Seo Ji Hye 서지혜

anopinion

hi there, laragoround! SJH is so pretty and I've read great reviews of her performances in the past. I am looking forward to her performance in the 49 Days drama. I hope SJH and my love JHJ will have some love story line in the drama. :)

btw, I am in the process of making another poster for 49 Days. The first one I made doesn't have SJH in it because I prepared it before it was announced that she will be joining the drama. The one I am working on now will include her so I will be using one of the photos you posted in this thread. I hope that will be fine with you.

See you at the 49 Days thread!

Guest laragoround

hi there, laragoround! SJH is so pretty and I've read great reviews of her performances in the past. I am looking forward to her performance in the 49 Days drama. I hope SJH and my love JHJ will have some love story line in the drama. :)

btw, I am in the process of making another poster for 49 Days. The first one I made doesn't have SJH in it because I prepared it before it was announced that she will be joining the drama. The one I am working on now will include her so I will be using one of the photos you posted in this thread. I hope that will be fine with you.

See you at the 49 Days thread!

Having read the brief story and characters' description, I don't think a loveline between Jo Hyun Jae and Jihye's characters is likely though.

Very nice of you to include Jihye in the new poster you are making for 49 days' thread. Go ahead and feel free to use any photo you like. Btw, you are doing a really good job with the first post of 49 days' thread, keeping it very organised and neat. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting to post in here for a long time. blush.gif I really like her after watching Over the Rainbow but was so upset that she did not end up with Fany in the end. tears.gif

Anyway, I am really happy to see the thread being revived and updated regularly. Its such a treat to see so many photoshoots of Ji Hye. :) She's just plain gorgeous and I love her new hairdo. I wasn't planning to watch 49 days since I am not into soul-switching but I will definitely give it a watch since Ji Hye will be a villain in it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest laragoround

I am thinking these are stills from 49 days?

4fvLY.jpg

N0wdh.jpg

pyRUr.jpg

star.mk

Ji Hye looked so classy and beautiful in the dress. :)

Guest laragoround

SBS Releases Official Posters for 49 Days and 3rd Teaser

We’re two weeks away from the premiere of 49 Days, and my personal goal is to finish my Sunny Happiness recaps by then so that I can get that addiction out of my system (good luck with that) in order to start squealing over this drama. SBS released a ton of official promotional materials yesterday, including posters, character stills, and yet another teaser trailer.

While nothing about 49 Days screams groundbreaking or mindblowing, I nevertheless really like what I have seen. The posters and stills are rather posed (which seems to be the trend recently), but manages to convey a sense of wonder and interest – giving off the impression that there’s more than meets the eye. It leaves me intrigued, and all the collective pretty doesn’t hurt either.

I have to say that there is something about Jo Hyun Jae that is SO different since his return from MS. It’s like being a real army soldier for two years scrubbed every last smidge of boyishness from him, and suddenly he’s all man. And I’m totally bowed over, because he gives off this melancholy and newly-intense vibe from the trailer and stills.

I have to confess to being unimpressed, and even a little put off, by what I have seen of Nam Gyu Ri so far. Her presence in the trailers seems stiff, and I can see her working at the acting. Plus she looks just like a porcelain doll!

Just my initial impressions, of course. Conversely, one tear from Seo Ji Hye and I am totally sold – woman is going to make me love her even if she’s a pinkberry from hell who steals her in-a-coma friend’s fiancée. I also know imma going to love Jung Il Woo as the rebel-esque Angel of Death, and Bae Soo Bin as the conflicted and complicated fiancée.

Finally, I’ve watched almost every Lee Yo Won drama out there, and she’s always at the mercy of her character. If the character is well-written, she shines. If her character is a weepy cipher, she can’t rise above it. I’m hoping she’s got a kick richard simmons performance in her for this role, because the heavy-duty requirement for her to play two people means that 49 Days will rise or fall on her shoulders.

source: ockoala.wordpress.com

c67XW.jpg

EJX2t.jpg

1ACX0.jpg

unuzy.jpg

IIPd2.jpg

Guest laragoround

More stills from 49 Days

TMVMh.jpg

Several more stills are out for fantasy drama 49 Days, featuring Nam Gyuri (Life Is Beautiful) as the Girl Who Has Everything who gets knocked into a coma and gets a second chance at life using Lee Yo-won’s (Queen Seon-deok) body.

Above, Nam’s character is pictured with her best friends, Bae Geu-rin (You’re Beautiful) and Seo Ji-hye (Kim Suro). While the latter is a cold city girl and has a bit of a rivalry going with Nam, Bae’s character finds herself caught between the two.

The drama also features Jo Hyun-jae (Three Dads, One Mom) as an architect from the States, and Bae Soo-bin (Dong Yi) as Nam’s U.S.-educated MBA fiancé, who pose together below while on the drama’s set.

Then there’s Jung Il-woo, who rocks a new perm and some fancy headphones (apparently it’s part of his character’s shtick, and I foresee potential trend material there) as Nam’s good-looking spiritual guide in the afterlife. Or, should I say, almost-afterlife, since she’s got 49 days to win herself back a chance at earthly living.

Thanks to the drama’s premise, Nam Gyuri has been stuck wearing one dress for the past month, and to make things worse, it’s a bridesmaid dress. Nam’s character tries on the (satin-trimmed, bowed, and caped — why choose when you can have all three?) dress meant to be worn by her bridesmaids (with the requisite matchy-matchy pink pumps), which is when she gets stuck in her coma. *Shudder* Bad luck, or karmic retribution?

(Say what you will, brides, but the bridesmaid dress will never be comfortable and, despite your best intentions, will totally not be worn again, like for regular parties and stuff. What, do I sound bitter? I’m not. I’m sure that floor-length pink silk gown with ruched sides totally made some girl a nice prom dress.)

49 Days premieres on March 13, following Sign.

source: dramabeans

Even more stills from 49 Days

So we’ve had a couple sets of stills from 49 Days already, and now we’ve got a few more sets of shots from the upcoming drama.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but I have to admit that a lot of my drama expectations for the immediate future are riding on this one, since there aren’t any other shows coming along that pique my interest right now. PLEASE DON’T FAIL ME, 49 DAYS.

The first quartet of images below give us our main character (Nam Gyuri) back in her school days with her besties, Seo Ji-hye and Bae Geu-rin, who maintain their friendship into adulthood. It appears Nam Gyuri’s the leader, with Seo a solid No. 2 who later turns into rival, and Bae the one in between.

o1yJ2.jpgZjExR.jpg

O2hdM.jpgoJiWm.jpg

Then we zip forward to the present day, where Nam is a happy bride-to-be, here at her engagement party to her honey, the smart, successful, and hot Bae Soo-bin, on the fast-track to a life of wedded bliss…

…if only for the car accident a week before her wedding that knocks her into a coma. A detail that has me curious is Jung Il-woo‘s offer to her, as her trendy Reaper, to give her a second chance at life if she can “earn the tears” of three people unrelated to her. Does this mean she’s a bad person, or just incredibly shallow, or was she actually unhappy but didn’t know it? Or maybe she’s a nice person surrounded by people who never loved her? In any case, she’s got 49 days to earn her life back, in the body of Lee Yo-won…

Guest laragoround

Could there BE any more stills from 49 Days?

(I just love the above shot. I love the placement, the curious look from Jung Il-woo to the soul-in-limbo, Nam Gyuri, and that’s just the plain image from the photo shoot. A finalized, photoshopped promo image ought to be mesmerizing.)

There have been a whooooole slew of stills from 49 Days, such as yesterday’s batch, and I hope this overexposure doesn’t turn potential viewers off before the drama even airs, in the way that I recall growing tired of the constant promo stream from other dramas in the past. But I’m so intrigued by this cast and premise that I’m just eating it up. (More, moar, MOAR!)

Below, we’ve got the entire (very, very pretty) main cast together, who are, from left to right in the first shot: Lee Yo-won as the hijacked body, Seo Ji-hye as a potentially villainous frenemy, Bae Soo-bin as the smart businessman fiancé, Jung Il-woo as a Reaper offering afterlife guidance, Nam Gyuri as the body-hijacking soul, and Jo Hyun-jae as an architect from the U.S.

kelqe.jpg

3AKUY.jpg

These promo/character stills also give us a better clue into the pairings in the drama. And while we can hardly draw conclusions from mere promotional images, the stories suggested in them offer pretty good clues as to how things will unfold. For example, Jo Hyun-jae has top billing among the men and he’s paired with Lee Yo-won, so we can bet he’s the main love interest, not Bae Soo-bin, who (sigh) is again Mr. Number 2. One of these days, Bae Soo-bin, one of these days… (Just not one of these 49.)

Ha, I’d wondered what turns Seo Ji-hye from friend to rival, and I shoulda guessed it was a man. Isn’t it always the way? Again I’m drawing inferences here, but it’s pretty clear the ex-BFF moves in on her friend’s man pretty quickly after she’s out of the picture. And not in a nice, respectful, decent way: We know from all that black eyeliner. With that much kohl in play, we’ve got proof enough of her perfidy. It’s like a rule, isn’t it? (Plus, there’s those shifty side-eyes she’s making.)

O24KX.jpgzNeBY.jpg

Bof0V.jpgLAsTt.jpg

Jo Hyun-jae’s still the biggest question mark for me, because we know the least about his character. It’s nice to see him back from army duty (despite the fact that he’s dropped an almost alarming amount of weight, no?), but I confess to wondering about the chemistry between him and Lee Yo-won, which I worry may be on the low end…

Why, hello there, Hot Reaper Boy. You spare lives AND you play the guitar? Swoon. Finally those curious headphones you’re always wearing make some sort of sense…sorta. But whatever, do I care? It’s Iljimae Jung Il-woo!

My interest in 49 days increases after seeing the images with Ji Hye and Bae Soo Bin together. They make a nice couple. :lol:

Guest laragoround

Cast of 49 Days Holds its Press Conference

9P9pN.jpg

The pretty (oh my god so pretty) cast of the upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs drama 49 Days held its press conference yesterday in preparation for its premiere next week. I’ve posted enough about the drama so I have nothing more to add substantively about the story, but fashion and chemistry-wise this press conference was a win and added to my interest in watching this drama.

Tx80X.jpg

First off, the ladies totally PWNED the gentlemen on the glamour front. Lee Yo Won, Seo Ji Hye , and Nam Gyu Ri were all stunning. I was particularly blown away by both Lee Yo Won and Seo Ji Hye’s ensembles, the former channeling whimsical softness and the latter a ravishing vision in red. All three of them were also battling it out for the shortest skirt of the year award, and Nam Gyu Ri wins that hands down.

The men all get a blegh from me – while no one looks horrific, nothing stands out as memorable or particularly dashing. Bae Soo Bin’s mish-mash of elements into one outfit probably looks the worst, but I really wish Jo Hyun Jae got the dress up, not down, memo and swapped his jeans for a pair of trousers. And I have a serious urge to brush Jung Il Woo‘s hair.

Qo6n2.jpg

RvfTW.jpg

[Credit: all pictures of the respective agencies as identified]

Guest laragoround

Full 10 Minute Trailer for 49 Days

It’s weird how my excitement for upcoming SBS drama 49 Days has dropped considerably the closer its gets to its premiere date next Wednesday. Don’t get me wrong, my interest is not being lowered by what I’ve seen of the trailers or stills, but more likely fatigue from the promotional deluge.

The production released a full 10-minute trailer for the drama, and it continues to give off a slighty melancholy and moody vibe. Not really whimsical like a fairy tale, but more atmospheric like a Grimm’s tale.

10 minute trailer for 49 Days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGcKbpG0d-g&feature=player_embedded

My first impressions – Lee Yo Won goes through both depressed and chirpy depending on whether she’s in her possessed state, and I like what I see (so far); Jung Il Woo might just steal the show, I love his line delivery and cool aura; Bae Soo Bin and Seo Ji Hye are great from what little I see; Jo Hyun Jae is definitely the male lead, and he has more screen presence since his pre-MS days, but his character is a cipher so far so I’m looking forward to seeing more of him; and Nam Gyu Ri seems so placid and doll-like I’m having trouble taking her seriously.

Guest laragoround

Official posters for 49 Days

by javabeans

wr3L6.jpg

With only one more day before 49 Days premieres, here are the official posters for the fantasy drama, which is pretty enough, despite making it look like our boys are sprouting from the ladies’ heads, Athena-style.

I do like the water motif, which alludes to the drama’s premise wherein Nam Gyuri must “earn the tears” of three people in order to return to the land of the living, as stated by her hottie reaper boy, Jung Il-woo. The second poster, which features Lee Yo-won (the body that the main character inhabits as she tries to earn her way back), employs more overt teardrop imagery. Both posters feature the tagline, “Do you have three people who truly love you?”

That’s pretty sad, actually, to realize that it’ll be a daunting task to find three people who love you. At least, daunting enough to carry 16 episodes of will-she-or-won’t-she suspense. And if she doesn’t find those three people, will she get eternity with Jung Il-woo instead? I’m sure living would be preferable, but as far as consolation prizes go, it could be worse…

I’m really hoping 49 Days sparks my interest, if only because I’m in something of a drama dry spell at the moment. There are a bunch of new series available for watching (Midas, Royal Family, Thorn Birds, Crime Squad, The Duo…), but none have held my attention for longer than an episode. I’ve tried, but nothing’s sticking. And while I’ve long ago learned not to pin hopes based on cast, this one’s hitting the right buttons for me, with Seo Ji-hye, Jo Hyun-jae, and Bae Soo-bin joining the above-named leads.

Well, if it doesn’t work out, maybe it’s a hint to turn my attention to something older that I’ve been meaning to catch up on…

49 Days premieres tomorrow, March 16, on SBS in the post-Sign timeslot.

Guest laragoround

49 Days Stills

LvMP8.jpg

nqfnB.jpg

CZJup.jpg

yLQok.jpg

as labelled

Can't wait to watch episode 1 and 2 of 49 Days. :D Even though Jihye is playing supporting lead, I hope her screentime will not be too little.