[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚

sugarplum892

photo Cnews26 20.jpg

cr avirtualvoyage

Details:

Title: 寂寞空庭春欲晚Jìmò kōng tíng chūn yù wǎn
English title: Chronicle of Life
Genre: Fiction, Love, Period
Director: Wú Jǐnyuán (Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传The Cage of Love 抓住彩虹的男人, Bu Bu Jing Qing)
Episodes: 37
Broadcast Date: February 1, 2016 - February 23, 2016

Cast:

Hawick Lau

Zheng Shuang

Zhang Binbin

Michelle Yim

Zhang Zhixi

Zhang Xiaochen

Wang Ruoxin

Cheng Yanqiu

Synopsis:

A beautiful melody, played by a young maiden, catches the attention of Na Lan Rang Ruo, as he recognizes performer to be his cousin, Wei Lin Lang.  Seeing his loyal subject's affection, emperor Kang Xi orders Lin Lang to be found and bethrothed to Rong Ruo.  But prince Fu Quan, who was tasked to do it, notices the emperor also seems to have taken interest in her, and decides to pick another bride, while letting Lin Lang enter the palace and serve Kang Xi.

Watch it here with English subtitles!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Raw Preview:

Hawick Lau - Spring Festival

Xiang Xiang - Signs of A Love Too Late

Additional Links:

Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚 Raw Episodes

Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚 Weibo Page

Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚 Official Website

Hawick Lau Official Soompi Thread

Zhang Bin Bin Official Soompi Thread

The Cage of Love 抓住彩虹的男人 Official Drama Thread

Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心 Official Drama Thread

Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传 Official Drama Thread

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Hawick Lau is everywhere at the moment. He has so many series out during this 2015/2016 period. I don't mind watching him, but hope that he can act in a variety of roles. 

I've heard of this story, apparently the novel received fantastic reviews. Can't wait to watch this! 

Guest severus

I feel like Hawick Lau is everywhere at the moment. He has so many series out during this 2015/2016 period. I don't mind watching him, but hope that he can act in a variety of roles. 

I've heard of this story, apparently the novel received fantastic reviews. Can't wait to watch this! 

I think the Chinese are calling it Season of Hawick (刘凯威的季节) lol. But I'm not complaining because he's hot as fck. 

I've read the novel, but it's very much your typical Qing dynasty romance... 

Story spoiler:

The ending SUCKS.  If you've watched 佳期如梦 which was a drama adapted from the same author years ago, then you know how torturous this ending is going to be. 

I think the Chinese are calling it Season of Hawick (刘凯威的季节) lol. But I'm not complaining because he's hot as fck. 

Story spoiler:

Hidden Content

'Season of Hawick' well said lol! 

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooo....nice photos. The costumes complement the characters well. I do hope they do a good job with costumes for the rest of the crew and also filming. It makes such a difference. Can't wait for the trailer and the airing of this drama. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Story spoiler:

Hidden Content

'Season of Hawick' well said lol! 

good thing Tiffany Tang isn't casted as main actress! Must be a tangy season for her as well! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the child actors - good acting and so adorable.

Brother of Ling Lang is very handsome! 

Dark blue/black robes on the Kangxi and Rong Ruo are very flattering but the bright lipstick on Rong Ruo is very distracting.

Triangle love affairs never end well - prepare your tissues!

Archived