[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

4 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

It's already D-1 before ep 36's broadcast. Are there any new stills? I still hope ep 36 will contain much more sweet scenes than those seol ri's revenge scenes. Her revenge is really becoming unimportant to the story's progress. Anyway, have you guys read dramawiki's news that episode 45 will be cancelled due to lunar new year's festival in Korea? 

We knew it was coming, didn't we @jadecloud We know the kdrama industry too well :lol:

On a positive note, the cancellation will make the show end later than sooner :D

• Like 14

jadecloud, you took the words right out of my mouth! After watching their story and how much they love each other, i just feel that they completely deserve a second chance.

thank you for your kind welcome trust71 :lol:. I m pretty happy because i can finally talk with other people about k dramas. It feels so good to be able to talk about it ! Any of my friends watch k drama so when i m talking about a drama they are like, sorry but we don t have any idea what are you talking about lol. I really like the way that JE tease her too. I was a litte bit in shock when JE show his playful personality but i realized that he always put a big smile on my face.

irilight, i totally agree when you say that ' Life usually presents us with challenges to help us learn our lessons'. For me that is the beauty of life.

There are many scenes that i like, but i think that the one that left me speechless was when SR was asking HK how she was feeling after recovering her memories. I was like oh no what will she answer. And then, woww her reponse is amazing. I love how SR's confidence disappeared when HK told her that she was not able to get JE's love after four years because he keeps going back to HK. I was like God, i love you HK, you are brilliant. But what i like even more is that HK advises her that she must find herself. I think that this is SR's problem. I don't know if it is because she's an orphan but she needs to learn to love herself first and then she will be able to find love. 

ps. i don't know if i did well when i mentionned all of you. Do i have to put @ before your user name? I m new so i don't have any idea how it works. Also i hope that i wrote well my idea. English is not my mother tongue so sometimes i wonder if i said everything in a clear and correct way.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, mtm89 said:

jadecloud, you took the words right out of my mouth! After watching their story and how much they love each other, i just feel that they completely deserve a second chance.

thank you for your kind welcome trust71 :lol:. I m pretty happy because i can finally talk with other people about k dramas. It feels so good to be able to talk about it ! Any of my friends watch k drama so when i m talking about a drama they are like, sorry but we don t have any idea what are you talking about lol. I really like the way that JE tease her too. I was a litte bit in shock when JE show his playful personality but i realized that he always put a big smile on my face.

irilight, i totally agree when you say that ' Life usually presents us with challenges to help us learn our lessons'. For me that is the beauty of life.

There are many scenes that i like, but i think that the one that left me speechless was when SR was asking HK how she was feeling after recovering her memories. I was like oh no what will she answer. And then, woww her reponse is amazing. I love how SR's confidence disappeared when HK told her that she was not able to get JE's love after four years because he keeps going back to HK. I was like God, i love you HK, you are brilliant. But what i like even more is that HK advises her that she must find herself. I think that this is SR's problem. I don't know if it is because she's an orphan but she needs to learn to love herself first and then she will be able to find love. 

ps. i don't know if i did well when i mentionned all of you. Do i have to put @ before your user name? I m new so i don't have any idea how it works. Also i hope that i wrote well my idea. English is not my mother tongue so sometimes i wonder if i said everything in a clear and correct way.

Yes you have to put @ before others' userids

• Like 10

Ep 36 Preview Vid Translation (xref: IHAL Baidu/为了明天的纪念 - only parts of it now. Will edit as more is available :) )

Looks like HK receives a death threat. (prob from Shin's son?)

4jvd1kA.jpg

v6pmRPR.jpg

mYDU3to.jpg

YK: I hate crimes. But I don't hate people, especially when it's you, my 3 mins older sis. (aww sweet!)

HK: Why?

YK: Because we are twins. Because you are my unnie/big sister. (aww even sweeter. wise YK)

Qlbq4X2.jpg

nE7Z5lW.jpg

Looks like JE finally finds out what happened to dad MH and buddy JH/HK's dad, on that fateful hiking day.

HK sees a pale-faced JE, and asks:

HK: What happened to you? Is there something bad that has happened?

JE: Let's go abroad to live. As far as we can go. Just the two of us.

HK: What? Huh?

Looking sad and about to tear up, JE hugs HK and says:

JE: I will give you happiness/make you happy.

------------------

Spoiler

36集文字预告翻译:
"加拉帕戈斯,好,去那里生活就行了”

海疆在自己家门后看到了喝得烂醉的真言,两人用深情的眼神互相对视着。
海疆扶着真言进屋,真言看到了海疆桌子上摆放着的全家福照片,再次确认了海疆的真心。
另一方面,海疆从咏琪那里听到了爸爸是自己失足死亡

Ep 36 Preview Text Translation: (Xref IHAL Baidu/为了明天的纪念)

'Galapagos Islands. Good. Let's go there to live."

JE sees a very drunk HK coming home, as JE has been waiting outside her apt. Both HK and JE look at each other with deep emotions.

JE helps HK get inside her apt.

JE sees their 'family of three' happy photo on HK's desk. JE once again confirms HK's true, sincere heart.

On the other hand, HK hears from YK their dad slipped and fell to his death.

EDIT: Read a different take - 'cut the rope' and 'fell to his death'. FYI.

-----------

Ohhhhh....can't wait for ep 36 :grin:

EDIT: About Galapagos Islands.... so beautiful...definitely a place for lovers :P 

Quick facts (google)

The Galápagos Islands, a volcanic archipelago in the Pacific Ocean, is a province of Ecuador, lying about 1,000 km off its coast, and considered one of the world's foremost destinations for wildlife-viewing. Its isolated terrain shelters a diversity of plant and animal species, many found nowhere else. 

7Hzd9yr.png

os2t0VE.png

BK5bG33.png

JIwFALy.png

• Like 23

13 hours ago, Kfan7172 said:

Two scenes stood out to me in first 9 episodes, in which HK consistently tried to save her marriage and honor her wedding vows of better or worse.

- HK tried to get JE to go on a vacation with her.  HK tried to get JE to go visit ES resting place together (had this occurred,HK likely would have broken down in the tears and grief JE wanted).  IMO JE rejected both of these attempts because HK had not yet met HIS expectations of how she should show grief. 
- -- Sub Note- In the hospital scene after her being stabbed- the unconscious HK finally met JE expectations of her grief - love story already building - now into overdrive mode.

- HK after having had such an emotional confrontation face to face with ES killer - IMO that night in the cabin, was seeking comfort in the arms of the man she loves. JE once again rejects her - WHY? -- IMO because once again she is not meeting HIS expectations- she must first declare that she not only loves him, but further, that she has always loved him (never mind his cheating, cruel actions in past). END COUNTER POINT.

@Kfan7172So I was thinking the same thing about your point 2. Although I also see why JE was holding out. HG is introverted by nature and her hard life has not helped that. JE knows that one of his 2 leverages to make her open to him is her attraction to him. The other lever - their shared past - is mined with Eun Sol's loss, JE's infidelity and HG's less than stellar ethics. So strategically, he was being right in not giving in. This is JE version 2.0 who thinks strategically like this. His basic instinct would have been to give in to her need for comfort and desire so there is progress there but yes I totally see your point.

To give the writer her due, this is not the only area where she  is showing growth in the way JE now reaches out to HG. 4 years ago he never talked out loud about her shady business practices, but in epi 35 he waits by the elevator and calls her out on them. 

I don't agree with your first point. It is not HG meeting JE's expectation of grief that made JE realize he loved HG. It was trying to live without her that did it. He says it several times. Epi 27 "Loving you is easier than losing you" and then in Epi 35 in response to KS, " Yes I love that kind of woman." When KS says, " I find you to be scarier than that woman." he responds, " I feel the same way." That fact that HG stopped breathing after saying ES's name was hard to miss in epi 23 but the writer is making it quite clear that most of the change that happened in JE in how he sees HG happened in his time away.

The reason I like IHAL is that it shows how we love flawed people and even when we have very good reasons to not love them, sometimes what we feel is not entirely in our control. 

@mdj101 Are you noticing how the director/writer is making HG wear clothes that a military general would wear. The green when she comes in as Vice Chairperson and the blue with Napleonic tassles she is wearing in epi 36. 

• Like 18

@jadecloud thank you dear for the translation of the preview!! Great that jineon at least seems not avoiding haegang because of that terrible fact. Hope he stays true not to become a noble idiot like other dramas' leads. I hate it when the characters start doing noble idiocies in the name of love. Errrrr loll. At least episode 36 will contain more scenes between them than episode 35

@iamtaken agree with you! I love how this drama portrays a realistic kind of love. Not that I'm okay remembering how jin eon treated hae gang in the past but I just could relate with this story. I hate cheaters but I think I have got the writer's point. I got her point of loving a flawed person because no one in this world is flawless. I also did love a wrong person. What makes me could forgive jin eon is because he already does his best to redeem from his hateful past towards hae gang. And I also hope he will always remember what he did in the past by always being by her side no matter what. 

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, mtm89 said:

@mtm89 You wrote beautifully and expressed yourself well. Eng not your mother tongue? Then you are expressing yourself better than well, Keep on! Love your takes :P 

I agree with you about SR. She has to find herself, love herself before she can begin to love someone else. While many here loathes her with good reasons, including me, for what she has done, which are pitiful and irrational - broken up a family/marriage despite wifey HK's plea and kept on with one-sided crush - and she has not woken up yet, and now going for broke.

Yet because writernim developed her character from a twice/perhaps more times abandoned baby and then kid whom no one wants, I believe that has eaten into her, into her core. SR needs a mentor, a big sister to guide her. SR also needs professional/third party help to walk on the right path.  It seems BJS and BS are unable to drum any sense into SR, and neither are they really keeping an eye on SR and her well-being, or perhaps, to be fair, they are incapable of doing that. Let's hope writernim will redirect BS' care for HK towards SR, and help SR for she now really needs help and guidance, before she crosses the line and commits irreversible mistakes, worse if the mistakes are crimes. I thought it was magnanimous of HK to wish JE can help SR stand up again. Despite the bad blood between SR and her. So very wise and mature HK is. It seems though that JE is unable to help SR, who's right now in her extreme rebellious mode, and hating on both JE and HK. Somebody, HELP SR! 

That cafe talk HK had with SR was awesome. I love that too! Btw, to quote another poster's ID, just type @ and the first few letters of their ID, and you will see a drop-down menu of names. From there, cliick the one you intended to type, and viola, you'll see the poster's name in blue highlight, and where that poster will also see in their notification (top right hand corner).  

@Kehinde IKR. Seollal, if not the most important festival, is one of the few that is widely celebrated and honored. Well, for this, I can't 'blame' SBS. 

• Like 16

I just want to thank, our chingu @seungshin-sshi: (1) For taking time to share the nuances of the Korean language by comparing the speech of Dr. Min vis-à-vis Choi Jin Eun. I don't fancy watching without subs because I personally find it very essential to read them first in order to understand the characters' standpoints or personalities better, hence her contribution was very helpful. In regard to Dr. Min, I agree with another chingu here saying that there's a little something off with his personality if we take into account his characteristic patterns of behaviour (perfectionist, orderly; emotionally detached = OC and schizoid) esp. in the earlier parts of the drama; and (2) For translating those articles/videos about Kim Hyun Joo, thereby providing us a rich insight into character or life in general. IHAL is my second drama encounter with her. The first one was through Boys over Flowers, and admittedly, although she was chic-awesome in that drama, I never gave much thought about her because, please forgive, during those times I was deeply delulu about Lee Min Ho. Thankfully, I gave IHAL a try or else I wouldn't have known about her. I was completely blown away in the first episode upon realising that Hae Kang and Yong Ki are being portrayed by just one actor and I've since become a fan after knowing that she is deeply pro-active in charities. What an amazing woman.

On a different note, I was esp. touched with some commentators' beautiful words about forgiveness. I before have mentioned that I was antipathetic towards watching IHAL or any drama for that matter with adultery as theme, one major reason to that being is I come from a family that is scarred deeply by adultery. I love my abeoji so much. I even followed in his footsteps per his orders despite my silent protestation (although I've chosen another career and I'm much more active in it now). On the one hand, I also love my eomma so much. I always say in my heart that I've already forgiven him, but sometimes there are those moments wherein distressing emotions like anger or pain come rushing in all of a sudden. Needless to say, the feeling is really ugly. Thus, I fervently hope and pray for that day to come wherein my family and I will savour sweet inner peace of which forgiveness is an essential ingredient.

Anyway, thanks again for the wonderful insights, chingus. I rarely join in forums, but this is one great forum, verily, I can say. So, kudos to the forum creator, and to all of you, fantastic contributors.

Happy IHAL weekend to all of you! Take Care!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

Guys this is the new preview of episode 36. I got this from @chupa.chups1229 on instagram while I was searching all hashtags related to IHAL. Lol. 

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=sweetheart&no=25914&page=2&serVal=%EC%98%88%EA%B3%A0&s_type=all&ser_pos=

Seems like jineon finally knows his father's bad deeds and he looks so sad when haegang asks him if there's anything bad happens to him. The storm has finally striked them. 

Thanx :wub:, i have to zoom in the video, since it's too small lol

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Lol the bts, it didn't seem he's surprised of her first kiss, but instead he knew and welcomed her kiss.  :D. And the second one he touched her arm, i don't remember that in the drama

IKR!!! You noticed that too!!!  His mouth seemed ready to be kissed and he closed his eyes he was supposed to open them for the 1st kiss. 

I guess they had a few NGs before they got the ones we saw in ep 34.:phew:

• Like 14

In addition to @LHRCN_'s post on KHJ's Chinese Fans Club (so happy for KHJ that she's dearly loved by fans worldwide, and same for JJH too), ...likewise, on 1/5.  Ji Jin Hee Chinese Fans Club also paid a visit to the film site. According to this representive's notes, JJH was too tired from filming but still agreed to come out of filming rest area to meet his fans. But JJH's manager didn't allow that for reasons of rest for JJH, who was already not having enough rest/sleep. As a consolation, JJH held up the script they are working on for a photo... 

PS: Another fan support event was agreed upon with JJH's manager, for sometime towards the end of the drama series. The request was for food cart instead. And the chinese fan club rep agreed to the request, and are now raising funds for that event.

S7zI3LN.png

The coffee cart spread they have arranged...

Spoiler

MXBUoZh.png

RQsRYMH.png

KuASfqL.png

iDVerfS.png

CR: JJH Baidu

• Like 14

IHAL JE Chaebol Family Shares- another minor point while awaiting new episodes

In some Kdramas I have seen  in which a Chaebol family is part or main part of the drama - it seems the adult children usually have a portion of the family shares.  In some of those cases, the control of shares still seems to be under control of parents and are used to exert some control over the children, be it taking away if they go against elders or increased if they comply.  My impression.

In IHAL and recent MH scenes/discussions about shares and a fifty/fifty split between HK JE - it appears that JE prior to this did not have any shares, even as a 40 year (approx) old man.  Appears this way to me, since MH tells SH to give her shares to JE if she wished him to be the major shareholder.

This even split of shares is likely meant to get/force HK JE to work together.  But also perhaps, this is another very minor way writer is reflecting JE character as never having had interest in company or wealth.

• Like 14

@lclarakl: I think your point about expectations is right on point.  How viewers feel about the affair may depend on their own personal experience with cheating spouses.  I think many, who have not had any experience, want to believe that a couple can pull through an affair and find love again.  It's almost like a source of comfort for women who fear that their husbands will cheat.  "See?  JE was terrible about his affair, but look at how much he regrets it now."  There seems to be so many drama and romance novel plots about the cheating husband who then realizes what a jerk he was and learns to grovel at this wife's feet.  And when you have no personal experience with it, it's possible to watch or read something like this in a safe vacuum and think that the couple should get back together.  But you're absolutely right that affairs have real and lasting consequences.

I agree with you that this drama has grossly glossed over JE's role in this whole mess.  SR is guilty, but JE also actively encouraged her.  And he needs to grovel much more before he should be forgiven.  The only reason that I'm willing to forgive him is that it's ultimately HG's decision and if she wants him back, then well, she should have him back.

On another note, why, why, why the preemption of another episode?  Is this drama doing so poorly in ratings?  And why it is always this one that is getting preempted?  Why can't they preempt a different Sunday or Saturday drama?  So frustrating!  I'm almost ready to stop watching this until it's finished.  I hate you SBS!  Air your lame special at a different time.  What's wrong with 6:00? Better yet, what's wrong with 6:00 a.m.?  Families are gathered together and everyone can watch your lame special as a family if you air it earlier.  By 10:00 p.m., everyone has gone home and is too tired to watch tv.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, macaronsandsakuratea said:

Spoiler

I just want to thank, our chingu @seungshin-sshi: (1) For taking time to share the nuances of the Korean language by comparing the speech of Dr. Min vis-à-vis Choi Jin Eun. I don't fancy watching without subs because I personally find it very essential to read them first in order to understand the characters' standpoints or personalities better, hence her contribution was very helpful. In regard to Dr. Min, I agree with another chingu here saying that there's a little something off with his personality if we take into account his characteristic patterns of behaviour (perfectionist, orderly; emotionally detached = OC and schizoid) esp. in the earlier parts of the drama; and (2) For translating those articles/videos about Kim Hyun Joo, thereby providing us a rich insight into character or life in general. IHAL is my second drama encounter with her. The first one was through Boys over Flowers, and admittedly, although she was chic-awesome in that drama, I never gave much thought about her because, please forgive, during those times I was deeply delulu about Lee Min Ho. Thankfully, I gave IHAL a try or else I wouldn't have known about her. I was completely blown away in the first episode upon realising that Hae Kang and Yong Ki are being portrayed by just one actor and I've since become a fan after knowing that she is deeply pro-active in charities. What an amazing woman.

On a different note, I was esp. touched with some commentators' beautiful words about forgiveness. I before have mentioned that I was antipathetic towards watching IHAL or any drama for that matter with adultery as theme, one major reason to that being is I come from a family that is scarred deeply by adultery. I love my abeoji so much. I even followed in his footsteps per his orders despite my silent protestation (although I've chosen another career and I'm much more active in it now). On the one hand, I also love my eomma so much. I always say in my heart that I've already forgiven him, but sometimes there are those moments wherein distressing emotions like anger or pain come rushing in all of a sudden. Needless to say, the feeling is really ugly. Thus, I fervently hope and pray for that day to come wherein my family and I will savour sweet inner peace of which forgiveness is an essential ingredient.

Anyway, thanks again for the wonderful insights, chingus. I rarely join in forums, but this is one great forum, verily, I can say. So, kudos to the forum creator, and to all of you, fantastic contributors.

Happy IHAL weekend to all of you! Take Care!

@macaronsandsakuratea I agree. KHJ is making me take a closer look at her too. So much about her and of her that, the more I read and discover, the more amazing she gets. @seungshin is right. A yeoja-crush is irresistible ... (Btw, thanks for your translation on KHJ. Learned so much about her from it :)) She's so real and heartwarming. Is KHJ really KHJ the k-celeb? :P  

Thank you chingu for sharing your personal story. May sweet inner peace be upon you and fam soon. Fighting! boxer-emoticon-21262154.jpg

• Like 12