[Drama 2015] Sassy Go Go (Cheer Up) 발칙하게 고고

Guest dramacf

Waiting!!!!!! October 5 for Sassy Go Go. Ji Soo! even though he's not the lead.

Oh well, why not!  Indulge. Posting this article from viki few months back

We tend to focus on the big-name drama idols, mostly to vicariously live through their high-stakes world of fame and fortune. Yet when it comes to raw acting talent, the playing field should remain even. In the name of recognizing rising talent, we're singling out rookie actor Ji Soo of "Angry Mom" as someone to keep an eye on. In "Angry Mom," Ji Soo portrays high school bully Go Bok Dong, and from his first scene he captivates viewers with a surprisingly high level of talent. Aside from viewers, media outlets have picked up on the young star's success, with photoshoots abounding following the first episode's airing.

Go Bok Dong as a character is an appealing first role, with his callous exterior giving way to inner sensitivity and insecurity. Such a character provides Ji Soo a showcase for two sides his acting chops, and allows him to find a plausible balance between the tough guy archetype and the road-weary orphan. Particularly polarizing is his wariness of nice people who "weaken him" while he gravitates towards other outwardly street-hardened characters who he understands.

jisoocollage.jpg

And this one too...from soompi

He’s new, he’s a looker, and he’s mysterious. And he’s got our attention. Such is the case with Ji Soo.

There are tons of factors that go into creating a successful show: from the writing, direction, and production personalities, to the casting, on-set chemistry, and marketing. Everything contributes to the massive collaboration involved in making a hit. But there’s a special kind of magic when a drama ends up showcasing an actor in the right way.He has an onscreen magnitude that sometimes belies his youth. (soompi)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the other actors.... well I dunno them.

Again, part of me wanted as well for Ji soo to decline. I'd have wanted Ji Soo  be part of another drama *coughs* Signal... and not playing a high school kid and typecast as such but more of a mature role.. but then again if character is great and can showcase his impressive acting.... Here I am full throttle support!

But I'm still going to wait if ever for k drama version of MARS with my dream cast and starring Ji Soo. A role that can really show his fantastic acting skills.

For now,  I'm ok with  Sassy Go Go. Is this really gonna be the title or Cheer Up? Waiting for script reading pics. Post it when it happens. Thanks

Ji Soo lookin' so fine... of course. I've seen this pic tons of times :)

Embedded image permalink

Jisoo is mysterious because he has a bad past. ever love an Ahjumma and also a gangster in the past xD

Okay, i am in for this

JISOO FIGHTING XD

but he will be the second lead here right ??

Ha ha ha I get you! :)

Yeah..second lead.. oh well. But I guess let's give it  it LWG.. he's more of the senior actor. Ji Soo is rookie.. but a really brilliant rookie.

Hey you guys from IRY thread... yeee!. Lets e make this  cool!

@evelynray Hey there.....yep, familiar face. But gonna watch the drama for Ji Soo and I hope the story, the writing, the directing, the production and the music... better be excellent. Like I mentioned previous page.. we could have a sleeper hit with this one. Yeah. :)

Thank you @kdramafan43v3r  @jongski @nearsea for the explanation about The Breakfast Club :) 

Jisoo is mysterious because he has a bad past. ever love an Ahjumma and also a gangster in the past xD

Okay, i am in for this

JISOO FIGHTING XD

but he will be the second lead here right ??

LOL :w00t:, yes..so Seo Ha Joon's mysterious secret past is he used to be a gangster member under Ahn Dong Chil and has unrequited first love with his classmate's mother. LOL :D

I quoted this from Dramabeans

The drama will be directed by PD Lee Eun-jin (Trot Lovers, Anticipate Love) and written by Yoon Soo-jung of King’s Face and Mandate of Heaven. Producing is Contents K of School 2013.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/08/kim-yoo-jung-considers-high-school-drama-cheer-up/

I have a faith with this drama because it will be produced by Contents K of School 2013 and the writer also seems like a decent writer..judging by his/her resume dramas (KF and MoH).. so I hope it will as good as School 2013 and will emphasize about school life, extraculicular life (dance and cheerleading club), friendships, and not love as a main plot story..

I know I know LGW (I dunno him) is the lead star and I read from some comments he's also fantastic actor and did more kdrama so lets give credit as he's more the senior actor than Ji Soo. Let's all love these cast and not speak (or post as is the case.. he he) ill words with any of the actors in this drama, copish?! :)

But......Ji Soo undiscovered rookie (until Angry Mom) and he showed his brilliant acting. And he ain't part of any kpopgroup idol group. He's mostly pure actor. When the the time comes that the senior hallyu actors go for their MS.. Ji Soo and company will take over kdrama! Oh yeah! :)

Waiting for the first script reading. Again, I'm not into kdrama with story or theme about high school kids. I almost always never watch.But I watched AM even though it's in high school setting but it deals more with Social Issues and I'm so glad I watched it from start to finish. I owe my Soompi existence to that drama and Ji Soo. :)

Oh yes Ji Soo can be cute.. adorably cute shy and charming (Hello? did you watch Angry Mom?! Haa.) But he also showed his charismatic side, even no lines were uttered..  you feel the on-screen presence.

11098712_405481069623690_390680715_n.jpg

I'd have wanted Ji Soo to in a drama with a mature role - something with grit and passion. He deserves to be part of a drama that can show his immense talent. This SGG/ Cheer up better be good!!!! story wise and everything else.

11176157_1627982797435345_647203254_n.jp

Surprise us KBS. Just like with I  Remember You!

@fleurofjasmine before this begins, I'll watch Mandate of Heaven.. just to feel how the writer weaves a story. I really really really look for good acting, good writing and good directing when it comes to dramas. MBB AM IRY my top dramas...these drama boast of those. And really deserve end of the year awards.

I hope this one right now surprise us with good content, good writing. and of course wonderful acting. I know I'll get that from Ji Soo.. and hopefully the others too.

Surprise us KBS. Just like with I  Remember You!

@jongski, I quoted you! Forgot about this..yes..KBS..I have faith with you..at least you won't ruined your drama if your drama got low ratings (example, I Remember You)..

Exactly. And although IRY got low local viewers rating.. it was HIT with international viewers like us but the content of drama is amazing from every aspect. ..well except for that tiny hiccup the last ep...

Formula of good drama: story, acting, writing, directing, cinematography, music. 

@kdramafan43v3r, hi and thank you for starting this thread.  

Wonderful cast brought me here, and waving hi to    @Felicia Soh,   @fleurofjasmine, @jongski, @ruzikie,

And looking forward to discussing with new friends.

I am a bit surprised about Lee Mi-Do in this drama, because I know she is also cast in the web drama with Kim Jae-Wook.

I adored Jung Eunji in "Trot Lovers."  I loved Ji Soo in "Angry Mom",   I adored In Gyo-Jin performances lately ("Tears of Heaven" and "Make a Woman Cry"), and I liked Lee Won-Geun in WCSBS, Secret Door, and TMTETS.

Sorry, I don't know the idols, but I guess I'll get to meet them here.

Viki has a potential page for the drama under the title "Cheer Up"   (same title as on AsianWiki)

To help get it subbed, please click on "Follow" button on the channel

https://www.viki.com/tv/28848c-cheer-up

And also submit a title request form for the title Viki has: Cheer Up - 지금부터 치얼업

(I use both English and Hangul titles)

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Don't forget to press "Favorite"

Let the Viki Business Team know you're interested to see this show by filling out this form !!! ^^

Here's the rest of the student cast. http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000127137 

I only know the first two. The first girl in the photo Kang Min Ah from Seonam Girls High School Investigation and the guy next to her is Shin Jae Ha the serial killer from EP5 of I Remember You...

2015091009444920369-540x395_99_201509100

Finally script reading!!! Hooray!  http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000759734 

Go! Go! Sassy Go Go! 

20150910134608045xqxy.jpg

Here's the rest of the student cast. http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=312&aid=0000127137 

I only know the first two. The first girl in the photo Kang Min Ah from Seonam Girls High School Investigation and the guy next to her is Shin Jae Ha the serial killer from EP5 of I Remember You...

The rest of the actors are Kim Min-ho, Park Yu-na, Oh-woon (from Idol group Halo), Jung Hae-na and Kang Gu-reum. 

Hello @irilight and @valsava chingu and everyone here - I am interested in this drama because of the genre and the entire casts but as usual I won't stay long, just contributing whenever possible. 

Archived