[Drama 2015] Sassy Go Go (Cheer Up) 발칙하게 고고

Guest dramacf

Guest dramacf

sassygogo.thumb.png.6dee8399041bed7b8589

FHr2kaZ.jpg

Drama: Sassy Go Go (formerly known as Cheer Up!)
Hangul:  발칙하게 고고
Genre: School
Network: KBS2
Episodes: 12
Director: Lee Eun-Jin
Writer: Yoon Soo-Jung
Release Date: 05 October 2015
Runtime: Monday- Tuesday 21:55
Production Company:
OST:
Official Site: 
http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/cheerup/

MAIN CAST:    

ADDITIONAL CAST:  

SYNOPSIS:

With cheerleading as the background, the drama depicts the friendships and loves of youths, while dealing with a harsh educational environment that emphasizes competition.

TEASER 1

TEASER 2

TEASER 3

RELATIONSHIP CHART

CQMhklsWsAAtTAe.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR K DRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Thosewho are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like   Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramacf

Jung Eun-ji offered lead in cheerleading drama Sassy, Go Go

by javabeans | September 2, 2015 | 40 Comments

jungeunji_25.jpg

Jung Eun-ji (Trot Lovers, Answer Me 1997) may be going back to high school for her next project—she’s currently considering a role in KBS’s cheerleading drama Sassy, Go Go, the new title for the show formerly known as Cheer Up. (It’s not too late to convince KBS to change the name back, is it?)

She’s not confirmed for the show yet, but her reps stated that she’d received the offer and is considering it. It makes sense given that she worked with the PD, Lee Eun-jin, onTrot Lovers last year; that drama wasn’t successful and was riddled with flaws, but I did think Jung Eun-ji was quite good in it (really, without her the show wouldn’t have been worth watching at all). On the downside, this means that Kim Yoo-jung is out, since Jung Eun-ji is up for the same role Kim had reportedly been considering; Kim reportedly had schedule conflicts and couldn’t make it work.

The character is a second-year high school student with a lively, frank personality, which is definitely something Jung Eun-ji could play. She’s popular and is a leader on the cheerleading team, but her terrible grades are her Achilles’ heel in a school environment that puts such emphasis on academic achievement.

KBS must be experimenting with drama lengths, because Sassy, Go Go will be 12 episodes, as will be the drama that precedes it, Strange Daughter-in-Law. If this is a new pattern, I am all for it—I almost always want dramas to be shorter, whether they’re 16 episodes, 20, or more.

Sassy, Go Go will either premiere as a Monday-Tuesday drama in late September or early October (the indecision is likely due to the Chuseok holiday falling in the last week of September, and dramas are often pre-empted, though not always).

Via Star NewsTV Daily

Ji-soo, Lee Won-geun up to play high schoolers in Sassy, Go Go

by javabeans | September 3, 2015 | 50 Comments

gogo1.jpg
Jung Eun-ji, Lee Won-geun

Keeping in mind that none of these castings is confirmed yet, I’m glad to see the names in the mix for KBS’s cheerleading high school drama Sassy, Go Go—or rather, I’m really excited about ONE name in the latest crop, and that’s newcomer Ji-soo, who came out of nowhere and stole all his scenes in Angry Mom earlier this year. (He had us all screaming “MORE JI-SOO” and now we may have more Ji-soo, so basically I’m happy.)

But fine, let’s start with the leads: Jung Eun-ji (Trot Lovers) is still in the mix for the main role of a high school cheerleader who’s popular and outgoing but has bad grades.Lee Won-geun is up for his first leading role playing the perfect boy who has everything: looks, brains, grades. I’ve seen Lee Won-geun in a handful of roles but don’t really have much of an opinion of him; he seemed okay as a cute young member of the circus troupe in Hyde, Jekyll, Me, had a short role playing a spoiled rich richard simmons in the sageuk Secret Door, and also played young Song Jae-rim’s child role in The Moon That Embraces the Sun. He’s okay I guess?

I have a slightly stronger impression of Chae Soo-bin from her recent turn playing a North Korean spy in Spy, and I have the vague recollection that she was pretty good in that. Her character sounds like the opposite of Jung Eun-ji’s, in that she’s got her ambitious path mapped out for her (thanks to her mother) with the goal of attending an elite American university. She’s smart, charismatic, and has leadership skills, and is head cheerleader, or at least one of them; Jung Eun-ji would be the main leader of the squad.

gogo2.jpg
Ji-soo, Chae Soo-bin

Ji-soo, meanwhile, does a complete 180 from the neglected, deliquent, hardened street rat (with a heart of gold!) he played in Angry Mom, since his character has never lost his ranking as Number 1 in the whole school, on top of being competitive at the top of the nation-wide lists—he’s so smart that he finds university-level math problems easy. When the rankings came out for the first time at school, his were so stellar that they made everyone snap to attention, and he’s been the subject of scrutiny and interest ever since.

I’m still so stuck on Ji-soo as the gruff hoodlum with an adorably boyish crush (on Kim Hee-sun) that I’m not sure how I’ll believe that he’s a total brainiac… but Angry Momproved Ji-soo is an acting talent to watch out for, so I have total faith he’ll be credible. I have even more total faith that I’ll fall in love with him all over again, and am just thrilled he’s getting more roles, even if it’s not leads just yet. [girlfriday interjection: “I am so offended that he’s not the lead!”] Okay, I agree with that statement, but we get to see him week after week on our screens! [girlfriday: “SO OFFENDED!”]

(And now, I’m left wondering how weird/cool/jarring it would have been to have had Kim Yoo-jung still in this drama with Ji-soo in it as well, where she’s the dummy and he’s the brain. Also, where he’s not being all threatening and maybe instead getting all pine-y over her instead of her mother. I kind of wish we could’ve had that reunion, but I’m kind of also glad to avoid that awkwardness.)

Sassy, Go Go will be a KBS Monday-Tuesday drama that follows Strange Daughter-in-Law.

Via IS PlusTV Report

CREDITS: Dramabeans

Thanks @kdramafan43v3r for starting this thread. 

Source of news on the confirmation of the casts.

기사의 0번째 이미지

Another cast, actress Lee Mi-do will be playing the role of Oh Nam-jeong (Cheerleading Teacher)

201509081646321110_1.jpg

Source

Other Supporting Casts :

Kim Ji-young,  Park Hae-mi, In Gyo-jin, Gil Hae-yeon, Oh Yong, Song Ok-sook, Yu Seung-bong, Go Soo-hee, Jeon Mi-seon and Kim Yeo-jin

I miss watching Kim Ji-young in KBS drama - can't wait to watch her in this drama. Kim Yeo-jin's most memorable character is her "script writer" role in "World's Within" - love that drama. 

Guest dramacf

@Felicia Soh OMG! Jeon Mi Seon, Eunbi and Eunbyul's mom in School 2015 is in this drama?!!! What are the odds that she's the mom of Eunji's character? Haha!

And Kangja's friend in Angry Mom is here, too! Looks like this is going to be fun!

Then there's Jang Nara's mom in FTLY is in the cast as well and . Nice!

Thanks @kdramafan43v3r for starting this thread :) 

Jung Eunji, Lee Won Geun, VIXX’s N, Ji Soo, and More Confirmed for KBS Cheerleader Drama

Jung Eunji, Lee Won Geun, VIXX’s N, Ji Soo, and More Confirmed for KBS Cheerleader Drama

KBS’s upcoming cheerleading drama “Cheer Up!” has confirmed its cast to include A Pink‘s Jung Eunji, Lee Won Geun, VIXX‘s N, Ji Soo, Chae Soo Bin, and more.

The drama will have the actors portray a variety of students, from straight-A students to problematic students at a prestigious high school that is also a boarding school. Somewhat similar to “The Breakfast Club,” the various students will gather together to form a cheerleading club.

Jung Eunji will portray Kang Yeon Du who is described as being active, honest, popular, and loyal to boot. However, after entering her new school she becomes a poor student. As for the male lead, Lee Won Geun will act as Kim Yeol who is handsome and boasts stellar grades. Interestingly enough, he is also depicted as a free soul. The pair will be at odds with each other when they join different dance and cheerleading teams.

Having successfully acted in various dramas including “Reply 1997” and “Trot Lovers,” many viewers are excited to see Jung Eungji flaunt her acting skills once again. Meanwhile, Lee Won Geun debuted Song Jae Rim‘s younger counterpart in “The Moon That Embraces the Sun” and has since acted in “Secret Door” and “Hyde, Jekyll, Me.”

VIXX’s N will have his first lead role as Ha Dong Jae. His character is brilliant and also has a 4-D oddball personality. Apparently, he will be able to show off his hidden charms as well as experience some romance through his role.

Ji Soo, who gained numerous fans through MBC‘s “Angry Mom,” will portray Seo Ha Joon who is a mysterious student with a secret painful past. His character will be vastly different from his “Angry Mom” character, as he is described to be in the top 5 percent of his school class. However, he endures a tremendous amount of stress due to his studies and grades. On the bright side, he will enjoy a cute bromance with Lee Won Geun!

Rookie actress Chae Soo Bin will be joining the drama as Kwon Su Ah. Her character’s mother has her whole future outlined for her. Although she only joined the cheerleading team as a resume booster, she discovers that she has cheerleading talent. Despite being a new face, the actress has experience as a lead in KBS’s weekend drama “Bluebird’s House.”

The drama promises to deliver quality dancing and singing performances, so there’s high expectations all around. The first episode of “Cheer Up!” will follow “The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law” and air on October 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

Are you planning on checking out the upcoming drama?

Source (1) (2)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/08/jung-eunji-lee-won-geun-vixxs-n-ji-soo-and-more-confirmed-for-kbs-cheerleader-drama/

VIXX N – Chae Soo-bin- Jisu to star in ‘Cheer up’ (working title)

Posted by: Jin Kim , September 8, 2015

VIXX N – Chae Soo-bin- Jisu to star in ‘Cheer up’ (working title)

VIXX N,  actress Chae Soo-bin, and Jisu were cast in the role of high school students.

Rising star Cha Hak-yeon (VIXX N), Chae Soo-bin, and Jisu are expected to work together for the great synergy.

KBS 2TV new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Cheer up’ (working title) announces the birth of new rising stars following Jung Eun-ji and Lee Won-geun.

First, VIXX N (Cha Hak-yeon will attack the female fans hearts by his first lead role work.

He will show very unique charms by playing as ‘Ha Dong-jae’ who is good at studying but his mental age is like 8~12 years old. Especailly, it is expected how he will describe fresh and thrilling romance.

Also, rookie Chae Soo-bin will play as a honour student ‘Kwon Soo-ah’ who lives up to her mother’s plan in order to get into a prestigious college. Kwon Soo-ah (Chae Soo-bin) joins a cheerleading club for her extra activities for college application, but realises her talent.

Jisu who were loved by many female fans in MBC ‘Angry Mom’, will play as a mysterious honour student ‘Seo Ha-joon’.

Meanwhile, the drama ‘Cheer up’ is a story that a club of honour students and that of troublemakers are merged and their dissonance is recreated to fantastic harmony. ‘Cheer up’ will be aired on KBS 2TV on October 5.

GET IT K Han Jihee Photo by Jellyfish Entertainment/Toin Entertainment/PrainTPC English Translation by Jin Kim

Copyright ⓒ GET IT K(getitk.com), All Rights Reserved.

http://www.getitk.com/vixx-n-chae-soo-bin-jisu-to-star-in-cheer-up-working-title/?lang=en

PrainTPC twitter update (20150908), confirmed that Jisoo joins Sassy Go Go

https://twitter.com/PrainTPC/status/641164149087596544

Oh hey I'm here. I've been waiting for somebody to make one cos I dunno how. 

Thanks @kdramafan43v3r making the thread..lovelots, Jongski :)

@fleurofjasmine huggles! :wub: you of all would know how devoted I am to Ji Soo thread and anything Ji Soo.So I'm happy he has drama, But it's ok too if he didn't accept this drama. Again as I've posted on the the JS thread.. we're the same we want Ji Soo to have  a role that is more suited to his style of acting and much mature role. I REALLY didn't want to see him in high school drama.. but if character is good.. it's ok, I suppose. As long as we see his brilliant acting and his charisma on screen. Ji Soo is not in any kpop idol group and he's more into indie films. I will take this drama  for how it's going to be or turn  up and wll watch it... for Ji Soo.

Second lead syndrome already and this has not even started. I don't know anybody from the cast only Ji Soo. I hope this drama is cool, it's not sappy and we can see brilliance of the actors. Ji Soo and the others because whatever project he's in we want to make it a success.. critical success!

I thank you. Ha ha. 

I will hang out in this thread everyday ( just like I did with IRY thread) and if you guys want to know.. the JS thread is updated everyday too just JS news especially about Indie movie Glory Day Day of Ji Soo Suho KMC and RJY

Sassy Go, Go.. more like Ji Soo, Go Go! Woot! Waiting.

The drama will have the actors portray a variety of students, from straight-A students to problematic students at a prestigious high school that is also a boarding school. Somewhat similar to “The Breakfast Club,” the various students will gather together to form a cheerleading club.

Did anyone know about The Breakfast Club which was mentioned in Soompi article? 

Did anyone know about The Breakfast Club which was mentioned in Soompi article? 

Yes @fleurofjasmine It's an 80's movie starring 80's teens stars at that time... Rob Lowe, Demi Moore etc.  So the cast will be like Korea's " Bratpack?" Ha ha ha. *sings.. don't you forget about me* Ha ha ha. People born in the 80's will know the song and the term Bratpack :)

But anyway.. I hope this drama turns out to be GOOD... waiting for Ji Soo!

Guest dramacf

@jongski Eunji is SIG's co-star in Reply1997, you should watch while waiting for this drama. It's totally worth your while! That drama is gold! If this drama even in live shoot mode turns out even half as good as Reply1997 I'll be a happy fangirl!

@fleurofjasmine The Breakfast Club is a very popular 80s coming of age US movie. You have 2 girls and 3 guys as the main cast (they're also known as the Brat Pack in those days) probably that's why it was mentioned that it's somehow similar to it. Each student comes from a different clique. That story never gets old. Check this articlehttp://www.avclub.com/article/adolescent-angst-breakfast-club-still-resonates-30-224706

Happy.. I have thread to hang out. I wanted Ji Soo part of the drama Signal. I'm so vocal about that one if you see most of my comments (other thread, db, kp) it's about that. Ha ha. But I'm happy with this one.

@kdramafan43v3r  woohoo after IRY here were are again! Nice! Ha ha. Lets get ready! As for High School drama.... when it comes to those. I prefer jdorama (nobuta wo produce, pride, otomen, tumbling ouran HHC...etc) they're best when it comes to drama with high school theme.

I hope  this one will be excellent directing writing wise! just like it's actor Ji Soo!

fleurofjasmine breakfast club was more about a day ..they got locked up inside a room and gave up on all their differences.I don't know if ms.koala just mentioned this movie whimsically or the drama has any link to it..if it does..this will be great.Because from the cast I can see more of the package..the drama queen aka the lead girl...the popular kid..[the male lead]..the  moody and non popular mysterious guy aka ji soo..Though I doubt that would happen.=/..Anyway I think ji soo could have been the lead easily..I wish he dint come back to become the second lead again.

Guest dramacf

@jongski after IRY, it's really hard to get into a new drama. I'm so glad that Eunji was cast here coz she was so awesome as Shiwon in Reply1997 you would think she's been acting all her life when it was her first drama then and a main lead character at that. So, I can say acting-wise you don't have anything to worry about Eunji. Among the cast, I'm only iffy about N (Cha Hak Yeon), he's been in 2 dramas and he's either not so sucky in acting for people to criticize his acting or he's got no onscreen presence that people ignore his character. I'm leaning towards the latter coz I saw him with Yook Sung Jae  in Hitmaker episodes and he totally lacks personality, I find him boring. I saw him too in the clips with Eunji on a variety/reality show and same thing. He just doesn't connect to me. Of course, I love Jisoo! He got everyone's attention in Angry Mom. He totally stole the limelight from Baro there coz he had the meatier role and better acting. The other two, I'm familiar with and saw them in dramas enough to know that they can act. 

Yeah, I know the feeling @kdramafan43v3r. After IRY (and mh fav MBB).. so was just waiting for D-DAY now and then this drama! bring @wizengamot here.

The last drama that I watch with high students was Angry Mom...prior to that.. I think.. it was junglefish?? but that cos I just saw the last episode on KBSwworld. I've never seen HSLO or School 2013/ 2015 or Reply series.  I'm not into high school drama settings esp in kdramas. I like crime thriller action drama.  So dunno who are the other cast here. I know CSB though cos I've seen HOBB  in KBSworld

Also the reason why I want Ji Soo to have a mature role/character in a drama. Hello Signal! Hah! dramagods please! #wish #hope #wishandhopejisoowillbepartofthecast

Ji Soo is a really tall actor 187cm and good built  more suited early 20's role and not a high school kid.. but anyway.  Here's looking at you, Ji Soo! I get to see this brilliant acting again. Wohooo!

@fleurofjasmine  :wub: pls be here always if you can. Happy..that's me!  for Ji Soo is part of the cast.:wub:

OMG.. I'm waiting! I'm going to do countdown everyday (just what I'm doing with D-Day).

I'm just going to wait till they show first script reading. I better see Ji Soo! This drama better be good! Good acting (I know Ji Soo will deliver that) good writing, directing and good good music ost, good production!

If they have all of these. This drama could/might turn out to be sleeper hit of the last quarter of 2015! Yes please!

I hope this drama doesn't make me eat my words and embarrass me. Ha ha.

Guest dramacf

@jongski I feel you! Haha! Eunji's last drama Trot Lovers turned into makjang crap! So, I'm crossing my fingers this one would be better than that coz I don't want the talents of most of the cast to be wasted. I swear, with N's sudden casting, he's like the only one that's glaringly so out of place in this drama. I'm hoping there's some miracle and he proves me wrong. I so want this to be better than School 2015 acting, ratings and story! 

I hope they do the script reading within this week coz they're really running out of time. Don't know if they'll shoot throughout Chuseok to make up for lost time coz that's a huge holiday in Korea...

I swear I want to strangle whoever is in charge with KBS casting, they always tend to be late in finding & finalizing the cast. With Eunji's busy schedule (her group has 2 concerts this September and another in October), I even doubted she'll accept this drama specially I'm assuming they're going to actually do some cheerleader dances which takes a bit of time to practice coz she needs to not be so tired as this could affect her voice (she's the main vocalist of her group)...

So, based on character descriptions, Chae Soo Bin is possibly the popular drama queen, Lee Won Geun the free-spirited popular guy, N the weird nerd, Jisoo the mysterious guy and Eunji the new student outcast.   

Indulge. Ji Soo's new drama.

Here he is.  Brilliant breakout rookie. Should be the lead. And really wanted him to be in another drama in something more  more like crime thriller action theme to show brilliant acting and a mature role as he's more suited ( esp w/ good built and tall height) to that one.

But.... this new drama will do. Sassy Go Go better be good!

CF34_-bUgAAj9Pd.jpg
CF35AUxVEAAj00w.jpg

Guest dramacf

Everybody confirms joining Sassy, Go Go, including Ji-soo

by javabeans | September 8, 2015 | 18 Comments

gogo9.jpg

Oh thank goodness. I was really bummed for a minute there, when it seemed there was no space left in the cast of Sassy, Go Go for Ji-soo (Angry Mom), but he has now confirmed, as long as rest of the previously reported contenders.

It’s kind of anti-climactic to have a whole round of confirmations when everybody on the list was everyone we were expecting, but I won’t complain now that the cast list is in, which seems generally appealing. Jung Eun-ji (Trot Lovers) will be playing the lead character of a bright and popular high school cheerleader with terrible grades, and Lee Won-geun (Hyde, Jekyll, Me) takes up the main romantic role opposite her.

They’ll both be members of a dance club at school that’s mostly composed of students left behind by the competitive high school system, considered to be the “problem kids” of the school. Meanwhile, the kids in the cheerleading club are mostly the high-achieving ones who only join to build up their specs. So when the two clubs are merged, they’ll have to figure out how to deal with their “oil and water” dynamic and be one club. Sounds sort of like Monstar meets Bring It On, only Sassy, Go Go will move past the part where the two groups bicker and compete against each other and presumably give us one happily unified team in the end.

As reported previously, VIXX’s N will be playing a top student who’s never lost his number 1 ranking, though an added descriptor tells us his exceptional academic brain is paired with the mental age of a grade schooler, making him “a 4-D oddball.” I like that much better than the plain description when he was just a smartypants, since it sounds like it’ll allow for him to be cute and weird.

Chae Soo-bin (Spy) plays another high-performing student, who’s got her whole future mapped out for her by her ambitious mother. She joins the cheer team just to add to her list of achievements, then unexpectedly discovers she has a talent for it and undergoes a change. Heh.

Ji-soo, on the other hand, will be playing a different character than he was initially reported to be considering (hence the confusion; articles had announced he’d be the number 1 ranked brainiac). Instead, he’ll be a “mysterious top student” who harbors pain he can’t talk about, who’s part of the cheerleading club along with his fellow academic elites—and yet, he also suffers from extreme stress about his grades. Aw, don’t stress out, Ji-soo! Just cheer your blues away!

Sassy, Go Go will be a KBS Monday-Tuesday drama premiering on October 5.

Via HeraldMBN

@jongski I feel you! Haha! Eunji's last drama Trot Lovers turned into makjang crap! So, I'm crossing my fingers this one would be better than that coz I don't want the talents of most of the cast to be wasted. I swear, with N's sudden casting, he's like the only one that's glaringly so out of place in this drama. I'm hoping there's some miracle and he proves me wrong. I so want this to be better than School 2015 acting, ratings and story! 

I hope they do the script reading within this week coz they're really running out of time. Don't know if they'll shoot throughout Chuseok to make up for lost time coz that's a huge holiday in Korea...

I swear I want to strangle whoever is in charge with KBS casting, they always tend to be late in finding & finalizing the cast. With Eunji's busy schedule (her group has 2 concerts this September and another in October), I even doubted she'll accept this drama specially I'm assuming they're going to actually do some cheerleader dances which takes a bit of time to practice coz she needs to not be so tired as this could affect her voice (she's the main vocalist of her group)...

So, based on character descriptions, Chae Soo Bin is possibly the popular drama queen, Lee Won Geun the free-spirited popular guy, N the weird nerd, Jisoo the mysterious guy and Eunji the new student outcast.   

I've only seen the first 3 episodes of  school 2015. Not really into the drama. So can't say much.

Well, with good actors, story, script, director, production cinematography and music.. this can turn out to be like I Remember You   quality drama high school setting.  Raw fresh talents always wonderful to watch.

As for character's description... Ji Soo. Ji Soo Jo Soo! he's very charismatic. I hope cast  have good height because Jisoo is tall. Ha ha

Archived