[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

3 minutes ago, miri13 said:

@Mico Ricco Thanks for the photos from tvn website or wherever it is.  Seeing the last one when JH said nice things about her eyes made me realize how much it hurt to see the bestie's betrayal.  He was a big supporter of HS fulfilling her love and teasing his partner JH, but then the biggest disappointment.  

Money is power which can be used to manipulate people; stabbing LJH from his back. :angry:

As CSH (and LJH, too) mentioned to him that he is LJH closest & trusted buddy. 

Yes, it's a Huge disappointment - a friend in need is a friend indeed?

Co2Lkmx.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case, it's better to lower the finale expectation now, rather feeling disappointed later. 

I am really rooting for a 2nd season for Signal drama.

credit : http://seoulbeats.com/2016/03/signal-episodes-9-12-justice-versus-injustice/

"...... It’s going to be increasingly trickier, though, for Soo-hyun to maintain her decorum as she and Hae-young begin to uncover the corruption in their organization. However, whether they’ll be able to make a positive change or not remains to be seen. Signal has never shied away from unfair outcomes and has constantly (and realistically) juggled questions of justice versus injustice. With the tone thus far, it’s safe to say that not everyone will find their happy ending."

@Mico Ricco the vid you posted show the parallel between Signal's and real life's cold case is amazing. I sort of understand why the big channels reject signal now, it can evoke controversies and conspiracy theories regarding these cold cases. Glad tvn picked it up, like the PD has mentioned, his wish is that these cold cases' victims should never be forgotten (and not emphasize or herolized the villains)

@kaqueski You're right. It is actually very chilling to see the real cases, and realise just how every single case or tragedy we see in the drama, is actually a representation of real life... which reminds us once again how horrific and cruel these crimes are, and should never become merely another statistic and forgotten. Not for the first time, I truly applaud writer-nim KEH and PD Kim's vision to bring light to these cases, and I hope that the last 4 episodes will bring this drama to a stunning finish, followed by accolades by viewers and those in the industry for all who were involved in bringing it to life.

@kaqueski @liddi yes, this drama is based on real cold cases dramas.  It is to remind government officials in all countries never be intimidated by political power, bribing, jailing wrongly accused persons, be thorough with their investigations, etc etc so that law and justice prevail.  Excellent drama by both PD and Writer.

@kaqueski, @liddi Actually I am not surprised at all that the cases shown on Signal are inspired by real cases as the drama focuses more on the victims and their families which is a different approach. In comparison to many american series in which the bad guys are always caught, I stopped watching these series it because it feels like propaganda: believe in our justice system.

Yet, if you read the newspapers, you see the real face of justice in the USA: about 1000 cases of convicted criminals in which DNA was used as evidence were revealed as manipulated, for example dog hair instead of real hair. In even one case, there were witnesses proving that the person was innocent, but because of that evidence ("DNA"), the person was sent to prison for life. Just like CSI trying to prove that collecting evidences like DNA is a sure way to catch the culprit. IT is a very naive vision of the world in my opinion. Evidences can be falsified, even DNA... people working within the police have access and manipulate the evidences. 100% garanty for catching the real culprit doesn't exist.

As you can see, corruption in the police and justice system is never taken into consideration.

Then I also wanted to add that police officers are not necessarly interested in catching the real culprit, but more getting a culprit because they are under pressure (media, people, authorities). This was very well made clear with the kidnapping of the little girl. The student seems to be the culprit and police didn't really investigate any further.

Another pressure tool are the statistics: police stations are usually evaluated how good they are at what they are doing: the numbers of arrests and convictions which doesn't contribute police officers to do correctly their work. They need to catch more guys aso.

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@kaqueski, @liddi Actually I am not surprised at all that the cases shown on Signal are inspired by real cases as the drama focuses more on the victims and their families which is a different approach. In comparison to many american series in which the bad guys are always caught, I stopped watching these series it because it feels like propaganda: believe in our justice system.

Yet, if you read the newspapers, you see the real face of justice in the USA: about 1000 cases of convicted criminals in which DNA was used as evidence were revealed as manipulated, for example dog hair instead of real hair. In even one case, there were witnesses proving that the person was innocent, but because of that evidence ("DNA"), the person was sent to prison for life. Just like CSI trying to prove that collecting evidences like DNA is a sure way to catch the culprit. IT is a very naive vision of the world in my opinion. Evidences can be falsified, even DNA... people working within the police have access and manipulate the evidences. 100% garanty for catching the real culprit doesn't exist.

As you can see, corruption in the police and justice system is never taken into consideration.

Then I also wanted to add that police officers are not necessarly interested in catching the real culprit, but more getting a culprit because they are under pressure (media, people, authorities). This was very well made clear with the kidnapping of the little girl. The student seems to be the culprit and police didn't really investigate any further.

Another pressure tool are the statistics: police stations are usually evaluated how good they are what they are doing: the numbers of arrests and convictions which doesn't contribute police officers to do correctly their work. They need to catch more guys aso.

Oooooooh, don't even get me started!!! LOL 

One thing you can say about the US justice system: We lead the world in the number (and percentage) of incarcerated (in jail/prison) people. Most of them men. Most of them young. Most of them non-white. A significant number of them for very minor offensives. :tears:

3 minutes ago, Ginaaaa said:

Oooooooh, don't even get me started!!! LOL 

One thing you can say about the US justice system: We lead the world in the number (and percentage) of incarcerated (in jail/prison) people. Most of them men. Most of them young. Most of them non-white. A significant number of them for very minor offensives. :tears:

I know, still I hope, I didn't offend you by mentioning the American justice system. I mentioned it because of the huge number of crime series in America. Colour of the skin or social background have a huge influence on the investigation and verdicts. Yet I don't think, there is a huge difference in France or in Germany. But since I am against death penalty, I always pay more attention to the American justice. But I don't want to provoke any debate about that subject. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I know, still I hope, I didn't offend you by mentioning the American justice system. I mentioned it because of the huge number of crime series in America. Colour of the skin or social background have a huge influence on the investigation and verdicts. Yet I don't think, there is a huge difference in France or in Germany. But since I am against death penalty, I always pay more attention to the American justice. But I don't want to provoke any debate about that subject. 

Absolutely no offense is taken on my part and I grew up the daughter of one who was in federal law enforcement. My Dad, who had integrity, passed away a long time ago and frankly, I'm grateful he did not live to see the amount of injustice that has come to light in the past few decades. His heart would have been stabbed.

I'm also not one to debate hot issues. Personally, I could never serve on a jury in which the death penalty is on the table because I'm not comfortable with life/death decisions. I would be eliminated at the selection process. And consideration of whether or not the death penalty is just or not ... It is one of those topics that can easily straddle both politics and religion, neither of which is fodder for polite discussions.

Leonard Cohen, I believe, captured the heart and soul of America best in his song "Democracy." It's beautiful in its harshness, brave in its poignancy. The lyrics cans be read here. 

And I am grateful for this "hopeless little screen" that we all share! :wub:

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Then I also wanted to add that police officers are not necessarly interested in catching the real culprit, but more getting a culprit because they are under pressure (media, people, authorities).

This is rather what I'm thinking is going to happen to HaeYoung.  All the detectives are riled up and poised to believe that he is the one who killed the Section Chief, and all that superintendent guy needs to do sit back and wait for what usually happens to take its course. :angry:  Argh!! Can't wait til the new episode tomorrow!!!

Im equal parts anticipating this episode and dreading it The dread is on account if they have to show how the gang rape happened in detail I confess i feel sqeamish when it comes to those type of scenes.

I dont think PSY brother Shinwoo will be alive 

I hope they do save jae han though 

Their first walkie talkie communication Jae han said dont give up the past can be changed He reffering to injoo case giving hope to PSH that his brother can be saved 

But I think in this case it would apply to LJH 

What do u think ??

Archived