Guest ororomunroe

Guest ororomunroe

High school uniforms and boxing gloves for Oh My Venus

by javabeans | October 21, 2015 | 46 Comments

venus4.jpg

Oh My Venus (the KBS rom-com formerly known as Oh My God) finally has some stills for us, with a few fan photos thrown in for good measure. I have to concede that this drama sounds like a pastiche of a bunch of other recent dramas, but if only for the sake of the cast, I sure hope it finds a way to refresh its familiar premise. Please be good please be good.

Shin Mina (Arang and the Magistrate) plays a lawyer who was gorgeous in high school (as we can see in the new stills) and has become overweight in adulthood, who embarks on a diet challenge with the help of famous trainer So Ji-sub (Master’s Sun). She’ll get with the weight-loss program, but more importantly, they’ll heal each other’s wounds and fall in love.

Admittedly that sounds a lot like She Was Pretty’s pretty-to-ugly-and-back-to-pretty-again reversal, but since this drama is touting itself as a “health healing romantic comedy,” it does sound like the plot will be more about the process of her transformation than Pretty.

Playing rival is Yoo In-young (Mask), who was the overweight ugly girl in high school and is now the sleek, beautiful boss at the law firm where Shin Mina works. Jung Kyeo-woon plays Shin Mina’s longtime boyfriend who ditches her for Yoo In-young, which is a plotline pretty much ripped right out of his last drama, Birth of a Beauty, where he married the heroine out of duty when she was unattractive, then wanted her back when she became Han Ye-seul. At least we know he’s good at playing the shallow douchebag? Not like anyone will be looking at him with So Ji-sub around anyway, right?

Henry (of Super Junior M and Persevere, Gu Hae-ra) will be playing a Harvard-educated genius with an innocent personality who’s So Ji-sub’s buddy. If he’s a genius, why is he boxing in the photos below? Is he… a genius boxer? I did really enjoy his cheery, goofy personality in Gu Hae-ra, so I have hopes that he’ll make for a hilarious sidekick.

Source

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ororomunroe

Dapper So Ji Sub and Cute High School Shin Mina in First Stills for Oh My Venus

woeok.jpg

Sophisticated sexy is one of my favorite leading man looks and the production of upcoming KBS drama Oh My Venus totally nails it for So Ji Sub. This drama will be crawling out of the ratings pits left by its predecessor Sassy Go Go, which currently resides so far below MBC makjang Glamorous Temptation and SBS sageuk Six Flying Dragons. It might not be mission impossible for OMV to garner some interest and traction – makeover rom-com She Was Pretty is doing comparatively gangbusters ratings for MBC on Wed-Thurs which might portend a wider appetite for rom-coms in general, in which case OMV is in luck at just the right time. it also doesn’t hurt for the drama to stack the odds with established and still totally gorgeous leads So Ji Sub and Shin Mina. The first official stills are out for both, with So Ji Sub rocking the suit and Shin Mina trying on her old high school uniform for size.

Read more - http://koalasplayground.com/2015/10/22/dapper-so-ji-sub-and-cute-high-school-shin-mina-in-first-stills-for-oh-my-venus/

First Stills of So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah Filming “Oh My Venus” Revealed

First Stills of So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah Filming “Oh My Venus” Revealed

The first photo stills from KBS2 TV‘s upcoming drama “Oh My Venus” have been released!

“Oh My Venus” stars So Ji Sub as a Hollywood personal trainer named Kim Young Ho who suffered a debilitating injury in his childhood, and Shin Min Ah as a lawyer named Kang Joo Eun who is struggling with her weight. Kang Joo Eun hires Kim Young Ho to help her with her diet and her weight.

Read more - http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/23/first-stills-of-so-ji-sub-and-shin-min-ah-filming-oh-my-venus-revealed/

Welcome to the thread @meanna.

@Sarang21,

Thanks for sharing Sunghoon's photo but it was taken when he was filming New Tales of Gaesang in 2011. The ones that will give us more than A PEAK as mentioned by @valsava are those shared by @mathi ,(thanks for sharing. Seen them already on his fan page as I'm there 24/7) are his latest! He's worked harder after the swimming series of CKOTB ended. His abs are more pronounced now and will definitely give SJS a run for his money.

Yes, my family and I are doing fine, thanks, @valsava. Will be going to Korea again soon and hoping to catch Sunghoon filming OMV live there.

@Sarang21,

Thanks for sharing Sunghoon's photo but it was taken when he was filming New Tales of Gaesang in 2011. The ones that will give us more than A PEAK as mentioned by @valsava are those shared by @mathi ,(thanks for sharing. Seen them already on his fan page as I'm there 24/7) are his latest! He's worked harder after the swimming series of CKOTB ended. His abs are more pronounced now and will definitely give SJS a run for his money.

Yes, my family and I are doing fine, thanks, @valsava. Will be going to Korea again soon and hoping to catch Sunghoon filming OMV live there.

@gladys57,  Glad you and the family is fine We also have a trip to Korea planned for next fall.. 

OK that's the drama I remember Sunghoon from NTOG..

Hi all... sorry to be MIA. My computer was in the shop, and I am playing catch up now.

So great to come back to so many updates! Thank you everyone, and warm welcome to all new people  on the thread.

Looks like I have to go to the end of the line, both for SJS and SH...! I'll wait my turn patiently....

High school uniforms and boxing gloves for Oh My Venus

venus14.jpg

More on Dramabeans

Henry's fans posted this relationship chart

Embedded image permalink

Guest ororomunroe

Hi 09@ororomunroe *bow* thanks for starting this thread. OMG i am really not updated to new dramas. Thank god i stalk your profile just to see your avatar, then i saw your post on upcoming drama. Thank god i check it out. Thanks again ororomunroe and other contributors here. See you around when the drama started.

Aww, thanks for the compliment chingu. Yes, I'm so glad I got this thread made first because there are so many SJS stalkers out there lol. Glad you're joining us.

Just 23 days to go! :D

Hi 09@ororomunroe *bow* thanks for starting this thread. OMG i am really not updated to new dramas. Thank god i stalk your profile just to see your avatar, then i saw your post on upcoming drama. Thank god i check it out. Thanks again ororomunroe and other contributors here. See you around when the drama started.

Aww, thanks for the compliment chingu. Yes, I'm so glad I got this thread made first because there are so many SJS stalkers out there lol. Glad you're joining us.

Just 23 days to go! :D

...and i am one of his retired stalker...who will become active again, lol. Moreover the lead lady is Shin Min Ah...omg, just get married already, they're in that age and i think SJS is already open for a marriage life, lol. I used to ship him with GHJ because of their off screen chemistry in TMS. lol. Maybe i should go for him with SMA this time, haha...

Ok count down starts now for me to get ready... 23 days more. I'll go for a deep sleep and wake up after 23 days..haha.. just kidding. I'll visit here again for updates.

Guest ororomunroe

@hazelzerone, I bolded a certain section in this article just for you :P

'Oh My Venus' So Ji-sub looks unbearably flawless in suit

photo646297.jpg

Scenes from "Oh My Venus" So Ji-sub's first take have been revealed.

So Ji-sub plays Kim Yeongho, a personal fitness trainer, who turns strong with the stronger people and soft with the weak people, in the KSB' new Monday & Tuesday drama. The drama will air soon in November.

So Ji-sub's role is a personal trainer and a veiled successor of a medical corporation, Gahong. During the first take, he showed off the rebellious and liberal appeals of his character.

So Ji-sub's first filming session was done in a Korean restaurant in Jung-gu, Seoul on October 19th. Prior to the filming, PD Kim Hyoung-seok introduced him to the filming set. He appeared to the set as all of the staff was giving a huge applauds. His professional and thorough attitude revealed his passionate approach towards his character.

He got along with the staff members during recesses in between filming. The filming went through smoothly thanks to his sterling acting abilities. His endless smiles and enthusiastic works wrapped up the filming fast and easy.

When he changed into the successor role of the medical corporation Gahong from a personal trainer, he looked unbearably flawless in the suit. A staff member said, "Magical So Ji-sub, there's no exit for you once you fell for him".

One of the most highly anticipated dramas during the second half this year, "Oh My Venus" will begin on November 16th right after 'Cheeky Go Go' has finished.

Source

When he changed into the successor role of the medical corporation Gahong from a personal trainer, he looked unbearably flawless in the suit. A staff member said, "Magical So Ji-sub, there's no exit for you once you fell for him".

One of the most highly anticipated dramas during the second half this year, "Oh My Venus" will begin on November 16th right after 'Cheeky Go Go' has finished.

Source

OMG that bit is indeed true. He maybe not the most handsome actor in Korea...but when he smile... OMG, nosebleed, lol.

Thanks for the update ororomunroe, though i thought at first you're gonna bold on something like 'perfect abs' or 'bed scene' statement, hahaha....

Guest ororomunroe

Source

OMG that bit is indeed true. He maybe not the most handsome actor in Korea...but when he smile... OMG, nosebleed, lol.

Thanks for the update ororomunroe, though i thought at first you're gonna bold on something like 'perfect abs' or 'bed scene' statement, hahaha....

From your keyboard to Drama Goddess' ears! Has SJS ever done a bed scene before?

Source

From your keyboard to Drama Goddess' ears! Has SJS ever done a bed scene before?

Ok not that i remember in a drama...but yes in his movies.

@Sarang21,

ah thanks for the info.....he looks more tonned in the new....My eyes are really happy :w00t:.

Make sure to bingr us a lot of pictures from the filming :lol:

@hazelzerone Which one? :w00t:

OMOOOO… Can't wait for this drama. Lat time I watched So ji Sub drama was Master Sun and I loved it solo much. And Shin Min Ah last drama I watched was Arang and Magistrate which was good as well. So, I have a very high expectation for this drama.

And cannot wait to see Henry again. My sweet mochi is in korean drama now. YAY!! :w00t:

In the first still cuts, So Ji Sub definitely looks dope in suits. 

Archived