Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

Guest phichul

what are they talking about? something between joo hyuk and the bob hair's girl? :sweatingbullets: 

Edited by phichul

This maybe off topic, but I just wanna point out a conversation between Joy (Red Velvet) and SungJae (BtoB) in WGM about the drama where both SungJae and NJH were male leads :)) 

Joy was talking about she and Yeri (the maknae of RV) both watch School 2015 where SungJae were Gong Taek Gwang. 

Joy: You know the other guy in the drama?

SJ: which other guy? (he knows who Joy refer to, but pretend not to know..haha)

Joy: Your rival! 
SJ: My rival? Jeon Noh Min sunbaenim? (lol the veteran actor who were TK's dad)

Joy *burst out laughing* Nooo Nam Joo Hyuk! 

SJ: Ah ahh, Nam Joo Hyuk, what about him? 

Joy: You know, Yeri is a big fan of Nam Joo Hyuk as YiAn, but I always thought Gong Taek Gwang is much cooler 

SJ: ..really? *smiling shyly*

I don't blame Yeri to be fangirling over Joo Hyuk hahahaha. It was cute of Joy :3 and how Sungjae react when he thinks his wife on screen may fangirling NJH over himself, hehehe. 

• Like 3

Thanks for all the clips and translations!  

He was too cute talking to his dad.  :wub:    He's so good natured too.  He gets teases so much and he doesn't get mad.  

@kaqueski

Makes me think they had shipper fights in the group. lol 

• Like 3

Guest powerpuff75_stv

I think NJH should progress and do a noon-dongseng romance next.  Those always propel new actors into big time especially if the actress they were paired with are super Alist actresses.  Even if he takes 2nd lead this time.

My choice for him: Go Ara / Moon Chae Won/ Park Min Young

Whats everyone else’s view?

Edited by powerpuff75_stv

@powerpuff75_stv His romance in Surplus Princess was a Noona/Dongsaeng one. ;P But I can see where you're coming from.  The romance in 'I Hear Your Voice' is one of my personal favorites, and that is a noona one. Hmmm, my choices are Yoon Eun Hye, and Jo Boa, or someone that's more his age/acting level like Krystal, Sulli, or Suzy.

He felt quite burdened by his lead role status in School, so he probably won't accept another one anytime soon? Maybe he will stick to supporting/minor roles to help improve his acting, or he could do a web drama. I personally did not find his acting bad in School, but obviously a large portion of knetz and international fans seemed to think so. Hopefully we will get to see him again soon though, whether it's another drama or variety show.

• Like 4

Guest powerpuff75_stv

@powerpuff75_stv His romance in Surplus Princess was a Noona/Dongsaeng one. ;P But I can see where you're coming from.  The romance in 'I Hear Your Voice' is one of my personal favorites, and that is a noona one. Hmmm, my choices are Yoon Eun Hye, and Jo Boa, or someone that's more his age/acting level like Krystal, Sulli, or Suzy.

He felt quite burdened by his lead role status in School, so he probably won't accept another one anytime soon? Maybe he will stick to supporting/minor roles to help improve his acting, or he could do a web drama. I personally did not find his acting bad in School, but obviously a large portion of knetz and international fans seemed to think so. Hopefully we will get to see him again soon though, whether it's another drama or variety show.

Better not be with any idols.  I live here in Korea.  Its very anti-idols in the drama dept. Any drama that cast an idol as lead usually have UNUSUALLY low ratings.  They have bottom of pile rep when it comes to dramas.  PDs still use them to get overseas distribution sales but its a payoff cos using idols means very low advertisers pick up.  Domestic doom.

Only 1 idol crossover has been critically lauded and accepted : Park Yuchun.

The rest even Rain after Full House can't make a movie or a drama successful (Full House SHG was paid USD20,000 an ep and Rain was paid 500USD ) thats how serious the discrepancy is... for a top notch actress vs an idol crossover for drama projects.

P:s - Orange Marmalade would have much better ratings if not for the female lead.  Thats the sad reality 

I think NJH should do a weekend drama.  Those do hone the skills of actors and help them become better due to a long duration.

Edited by powerpuff75_stv

A weekend drama would be great.  They are usually full of veteran actors as well. 

And I think his acting is fine considering how new he is.  Honestly, I wish YA had some of the cuteness of his own personality (and Big, was super cute in SP)  since he's pretty adorable in real life.  The writer/pd did nothing to play to his strengths and charisma. 

Edited by melissala
  • Like 3

Guest powerpuff75_stv

A weekend drama would be great.  They are usually full of veteran actors as well. 

And I think his acting is fine considering how new he is.  Honestly, I wish YA had some of the cuteness of his own personality (and Big, was super cute in SP)  since he's pretty adorable in real life.  The writer/pd did nothing to play to his strengths and charisma. 

A lot of people were “sacrificed” to make way for more taekwang fan service scenes.  esp song joo and shijin and to a certain extent NJH as well.  Its really unfair... well I’m just glad they didn’t alter the ending just to suit those rabid fans.

@powerpuff75_stv so you live in korea? would you like to translate if any related news or article to NJH since we don't know korean here :3

I agree with you with idol-actor. I love korean idols, but I don't like if they do acting for dramas or movie. Of course many of them are good but mostly idol-actor acting are bad. I currently watching high society though this drama has a good plot and story, but honestly I can't stand to watch uee's acting lol.

The korean public tho, they are always against idol-actor and mostly when the lead is idols, they always have a low rating. so if NJH want to do a good project that would be appealing him in general public, its better to him to do with a pure actor instead of idols.

I am happy though in this project, the writer didn't make his character to shine (even get a lot of hate) but he manage to attract so many people (including me :P) . I am still thought of HYA everytime I saw NJH lol. he's doing a good job portraying HYA imo.

And after watch the videos of him (thanks @saturn. for translating) he's so adorable in real life too and make me fell for him more! :wub: He seems like a honest person, kind (though he get tease a lot but he never get mad lol), cute and a good child. Ah I miss him already :tears:

Edited by baby.hae
  • Like 2

The Hawaii special for I'm going to School was cute.  He's such a kid sometimes lol. Did he ever get to go swimming? Aww, he really wanted to go and was tricked. :tears::tears: I need to go find more episode.  I really wish there were more subs for the show. 

@powerpuff75_stv  Yep, it's unfortunate.  Even So Hyun was sacrificed  in some ways... 

Edited by melissala
  • Like 3

Guest powerpuff75_stv

@powerpuff75_stv so you live in korea? would you like to translate if any related news or article to NJH since we don't know korean here :3

I agree with you with idol-actor. I love korean idols, but I don't like if they do acting for dramas or movie. Of course many of them are good but mostly idol-actor acting are bad. I currently watching high society though this drama has a good plot and story, but honestly I can't stand to watch uee's acting lol.

The korean public tho, they are always against idol-actor and mostly when the lead is idols, they always have a low rating. so if NJH want to do a good project that would be appealing him in general public, its better to him to do with a pure actor instead of idols.

I am happy though in this project, the writer didn't make his character to shine (even get a lot of hate) but he manage to attract so many people (including me :P) . I am still thought of HYA everytime I saw NJH lol. he's doing a good job portraying HYA imo.

And after watch the videos of him (thanks @saturn. for translating) he's so adorable in real life too and make me fell for him more! :wub: He seems like a honest person, kind (though he get tease a lot but he never get mad lol), cute and a good child. Ah I miss him already :tears:

I will do my best to translate but my korean currently is at intermediate level at best. With School I probably understand about 60% of the dialogue but everything else thats not contemporary, its not that great :P

I super agree with you.  High Society has a great premise but I also cannot stand UEE so had to pass on it even though I do like Sung Joon and Park Hyung Sik.  Usually the male idols are better tolerated than the females even then first lead for male idols are a No-No for me as well with the exception of Yoochun.  

But I love watching the quality of true actors and actresses.  Kim Soo HYun was terrific in Producers and I cannot forget the acting level and chemistry that was Its Ok Its Love.

Guest powerpuff75_stv

The Hawaii special for I'm going to School was cute.  He's such a kid sometimes lol. Did he ever get to go swimming? Aww, he really wanted to go and was tricked. :tears::tears: I need to go find more episode.  I really wish there were more subs for the show. 

@powerpuff75_stv  Yep, it's unfortunate.  Even So Hyun was sacrificed  in some ways... 

I saw the subsequent ep... he didn’t quite get to swim... played in water for a bit.  Kangnam bullies him quite a lot, but he’s so good natured about it.  I think in real life he’s probably the quieter sort.  Seems that way.  

Haha it's wonderful how majority of the people here are also from the YiBi thread! It's like we all started on this journey of Nam Joo Hyuk together... and hopefully in the future when he becomes more successful and achieves his dreams we'll still be here :) 

I think that being a minority has really made me support Nam Joo Hyuk all the more because I feel that he's been so unfairly treated. Definitely feel that he will always have a special place in my heart :wub:

Anyway new update! I love his brows :)

Edited by sunblind
  • Like 7

Guest snowstorm87

It would be great to see him in a weekend drama that highlights his adorableness but also allows him to portray more complex emotions. Maybe a more blunt and mature HYA in his 20s? It would better if he’s not in a love triangle and perhaps not the main character but has his own developed arc. Lee Sung Kyung who’s also in YGKPLUS and made her acting debut last year is in Flower of the Queen. Though I haven’t seen it but I like the idea of NJH in a similar role as LSK in a weekend drama so we can just see his relationship with one girl develop. 

The Hawaii special was really great. The way NJH struggled to read the history textbook in English reminded me of HYA sending the wrong text to EB.

[Vogue Girl] All about 12 Boy Models - 27.Feb.2014

01220301000006205_1.jpg

http://www.voguegirl.co.kr/content/view_03.asp?menu_id=03060300&c_idx=012203010000062

Name: Nam Joo Hyuk. 
Birthday: 1994. Feb. 22. 
Height: 187cm. (Now his profile changed to 188)
Weight: 70kg. 
Blood: A. 
Constellation: Aquarius. 
Foot size: 270mm. 
Hobby: Movie, Searching for good songs. 
Specialty: Basketball, Bowling, FIFA game. 
Religion: None. 
Model debut: 17.Dec.2013! SONG ZIO HOMME Collection was my first stage. 
Memorable Cat Walks: 2014 S/S Dignac Show. Impressive because of it's free mood.
Memorable photo shooting: Dec/2013 Magazine <Esquire>. First time by myself. I was so happy.
Concepts you want to try later: I removed my braces. I seem to have cute image yet, but I want to try manly suit photos.
Birth place : Busan Donga-A Univ. Hospital. 
Place you grew: Young Do, Busan. 
What you order at cafe: Hot Choco.
What you do before you sleep: Push-ups for 4 minutes. (I do it often recently) 
What you do first when you wake up: Turn off the phone alarm.
Food you want to eat every day: Chicken
Food you hate: Cold noodle made of kudzu.
Country you want to visit: Hong Kong, Macau.
How many times you go to movie theater per month: 2~3 times.
What flavor of pop corn at the theater: Half cheese and half onion.
Your favorite seat in the theater: Row F(6th), column 4.
Favorite roller coaster in amusement park: T-Express! I enjoy thrill. (In Everland)
Pizza or Chicken?: Of course chicken.
Most favorite chicken?: Ne Ne Chicken, Snow wing cheese chicken is the best.
Most favorite pizza: Can't stop Pizza Hut.
If you're born again?: English person.
Color of blanket: Blue. 
First thing you do when taking shower: Brushing teeth. 
How often do you go to hair shop: My hair grow fast, I often go. Once in two weeks.
Skin care: I drink water a lot and I put on pack often too. 
Body care: To build up my body, I do fitness hard.
Amount of liquor you can drink: 3 glasses of Soju. (1 bottle=7 glasses)
IQ: 135.
Food you can cook best: Ddukbokki (rice cake+chili paste) It's really delicious.
The happiest moment: When I stood on the first stage of Seoul Fashion Week.
The saddest moment: When my puppy went out and never came back. 
Family members: Mom, Dad, I. 
Childhood dream: I liked basketball so I wanted to be a basketball player. After middle school, I dreamed of being a model.
What you want most now: Play Station 4.
If you die and are reborn: I won't die again.
Ideal type: First feeling is important. Whom I feel pleasant to and attracted to.
Your favorite entertainer: Actress Park Soojin and Yoon Seung-A. Actor Liam Neeson.
Your way of removing stress: When I play basketball, all my stress is gone.
After 10 years: I will be doing something beside model. 
Place you go often: Rodeo street in Apgoojung.
Favorite character: Woody in Toy Story.
Favorite TV show: Infinite Challenge. I like it seriously.
Favorite snack: Soft choco chip, Market-O potato chip.
Favorite drink: Nam Joo Hyuk cannot survive without Pocari Sweat.
Favorite magazine: 'Doctor Science' (Children's science magazine)
Trip you liked the most: Busan is my hometown, but every time I go there, I feel new.
Favorite book: 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne.
Favorite color: Blue, Black.
Favorite perfume: John Varvatos 'Artisan'. 
Older or younger? : Same age.
How many girlfriends you've dated: Three.
Age you want to get married : About 32 years old. 
Favorite fruits: Strawberry, Peach, Apple, Grapes.
What you hope most now: Let's not be conceited, let's be myself working hard.
Childhood nickname: Jwokie, Nam Ssang, Nam Choo. (Jwokie is what Korean fans call)
First love: 3rd year of middle school. 
First kiss: At the movie theater with girl friend. 
Treasure number 1: Computer.
Treasure number 2: Teeth braces.
Favorite item: Knit muffler.
Favorite food: Seafood soft tofu stew. 
Favorite song: All songs of Busker Busker.
Most favorite movie: Kim Rae Won's 'Sun Flower' 
Memorable gift from fan: Hot pack which was give by fans to keep me warm in winter.
Memorable fans: Web masters of fan club! 
Job you want beside model: Basketball coach for children.
Habit: I wave my body left to right when I sing.
Three things you want to bring to the desert island: An airplane, a pilot, my house.
The most memorable gift you've ever received at Valentine's day: Handmade chocolate.
I've ever even done this kind of thing on White day: I played game with friends at home.
Kakao talk profile message: 'Go'. 
Song you sing the most at karaoke: Kim Beom Soo 'I miss you'. 
Person you respect: Yoo Jae Seok. 
Role model: Park Ji Sung (football player). 
Motto: Let's not just talk but act. 
The moment that you look coolest: When I play basketball at the court.
The moment that you look most ugly: When I fell asleep at the bus, suddenly I wake up and stand up.
The place you visit often: 'Mille Feuille' in Jowondong, Suwon. (Restaurant) 
Clothes you wear when you sleep: Uniqlo Heat Tech set.
The closest friends: Model Joo Woojae hyung and Park Jang Hee.

• Like 6

Guest phichul

Eventhough he got so many critize (even hate) for his role as HYA, i'm happy that its united us as his new fans. :)  because we know the hate is not comparable to what he has done with his acting. many people blame he's so terrible But there're many too that can connect and feel what he want to portray as HYA. 

and i feel like even we're not so many but this place full of mature people ^^ (its a plus :) )

@melissala @kaqueski

wonder how RV fangirling over NJH n YSJ hahah. it would be loud. I saw a glimpse WGM part to see how NJH name mention. :D 

@powerpuff75_stv 

woahhhh!! I hope your korean skill got better day by day, so you can help us to understand NJH news or interview. :D . now, we have two korean friends here (or someone who know hangul hhe).. yeay!!

weekend drama would be good. i want to see him in mature way.. so his charisma side shown oh! rebell joo hyuk?(it will be new hha) and please not to involve him in another triangle love. i would like to see him with just one girl if any.

@sunblind

his thick eyebrow is so attractive :wub:

So,he has 3 ex-GF, (remain me when he said that he date someone in his HS days after chase the girl for almost 3 years but going out with the girl only 50 days? hahaha :D n he said he got dump by the girl haha. seems like he has a GF since middle-school then.)

motto : Let's not just talk but act. 

What you hope most now: Let's not be conceited, let's be myself working hard.

tumblr_n7kar7f9wV1tf7jn0o1_500.jpg

reading his motto n how he want to be in life, I hope even when he got more popular in future he still remain as patience (after watch him with kangnam, seems like he's not someone that got angry easily), honest,dork and hardworking joo hyuk :) fighting!

Edited by phichul

Haha it's wonderful how majority of the people here are also from the YiBi thread! It's like we all started on this journey of Nam Joo Hyuk together... and hopefully in the future when he becomes more successful and achieves his dreams we'll still be here :) 

I think that being a minority has really made me support Nam Joo Hyuk all the more because I feel that he's been so unfairly treated. Definitely feel that he will always have a special place in my heart :wub:

Anyway new update! I love his brows :)

SOMEBODY FAN ME :w00t:

I also think that going back to being a second-lead would be better for him to continue to grow, but I'm not unhappy that he ended up taking the lead role in School 2015. As far as lead roles go I think Yian was a good character to test the waters :) And he is not horrible. A lot of people are so ':rolleyes:' with their bashing. I can't stand those kinds of comments. He's still very green, but not downright horrible. 

• Like 2