[Variety] New Journey to the West 신서유기 ( tvN x Naver)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest psycheros

If you observe closely, you can identify the shoe thief.

The culprit wore striped shorts.

rzYeA2U.jpg

Jiwon is looking for his shoes in the morning. Hodong is behind him.

f6YvB64.jpg
Hodong is wearing the distinctive shorts! LQ7OM12.jpg

Shoe thief...  

Yeah, totally Hodong.  Not only because of the shorts but because he's the only one who had his actual shoes hidden.  The other guys all didn't have their real shoes.  

Na PD was such a baby not wanting to get shocked.

I loved these episodes a lot more than the previous ones.  They do best when they are together just chilling out or playing games.  I really love how they do sort of do games, but it's more like them just traveling around.  Nobody really suffers me (poor Jiwon, let's hope you get breakfast... )  and everyone has a good time.  It's great to watch.  I can't wait for next week. 

Guest sunshineo

I was LOLing at mother-in-LA, long mother and side mom!!! I really love Seunggi with these guys because for all his image consciousness, everything falls apart when he's with his hyungs and it just feels right! He spews out a series of correct answers to Hodong's questions (who looked diminished when his questions were easily answered!) and then comes up with mother in la. He knows he's smart but when this bunch comes together their cluelessness rubs off on on Seunggi and we have a long drawn out clueless conversation which I love so much!

Yes, the clueless conversation is always the best!! Something You'll always miss for >< (and this come from me who also loves logic things .. lol)

Even though SeungGi can get along well with Noona, RM-gang, midae hyung or whoseever, but still.. it feels differents! SeungGi chemistry with these lovely-crazy hyungs is in another lever! the best! I Love Hyungs! They're really the bros ^3^

----------------------------------

Soompi:

Lee Seung Gi Is Shocked By Kang Ho Dong’s English Quiz Response on “New Journey to the West”

Lee Seung Gi Is Shocked By Kang Ho Dong’s English Quiz Response on “New Journey to the West”

Lee Seung Gi, Kang Ho Dong, Lee Soo Geun and Eun Ji Won are currently starring in PD Na Young Suk‘s web series “New Journey to the West,” which documents their five-day trip together in China.

As the cast is waiting to head in to see the famous terra cotta army, they decide to quiz each other to pass the time. Eun Ji Won takes the first turn and asks Kang Ho Dong, “What is the past tense of the word “can” in English?”

journey to the west

Kang Ho Dong replies with absolutely no hesitation, “I can’t.”

journey to the west 2

Lee Seung Gi can’t seem to believe his ears for a second, and then says, “Oh, come on!” He then bursts out laughing, and so does everyone else, including Kang Ho Dong. “Hyung, get out of the car!” Lee Seung Gi jokes.

journey to the west 4

Kang Ho Dong tries to show everyone that he understands the word “can” by throwing out phrases like “You can do it!” but Eun Ji Won points out that he was asking for the past tense form. “We have to head towards the future!” jokes Kang Ho Dong.

journey to the west 5

You can see new episodes of “New Journey to the West” every Friday on Naver TVCast.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/19/lee-seung-gi-is-shocked-by-kang-ho-dongs-english-quiz-response-on-new-journey-to-the-west/

I hope Soompi can catch more funny things from NJttW  ..lol

Guest sunshineo

About the shoes thief

Tbh, my heart want it was SeungGi, just because it'd be something different, it doesn't mean he never did mischievous things before, but becuase it's rare :P

but yeah, my mind and the proof says it was Hodong.. :lol: baby bear will get mad to papa bear.. :lol: 

------------------------------------

[September 19, 2015] Na Youngseok PD, “Great to See Lee Seunggi’s Model Student Complex Disappear” (Interview)
English: LSGfan via MyDaily/Naver

Uhm-Chin-Ah (Mom’s Friend’s Son), Ballad Prince, Entertainment’s Brain and more, these are all common descriptors for singer and actor Lee Seunggi. His handsome and smart image capturing passionate female fans with even his image of slight shortcomings (‘Heodang’ ways), makes Lee Seunggi perfect yet with friendly charms.

But in cable channel tvN’s ‘New Journey to the West’ there’s something different about Lee Seunggi. Whether directly commenting on his military service, one of entertainment’s most sensitive topics, or Lee Sugeun’s gambling, even Eun Jiwon’s divorce, he did so without any reservations.  He even grabbed veteran sunbae Kang Hodong by the collar in front of the cameras.  Indeed, in other words, ‘our Seunggi has changed.’

This kind of transformation in Lee Seunggi feels unfamiliar yet also interesting. Regarding this, Na Youngseok PD expressed, ‘It’s great to see.’  Why, because the process transformation of Lee Seunggi, who debuted as a fresh-faced 18-year old to the Lee Seunggi who has become an entertainment veteran approaching 30, is very natural.

Na PD, “Seunggi first joined ‘1 Night 2 Days’ at the age of 23 (should be 21) and back then he was truly a fresh young adult. I felt the same and so did the general public, we enthusiastically cheered because we liked that image. However as time passed, Lee Seunggi is approaching 30 (in non-Korean age, turns 29 in Jan. 2016) and although I don’t know for certain, but I believe he went through many things during that time. For anyone, there is change as one gets older and as expected, the same is true for Lee Seunggi. Honestly, as we were editing ‘New Journey to the West,’ we even considered whether we should filter some of Seunggi’s straightforward language and behavior, but we concluded that shouldn’t be the case.”

Hard to believe that “Next year, I have to either do military or go to prison” were words straight from Lee SeungGi’s own mouth.  His straightforward comments even completely flustered Kang Hodong.  It’s as if he had been totally holding out to participate in an internet platform broadcast and charged ahead only looking forward.  To the hapless Kang Hodong, Lee Seunggi advised “you can’t have any qualms about anything.”  To all of this, Na PD expressed “It’s really great to see.”

Na PD explained, “While a portion of the audience may anticipate him as only being courteous and well-mannered in front of the Hyungs, I wanted to show another side of Lee Seunggi that results with the passing of time.  Naturally, Seunggi always had a strict and model student complex for himself.  However, more recently, I’ve really enjoyed watching him a bit more free and lenient with himself.  It’s great to see that. Rather than being tied to a past image, it’s good to see him showing himself as he is now.  Therefore I told Seunggi to ‘comfortably do the show.'”

While it’s great to see the Lee Seunggi singing ballads on stage and the Lee Seunggi gently laughing in advertisements/commercials, seeing Lee Seunggi tease and threaten Kang Hodong on ‘New Journey to the West’ is also refreshing, and leaves us with a favorable impression.  As he has become more close and intimate with the public over time, [NJttW] feels as if he has become even more comfortable and natural rather than a sense of betrayal of hidden ways being now shown; thus, his small transformation is great to see.  This is the reason we anticipate Lee Seunggi  in ‘New Journey to the West,’ the Xuanzang Monk who leads his hyungs.  And as expected, Na PD emphasized that we can anticipate Lee Seunggi to match that.

Best Top Comments (on the article)

---> https://lsgfan.wordpress.com/2015/09/19/na-youngseok-pd-great-to-see-lee-seunggis-model-student-complex-disappear-interview-netizen-response/

------------------

Maybe bacause I'm a SeungGi fan so I couldn't hate him.. :P but I really think this straightforward and bold SeungGi is really charming and fresh. Even though I did get shocked when he even make a joke about the enlistment issue himself, actually from the start I was expecting and anticipating to see some new side of him through this show.

In another note, from this article I can see Na PD's love. Even though he's the evil PD of the show which I can see him grinning happily to see SeungGi "darker" side, I found he still keep trying to protect SeungGi in this interview, and It made me can't stop loving him too.. ^3^ his loves is everasting. lol . I believe his loves for his other boys are everlating too.. the proof was they get him in this show.. :lol:

When Na PD starting TMaD, he said that it was his affair with Midae hyung, lol.. and I think, now when he back with the boys, he must be so happy to back with his true love.. haha  :lol:

Guest sunshineo

#ICYMI NJttW hit 30M views in Saturday morning!! Congratulation!! ^0^/

And the numbers keep growing, it's over 32M views already.

If NjttW viewership keep stabil like this, I think they'll at least get 50M views in the week they rilis the lasts episodes. hoho.. ^^ Pray for the best. :) More than the success in viewership, I hope in the end netizen can keep opening their heart for the cast.. ^^

PS: hope they'll add more editor's cut footage.. like 5 more clips.. hahaha :P

It's almost 33 million right now.  I want 50 million views, but I dunno if that's too much to hope for. It will get 50 million for sure eventually though.  Don't see why it wouldn't.  

The views are slower for newer episodes than it was in week one, but the older episodes are still being watched.  Ep. 6 is nearing 2 million and episode 1 has 3.5 million with the 2-5 all having over 2 million.   So it's really pretty stable.  

They have to do a Season 2. 

Guest sunshineo

More good news coming!! It's not only extended to 5 weeks, but also we will get surprise clip tomorrow! Yippppeee!! \^0^/

NJttW Rep “Release extended to 5 weeks… Surprise clip to be revealed on Sept. 22”

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 by tryp96

2015092101002462300171951.jpg

CJ E&M announced on September 21 that NJttW clips will be released over a period of 5 weeks. “Initially, we mentioned at the press conference that we planned to release 20 clips over 4 weeks. But because of the nature of internet contents, we’ve been editing and releasing it flexibly, going with the flow of the plot. After going through the production process, we’ve got more footage than expected. But the exact number of clips has not been decided yet.”

Meanwhile, at 10am KST on September 22, Ep 16 will be released in order to help viewers better understand the plot development of the games starting in NJttW. It’s a clip of dragon ball acquisition mission where the monsters who failed to obtain the 1-star dragon ball tried to obtain it again.

source: sportschosun via nate
English translation: tryp96.wordpress.com

----------------------------------

They said  the number of clips has not been decided yet. So, even it will be extended to 5 weeks, maybe it can be less than 25 episodes, but I hope It'll be more than 25 episodes instead.. :P

Anyway.. stay tune tomorrow morning on Naver TV Cast  to see NJttW Ep.16 ;)

(Though I think I wouldn't be able to watch it till late of day, I have morning mission tomorrow.. lol)

Guest sunshineo

33M views.. ^3^

It's it only me who already wondering how tomorrow episode will be? Excited ><

Why they need to give explaination about the game? Is it that hard to understand it..? lol

Though it's not the matter, as long as I can see them sooner I'll take any reason ^3^

and now my close friends are in love with NJTTW kkkkkk, mission success to influence them

@Niel2804

Good job!! ;) keep spread the love..  hahaa..:D

We're not supposed to post some links but if you google New Journey to the West ENG SUB you will find tons of links on video sharing sites that have the full 1-15 uploaded. Also Lee Seunggi's Airen (his fansite) websites have a links on the subbed episodes. Hope this helps.

Ep 20 Night of Wishes! Crazy Guy Eun Ji Won’s Wish is?

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/550195

http://m.star.naver.com/leeseunggi/video/end?id=80189

Ep 21 Final Mission! Fate Up to HoDong!

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/550203

http://m.star.naver.com/leeseunggi/video/end?id=80188

Ep 22 It’s All Over But Let’s Still Do One Quiz

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/550213

http://m.star.naver.com/leeseunggi/video/end?id=80187

Final Episode. Epilogue Made to Not Waste What Was Filmed (End)

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/550221

http://m.star.naver.com/leeseunggi/video/end?id=80186

Title translation: tryp96

Archived