[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚

sugarplum892

I am watching this drama too but due to CNY, it stopped broadcasting for 7 Feb...  The child actors and actress are really good.  This story is by the same author who wrote "千山暮雪“ (Sealed with a kiss).  I have enjoyed this 千山暮雪 thoroughly due to the tough acting.  The ending was not ideal and they had a sequel to it.   I am ok if this drama is not a perfect fairy tale ending but an ending like 千山暮雪 without anyone dying is still acceptable to me...

Until now...we have not reached the extreme painful love between the emperor and linglang (aka lianger) yet...I am wondering when that would appear....is it when she recovered her old memories and realised that the emperor killed her family of over 100 people?  This is a very tough call for both the emperor and linglang.  By right, the emperor has to execute her if he knows who she really is.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started to watch this drama and so far I love it.  It is only fully subbed up to episode 8.  I hope I don't have to watch for months to see the completed drama.  

@lovehbjw2013  I am anxiously awaiting the moment when she finds out that the emperor had her family killed also. Will she hate him, or will she remember his kindness towards her.  However, since he is the emperor, he does not have to have her killed, furthermore, she helped to save his life. This drama should be very interesting.  Chinese dramas are starting to step it up and I am loving it. 

@lovehbhjw2013

It's good to see you again on another thread :) I hope you're enjoying this drama as much as I am. The story is quite heartbreaking isn't it? Wahhh I feel really sorry :blink: for the king because he really loves her so much. But all the characters in this story are all tangled in this crazy tragic web. Hopefully things will get better for them.By the way just wanted to say Happy New Yr  to you.<3.

@Carmarie

I'm glad you like this drama I hope you will watch it till the end don't give up on this drama. This drama is moving in a good direction so far and the amazing  team (Gone with the Shirt Team) that is subbing this drama are really fast subbers and I haven't seen any dramas of that team that they haven't completed subbing. Hopefully you will like this entire drama experience. :)

On 2/14/2016 at 5:20 PM, ktn1122 said:

Seems like the reviews for this drama has been good.  Can't wait for more episodes to be subbed before I start this one.  :)

I marathoned 9 episodes last night. Not bad! I've been bored with the latest historical dramas lately and this one is alright. Revenge is a bit weak but it keeps me going forward.

@Carmarie I am at latest episode 28 .... things looking complicated.....

Spoiler

She got back all her memories!!!!!!  The emperor is going to make her a concubine when they return to the palace but she regained all memories.....  this is where the torment starts all over again.  Looks like the emperor makes ones step forward and experiences 5 steps backwards..... So pitiful.....

@BaiZiHua hello chingu..good to see you here too and happy new year too!!!!! :)

The drama is going through a wavy frequency with a lot of ups and downs....I supposed all love stories need through go thru the fire of "baptism" to be stated as truly a loving couple. Poor emperor but it is nice to watch Hawick's facial expression...good acting.

hope to see you soon discussing this... Total 37 episodes I think.   I am also watching the Imperial doctoress.

1 hour ago, Akmuse79 said:

This is my new crack drama and I had to write a post to get more people hooked on it.  Can't wait for more subs. 

7 Reasons to watch Chronicle of Life

https://dramaswithasideofkimchi.wordpress.com/2016/02/18/7-reasons-to-check-out-my-new-crack-drama-chronicle-of-life/

Since Bromance is about to be finished, I started this one... like you, I got hooked! However, I am afraid that Liang Er might "hate" the Emperor after recovering her memory!

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since Bromance is about to be finished, I started this one... like you, I got hooked! However, I am afraid that Liang Er might "hate" the Emperor after recovering her memory!

Since she is regaining her memory so early I have hope that she gets past it sooner than later.  Not to mention she would have to figure out that RR's father was also involved in her family's death.  She obviously just has bad fate.

@lovehbhjw2013

Hi chingu :wub: So happy to hear from you.I just got done watching ep 30. Its so painful to watch all these kind people hurt one another. I feel bad for everyone in this mess. Im still rooting for the king and his Ling Lang.

I think this drama will have 45 eps.

Update  (2-23-16) it says this drama ends with 45 eps on the first page of this thread so I stated in this post it's 45 eps.  Personally I thinks its 37 eps but I really don't know the exact number of eps for this drama sorry about the confusion.

9 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

@lovehbhjw2013

Hi chingu :wub: So happy to hear from you.I just got done watching ep 30. Its so painful to watch all these kind people hurt one another. I feel bad for everyone in this mess. Im still rooting for the king and his li liang.

I think this drama will have 45 eps.

@BaiZiHua  chingu, yes indeed painful to watch but Ep 31 and 32 saw some good changes...  However...more trouble is brewing...think Hua Zhu is going to be the next potential villain..... *sigh*

@  lovehbhjw2013

Hello love, just saw ep 31 I have to say though my annoyance level is super high for Zhang Zhixi's character. She is such a horrible person to have as a friend I wanted to poke her in the eye when she lied and drew the little tiger on her hand then said the king drew it for her. What kind of heartless friend would steal her friend's husband ...... sighs :blink:. So far Hawick, Zheng Shuang and Xiao De Zi characters are my favs. I really really love love Xiao De Zi :wub::wub: he is so kind and thoughtful. I actually have happiness when I see him he really helps lighten the mood in almost all his scenes. Hopefully next week the drama will become even better cant wait till then. Have a nice weekend hugs. :)

I think ZS shouldn't have been the main actress... she has no expressions literally and is bad at portraying the character--Liang Er/aka LIng Lang..  

I don't think it's her character but rather the acting that ruined the drama. I lost interest after ep 18.. 45 episodes is quite a lot to deal with.

On 2/20/2016 at 6:26 PM, BaiZiHua said:

@  lovehbhjw2013

Hello love, just saw ep 31 I have to say though my annoyance level is super high for Zhang Zhixi's character. She is such a horrible person to have as a friend I wanted to poke her in the eye when she lied and drew the little tiger on her hand then said the king drew it for her. What kind of heartless friend would steal her friend's husband ...... sighs :blink:. So far Hawick, Zheng Shuang and Xiao De Zi characters are my favs. I really really love love Xiao De Zi :wub::wub: he is so kind and thoughtful. I actually have happiness when I see him he really helps lighten the mood in almost all his scenes. Hopefully next week the drama will become even better cant wait till then. Have a nice weekend hugs. :)

Hello BZH, I just saw ep 34 and shockingly...

Spoiler

Hua Zhu died!!  She was poisoned by a poisonous comb by accident because of LL's brother....

I agree Xiao De Zi is a kind and thoughtful person to serve the emperor.  The air of evil is unbearable without characters like his.

7 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I think ZS shouldn't have been the main actress... she has no expressions literally and is bad at portraying the character--Liang Er/aka LIng Lang..  

I don't think it's her character but rather the acting that ruined the drama. I lost interest after ep 18.. 45 episodes is quite a lot to deal with.

I don't why but I find ZS' face extremely sad in this drama....  She seems to be sad throughout the drama...even her happiness is not strong happiness...  I also find her very stiff and straight eye lashes turning upwards kinda irritating to look at.  Hua Zhu is definitely prettier than her.   In the cage love drama.....the same eye lashes but not so moody until weighing so down so heavily.... when looking at her.

Archived