Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, szne09 said:

@hrkharis from what I know (as a longtime SMA fan), she chose this drama because she's recently been interested in playing more mature/realistic roles for her age (she's 32 korean age). Like her previous movie role in My Love, My Bride, she wants to portray a relatable character in KJE and personally I think she's done a great job. 

To each is own but I really think this drama is a breath of fresh air because of the openness of the OTP to one another. Even if it hasnt done so well in ratings it is definitely one of the shows I'll repeat watching. Cant wait for the preview this weekend!

No problem, everyone is free to choose. Just like you, if there is a drama that I love, I watch a few times. But our interests may be different.
Criticized not mean dislike. Being a loyal fan it was great. Sometimes an artist needs to get the criticism that he/she does not stop at one point. Good players will be open to receive input from the audience and fans.
Here I don't say she has bad acting. She's pretty good. If she gets more challenging script, she certainly would be great. Good or bad a player depends on how the director directs the player. Screenwriter also contribute. Making the drama is the result of teamwork.
About rating, if I see the drama, I don't care about the rating.
The rating applies only to viewers in Korea. We, who live outside of Korea, are free to choose and not affected.

10 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

No problem, everyone is free to choose. Just like you, if there is a drama that I love, I watch a few times. But our interests may be different.
Criticized not mean dislike. Being a loyal fan it was great. Sometimes an artist needs to get the criticism that he/she does not stop at one point. Good players will be open to receive input from the audience and fans.
Here I don't say she has bad acting. She's pretty good. If she gets more challenging script, she certainly would be great. Good or bad a player depends on how the director directs the player. Screenwriter also contribute. Making the drama is the result of teamwork.
About rating, if I see the drama, I don't care about the rating.
The rating applies only to viewers in Korea. We, who live outside of Korea, are free to choose and not affected.

That's is so true!!! that's why?  we are individual and we have freedom of speech!!!:blush:

Guest xoxoprincessxoxo1000
8 hours ago, fortune01teller said:

I want to see him as a 'great' and 'beloved' actor not just as a 'popular' and 'handsome' actor. Specially when people have started to think that he has become old (Although I don't understand how can a 38 years person can be considered old. There are actors in another countries who start their career at that age.)

It would be nice that his few next projects will be movie by critically acclaimed directors where he could challenge himself and even could have more international recognition. I want him to be 'quality' actor from now on.

- I also know it's not his fault that he don't get such offers because his agency is not that powerful and you have to play a lot of politics to get desired projects.

So my concern is only regarding to his future.

So Ji Sub is regarded as a great and beloved actor. obviously not the level of choi min sik or song kang ho but...many people know him not only as a handsome and popular actor, he got popular bc of his outstanding performance on I'm Sorry I Love You and his movie 'Rough Cut' was also positively received and he got an award from 'New York Asian Film Festival'. 

I think it doesn't matter if his agency is small, I think he can still get good offers bc of his star power and his value as a celebrity IMO

Hopefully as the years go by he'll go into more diverse roles and his next projects will be great!! 

it's not Christmas here in the US yet, but i know a lot of you guys are celebrating where you're at right now.. so

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :blush::heart:

a4cd26b8-f5f2-405b-97b4-e1b4a31c20a6.jpggiordano_co_kr_20121123_100308_zpsfeb6d6a65da606-c4f1-4887-ab75-e7ec869373f7.jpg

partly wish they were filming over the holidays so our couple can be together on Christmas LOL, but i hope they got to get some rest and relax as well. and whatever they're doing, i hope they're filled with smiles like this :wub:

tumblr_mhznibddQz1r5iugro8_250.giftumblr_mhznibddQz1r5iugro5_250.gif

tumblr_mhznibddQz1r5iugro6_250.giftumblr_mhznibddQz1r5iugro4_250.gif

14 hours ago, fortune01teller said:

SJS's script choices(and fashion choices) always infuriates me.  He has talent( and hotness) but I don't know why does he sign crap projects ( and wears weird clothes) specially when his frequency of starring in dramas( and making public appearance) is very low. Sometimes I feel his sensibility is quiet different than normal people.

This makes me think of Johnny Depp whose looks puts him in the 'leading man' category early in his career--which can be very unchallenging to some actors.

Although his early fans mostly wanted him to be 'hot' he wanted to act. So he got out of 21 Jump Street and picked up weird not sexgod roles like Edward Scissorhand that require him to stretch as an actor.

Over time his fans (whether he converted his old fans or got new ones I don't know) began to adore him for his acting range and not just his hotness.

a true artist see things we don't 

recognizes similarities in the different

differences on the similar

connects to the universe on levels we aren't aware exist

and dresses accordingly.

i think artists of all sorts promise us their artistic product, and for that i am grateful. I don't think I own their lives.

Nor do I think they are obligated to amuse, entertain, or please me when the are off the clock.

if i met my dentist socially i don't expect her to insist i open my mouth so she can check my teeth.

But artistes are very self conscious people.. they have the fear of getting hated, slammed, unpopular.. bashed... especially Korean netizens are really harsh on their stars....  

That's why many artistes can fall into depression easily.... so they do care about how to make themselves be talked about...  be in limelight (good sense)

2 hours ago, cathyisvip said:

it's not Christmas here in the US yet, but i know a lot of you guys are celebrating where you're at right now.. so

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :blush::heart:

partly wish they were filming over the holidays so our couple can be together on Christmas LOL, but i hope they got to get some rest and relax as well. and whatever they're doing, i hope they're filled with smiles like this :wub:

Those are gorgeous.

THANKS!!!

Merrrrrrryyyyyyy Christmas, Soompi friends!! I wish you all a veryyyyy Merry Christmas/holiday season!

Thank you @ireumimolla, for sharing the BTS stills. The upper left photo just shows the immense chemistry these two actors have (at least to me). Even behind the scenes, he looks at her with a tenderness that women only dream of. And um, is KBS low on funds? Do none of these filming locations have heat? Why do they all look like they're freezing their little bums off lol 

May your end of year celebrations be filled with friends, family, and joy.

May it sidestep unpleasant plot twists and overflow with unnecessary shower scenes and soulful OTP kissing.

May you be the lead in a your own drama-free rom-com.

Be well and avoid greedy uncles.

2 hours ago, zeppy10 said:

But artistes are very self conscious people.. they have the fear of getting hated, slammed, unpopular.. bashed... especially Korean netizens are really harsh on their stars....  

That's why many artistes can fall into depression easily.... so they do care about how to make themselves be talked about...  be in limelight (good sense)

There  is a different between artists and stars.

Artists can be stars but they are not always.

Stars can be artists but they don't have to be.

artists can be riddled with insecurities, but not for the reasons you mentioned.

those issues seem to be related to stars. 

Been a lurker for quite a while, I know I'm probably late to the party but I enjoy reading your guy's posts! :) 

Honestly, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to watch but I'm SO happy I gave it a chance! This is my first drama of SJS. And wow he is so fineee. And swoonworthy. :heart: He does great in Rom com. I haven't watched SMA since My gf is a gumiho. She grew up so beautiful! I felt horrible before but knowing that I'm not alone, I'm shipping SJS & SMA. Lol, I can't help it. They look so good together & the chemistry is definitely undeniable!  There's so much trust, understanding and strength in their relationship it's refreshing. OMV is a rom com that has everything I ask for. Skinship, communication, and no noble idiocy(I hope). Many people had said there's not much of a plot, but I disagree. This is a healing drama & it focuses inner beauty. You can be breathtakingly gorgeous/handsome on the outside but be the nastiest person on the inside. Take SJ for example, she's beautiful on the outside yet on the inside she's stil bitter. She wonders why KJE still had guys flock to her even when she gained weight. It teaches you not to assume that just because the outside looks pretty doesn't mean the inside is. It's a great lesson for all of us. 

Just wanted to say in the beginning of ep 12, when YH was entering his car, he saw the reporters kind of pushed KJE around & he had this concerned look on his face. Ughh, melted my heart. And when he mouthed "are you ok?" And she gave him a heart gesture back & he winked. That moment was so adorbs. Idk, it's the subtle things that means so much. YH just acted so manly & protective. I can't really explain it. And when she was sitting on the stairs, & you see YH walking towards her to help her & tel her she looked so pretty, pretty enough to be in his dreams. *Swoon.* that scene looked like it came right of a fairytale, with the scenery & everything. Who need some Prince Charming when you have YH? This man. >>>

I pray that YH is alright after the accident. I am also for the "no amnesia" please writer, don't do this. Though, I think we won't be I have hope in writer nim. 

As for the rating, doesn't matter to me. Everyone has their own preferences I just hope the actors aren't sad bc so many people love this drama like us. And that they're all doing a great job. 

FIGHTING OMV! :blush:

Archived