[taiwanese Drama] Meteor Garden 1 & 2

Guest shred

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweet_treats1812

^mars is good...but i cant really compare it with MG since the storyline is quite different...

go watch it when u can :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trial_12

although i really dislike barbie... her image just doesn't suit makino IMO, like she has two tattos... one behind her neck and one of her hand...

actually it's not only two...

there's another one on her leg and another one on her back..i'm not sure if those are all her tattoos so that makes 4 tattoos of which I'm aware of..hehe

I really liked Meteor Garden season 1

it was the first Asian Drama that really got me hooked to asian stuff

when I saw the teaser I liked Lei (Vic zhou) because I really found him cute....but in the middle of the series i liked Dao Ming Si more.....

although it was not the first "Chinovela" shown in our country(the first one was Amazing Twins), it was still the first one to capture the hearts of millions of Filipinos and the first to start the trend here in the Philippines to import dramas from Taiwan,Korea and Japan

Guest saieng

Makes me wanna dig up my dvd's and rewatch it again and again. I love Daoming Si and Shancai! Can't believe I still remember their names. I am a F4 fan and still is. Glad to hear and see that Barbie and Vic is dating. Hot couple :)

^ oh yea I did watch it because of Vic, but after the first episode, I fell in love with Jerry Yan. Their both hott <3

Guest Stacy

yeah... i really didn't understand why this "innocent" girl had tattoos all over her body. i mean sure, i'm being stereotypical but still, it's a drama, and it's suppose to support this idealistical image of innocent, yet she has a bunch of tattoos.

but other than that, i liked this drama a lot. but i heard the sequel majorly sucks. i wanted to watch it, but than i though, don't distroy the idea you have for this drama by watching the crappy sequel.

Guest Pegasus

Is mars good as well? How would you rate it compared to MG?

Agreed with Candy that I too can't say which is really and truly better due to the difference storyline.

Anyway, i will sincerely say that I personally prefer MARS since I can see that Vic Zhou and Barbie perform more mature. :)

yeah... i really didn't understand why this "innocent" girl had tattoos all over her body. i mean sure, i'm being stereotypical but still, it's a drama, and it's suppose to support this idealistical image of innocent, yet she has a bunch of tattoos.

but other than that, i liked this drama a lot. but i heard the sequel majorly sucks. i wanted to watch it, but than i though, don't distroy the idea you have for this drama by watching the crappy sequel.

She got all that tatoos. Yes. And I think they will be permanently there. Btw, in MARS, she had to cover them with tapes in order to show her role personality. The one behind her neck was covered too (which is obviously seen).

MG II, again, personally, is a disaster. The Princess role should not be there. It ruin everything. I don't mind if the ending was Barbie with Jerry or Barbie with Vic. But this Princess things really sour everything.

Is mars good as well? How would you rate it compared to MG?

yeah, it's really good. and the acting of da s and zaizai improved a lot. for me anyway. can't compare it with mg though. totally different. read both the mangas and you'll get what i mean.

She got all that tatoos. Yes. And I think they will be permanently there. Btw, in MARS, she had to cover them with tapes in order to show her role personality. The one behind her neck was covered too (which is obviously seen).

MG II, again, personally, is a disaster. The Princess role should not be there. It ruin everything. I don't mind if the ending was Barbie with Jerry or Barbie with Vic. But this Princess things really sour everything.

wow! i forgot about the tattoos. didn't actually pay any attention to them in mars. hmmn... *hurriedly takes mars cds and scans*

yeah, they could have done without mg2. i mean, why ruin a perfectly good series with a crappy sequel? it was just dragging. but i liked vanness and his partner's story. :)

Guest saieng

MG2 sucks for sure. It was a big disappointment. If you guys plan on watching MG, I recommend you all not to watch MG2 - just my opinion.

Guest fasionfreak321

Wow, i'm on the third episode, but it's so painful watching it from youtube. I'm leaving for china in 4 days, do you think they still sell it there? I want to buy the dvd set....

Guest someday4_2

yeah, it's really good. and the acting of da s and zaizai improved a lot. for me anyway. can't compare it with mg though. totally different. read both the mangas and you'll get what i mean.

wow! i forgot about the tattoos. didn't actually pay any attention to them in mars. hmmn... *hurriedly takes mars cds and scans*

yeah, they could have done without mg2. i mean, why ruin a perfectly good series with a crappy sequel? it was just dragging. but i liked vanness and his partner's story. :)

Yeah I'm finally watching Mars because I haven't read a single bad review on it =X n people said zaizai n barbie's acting improved drastically... I didn't believe it until I saw the eps myself lol.

Anywho about MG2... it would've been great to just leave it off with MG alone like you said but they made a sequel because the fans demanded it =P n kept demanding sooo Meteor Rain n etc all came out lol

Guest Salford

The first MG was great. FANTASTIC! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT WAS... wow.

But the second~ omg. I didnt even finish it.. I think I only watched till ep 20 or 21.

Reason was that I couldn't find it at first and then I just gave up.. since I was unsure of the ending. The new girl really irritated me. =____=;;;

And it just kept getting worse as I watched each episode. T_T

Guest Pegasus

From what I knew, there will be no MG 3. I think, either a) they got bad reviews on MG 2, that they don't know how to tackle the problem, b.) cause there is a little problem to get the 4 boys together for the long commitment (20 episodes or so...) or c) Da S and Jerry still cannot get along with each other (better still, I prefer her with Vic all the way)... Zai Zai fanatic fan :blush: But if anyone heard they will produce MG 3, let me know. I want to get myself prepared for what the story will be :ph34r:

Guest Salford

From what I knew, there will be no MG 3. I think, either a) they got bad reviews on MG 2, that they don't know how to tackle the problem, b.) cause there is a little problem to get the 4 boys together for the long commitment (20 episodes or so...) or c) Da S and Jerry still cannot get along with each other (better still, I prefer her with Vic all the way)... Zai Zai fanatic fan :blush: But if anyone heard they will produce MG 3, let me know. I want to get myself prepared for what the story will be :ph34r:

May I ask who Da S is? Thanks. X3

Guest sweet_treats1812

^Da S is Barbie...or san chai :) she's smtimes referred to as Da S coz she and her little sister are in a "band" together..

I began watching the series on youtube but it was never finished uploading. I wanna buy it off of Yesasia cause I'm friggin hooked and Meteor Garden has got to be one of the best dramas I've ever watched (even though I never finished it!) I know I know I'm hecka late since this drama has been out for a pretty long time now .. lol xD I don't renember the characters' names (cause my memory is horrible as heck) so I'll just use their real names. I actually expected Barbie & Vic (how ironic! They end up together in real life AHA.) to end up together when she first "fell" for him. But I was rooting for Jerry all the way HEHEH and it turns out they end up together! woohoo! :)

Any-avocado does anyone have any caps they'd like to share? so I can get a GIST of what happened in between the parts I stopped at and the end? I even looked up fanmade videos to watch short scenes lol =) I'll be ordering soon so I can watch it all I want but I'm not very patient :sweatingbullets: maybe I should just go to China town.. I wonder if they'd have it there 0.0

Guest Pegasus

I began watching the series on youtube but it was never finished uploading. I wanna buy it off of Yesasia cause I'm friggin hooked and Meteor Garden has got to be one of the best dramas I've ever watched (even though I never finished it!) I know I know I'm hecka late since this drama has been out for a pretty long time now .. lol xD I don't renember the characters' names (cause my memory is horrible as heck) so I'll just use their real names. I actually expected Barbie & Vic (how ironic! They end up together in real life AHA.) to end up together when she first "fell" for him. But I was rooting for Jerry all the way HEHEH and it turns out they end up together! woohoo! :)

Loop,they STILL end up together in real life??? :o:o:o Da S and Vic. Is this the latest info? I thought they over with. Where do you get this? I need to know :w00t:

Archived