Seo Ji Hye 서지혜

anopinion

does anyone have any recent news about SJH? she just finished chunja's happy events over at mbc and am looking forward to her next project. i have liked her since i saw her in over the rainbow. she's not annoyingly saccharine nor pretentious. heaven knows we've got more than enough of those around. :D do sound off anything if something interesting comes up. thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now watching her old drama "She is back" on KBS. She played doctor Juha, who was dumped by her boy friend though they 're engaged. I hate this kind of love, so I hate the character of Kim Nam Jin. He 's so selfish . How could he break with her after 10 years together? I pity Jura. Ji Hye 's so beautiful here. Her lips and her eyes ' re very pretty. Are they natural ? Nevertheless, I love her.

Guest arinkorin

^

yeah, I know. I'm watching that drama too.

and I don't blame Juha if she turns out to be bad later on.

How could a guy be so selfish. You gave her so much hope at first, and now you're leaving her.

I hate the love story, actually. I'm watching it just for the sake of Seo Ji Hye. hahaha.

I pity the 2nd lead of the drama, Juha and Namjin's dad. They have such a sad love story.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest xoxogirl
does anyone have any recent news about SJH? she just finished chunja's happy events over at mbc and am looking forward to her next project. i have liked her since i saw her in over the rainbow. she's not annoyingly saccharine nor pretentious. heaven knows we've got more than enough of those around. :D do sound off anything if something interesting comes up. thanks!

Seo Ji Hye is filming a movie called TREE THAT SLEEPS STANDING with Song Chang Eui. She plays a innocent, simple wife of Song Chang Eui. I can't wait for this movie. I really love her in Chunjas happy events. I thinks she's a great actress.She's underrated actress in korea. Many popular korean actress is just pretty but no talent in acting. They are only famous because of their beauty. But Seo Ji Hye is beautiful and a great actress..

• 4 months later...
Guest Livelaughlove911

I just saw this article at Dramabeans.com

When I read that Seo Ji-hye had been cast in the upcoming golf drama Buddy Buddy, my interest was piqued. Then, a short while later, I read that her co-star would be Lee Yong-woo (so pretty, SO wooden), and I was bummed. He was barely passable in Style where his look fit the image, but as a lead actor? Oy.

On the other hand, Buddy Buddy has a few things going for it. Based on a manhwa called Buddy, this Group Eight production will be directed by Yoon Sang-ho, who directed Tamra the Island and Legend. And 25-year-old Seo Ji-hye has been quietly building up her resume with some solid performances (Shin Don, I Love You) and is due for her breakout.

Seo Ji-hye plays an heir to a world-famous golf resort who is also a talented elite golfer, having acquired her textbook-perfect technique in the best environment. Lee Yong-woo plays “John Lee,” who was orphaned and adopted as a child. He has won a PGA championship, but abruptly quits the pro life and becomes a golf course trainer. He also practices the Brazilian martial art of capoeira. According to a production source, Lee was cast because he fits the image from the original manhwa with his vaguely Western/foreign looks; he also has dance experience, which is an important element of capoeira. (But what about that acting element?) Last but not least, pop star UEE has been cast as a third golfer, who grew up poor but pursued her dream despite the hardships.

This drama has been the works for a while and was initially reported to be part of the 2009 resurgence of the sports kdrama, but is now aiming for an airdate in the first half of this year. However, with all the recent sports drama attempts falling flat (Triple, Dream, Heading to the Ground), I’ll be approaching with caution.

Via Mk.co.kr, Star News

I'm so excited! Seo Ji Hye's making a comeback! I missed her T_T

I'm a little wary of this drama though.....because the main guy isn't a very good actor (from what I saw when he was in Style) and it's a sports drama....which means it might flop? And it's golf...which is really difficult to play...let alone "fake" which I would be really disappointed with...ahh.......I have mixed feelings. But I will watch this just for Seo Ji Hye.

-Edit-

Okay so apparently she's dropped the production. Oh well. Hopefully she picks another project soon.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest laragoround

hi, i have been a fan of Seo Ji Hye after watching Over the Rainbow. I went on to watch Hyung Dan, I Love You for her. I am watching Kim Soo Ro now, with a few episodes left to the end. :) She's so beautiful, elegant, graceful in Kim Soo Ro; can't find anyone more suited than her for playing a queen. :wub:

Some photos of her in the drama:

kH1Kr.jpg

7bQZD.jpg

pB9Mv.jpg

W6CgG.jpg

FmSCu.jpg

as labelled; naver

Guest laragoround

With fans during KSR's filming

m4Bnc.jpg

credit as labelled

Photos from KSR's Press Conference earlier this year

yMJ3E.jpg

QKrCJ.jpg

QGmPt.jpg

credit as labelled

Love her style for events; beautiful and elegant.

Guest laragoround

Standing Sleeping Tree

Tctkf.jpg

Trailer here: http://www.hancinema.net/trailer-released-for-the-upcoming-korean-movie-standing-sleeping-tree-26191.html

Directed by Song In-seon

With Song Chang-ee, Seo Ji-hye, Yeo Hyeon-soo, Joo Ah-min, Joo Hye-rin, Ban Seong-geol,...

Synopsis

There is a man who you want to protect.

There is a brave firefighter Goo-sang, wife Soon-yeong, who loves Goo-sang so much, their daughter Seul-gi, and Seok-woo, who Goo-sang trusts like a blood brother. Goo-sang and Seok-woo have their own secrets. Goo-sang has incurable disease and Seok-woo loves Goo-sang's wife. Goo-sang, who noticed Seok-woo's love toward Soon-yeong, tells Seok-woo that if he dies during the surgery, please take care of Goo-sang's family.

After Goo-sang's shocking confession, unexpectedly huge fire broke out on the birthday of Seul-gi. Goo-sang and Seok-woo run toward the fire to extinguish it…

Release date in Korea : 2010/12/09

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor... ( English Korean )

Screencaps from Standing Sleeping Tree's Trailer

fq5VR.jpg

credit: Newsen

The movie seems pretty good from the trailer released. Ji Hye is looking lovely as usual especially in the scene of her at the beach. Hope it does well in box office when it officially premieres in cinemas next week. :)

Guest laragoround

Press Conference of Sleeping Standing Tree

yrVro.jpg

qe5iE.jpg

DFOHR.jpg

Hxrsk.jpg

dNyTp.jpg

ZuzHB.jpg

PP121.jpg

RYBKL.jpg

CJlYB.jpg

credits as labelled

Ji Hye is looking beautiful with her new bangs. :) The three of them looked like a real family, heehe.

Guest laragoround

Forget to post this previously... :sweatingbullets:

Seo Ji-hye joins movie Life Is Beautiful

They’re really on a casting spree for Life Is Beautiful, aren’t they? Just a few days ago, it was announced that Im Joo-hwan would be joining Ryu Seung-beom and Younha in the film, and now Seo Ji-hye is also onboard to play Ryu’s love interest.

This human-drama-with-a-comic-touch features an insurance company employee (Ryu) who processes accident claims, and comes into contact with a diverse cast of characters while on the job. No doubt that’s how he encounters a Tourette’s sufferer (Im Joo-hwan) and aspiring singer (Younha), in addition to characters played by comic actors Sung Dong-il (Runaway Plan B ) and Park Chul-min (Return of Iljimae). Seo Ji-hye’s character is Ryu’s ex, who then comes back to him.

This is great news for a project I’m already interested in, since I like all the cast members involved. Seo Ji-hye is a talented but (imo) underrated actress, and has a sweet, natural screen presence. Some of her past credits include sageuk Shin Don, sweet romance drama I Love You, and most recently, this year’s sageuk drama Kim Suro. (I breathed a sigh of relief when she dropped Birdie Buddy, which seemed like an awful waste of her skills.) She has a film slated for a December release which she’d shot last year, Tree That Sleeps Standing, which co-stars Song Chang-eui.

Life Is Beautiful will begin filming this Friday and is shooting for an early 2011 release.

Via OSEN

credit: dramabeans

Strong cast but I don't know about Younha since I have not seen her act yet. Ji Hye is such a hard worker to follow up with a drama special and movie after filming KSR. Its good though since she's underutilised in KSR. :(

Guest laragoround

Stills from Standing Sleeping Tree

QGNrR.jpg

5p8TG.jpg

sKs0p.jpg

uPME4.jpg

Zo54Z.jpg

fUeUn.jpg

credit: hancinema

Media Screening of Standing Sleeping Tree

NRaIj.jpg

pmr4Y.jpg

h1Gzc.jpg

3AqJ7.jpg

credits as labelled

^Jihye is looking beautiful as usual, though I can't say the same for her choice of dress. blush.gif

Guest laragoround

Love Jihye's interactions With her young co-star. :wub: She's so sweet and attentive, you can tell how much she likes her screen daughter.

FUMmS.jpg

jW056.jpg

YwY1b.jpg

IXlI4.jpg

s4k5V.jpg

Guest laragoround

Golden Disc Awards

5XXVh.jpg

jstQt.jpg

DLsBq.jpg

jH68w.jpg

Beautiful Jihye with her hair curled and half tied up. :D Notice how her hair is always curled recently.

It must be tiring for her to do movie promotions, attend awards ceremonies and film her new movie at the same time. But if she didn't attend any events, hard to find new photos of her online...