Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Kwon Ohkyeong reported this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Infiltration report on Yonsama's 'Gorilla'

[sports Chosun]9/17/06 11:31

[Reporter Kim Hoyoung's Starcity In Style]

gorilla.jpg

In front of main entrance to the Dosan Park in Apgoojeong-Dong, Kangnam in Seoul is always congested with traffic. Moreover, foreign cars or highest class domestic cars are standing in a continuous row.

One of the biggest reasons for that is because of the Gorilla.

It is first and second floor health restaurant run by Yon-sama BYJ.

It is always crowded with fashionable women in Kangnam as well as Japanese woman tourists in their 30~40 of course. However, this place is uncooperative with news gathering.

They say that they cannot cooperate with news gathering in case we mention the name of BYJ.

Thus, this report could not help but infiltrate there as a customer, and stealthily took photos with mobile phone camera, and look up the menu.

The reason why they are reluctant to connect (with BYJ) like this, although it is practically BYJ's restaurant as an affiliate company of the Key East, where BYJ is the largest stock holder, is because they are cautious to be recognized simply as a Korean Current restaurant.

Their target customers are also people who eat somewhat special food in consideration of health and dieting, not the Korean Current fans from Asia such as Japan or Southeast Asia, etc.

When one enters inside of the restaurant, one can spot first a conference room for checking nutrition and health. If a customer wants it, they analyze the body status and even create menus that are appropriate to the body status.

When one is seated at a table as ushered by a waiter and read a menu, one will notice detailed explanations by each dish.

There are explanation how much calorie, what ingredients, and what beneficial effects a dish has.

The amount of food is different between man and woman, and calorie or weight is 10~20% more for man.

In case of beef steak, for example, while it is 400-gram/624-calorie for man, it is 350-gram/497-calorie for woman. The price is also (different) as while it is 30,000 won for man, it is cheaper for woman at 27,000 won.

The name attracts attention here.

They call the woman as human and man is gorilla.

They are the expressions that show Yon-sama's extraordinary consideration for women.

That is, man will change himself from human to gorilla out of the blue.

As it is a restaurant that considers health ahead of any, they insists that ingredients be the organic and the best in the nation. Also, they do not use chemical flavor enhancers at all.

In case of cream, they make it from vegetable with special treatment to avoid fat component.

The guests thinks that prices are not that expensive despite all that.

In case of fresh fruit juice, one can drink it at 9,000~10,000 won. The price is rather cheaper than neighborhood cafes. The meals are also (not expensive) as the expensive dishes are at about 30,000 won, and one can eat chicken breast dishes at under or above 20,000 won.

It will be a miscalulation if one thinks that food would not be delicious as it is a restaurant that considers health first.

As the taste is rather simple so that they are like a western meal that is further more fit to taste of Korean people.

Chicken breast dishes are generally tough and tasteless. However, the chicken breast that came out after going through chef at the Gorilla, has tender meat quality and full of delicious taste. One might say that they completely reverse the stereotyped idea that the chicken breasts are not tasteful.

They say that Yon-sama eats food cooked here by air delivery at about once meal a day even when he stays in Jeju Island for shooting 'TWSSG' nowadays.

That is, he has favorable attachment to (Gorilla's) food to that extent and also, (BYJ) probably influences with silent pressure(?) to them to continuously serve customers good quality food.

My preconception that (Gorilla in the Kitchen) would be untasteful and unreasonably expensive restaurant taking advantage of the title of Yon-sama, was crushingly destroyed as I got out of the Gorilla.

Yon-sama BYJ, who shed tears at the unfortunate event that happened to Japanese fans in 2004, BYJ who even thinks of his fans' health was King Kong, the King at the Gorilla after all.

Reported by Kim Hoyoung, allstar

Copyrights ⓒ Sports Chosun

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?nam...18/69r77104.htm

Sweet Smiling Yong Joon

posted by yuka in Quilt

I remember where these photos where taken. They're from Tetsuko's room in 2005. A very beautiful interview by Mdm Tetsuko with Yong Joon. During this interview the camera is always panning at yong joon's face to our delight.

a010021735090914t1ou0.jpg

Sweet Smiling Yong Joon

posted by yuka in Quilt

I remember where these photos where taken. They're from Tetsuko's room in 2005. A very beautiful interview by Mdm Tetsuko with Yong Joon. During this interview the camera is always panning at yong joon's face to our delight.

a010021735090914t1ou0.jpg

Hi Liezle...

Yes I aggree with u 100% :)

Yong Joon looked the best in this interview...the best suit, the best smile, the best hair, he looks sooooo HANDSOME in this interview :D

Thanx to truelovebyj for the files. But sadly, the jp-5.wmv can't be downloaded.

Can u help me with this link Liezle, plz ?

Thanx before.

:)

hey frances, thanks for posting the above photos. :D not much activities in baeland today. so much secrecy in the the new period drama. i wonder how long do we have to wait for some new updates?

for the meantime, while waiting, old photos and vods keep on coming out. tigger mom, style, 권오경 and the rest of korean baesisters are so kind in postings some them. honestly some of which i'm only seeing now. :blink:

a0100042_35_oldphoto2.jpg

a0100042_35_oldphoto3.jpg

Guest yufeifei

BYJ fans,

Hi! There's a poll going on in my blog and I'm inviting everyone here to cast your votes for your best leading man.

And I can bet who your vote goes to ...

Thanks in advance! Check my signature for the link.

P/S : All the other *nominees* fans will also be invited ..

hey frances, thanks for posting the above photos. :D not much activities in baeland today. so much secrecy in the the new period drama. i wonder how long do we have to wait for some new updates?

hello liezle & good morning to all :)

baeland is in its usual 'quiet' phase again.

let's hope that we'll get to read some fresh news about his trip to kyrgyz this week.

latest drawing from koshuka

posted in nippo's byj blog

koshukald9.jpg

BYJ fans,

Hi! There's a poll going on in my blog and I'm inviting everyone here to cast your votes for your best leading man.

And I can bet who your vote goes to ...

Thanks in advance! Check my signature for the link.

P/S : All the other *nominees* fans will also be invited ..

Hi yufeifei, thanks for sharing your blog here. I already voted, who else but the man of my life, BYJ.

The Real Bae Yong Joon Seen Through the Staffs of “April Snow”

translation from japanese to english by flowerbossa

posted in byj's quilt

This article is from the Japanese magazine “We Love Korean Dramas!”

Mr. I.H. who was the director of the making of “A.S.” DVD ( and others) reveal the REAL B.Y.J. they saw while working with him for four months.

real20byj2010001tp0.jpg

[No.1 – The BYJ They Saw Everyday]

☆ What was B.Y.J. usually like during the shooting of A.S.?

B.Y.J. always came to the site an hour early. From the moment he arrived, he would say hello to us in a good humored manner. Then, after changing into his costume and briefly putting on his make up, he would sit next to Director Hur and start to discuss the scene for the day.

The talks usually lasted for an hour, and sometimes it could go on for as long as 3 to 4 hours – the two would exchange ideas on the emotions Insu experiences that day, along with the means of expressing that emotion. In this way, the shooting would begin by harmonizing their views.

After they go through this dialogue and by the time the camera starts rolling, BYJ had already transformed into Insu. He concentrated on the character, and at times, he seemed to be agonizing on his acting. That is the BYJ we always saw on the site.

[No.2 – Mood Maker]

☆ What impressed you the most in terms of BYJ’s character?

Because he is such a big star all over Asia, I first felt a distance between him, and found it hard to approach him. But since BYJ likes photography, it was he who came to us first. The photography team, the direction team, and a lot of other staffs all became a photogenic subject for him, and through that process, he and the staffs became close. Maybe, BYJ was using photography as a means of approaching us.

He was exceptionally supportive of the younger staffs who were tired from the overnight shootings, and acted like a big brother to them. He was always cheerful on the set, and brightened up the atmosphere. Those humane qualities left a deep impression in me.

The long shootings that took all night must have been very hard on him too, but he would never avoid his fans that came to see him on the set, and tried to greet them if only briefly.

[No.3 – When BYJ was in a Good Mood]

☆ When was BYJ in a good mood?

In order to keep himself in top shape, BYJ was constantly exercising, and he took very good care of his physical condition. The efforts paid off, and we always saw him in an energetic state.

However, when I look back on the times that he was in the best of his moods, it was of course the times when he was satisfied with his own acting. The scene that he sings in the car and the scene in which he cries while drinking with his younger colleague are among the ones he seemed to feel satisfied with. Also, on the day we shot the scene he went on a date with Son Ye Jin to the cave, he claimed that he was able to act in a better way than what was expressed in the scenario, and seemed pleased with himself.

Also, he seemed most moved when he met with fans who truly loved him. When he met the fans who waited for him in the cold for several hours in the back section of the shooting locations, he expressed his deepest appreciation. When he received gifts that showed their affection for him, such as Korean ginseng juice, BYJ looked truly happy.

wow, the korean media is lurking again in BYJ's korean official board (KOB) :w00t:

anyways, whatever is the outcome of this poll, what's important here is that the BYJ fans from all over

showed their unity when its needed :D

This is from Sports Chosun(Entertainment-TV/Entertainment)

translation from korean to english by Joanne of Quilt

[starcity In Enterpol] BYJ's fanclub's latent power..Great reversal to the first place

[sports Chosun]9/19/06 12:42

69t77108.jpg

Dear BYJ fans, please rise to action.

BYJ's fans in the world began to move.

What it is that (BYJ's) fans in the world are coming forward to vote one after another. as BYJ could not escape tough fight in a poll done by the Sports Chosun on its homepage,

BYJ had dashed into the first place on the first night in votes (for a poll) that has been going on since past 17 with the theme, "Which star will make women's heart the saddest when he acts with shedding tears?".

Although BYJ stayed in the low range ranking in early stage of the poll, he instantly rose up in the first place as a writing was posted on his homepage encouraging participation in voting on that night.

However, BYJ was caught up (literally-grabbed by the back of his neck) by Song Seungheon, and then pushed down to third-place range as Chung Jihoon (Bi) spurted in the night on 19.

On that, a fan named Suehan posted on BYJ's official homepage an english-language writing encouraging to vote at around 10AM on 19 and it happened that several thousands swarmed all at once.

BYJ, having shown voting rate at 20th%, displayed latent power by recapturing the first place instantly showing instantly voting rate at 30th% among over 60,000 respondents.

It was the moment one realized mighty power of BYJ, who is the worldly star as well as (star) in Japan of course.

Following is the current status of voting as of 1PM on 19.

Total number of people who voted: 65587

1. Kang Dongwon (337)-0.5%

2. Bae Yongjoon (21214)-32.3%

3. Chung Jihoon (14897)-22.7%

4. Song Seungheon (20220)-30.8%

5. Moon Jeonghyeok (224)-0.3%

6. Won BIn (690)-1.1%

7. Lee Byeongheon (6935)-10.6%

8. Jang Donggeon (1071)-1.6%

[ omitted the portion on suehan's post in kob]

Reported by Kim Hoyoung, allstar@

Copyright © Sports Chosun

for those planning to visit baeland, here are some info on the popular Gorilla in the Kitchen restaurant ~

from tour2korea.com

[Dosan Park] GORILLA IN THE KITCHEN

cafe_03.jpg

Gangnam’s Donsan Daero is the new hip place to be, leading today’s trends, along with top designer boutiques such as Hermes, and other leading Korean fashion boutiques. Along with all the leading fashion designers opening shops, trendy restaurants are also opening their doors, and among those restaurants, Gorilla in the Kitchen is the most popular hip restaurant to dine in.

Gorilla in the Kitchen is the first local restaurant to make the concept of health food its main menu, showing the public that healthy food can be delicious. It is also famous because the main investor of Gorilla in the Kitchen is the famous actor Bae Yong Jun. The restaurant became famous even before it became known as the ‘Yonsama’ restaurant.

Gorilla in the Kitchen does not serve any fried foods, nor does not use butter or cream in any of its ingredients, and is also very strict about how much salt is used in its foods. Therefore, the food may taste a bit bland. Next to the menu and counter on the first floor on the wall is a display of the calories and ingredients for each dish. If you want to have a firm muscular figure like Bae Yong Jun, or just want a light healthy meal, Gorilla in the Kitchen is the ideal place to dine at.

cafe_09.jpg

-Transportation: Take Subway Line No.3 to Sinsa Station and go out of Exit No.1 or Apgujeong Station from Exit No.2 → Take a taxi to Dosan Park.

-Inquiries: +82-2-3442-1688

-Business Hours: 11:00~24:00

-Specialty Prices: Oven Baked Italian Tomatoes (12,000 won), Grilled Chicken Breasts and Orange Salad (14,000 won), Rice Covered Tofu Salad with Sesame Dressing (12,000 won), Baked Pineapple Chicken Breasts (24,000 won)

got these photos from flickr.com posted by colleen k who recently visited korea & she dined in gorilla -

gorilla1lg1.jpg

yummty citrus chicken breast salad :P

gorilla2uq2.jpg

a clearer and bigger shot of gorilla's entrance

gorilla4ah5.jpg

a reflection of gorilla's interior