[Drama 2015] Sassy Go Go (Cheer Up) 발칙하게 고고

Guest dramacf

On 26/2/2016 at 9:22 AM, season_goong said:

@fleurofjasmine So gladddddddddddddddd that I still see you here.

I also miss SGG. After SGG I only watch 2 dramas and both of them are quite good in the beginning but come to a mess at the end and ruined by the producers (from your Twitter I think we are watching same drama haha)

About the award, yah It's "only" Soompi Award but it's voted by i fan and SGG casts won some prize even we (mem of this thread) didn't do anything to call for vote. That means SGG is loved by fan a lot. Eunji, Wongeun and Jisoo also recorded a vid to thank you, so at least this Award has some influence. And since this is first award of LWG and JS, I hope they will always remember it. 

JS received Rookie Award at Max Movie Award yesterday. His career is going up quite well and his next projects get high expectation too. LWG may choose to focus on movie than drama but I think it's a right choice for him. And other casts also have new projects (and most of them are casted together in same project(Jaeha- Jisoo, Wongeun- Soobin, Jaeha-Minah) haha I love it so much)

P/s: several months after SGG ended but there are still 92 pp following this thread 

@season_goong

wow, you knew my twitter?? hehe..what is your twitter account? who know that we could discuss many things about kdrama on twitter.. :) (If you don't mind PM me your twitter, but if not, it's okay :) )

yes!!! so happy for OT13!!

Jisoo and SJH soon in Page Turner

Jisoo soon in Glory Day and Scarlet Heart

KMA and N soon in web drama (I forget the tittle)

LWG and CSB in movie Her Name is Jangmi

JEJ and her group A-Pink

and I also just knew that LWG was casted in Kim Ki Duks's new movie (you can check Hancinema) --> but when he will appear in drama again???

about love triangle: I really really happy SGG was different with other dramas. Actually I just watched 2 dramas after SGG (first, 2 eps MBC drama special SSL and 2nd the current drama which now mess with its controversy..hehe)..and I'm so frustated!! (and I was glad I didn't watch that drama with husband hunt thing..hahaha). In SGG there was no shipping war, character war or fanwar!! I love this production team. They were live shooting but could managed produce high-quality drama (imo, of course). The writing was consistent. I'm sure will check-out next drama from this writer(s) :) 

and it seems eunji often meet-up with Haena..aww..they are now BFF..

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@fleurofjasmine I just send you DM you on Twitter. I am very quiet on Twitter because no one knows me but let's discuss about Kdrama there. 

I think Korean writers take love triangle as an indispensable part of any K Drama but the point is how they handle it. There was also love triangle in SGG but thank God the feeling of each character is totally clear that YD and KD liked each other and HJ's love is one-side. And thank to the writers that they also created beautiful bromance and friendship, so that there is no shipping war. I really miss the peaceful atmosphere among us here even though our feeling were on roller coaster everyday with SGG.

Me too, I also watch 2 dramas after SGG but unfortunately, I am frustrated with shipping war and the way writers and producer team messed up with the characters.

I think LWG wants to focus more on big screen. I think it's better for him to take some more supporting role in movie with big name in the industry then come back to a lead role in drama. I am so excited for JS new drama but it will air in Sep, there is a long way ahead.

I remember voting for SGG at Soompi Awards without expecting much cause of other competitors more popular. so needless to say I'm surprised and more happy and excited that they actually won sth! xD Best OTP and Second lead syndrome lol no doubt SGG is well loved int and I believe it had good reviews in SK too. I'm glad that Eunji, Won Geun and Jisoo left video messages, they're so sweet and cute, just like the whole cast of this drama. Along with the storyline, the bond between the cast is what made this drama special to me. Everything seems genuine, Eunji and Haena likely became best friends, where Haena would claim Eunji hers on Insta lol so so adorable. Won Geun and Jisoo mentioned it to be their 1st award made me feel kind of emotional cause it means sth special to them. SGG might not have been a high rating drama but it was a well done and meaningful drama. I appreciated that the writer and PD didn't try using methods for the sake of rating and popularity. The love triangle was introduced to everyone dismay but in the end the writer proved us wrong and showed that she didn't loose her focus, that yes friendship conquer all. (Hajoon confession stays one of the most memorable and earnest confessions from a second male lead to me *nods*) Even though some said it's a lost battle regarding the rating from the start, it's obvious the staff and everyone gave their best til the end. Until the last shot, it was beautiful and memorable. SGG is such a little gem for school drama in dramaland. I'm looking forwards to the cast future projects, LWG, Jisoo, Minah and others part of OT13, my little precious <3 And I'll continue to pray for their reunion (esp Eunji and Jisoo! come on! lol)

Haena's claim on Eunji lol and Jaeha comment loll someone is apparently 'obsessed' or rather jealous keke

@season_goong

Yes, actually no one of my friends in real life know about my twitter account haha..I'm not following any my real life friends..I only use my twitter for spazzing anything I like and don't like, because that my private account. Soompi is public forums, so I should consider other people before I posted something (I learned about this from Jisoo soompi thread haha)

Agree with your opinion. I usually think why kdrama writer so much like love triangle arc. Okay, if they already have a clear plan about the plot since beginning, but if they add love triangle arc just for ratings or follow audience desire, it's a big no for me. Actually that was my concern about love triangle in SGG, because it seems because viewers love Hajoon. However, I was so glad and relieved that SGG writer(s) have a clear plot and didn't lose it in the middle of drama. 

I think like that too about LWG. He seems want to focus on film/movie field now. Moreover, if I'm not mistaken his new movie seem high quality film (?) (but, I was wondering why popular site haven't write about this, except Hancinema, not because LWG, but it's Kim Ki Duk).

@RanP

you know, I think i missed Soompi Awards because when they anoounced the winner, I was thinking, what? when did they held this awards? so I felt sad I didn't choose SGG.. and agree with everything you said about love triangle. I love this production team, PD and writer. I felt so proud that I was part of SGG fandom when its aired last year, despite based on TV ratings SGG could be mentioned as a fail drama, but based on writing, acting, directing, SGG is one of great and success drama.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Hello chingus!

I have to admit that I don't know anything about Soompi Awards until I saw someone post the clips on Twitter (Haha Twitter is my private place for fangirling lol). So bad that I didn't vote for SGG. At first I thought that that clip just listed out the winner but then I saw Eunji, Wongeun and Jisoo, so surprised. And I think that maybe this award somehow has some influence and maybe meaningful to them (especially Jisoo and Wongeun who said that this is their first award). Can I dream that they also know about us in this thread who supported SGG wholeheartedly? Haha I suddenly feel so proud to participate in this thread lol

Every year in K Drama land, there are huge project that only brings disappointment and there are little gems with low investments, unpopular cast but still receive good feedback and love from people. I can confidently say that SGG is one of those little gems of 2015.

If Jisoo and Eunji pair for new drama, I wish that it will be a rom-com, not melodrama. If it happens for real, I think we could meet most of chingus here again in the thread of that film haha

• 3 weeks later...

Translaton of Jisoo interview with Starnews last November

Jisoo

How do you feel now that “Sassy Go Go” is over?

I have mixed feelings. I feel empty because I said goodbye to the other actors after spending so much time with them. It was like being at training camp. Now that the drama is over, I fill up the empty space with text messages or by instant messaging them. It’s sad.

Jung Eun Ji, N (VIXX), Chae Soo Bin, Kim Min Ho, there were many actors in their 20’s. I think it must have made filming special too, compared to your previous drama “Angry Mom”.

I didn’t really know any of them at first. We didn’t meet that much before the first day of filming. The director said the actors had to get close real fast, so he created opportunities to make it happen before filming started. To be honest, once filming started, we grew closer because we saw each other every day. I miss all of them.

Do you have something you remember the most about “Sassy Go Go”?

First, I couldn’t go home. I kept filming without taking a break. And what I remember is cheerleading, although it was something I wasn’t familiar with. We started off without being close and back then, we just practiced without talking to each other. Afterward, we grew closer as we kept bumping into each other during practice. That was the meaning of being able to complete a move because we had to bring our energy together to do it. The drama symbolic was shown even better because we were in two different teams. It’s a drama meaningful to me.

Before broadcast started, the fact that idols like Jung Eun Ji, N and young actors would be in the drama were quite an issue, but the drama failed in terms of ratings. Aren’t you sad about the ratings?

The director told us not to worry about the ratings because our drama was against big productions like SBS “Six Flying Dragons” and MBC “Glamourous Temptation”. That’s why he said we should enjoy and have fun while filming. However, as an actor, I cannot not worry about the ratings of the dramas I’m in. The ratings were very unfortunate. It gave me strength whenever it would rise, even by just 0,1%.

What will you remember about “Sassy Go Go” which got those low ratings?

I don’t think the drama itself was bad. I think viewers actually related to this school setting dealing with the reality and the ideal in which teenagers live in and the worries they have. I also thought that I was attending an ideal school through this drama in which I acted things I never experienced when I was in school. I can’t use ratings to express what this drama means to me. Starting with the writer, the director, as well as making friends my age and working with sunbaes, I got to meet so many people. It’s not easy to become friends with the people you film with. That’s why it makes the drama even more meaningful to me.

Your charachter suffered from anger management issues. How is your personality in real life?

I used to be kind of hot-tempered too. I’m no longer like that. In the past, I would argue a lot with my mom over silly things. I was very regretful after we had an argument. I hated myself. I promised myself that I would never do it again. Getting angry at people you love is very foolish. If there are people like that, please think about the people you love.

There was a love triangle in the plot. Did you experience a love triangle when you were in school?

Love triangle… Well, I went to all-boy middle and high schools. I didn’t get the opportunity to be in a love triangle. Even now. I’m very not familiar with being friends with women. I was lucky because I become friends with girls like Eun Ji and Chae Soo Bin while filming this drama. Although it was difficult, I found out that I could also be friends with women.

In this drama and in your previous drama “Angry Mom”, you portrayed a teenager. Don’t you want to try play a man in his 20’s like you are? Do you think you can widen the range of the acting you can show?

I prefer roles of students, teenagers. I’m attracted to this kind of projects because I really like these roles. When I got the role this time, I thought to myself “will I be able to play it again?”, “won’t this be the last time?” because portraying a teenager from now on will be difficult for because I’m getting older.

You played with Baro (B1A4) in MBC drama “Angry Mom”, with Suho (EXO) in the movie “Glory Days”, and even with Jung Eun Ji and N in this drama. You worked with many idols. Do you have a special know-how?

I find it fascinating too! I realized that I’m coicidentally parternered up with idols in every project I do. It’s not because of something I do. It’s just fascinating.

Is there one of these idols you’d like to see again?

All of them, if the opportunity comes. If I were to choose just one person, it’s Suho-hyung. We filmed “Glory Days” together and he’s the one I became the closest with. Our views on acting are similar. Besides, Suho-hyung studied acting for a long time. That’s why I learned a lot from him. As we shot this movie together, I learned many things such as the human aspect od things and that helped me.

You were exceptionally loved by teen viewers. Please tell them a few words of support.

Studying is a good thing, but I hope you will do what makes you happy. That’s how I’m trying to live my life. To be honest, life is hard because our society makes teenagers invest everything into studying for an opaque future. I wish teenagers wouldn’t act this way. Our future is important, but the present is important too, so I hope you will be happy today.

Starnews
Translation: @thesunnytown – thesunnytown.wordpress.com

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/20151118-starnews-jisoo-interview/

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2016 at 11:50 AM, fleurofjasmine said:

OMG  @season_goong

thank you for posting about Soompi Awards. Actually I knew about that yesterday but only could spazzing on my twitter. I forgot to post in here..

my reaction basically same with you..

I was so excited finally SGG won something, even though this is "only" Soompi Awards, but this was voted by I-fans.

I was LOL-ing with Jisoo won SLS awards. I was wondering, did Jisoo even know about SLS?? LOL

and and finally!! our OTP LWG and JEJ won best couple..

and Eunji called Wongeun, Oppa!!!

so awww..LWG and JS said that this awards is their first awards...T_T

I really miss SGG..

and I was thinking that SGG also one of kdrama which also pull "love triangle" arc, but I was happy that there was no shipping war, or character war...(so tired with those 2 things..made watching experience less interesting)

It's been such a long time since I came to Sassy Go Go soompi thread but I feel so happy to know that our kids were able to get awards because of soompi fans!

And it's a special kind of drama which can get love from fans both for best couple AND for second lead syndrome! I don't think we ever saw a drama that can do that before.

• 1 year later...

I'm finally getting around to watching this drama. I'm only on episode 5 and I hope this drama will teach the kids to be trail blazers and stand up for what is right and not complacent in order to protect just themselves. If the world lived by the code of just mind your own business and let wrong be done to others and you say nothing, a lot of the human rights that have been won over the years would disappear. I think about the women who marched for the right to vote, the young black kids who marched for the right of equality and so many more examples around the world. I hope the message of sit back and keep your mouth shut doesn't continue in this drama--the male lead looks so wimpy at the moment.

I like the actors, but I wish they would actually get teenagers to play the role of teenagers and not these 22, 25, 27 year olds.

Update: It's nice to know that she was willing to stand up. Sadly, this drama also shows how controlled Korea is by the wealthy.

Episode 8 - as much as I love the male lead and want to see him as the lead in a drama, I have to say from a character perspective, Yeol,  I'm not impressed with him. I've very impressed with his friend, HaJoon,  who is also falling for Yun Doo. This boy went crazy searching for her, while Yeol was running back to the camp to confront Soo Ah. Worse, he doesn't even tell the teacher that Soo Ah is the reason Yun Doo is missing--what a crappy 'boyfriend'. He knows that Soo Ah stole the flash drive, why is he still protecting her. That's what is so stupid about this drama, the so called "good" people protecting the "evil" people. What really makes me impressed with Ha Joon is he has so much to lose and a father who abuses him physically, yet, he's willing to take risks to stand up for what is wrong--even before Yeol. Sorry, but as for me, Ha Joon should get the girl in the end and let Yeol and Yun Too end up as brother and sister since their parents are dating and have been for a while.

I'm done with this drama. I can't bare to watch another episode. It's so stupid in how it's depicting the lying, scheming, Soo Ah. Most of those students would have cut her loose a long time ago. Her schemes are the type that ruin reputations. I also was not a fan of KY's character. I was more impressed with HJ who was brave to stand up with Yeon on issues knowing that it could mean a beating from his father.  KY resentment is so shallow to me. Yes he was left alone as a child for 2 days after his mother left him alone in the house, however, he should at least have the mental capacity to distinguish the harsh treatment of HJ's father, compared to the mild treatment of his own father. He should also be able to reason how his father must have felt knowing his mother left him for another man.

The writer created a mess of these characters. It was awful to see how this drama revolved around Soo Ah and her actions and how the others for the most part let her get away with it.

I wanted HJ and YD together after episode 8 when KY knew that YD was missing and SA had a hand in it. Instead of telling the teacher the truth so they could get a full picture to look for her, he kept his mouth shut.....what kind of crapola is that. I'm supposed to like this now weak KY who is protecting SA?  Also, are we to believe that YD is just going to keep her mouth shut about what SA did to her?  Around the camp fire, KY is asking SA why she left YD after he said that he was going to let YD handle it however she wanted too, my question is why didn't he call out SA for stealing the exam?  This little 12 episode drama started off okay, but by episode 8, I was done with he noble idiocy. Give me a break writers. 

This is just sloppy writing on a number of levels. By episode 8, this drama had gotten on my last nerve. Soo Ah went around slapping people and never acknowledging her own guilt and these ridiculously "good" people let her get away with it. I  won't even bother watching the remaining 4 episodes. This drama is just too frustrating to watch. Why these kids are so loyal to Soo Ah is beyond me. Also, no school would have kept her after the numerous wrongs.

Archived