[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ep 34 ~ the cycle of forgiveness.

in the beginning of the episode: HK to SIS: who are you to forgive yourself? how can you forgive yourself when I haven't forgiven you? when my daughter hasn't?

in the end of the episode, HW asks if JE is going to forgive SIS. JE replies that it is not that he wants to but he has to. because if he does not forgive, then HK cannot get forgiveness. then she cannot forgive herself....

so what do folks think -- in order to forgive yourself, does the injured party need to forgive you? do you need to give forgiveness in order to receive it? and who goes first??

Everyone who has done wrong to the other party. 

However blind forgiveness can be just as bad. 

Spoiler

In the bible it forgive and sin no more.  I think we can forgive on our own to get past the pain at times.  However we should make sure when we forgive others that they are willing to change. If not one should be weary.  especially when it violence.  I might be able to forgive Director Shin but I am not leaving him alone with my wife until he clearly is ready to let go of that hate.

• Like 10

Guest my2centsworth
3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it seems that she feels like everyone is out to get her as well... when she was scolding the brother, he repeated YK2's words -- just because you are last in studies does not mean you are last in life. at this she scoffed and said those who come first squash those who come last and so it is important to be best so that you can be on top. and this is her attitude towards studying and grades -- so basically she does not enjoy anything because she needs to be on top of everything. the problem is perhaps, the first time she met someone who was better than her in many ways and she could not beat her -- so HK is her arch nemesis and this eats her up inside. accepting that there are people who are better than you in some aspects is important skill to have or it can lead to low self-esteem, depression or suicide.

in my place, there are these national institutes that are super hard to get into -- students go to tuition centers for years to prepare for the exams and even then, it is so highly competitive that not everyone gets in. but once they get in, many succumb to depression and there is always a suicide or two at these institutions (even though they have counselors to go to). why? because they discover they are not the only smart ones in the classroom and there are many who are just as smart as them or even smarter.

the irony is YK2's words is true -- many successful businessmen don't have much education, never attended fancy schools or had great grades but they roll in money in adulthood out of hard work. and those who had amazing grades in school sometimes never amount to much. some things are not taught.

There's a word for her just can't think of it right now. But love the way you describe SR.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ep 34 ~ the cycle of forgiveness.

in the beginning of the episode: HK to SIS: who are you to forgive yourself? how can you forgive yourself when I haven't forgiven you? when my daughter hasn't?

in the end of the episode, HW asks if JE is going to forgive SIS. JE replies that it is not that he wants to but he has to. because if he does not forgive, then HK cannot get forgiveness. then she cannot forgive herself....

so what do folks think -- in order to forgive yourself, does the injured party need to forgive you? do you need to give forgiveness in order to receive it? and who goes first??

It is really good if injured party is able to forgive...but it doesn't mean you will be able to forgive yourself even if that happens...sometimes people feel to guilty and bad about what happend ..i think HK will be in same position even after JE and SIS forgive

As for JE and SIS...i do believe people should forgive and try to forget for their own sake...to be able to go on with life

• Like 12

@LHRCN_   thanks for sharing those video of KHJ and our OTP during the award day....THEY REALLY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER..:heart::heart:

@Lmangla  FORGIVENESS IS BIBLICAL...forgive yourself first....and you can forgive others...so in JE and HK situation ..HK must forgive herself  for what she did to others that lead to the demise of their child...

• Like 11

In HK's case, she needs to forgive first in order to forgive herself.  Why?  Because until she forgives SIS, she cannot recognize her own guilt.  It's not that she doesn't know that she played a role, but that it's too painful to recognize.  Right now, there is someone else to blame for her daughter's death.  So, until she forgives that other person, she can't confront her own guilt.

I'm still really enjoying this drama, but I find what the author is doing with SR to be kind of boring.  Quite frankly, she was almost written completely out.  But now, she is back with a vengeance with what seems to be almost a contrived plot.  I understand that SR is in shock and disappointed about her health and her life path, but she is acting as though she is just an innocent victim.  The only area where she is a victim is with the Pudoxin that she took. On the other hand, that's a risk you take when you participate in a drug study.

What's really sad about SR is that the note her birth parent left with her is true: she is a child to be pitied.  I'm not sure what the entire story is with the other Baek adopted siblings, but I imagine that they were all also abandoned at one time or another.  However, they all seem to have gotten over it.  Not so with SR.  She never loved JE--rather, she was motivated by her anger because she felt that HK belittled her when she brought her shoes.  Well, duh!  You're a tart going after another woman's husband.  From that day, she became, to quote JinRi "Do Hae Kang's slave."  SR lived with no other purpose than to get back at HK.  And now she has the nerve to act as though she was just an innocent victim in some twisted game perpetrated by Hk and JE.  Please!  Grow up, find yourself first, and start taking responsibility for your actions.

Also am not sure what role JE's mom's Alzheimer's has in the plot.  It originally seemed that it was potentially going to tie in with some company medicine that she was taking, but it seems they used that plot on SR instead.

I think that Kim Hyun Joo is doing a fantastic job in this series.  Forget about the fact that she is playing two roles. Her portrayal of HK alone is fantastic.  I know that Ji Jin Hee was probably the bigger name but I think that Kim Hyun Joo is doing a much better job than he is.  Not to say that he's bad, just that he's not as great as she is.  Of course, the roles are also so very different.  As for Park Han Byul (SR), I hope she will stop getting typecast into these roles of "the other woman."  It seems that she is always cast in dramas as the younger, other woman.  I guess she just does it so well.

• Like 13

Monday --- Jan. 4. 2016 --- Late Afternoon

Catching up with posts in the forum!

@myonenonly --- "an extra cadaver bag"-- Ha! How well that captures the cold, strangely calculating Tae Seok!  The sociopath tendency within him that exists like a second personality alongside the loving brother, father, husband (he plans to take all punishment on himself, remember?). Writer Bae is a master of complex characters, isn't she? How calm & cool he was when he brought the office door keys to JE at the height of that emotional incident! 

@chubbychub1966 --- Thank you for the beautiful MV of Ryu's "Ephemeral Eyes" --- Maybe more meaningful than "Hollow" as a translation, I think.

@deandraluv --- Thank you for the song lyrics!  I listened to it on YT. So meaningful and very sweetly sung!  And I like your 2nd possible reason that JE didn't proceed right to  a "quickie" with HK.  I think he surely didn't want to repeat the SR mistake  --- responding to impulse --- when being with HK was so very important to him. He wants to be together with her for a lifetime.

@valsava --- OMG! Hello!      :blush:     Now I know exactly how "Yo-na" felt when she spotted her favorite "Boy Band singers" and broke through the crowd to join them on stage! (Jo In Sung's character in KMHM drama!). So glad to see you here --- a testament to just how good a drama IHAL is, IMHO.  Let me recommend an excellent blog to you --- The writer's recaps are clever and also humorous!  Then you can catch up on the episodes at a reasonable pace!

@Kfan7172 --- Love your POV r/t Epi. 34 --- I agree with your description of characters.  Gn is sadly very naive & gullible, for sure!  TS ia seriously mistaken when he sees himself as viewed as the same class of "hunting dog" as HK --- Did he forget the Chairman once telling him to his face that HK was absolutely in a nothing like him?   And I'm just not convinced that the Chairman is as evil as the Writer is allowing us to picture him.  We all know she can easily misdirect us, right?  I've always felt FROM FIRST EPISODES that BS is a good man & that MH is not as "bad" as he may appear.  

And I want to think that @jadecloud has already spotted the "love interest" planned for BS --- In the cast members who have not yet appeared onscreen in the drama.  Such a clever move!  I'd never thought of looking at the full list of casted actors!  And actress Lee Shi Won looks like a lovely match for our gentleman of honor, Lawyer Baek Seuk, doesn't she?    

I'm only half way down P.514 --- Better "Submit Reply" before i lose my post again!

@Linh Nguyen Ha --- It's so beautiful a song! Thank you so much.:cold_sweat: So sad!

• Like 12

Monday --- Jan. 4. 2016 --- Late Afternoon

Catching up with posts in the forum!

@myonenonly --- "an extra cadaver bag"-- Ha! How well that captures the cold, strangely calculating Tae Seok!  The sociopath tendency within him that exists like a second personality alongside the loving brother, father, husband (he plans to take all punishment on himself, remember?). Writer Bae is a master of complex characters, isn't she? How calm & cool he was when he brought the office door keys to JE at the height of that emotional incident! 

@chubbychub1966 --- Thank you for the beautiful MV of Ryu's "Ephemeral Eyes" --- Maybe more meaningful than "Hollow" as a translation, I think.

@deandraluv --- Thank you for the song lyrics!  I listened to it on YT. So meaningful and very sweetly sung!  And I like your 2nd possible reason that JE didn't proceed right to  a "quickie" with HK.  I think he surely didn't want to repeat the SR mistake  --- responding to impulse --- when being with HK was so very important to him. He wants to be together with her for a lifetime.

@valsava --- OMG! Hello!      :blush:     Now I know exactly how "Yo-na" felt when she spotted her favorite "Boy Band singers" and broke through the crowd to join them on stage! (Jo In Sung's character in KMHM drama!). So glad to see you here --- a testament to just how good a drama IHAL is, IMHO.  Let me recommend an excellent blog to you --- The writer's recaps are clever and also humorous!  Then you can catch up on the episodes at a reasonable pace!

@Kfan7172 --- Love your POV r/t Epi. 34 --- I agree with your description of characters.  Gn is sadly very naive & gullible, for sure!  TS ia seriously mistaken when he sees himself as viewed as the same class of "hunting dog" as HK --- Did he forget the Chairman once telling him to his face that HK was absolutely in a nothing like him?   And I'm just not convinced that the Chairman is as evil as the Writer is allowing us to picture him.  We all know she can easily misdirect us, right?  I've always felt FROM FIRST EPISODES that BS is a good man & that MH is not as "bad" as he may appear.  

And I want to think that @jadecloud has already spotted the "love interest" planned for BS --- In the cast members who have not yet appeared onscreen in the drama.   

• Like 10

5 hours ago, zagigirl said:

I might agree on father...but as much as i resent her for not telling the truth to girls...i can't forget she was just a woman left alone with small kid...with no money

No doubt, but from what she said, she left their father because she wanted money. She was tired of waiting for him to become successful. So to me, she left a child because she wanted wealth; calling herself a terrible b.i.t.c.h. So, I don't know if she left with no money, but I know from what was said that she left to seek someone with money.

• Like 7

On 1/4/2016 at 2:57 AM, LHRCN_ said:

Ji Jin Hee mentions KHJ on sbs show and unseen fancam at sbs awards

Mod edit: Do not quote videos.

Gosh, JJH is looking more handsome these days! I wish that reality show has English subs. It's such a refreshing sight to see him guest in this type of show....I swear I can't take my eyes off him...ottoke :wub: ?

• Like 11

On 1/4/2016 at 2:57 AM, LHRCN_ said:

Ji Jin Hee mentions KHJ on sbs show and unseen fancam at sbs awards

Mod edit: Do not quote videos.

whenever he was interviewed regarding this drama..( AGAIN IN THIS VIDEO HE ANSWER THE SAME;) when they ask him about his character ..he always emphasize that is not cheating it was love,REALLY!

ANY SUGGESTION IF HIS DRAMA...ONE WARM WORD IS WORTH WATCHING?

• Like 12

Sorry about that double post, Guys!  Then when I tried to be clever & fix it --- I lost THAT post --- hit some crazy wrong button!

Here are the "Random Comments" I was trying to post anyway --- Maybe they've been brought up already:

1.  I think Hae Gang has jumped at a chance to FIRE Jin Eon!  As she signed that document, she had the Chairman agree NOT to countermand any decisions she made as she went to work "weeding out undesirable employees"!

2.   I'm sad that HK & JE have only those few small photos to remember their wedding day. In every Korean drama, the BIG "Wedding Couple Photo" is a "MUST HAVE!". It hangs above the couple's bed or is prominently displayed near the entrance to their home.   And I think JE got her to marry him very shortly after they consumated their union, the night of the "World Cup Madness" in June, 2002! JE would hurry to "do the right thing" by HK.  And this explains his regret at insisting on marrying her, even when she had said "NO!" to his proposal!   So they were married only 8 years when Eun Sol died in June, 2010. 

3.   Someone here casually mentioned that HK & JE were strolling along the "metaseqoia road" when JE figured out that she still really did love him.   Hmmm.... Like BS so often, I can be so dense at times.  Finally looked the road up on the internet:

4.   Here is an article I found as I was looking for the best pictures of the Metaseqoia Walking Road.  I never knew ther were as many as 800 original hanoks still existing!  I thought what "villages" there were had been made by moving hanoks in order to preserve them, like  historical sites like Williamsburg and such places in the U.S.  So for others like myself, here is what I found:

Spoiler

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in my place, there are these national institutes that are super hard to get into -- students go to tuition centers for years to prepare for the exams and even then, it is so highly competitive that not everyone gets in. but once they get in, many succumb to depression and there is always a suicide or two at these institutions (even though they have counselors to go to). why? because they discover they are not the only smart ones in the classroom and there are many who are just as smart as them or even smarter.

the irony is YK2's words is true -- many successful businessmen don't have much education, never attended fancy schools or had great grades but they roll in money in adulthood out of hard work. and those who had amazing grades in school sometimes never amount to much. some things are not taught.

I totally agree w/ u on partial YK2's words..., however, I tend to disagree about "hard work" though.  That's how I grew up.. hard work is not necessary.  It is more important on how one think and feel about one's work.  None of the elders in our family has to work.  My generation works because we don't want to wait for their money...lol.. older people live very, very long these days.  I think it is a misconception that ppl were taught that you have to beat everyone.  No one can beat everyone, you can have a miserable life doing that. 

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, trust71 said:

whenever he was interviewed regarding this drama..( AGAIN IN THIS VIDEO HE ANSWER THE SAME;) when they ask him about his character ..he always emphasize that is not cheating it was love,REALLY!

if you wanna see the other side of jJH, watch Blood. He is a bad richard simmons vampire in that drama. Actingwise he nailed it. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, trust71 said:

I get to watch up to the middle of the series run but eventually gave up. I just find their acting so lacking. To be honest, I am torned between the husband (Lee Sang Woo) and Ji Jin Hee's character. But I already love JJH in that series...he is really so attractive, very fit and young looking.

I just find it funny that I did not see any intimate scenes (not even kissing) between the characters of Han Hye Jin and Ji Jin Hee when they are supposed to be having an affair. The source of good feel I had is from the characters of Park Seo Joon and Han Groo.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Jalhanda said:

I get to watch up to the middle of the series run but eventually gave up. I just find their acting so lacking. To be honest, I am torned between the husband (Lee Sang Woo) and Ji Jin Hee's character. But I already love JJH in that series...he is really so attractive, very fit and looking young.

I just find it funny that I did not see any intimate scenes (not even kissing) between the characters of Han Hye Jin and Ji Jin Hee when they are supposed to be having an affair. The source of good feel I had is from the character of Park Seo Joon and Han Groo.

@trust71

Well, OWW is the drama that introduced me to JJH.  I like him but don't really like his character there.  He was too stoic, IMO. I prefer the hot blooded JE:D

It is a different kind of affair.  In OWW it was an emotional affair while in IHAL it was a physical affair.  The character of wife in OWW is different than HG.

I personally love OWW and did not regret watching it for it taught me ALOT about marriage, family and relationships.  There are alot of great lines I can still remember from the drama.   It is also about finding love after marriage (since they were matchmade couple) and maintaining it.  OWW is not a melodramatic kind of drama, it deals with real life's issues.  

So....are you interested?

• Like 9

I get to watch up to the middle of the series run but eventually gave up. I just find their acting so lacking. To be honest, I am torned between the husband (Lee Sang Woo) and Ji Jin Hee's character. But I already love JJH in that series...he is really so attractive, very fit and young looking.

I just find it funny that I did not see any intimate scenes (not even kissing) between the characters of Han Hye Jin and Ji Jin Hee when they are supposed to be having an affair. The source of good feel I had is from the character of Park Seo Joon and Han Groo.

Affair of the hearts.  He wrote in a book he intended to give it to her that one can complete love without physical.. and that book the leads met again when they were really old after their spouses died.

• Like 10

KSL say:

That woman knowing there were side effect,deliberately, maliciously didn't tell me.To make me this miserable.Had she told me back then.I would have stop taking PUDOXIN. If she had told me one word not to take it,if she had told me I wouldn't be like this. 

while she's telling all this..THERE!!!!!  BS and BS appa just listening :angry:not even realizing that 4yrs ago this  same woman whom she's blaming she stole her husband.

:lol: SHE'S EXPECTING DHK TO BE CIVIL ON HER .    

@liltash85     @Jalhanda   @deandraluv....thanks to your response....i've already watch blood...his so good in action  and his fit to be a villain.

• Like 10

About the drama, "One Warm Word", I really,  really liked it myself.  I liked it so much that it led me to Soompi forums eventually.  First, I had only the comments at Viki to read. Folks there got a little over heated in their opinions of the characters & events. And one of my favorite writers left the comments section. Within the month OWW finished, I had found the Soompi forum for "Secret Love Affair" and it's been my  "place to be"  for positive discussions about dramas ever since.

I think the drama, OWW, is one where the way you see the story is affected by where you are in your life at that time. Being older, long married, and children of similar ages & older,  I think I "identified" most with the older couple.  Their story was the one that resonated with me. One of the writers here said that the Writer of OWW had prior career experience as a couples counselor. It explains more why the older couple's dilemma, views, misunderstandings, and even their dialogue seemed so real!  Ji Jin Hee really  played his character very well.

Does anyone here know the movie, "Rebel Without A Cause"? WOW! Just read the Wiki page --- I never knew that much about the film!  But WTH, I was just a teenager myself!  And I saw it from the vantage point of a teen --- crazy about James Dean, too. Many years later, I happened to see parts of the movie again.  But the parents seemed to be much wiser than they did before! and I identified more with their fears and worries. I was shocked by my own reaction! 

Well I think OWW is a drama that can be seen from several different viewpoints. However, I liked it a lot and would recommend it to anyone.  A really fine drama, IMHO.  Now that I think about it, there were 4 couple relationships explored.   The younger couple's parents and the youngest couple  (Each was a sibling of the wife in the 2 main couples! --- Best Couple Award!)

I'll make that a "Highly Recommend" from me!  I know personal tastes vary. But I put it in the same class as IHAL, in my  "Most Loved Drama" List ( All the A-, A, and A+  dramas IMO).

• Like 13

agree. im torn between the character of these two men. but Lee Sang Woo get xtra crdt from me coz he is the one trying to save the marriage  for the sake of their daughter, even when Han Hye jin already decided to get a divorce. but luckily JJH character changed towards the end. 

yup in OWW i like the character of Park Seo Joon n Han Groo. This is where i knew Seo Joon. its so sad when they knew that its hard for them to be together because when their fate is messed up of what happen between their sisters. 

• Like 11