knowing there was a girl inside. Adorable.) Both actors are reportedly considering roles in the high school drama remake.

School was an immensely popular series that premiered in 1999, that featured fresh young faces and dealt with realistic issues teenagers faced in high school. It went on to air four seasons total with a new cast of characters each time. Now ten years later, Bae Yong-joon is likely trying to brand a similar hit series that has multiple seasons in its arsenal, much like he originally tried to do with Dream High. (But oh, how sideways that sequel went.)

KimWooBin_LeeYubi1.jpg

School has all the makings of a franchise because it’s less about a set story and more about a world (school, natch), and rests entirely on collecting a hot young cast. The original was as much a star-making factory as it was a drama series, as the roster of familiar names can attest.

Just a few of the stars who passed through its halls: Jang Hyuk, Ha Ji-won, Jo In-sung, Lee Dong-wook, Gong Yoo, Im Soo-jung, Su Ae, Kim Rae-won, Kim Min-hee, Lee Yo-won, Kim Nam-gil, Choi Kang-hee, Bae Doona, Jae Hee … the list goes on and on. The remake will be helmed by PDs Lee Min-hong (of School’s first season and Hometown Legends) and Lee Eung-bok (of Dream High 1 and 2), and the writers of Night Hospital.

The big question is the ensemble cast they’ll gather, and if the revamp will manage to feel fresh and interesting. It’s a little hard to tell if the loose concept of the original — high school students having high school problems — will hit audiences the same way, but I can definitely see something that’s more episodic in structure work out, if the writing is compelling throughout.

School is slated to air on Monday-Tuesday on KBS, following Oohlala Spouses.

School3.jpg

School2.jpg

School5.jpg

Via Star News, Osen

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/10/nineties-drama-school-gets-a-revival/

Will Cheer Up continue the School hot streak?

by javabeans | August 12, 2015 | 32 Comments

school2013-1a.jpg

A cheerleading drama? In Korea? Okay, KBS, make it work.

Cheer Up is the name of a new series being prepped for the Monday-Tuesday slot on KBS, and is set in a high school, telling stories of youthful friendships and loves. Pretty generic description, but since it’s being produced by Contents K, which did the well-received School 2013, I’m imagining a similar kind of coming-of-age vibe to the storytelling. Maybe just with more pompoms?

Cheer Up isn’t connected narratively to the School franchise, but is looking at the recent success of both the 2013 and 2015 installments as hopeful indicators for its run. (The previous series in the franchise were also quite successful, particularly in launching young careers; the 1999 original series and the School 2, 3, and 4 sequels include names like Jang Hyuk, Bae Doo-na, Choi Kang-hee, Kim Rae-won, Lee Yo-won, Kim Min-hee, Ha Ji-won, Jo In-sung, and Im Soo-jung. Not a bad roster.)

I’m not really sure how a cheerleading setup will play out in a K-drama, mostly because it seems like such a niche activity to focus a whole series on. I suppose the show won’t really be about cheerleading (in the way that sports dramas aren’t ever about the actual sport, and medical dramas aren’t really about medicine—they’re all about relationships at the core), so maybe it’ll be a fun way to put a fresh spin on a familiar brand.

Writing Cheer Up is Yoon Soo-jung of Mandate of Heaven and King’s Face, while PD Lee Eun-jin previously directed Trot Lovers. The drama will take up the post-Strange Daughter-in-Law timeslot and will premiere in October.

Via Joy News

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/08/will-cheer-up-continue-the-school-hot-streak/

more about School 4

http://asianwiki.com/School_4

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/School_4

@fleurofjasmine Thank you for the details explanation and research.  He he toggle back and forth here and JS thread. wuv it! <3 o(^_^)o

Well, the name mentioned in the previously to school series big stars now.   As mentioned previous pages, I'm more into jdorama high school themed drama.  I've seen bits and pieces of Reply 97 but never fully watched the show. I've never seen School 2013 nor 2015 (3 episodes only) so makes me clueless. Good story,acting and writing draws me to a drama. I'll try and watch some of what was mentioned above.

For Cheer Up.  I want it  to be soooooooo good. One that will surprise us. Because it's a sports drama and then 12 episodes which I think is just about right.

If you guys have seen Pride (jdorama starring kimutaku *I heart*) now that is one awesomely good sports drama. The story, the acting, the music.Bromance and friendship. All the right ingredients for good drama.

I'm excited. As you know I'm watching this for Ji Soo but also want the drama to be a good in all aspects.  Like I said.. sleeper hit of the the season. Fighting! They always say that, right? He he.

@kdramafan43v3r  thanks for the continuous update :)

But this tweet tho from segyerou  ...Ha ha

honestly can the real english title for eunji's drama pls stand up bc i've seen "sassy go go", "cheer up!" and now "insolently go go"? 

I'm actually just fine with title Cheer Up. When KBSworld was showing IRY you, the title is Hello Monster not IRY.

@fleurofjasmine  oh you know that this will go head to head with that KSR NJY drama. I saw premiere is also Oct 5 too Mon-Tue. I'll just see that one for KSR.  Too many young stars on Monday woooh. But of course when it comes to acting, I'll stick here to watch immensely talented  breakout rookie.:wub: From Bok Dong now Ha Joon. I'm such a dead give away! Haha. 

@jongski@babyflo_15     I thought I read somewhere it was 12 episodes, but I see MDL lists is for 16. So, I may have been mistaken.

Also, I have seen Drama Special by Director Lee Eun-Jin - "The Dirge Singer" with Kim Yoo-Jung and Seo Joon-Young. I highly recommend it. I believe our friend, @Felicia Soh, also saw it. It is still available to watch on KBSW channel on YT.

Also, I have seen his previous full length drama "Lovers of Music" (also with wonderful Eunji) (That drama had weaknesses, but they were all related to the script, I thought)

@fleurofjasmine     oh.. thank you for your write-up about the school series and the photos.

I actually watched School 2. It had amazing budding actors and actresses: Ha Ji-Won,  Kim Rae-Won, Jae Hee,  Ki Tae-Young, Kim Heung-Soo, Lee Yo-Won, - just to name a few.

tv Report - Naver: 'Sassy Go Go',  Jung Eun Ji in uniform again after 'Reply 1997'

1. [+114, -23] Her bangs complete the student look. It suits her

2. [+90, -22] The bangs remind me of 'Reply 1997'

3. [+86, -28] So pretty

4. [+33, -17] A female idol who's actually good at acting

5. [+21, -3] Her singing is topnotch and she's a good actress to boot

Credits: kkuljaem

Cheer Up (Sassy Go, Go) Waiting for October 5. Mon- Tues.

This tweet tho. :)

Woah the amount of potential in this one! Ji Soo and Lee Won Geun and Queen Eunji? YES PLEASE!!  (cr: yee)

Why the fudge am I excited?! He he. I know. You know. If you look at  all my post. Self explanatory.. and then some. 

While we're waiting for more updates for this drama. And since we're talking about school series...please indulge in wee bit of OT.

For another school series.. I've mentioned I want MARS k version... though the setting is not high school but more of college/university setting. But I do wish for a high school drama... I how about K version of  A Walk To Remember!. Ayiiiieeeee! Come on you surely have seen that, right? that movie? If not at lead the book? Perhaps network or cable one can do that. Or maybe. A K version of 10 Things I Hate About You.. I know ( you guys know, I think) who I want to star, if ever. Ha ha ha. Dramagods looking at Soompi thread for pulse of the viewers, right? Ha ha :P

Archived