[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

So it was guilt for Chief Ahn, who did it all for his daughter. The money for her medical care and he kept it all to himself until she died. This is what corruption does, it takes human beings, turn them from their consciences and twists them inside out. And then it's one sin leading to the next. One cover up after another. How do people live with the guilt? They do somehow because the truth is more terrifying. Or because they've rationalized and prioritized.

I think his love of his daughter outweighed his guilt, even though his load of guilt was immense. When his daughter died, he could no longer bear up under the guilt. I always felt ACS wasn't totally bad, but did not expect such a tortured soul. The actor played his part very well. 

I wonder, did KBJ order ACS's death because he felt ACS could no longer bear his guilt and would talk, or was KGJ simply pissed ACS defied him? The difference would reveal how malignant his psychopathy is.

@Mico Ricco No villain is loved... just the degree of animosity towards them varies :D 

Perhaps the most pitiable is KJW, though no less horrific, and Chief Ahn is a sympathetic grey character. KBJ on the other hand, I would love to throw under a bus or steam roller any day even while I adore Jang Hyun Sung who portrays him :P And it would be highly satisfying to put Yoon Soo Ah, Lee Jin Hyung and Han Se Kyu in the same room to see if they survive as well in a den of predators B)

The actor playing KBJ is doing such a good job that when I saw the pictures of the cast going to Thailand, I was happy until I saw his picture. I recoiled seeing him, thinking how dare he be besides my three besties you scum. :P 

I guess that answers who is my "favorite" villain. Hate them all but KBJ I detest. Followed by the rich brat, or  one of his dead beat friends, who I wonder if is the first in the Inju case. That congressman is the father of one of them right? 

It seems there is an underlying theme in signal about kids and parents, and love gone twisted. The two normal have great parents, though I do think CSH mom could cut out the pink. Others had twisted parents, even PHY dad who refused to believe in his son and fled to Seoul. Then there are parents who got twisted to save or protect the family, including LJH best friend in the precinct. Reading about his betrayal was a heart breaker.

Of those 6 villains the ones most pitied are 3 and 5.

Ahn (no. 5) driven to crime because he needs financial support for her bedridden daughter.  Despite being a lackey to KBJ, he was really supportive of the cold case team at times.  His most unforgiving mistake is the killing of his cop peer, LJH.

KJW (no. 3) was an abused child so he never really know the meaning of love until he murdered his last victim (YSY).  His psychotic mother killed a cute little puppy and bagged it in a black plastic bag actually brain-washed KJW (worsen by an abused upbringing) into thinking that suffocating a person with a black plastic bag is a caring act for another person.  Thanks to LJH's clever detective works, YSY and other victims buried at the mountain trek survived.  But a crime is definitely a punishable thing and only a miracle (say, President's pardon due to good conduct) can get him out of life term jail and be reconciled back with YSY.  Haha ... l actually hoping for a short drama spin-off on KJW.

@phi3nk Everyone definitely hoping that all the three main characters be alive in the final episode. :)

But we have seen cases of meddling with the pasts not really necessarily resulted in the expected (positive) outcome. 

At times it is better that  "let bygones be bygones".:)

March 1, 2016

‘Signal’ stars off to Phuket

The cast and crew members of popular tvN drama “Signal” on Tuesday went on vacation to Phuket in Thailand as a reward for the drama’s successful run. 

Actress Kim Hye-soo, actor Lee Je-hoon and actor Cho Jin-woong, among others, and the drama’s crew members, left Incheon International Airport on Tuesday and will return on Saturday. 

From left: Lee Je-hoon, Kim Hye-soo and Cho Jin-woong (tvN)

Production company A Story had said earlier that if the drama’s average viewership ratings exceeded 10 percent, the cast and crew members would be rewarded with a vacation. After the announcement, the 11th episode garnered 10.9 percent viewership and the latest 12th episode reached 12.1 percent. 

Cable broadcaster tvN also granted the teams behind “Reply 1988” and “Cheese in the Trap” such vacations as rewards for their successful production. 

Criminal action drama “Signal” follows detectives who solve cold cases. The drama, which has only four episodes left, airs every Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This show is so, so good. So brilliant, so gentle and yet relentless. It gets you in the gut and then it assaults the senses. The twists and turns in the storyline is just a spectacle to behold.

I'm running out of bouquets.

And the acting... is stellar.

Finally, the mystery of Lee Jae Han's disappearance has come to light. For the most part. In that last 5 minutes of Ep. 11, I felt everything. Tension, excitement, fear, horror and deep sadness. Yes, we've finally found and seen LJH's final resting place and it's sad to see a great man, tall, strong and determined reduced to bone, ashes and a name tag. He paid the ultimate price for doing his job to the utmost and now all we can do is weep for him.

Still, history can be changed, can't it? Right?

In Ep. 11, it did. An alternate ending was offered where LJH succeeded and lives were saved. That was perhaps the universe saying, "Yeah... life is unpredictable."

So it was guilt for Chief Ahn, who did it all for his daughter. The money for her medical care and he kept it all to himself until she died. This is what corruption does, it takes human beings, turn them from their consciences and twists them inside out. And then it's one sin leading to the next. One cover up after another. How do people live with the guilt? They do somehow because the truth is more terrifying. Or because they've rationalized and prioritized.

The Injoo case is so heartbreaking and I really felt like doing serious violence to the Superintendent. That smug face was just calling out to me.

The biggest casualty as always is justice. 

I hope, TVN won't mess up the ending like in CITT!!

3 hours ago, liddi said:

@Mico Ricco No villain is loved... just the degree of animosity towards them varies :D 

Perhaps the most pitiable is KJW, though no less horrific, and Chief Ahn is a sympathetic grey character. KBJ on the other hand, I would love to throw under a bus or steam roller any day even while I adore Jang Hyun Sung who portrays him :P And it would be highly satisfying to put Yoon Soo Ah, Lee Jin Hyung and Han Se Kyu in the same room to see if they survive as well in a den of predators B)

To me, the biggest villains are Congressman Jang and KBJ!!

Jang used his son to blackmail HSK so that the latter had to commit burglaries and kill someone! He corrupted his son, he was involved in the collapse of the bridge and the corruption case, just as he is involved in the Injoo gang rape case. He destroyes lives (OTK and his daughter, PSW, LJH aso) and he has no remorse to hurt people. KBJ is his minion, yet he has no sense of justice. People without money are bugs or trash to him, he values lives on their wealth!

:tears: OMG!!!! To only imagine how many Sun Woos are in this corrupted world. It breaks my heart to see that the root of these evil thing are based around money, power and greed. I cried at the end of episode 12.

Such a good drama. The writers are consistant. I'm not expecting a happy ending but an ending that gives these people closure, although it's hard to say that they'll get justice. Maybe I sound pesimist but I'm from one of the most corrupted countries, it's hard to get hopes only time might help us heal even though I don't live there.

How realistic!!! It's crazy that these drama is only 16 episodes.. 

Guest phi3nk

Kim Hye Soo unnie looks so beautiful even in her 40ish age. Wowww !!! :w00t::phew::D:wub:

10645214_1681611958784083_62563370772281

Spoiler

idk, i do find these fanart are so cute. Though i don't know what written there.

%BD%C3%B1%D7%B3%CE5.jpg?type=w2

Spoiler

@Mico Ricco I hope the ending will as organic as possible ( Yes, I'm cursing at other TVN drama right now). I'm gonna prepare myself if this would have bad ending. My pray shows that how much i care for the main characters here...

1 hour ago, phi3nk said:

idk, i do find these fanart are so cute. Though i don't know what written there.

%BD%C3%B1%D7%B3%CE5.jpg?type=w2

Reveal hidden contents

let me translate this cartoon.

Cha soo hyeon(CSH): seonbae-nim, i give this to you lest when you are hungry

Lee Jae Han(LJH):....

Lee Jae Han(LJH): yummy yummy

Lee Jae Han(LJH): ... it's good

other detective: wow what's this, did *쩜오(zzum-oh, .5) gave this to you?

탈탈탈탈

other detective: what a cheap dub...

*쩜오(zzum-oh, .5): when watching signal, i sometimes watch several episodes of it with eng-sub, but the 점오, which is CSH's nickname, wasn't translaed.( i don't know if it is translated nowadays though)

쩜 in 쩜오 is strong sound of 점, which means point, and the 오 means 5.

if directly translated, it means point 5, 0.5

the reason why she had such nickname can be understood considering her young appearance and behavior.

it's because she COULD NOT do or make it AS 1 PERSON. [ex) her low driving skill]

honestly i havent heard of 쩜오 until i watch signal. when hearing it for the first time. i count catch it, saying "what? what does he say?"

after watching signal i searched her nickname. i got what the 쩜오 means. :) it seems like slang ,used in police, i guess

I left so many pages... Oh my...:bawling:.... Finally the truth coming to the light....Corrupt Cop... I feel bad for Section Chief Ahn, he did wrongdoings not because he wants to, and his daughter now died :bawling:. Injoo Case - the connection between our hero, heroine and Det Lee Jae Han. I cant wait how the story will go. Jang hyun sung and Son hun jo, both the corrupt people, i want them to rot in the jail at the end of this drama. And about the ending, Kim eun hee always gives me (maybe i should called this) unsatisfied ending. Either the main lead is going to die and/or there is unaswered or unfinished story. Then I am creating my own version of the ending. Hahahhaaaa...:lol::lol::lol:. But one thing for sure, i think the writer will not mess up with the ending, surely it will be organic as the original plan :D. And one thing that making me always be a fan of Kim eun hee, she often made a connection between her currently airing drama and her past drama. I found her former cast of this drama make an appereance and the name of company sounds familiar for me Sekang Electronic (she used it for Ghost) and Jaesin (She used it for 3Days). See you on friday my friends! And congrats fir the casts for their trip to Puckhet, hope they will have great holiday.

Archived