• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSY keep fighting!! I hope she will be able to secure more drama, movie roles and cf's....

I wish I could see her more in the variety shows like Law of the Jungle, 2 days and 1 night, Real Men and Infinity Challenge...

I wonder if GSy will be casted as Hong Seol in Cheese in the trap...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest rainmoon

Introverted Boss lines up support staff and romantic rivals

GongSeungYeon_HeoJungMin_YehJiWon1.jpg

I’ve heard a lot of good things about rising actress Gong Seung-yeon (Master–God of Noodle, Six Flying Dragons), so I’m looking forward to seeing her in tvN’s new romantic comedy drama Introverted Boss, from the PD-writer team behind Marriage Not Dating. The opposites-attract comedy stars Yeon Woo-jin (Divorce Lawyer in Love) and Park Hye-soo (Age of Youth) as an extremely introverted boss of a PR firm and his suspicious new employee.

Spoiler

Yeon Woo-jin stars as a successful CEO who’s shrouded in mystery because he somehow runs a public relations business without interacting with people—he avoids social situations and appears to be a cold man, when he’s really just extremely shy and sensitive. The drama is about his personal growth as he begins to consider a life outside of his room, and the unexpected events brought about by the arrival of a strange rookie employee, played by Park Hye-soo. She’s an extrovert, of course, and she’s especially good at meeting with clients and doing presentations in front of others, but her one focus is getting revenge on her boss for reasons unknown. Co-stars include Yoon Park (Age of Youth) and Jeon Hyo-sung (Wanted).

Gong Seung-yeon will play a chaebol heiress who is introverted, described as the opposite of the outgoing heroine. Is this just a drama where everyone is either extremely introverted or extroverted, and there is no middle? Despite her status, the character is said to put a lot of effort into not standing out or becoming the center of attention. It seems likely that she’ll be a romantic rival for Yeon Woo-jin’s affections. Seeing as how both Park Hye-soo and Gong Seung-yeon are young actresses on the rise, I’m interested to see them go head-to-head on a meta level too, with such different characters.

Also joining the cast are hilarious supporting actors Yeh Ji-won (This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair) and Heo Jung-min (Oh Hae-young Again), who provided much of the comic relief in PD Song Hyun-wook’s last drama, Oh Hae-young Again. Heo Jung-min will play an elite graduate of Seoul University (I’m already laughing) who works at the PR firm, described as a nagging team member who nitpicks about every little thing.

Yeh Ji-won has been cast as a working mom who’s a warm, congenial advertising planner, often seen as a mother to the whole staff. But she’s always late to arrive at the office and early to leave, and she’ll have a contentious relationship with boss Yeon Woo-jin. Yeh Ji-won was consistently the funniest thing about Oh Hae-young Again, so I have no doubt that she’ll make this character memorably wacky as well.

Introverted Boss will air on Mondays and Tuesdays following Rude Miss Young-ae 15 in January.

src: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/introverted-boss-lines-up-support-staff-and-romantic-rivals/

• 2 weeks later...

Czbhr7wUkAAC9SD.jpgCzagOK2VQAADedw.jpg

CzZdncvUAAASuCF.jpgCzNXHSBVEAAxpGb.jpgCzcxGaGVEAA1OWl.jpgCzJkmcgVQAAciG-.jpg

She continues to grow in so many ways and her beauty inside & out continues to bloom like a beautiful flower...

Thanks & Credit to all original owners...

Guest rainmoon

“We Got Married” Couple Lee Jong Hyun And Gong Seung Yeon To Reunite In New Drama

K. Do 

Lee Jong Hyun Gong Seung Yeon

Spoiler

Former “We Got Married” couple CNBLUE’s Lee Jong Hyun and Gong Seung Yeon will be reuniting in a new drama!

On September 20, it was revealed that the pair have been cast as the leads for “My Only Love Song.” The drama will tell the story of haughty top star Song Su Jeong (Gong Seung Yeon), who believes money determines rankings for people and love, meeting money-driven On Dal (Lee Jong Hyun) through a time slip.

Lee Jong Hyun’s character is described as willing to go through water and fire in order to make money. Despite his ambitions for money, he is sweet and caring to those who have it tougher than him. In the drama, he has a fateful meeting with Gong Seung Yeon’s top star character who experiences a time slip and travels to the past.

The CNBLUE member last acted in KBS2’s “Orange Marmalade” and is making a drama comeback in about a year. As for Gong Seung Yeon, she recently acted in “Master: God of Noodles” and is currently an MC for “Music Bank.”

Gong Seung Yeon and Lee Jong Hyun were well-loved as a virtual married couple on “We Got Married” with many viewers opposing their exit from the show after appearing for five months.

Fantasy-youth sageuk “My Only Love Song” will tackle the characters’ beliefs on how money divides love and people in life. It will be the first drama for FNC Ad Culture which is FNC Entertainment’s broadcasting production subsidiary company. “My Only Love Song” will be 100 percent pre-produced and is scheduled to air in February 2017.

Source (1)

src: https://www.soompi.com/2016/09/20/got-married-couple-lee-jong-hyun-gong-seung-yeon-reunite-new-drama/

Guest rainmoon

Gong Seung Yeon Confirmed For New tvN Sci-Fi Drama, Kim Kang Woo And Yeo Jin Goo In Talks To Star

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Kim-Kang-Woo-Yeo-Jin-Goo

Gong Seung Yeon is the newest cast addition to the upcoming tvN drama “Circle” (tentative title).

On March 2, a source from Gong Seung Yeon’s agency Yuko Company stated, “Gong Seung Yeon is currently speaking with the production team. They are in the middle of figuring out the final coordinations.” Gong Seung Yeon’s role is a college student named Jung Yeon, who goes to the same college as the main character Woo Jin.

The upcoming sci-fi mystery drama will take place in both the present year of 2017 and in the future of 2037. Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo are in talks to star as Woo Jin, a college student who lives in 2017, and a homicide detective who is living in the year 2037, respectively. The two actors are expected to confirm their roles soon as well.

Meanwhile, “Circle” is set to be about unification, opposition, and love, as aliens (who believe that emotions have to be eradicated in order for there to be a future for humanity) come to Earth.

Source (1)(2)

src: https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/02/gong-seung-yeon-confirmed-new-tvn-sci-fi-drama-kim-kang-woo-yeo-jin-goo-talks-star/

• 2 months later...
Guest rainmoon

Gong Seung-yeon falls for robot Seo Kang-joon in Are You Human Too

by javabeans

gongseungyeon_21b.jpg

Ah, the lineup is finally confirmed for KBS’s upcoming drama Are You Human Too, with Seo Kang-joon (Entourage) and Gong Seung-yeon (Circle) finalized as the main leads. This drama caught my interest early on with its unusual premise surrounding a romance involving an android and a human, and that’s enough to get me to tune in because I’m so wildly curious about how this relationship could possibly resolve satisfactorily.

The drama, which attached Seo Kang-joon first, unfolds when a third-generation chaebol is in an accident and falls into a coma, whereupon his mother puts in his place an android made to look exactly like her son. It sounds like this “human impersonation con story” is necessitated by a brewing power struggle amongst the chaebols, and I’m thinking Mom must be trying to protect her son’s place. Seo Kang-joon will play that chaebol, Nam Shin, as well as his robot impersonator, Nam Shin-III.

Spoiler

Gong Seung-yeon will play Kang So-bong, a bodyguard with a tough and cool outer image. She’ll come to protect Nam Shin-III, and although she grumbles all the while, she’s described as a warm and lovable person. I’m glad to see her scoring another lead role after earning notice in a steady stream of supporting roles (Introverted Boss, Six Flying Dragons, Heard It Through the Grapevine), and doing quite nicely at the moment in Circle. Go Ara onboard had been initially courted for this role, but I’m just as happy to have Gong Seung-yeon.

Kim Sung-ryung (Mrs. Cop 2) has signed on to play Nam Shin’s mother, an expert in the field of artificial intelligence. Described as intelligent and intensely focused, she’s also the lead researcher working on developing the android with a secret team of top international scientists. Long estranged from her son, her longing for him is what initially prompts her to make the robot that looks like her son.

Yoo Oh-sung (Uncontrollably Fond), meanwhile, is considering a role as Seo Kang-joon’s opponent, which should be right up his alley since Yoo is quite the old hand at playing fierce rivals and villains. Yoo’s character is a high-level director of the chaebol group who believes that if he can just get Nam Shin out of the way, he could become head of the company.

Are You Human Too is written by Jo Jung-joo of The Princess’s Man, and directed by PD Cha Young-hoon of Uncontrollably Fond and Baek-hee Has Returned. The production aims to begin filming at the end of the month with the aim of airing on KBS in the fall, although it has not been given an official slot on the schedule yet.

kimsungryung_50.jpg
Kim Sung-ryung, Yoo Oh-sung

src: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/gong-seung-yeon-falls-for-robot-seo-kang-joon-in-are-you-human-too/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why, but there is very little mention here of GSY and her amazing role in My Only Love Song, currently being offered worldwide on Netflix.   She is paired in a lead role with her ex-partner Lee Jong Hyun from WGM, and their close, comfortable chemistry displays itself well in this time slip/rom-com!

My Only Love Song really gives her a chance to display her many sides, from slapstick comedy to drama and romance.  Please give her your love and support and check out My Only Love Song!    

• 8 months later...

March 23, 2018

Gong Seung Yeon Signs With BH Entertainment

Source: Soompi by Y. Jang

Gong-Seung-Yeon.jpg

Actress Gong Seung Yeon confirmed that she signed an exclusive contract with BH Entertainment after leaving her previous agency Yuko Company.

“I want to demonstrate my ability as an actress through good works in the future. I also want to be an actress whom many people can deeply relate to,” she commented.

Since debuting in 2012, Gong Seung Yeon has steadily built on her filmography with dramas such as “Six Flying Dragons,” “Master: God of Noodles,” and “Circle: Two Worlds Connected.”

BH Entertainment welcomed her, promising their support. They stated, “We will constantly communicate with each other and support her endlessly so that Gong Seung Yeon, an actress who is trying out various genres of works and developing her own colors, can spread her passion and potential.”

BH Entertainment is home to many actors including Lee Byung Hun, Han Ji Min, Han Hyo Joo, Han Ga In, Jin Goo, Chu Ja Hyun, Go Soo, Yoo Ji Tae, and Yu Xiaoguang.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Are You Human Too” starring Gong Seung Yeon and Seo Kang Joon is set to premiere in June.

Source (1)

Archived