Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ororomunroe

[Drama 2015] Yong-Pal 용팔이

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love Your posts are also very well written and very insightful. I really liked the analogy with Alice in Wonderland and the connection to fairytales (sleeping beauty) too. Actually, this drama is much more interesting, if you think about it after a while. I had also problems to understand why YJ would take the blame. I didn't like her noble idiocy gesture, but after taking the historical approach, I could understand her gesture and even admit that it was indeed no real noble idiocy because she was acting like a real queen! In the end, I even loved her much more, just like I didn't really like that KTH would decide to abandon her... but seeing KTH as someone pure, even described by the sister as an angel, made me change my mind. I could also accept his reasons. 

Thanks for the compliment for my comments on Marriage contract too! ;) 

@bebebisous33....... your presence here and your analytical interpretation from the historical aspect lift Yong Pal to a "classic" unique story to captivate the mind. Reading your comments is sheer joy .... I get new revelations as how the writer used power , the stuff of Kings ,Queens, Chaebols and the tussle for it with the pope, the nobles to reign supreme. It is interesting to note, as you pointed out, that weakening your target is the way to eliminate strong queens and install new queens who are weak and do not pose a threat. Then the cycle goes on. 

I'm sure locking Tae Hyun out after the HDJ's death is the first step to separate her guilt of HDJ's death and also Tae Hyun's mother's death from the humanistic TH. It's her way of dealing with shutting out light.

yp16-170.jpg?w=2000&h=

This scene speaks volumes .... On one end which represents the rich world of the Queen, laden with food and with Queen sitting down in her " throne" the seat of power which belongs to the head of the house. She has  to make a difficult decision about dealing with her love. On the other end is Tae Hyun, standing upright because he is "pure and righteous" . His end of the table is barren, speaking of his vastly different world, his lower middle class and his distaste for power and richness. His is a world of picnics, people, streams, trails and Windy Hill. Note.... he has no chair to sit on.... no place in the house. And look at the motifs of the tablecloth , all XXXXXX ... :cry:

yp16-172.jpg?w=2000&h=

A scene that needn't be if they had met halfway ..... on the 7th floor? :PWhy must it a be all? They could combine their strength and fight the enemies, after which they could revamp Hanshin. Sometimes I think... isn't it unfair of TH to ask her to give up Hanshin totally, which her father bequeathed her, and lay waste her CEO calibre? She was clearly groomed for exceptional talent in the corporate world. She was bred a crocodile Queen. Isn't is rather sexist of him? How is she ever going to fit into his world of a stay-at-home small-town rural doctor's wife. Are they going to live in the rooftop. What about the staff and servants in Hanshin? Are they going to lose their jobs? 

Oh .... and the orangery ....... they can't leave such a beautiful place. full of memories of lavender which TH created for her. I'm going crazeeeee ...... hahaha.

yp16-240.jpg?w=2000&h=

17 hours ago, LyeKIM said:

I just saw this again in Dramafever YT and remembered those time in Yong Pal...Those dark yet lovely moments of our OTP. I wish I could see them  ( Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee) in a drama. Nostalgia attacks

Whoaaa......... !!! @LyeKIM.....yup ... got your video. :heart:...  Enjoyed the kisses immensely. Thank you for posting lovey lovey sweet moments of them . Okayyyyyyy ...... whenever nostagia attacks get into you, just post videos here. Luurrvvveeeee Windy Hill or whatever mountain, streams or trails, as long as Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin are.

@lavender2love I can return the same compliment!!! Besides, you add pictures, while I don't do it.

However, I wanted to add something to your last comment. The garden KTH created is full of lavender. The writer didn't use this flower and plant randomly. You might not know but f. ex. "lavandière" in French means a washwoman. The origin is that Roman used to use lavender to wash clothes. Besides, "lavare" in latin means to clean and to wash. As you can see, lavender symbolises purification. Since KTH couldn't stay by her side, he left lavender behind so that YJ could still find solace and "clean" herself after doing business (getting dirtied by it). I hope, you can understand what I am saying. KTH was the angel by her side, but he couldn't change her but he would have lost his purity and soul. Hence he stepped back, yet he didn't entirely give YJ up. The lavender was there in order to influence her: purify her, but also to heal her because lavender is also a desinfectant and soothing plant.

Back then KTH was naive to ask her to leave HS behind, as her leaving would have caused even much more chaos... Remember that when her brother was ruling, the company wasn't doing so great so that people were getting fired and companies were about to be sold. As a king can't just leave his country and duty behind, YJ couldn't either. KTH realised it, when he saw how the directors were plotting against YJ again. When he left her, he thought, it was only a matter of revenge... The directors would never miss an occasion to change the situation. Finally, he realised that YJ had abandoned her revenge and his way of thinking was wrong. He had no idea about power struggle because he came from a different social background.   

48 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love I can return the same compliment!!! Besides, you add pictures, while I don't do it.

However, I wanted to add something to your last comment. The garden KTH created is full of lavender. The writer didn't use this flower and plant randomly. You might not know but f. ex. "lavandière" in French means a washwoman. The origin is that Roman used to use lavender to wash clothes. Besides, "lavare" in latin means to clean and to wash. As you can see, lavender symbolises purification. Since KTH couldn't stay by her side, he left lavender behind so that YJ could still find solace and "clean" herself after doing business (getting dirtied by it). I hope, you can understand what I am saying. KTH was the angel by her side, but he couldn't change her but he would have lost his purity and soul. Hence he stepped back, yet he didn't entirely give YJ up. The lavender was there in order to influence her: purify her, but also to heal her because lavender is also a desinfectant and soothing plant.

Oh man... !! @bebebisous33...... you are amazing !! Am lovin' it ..... !!!  :heart: Just taking the interesting details about  " lavandiere " .....the washerwoman.....oolala ! You just released a gem of  insight............KTH created a place of ablution of fragrant lavender to wash off uncleanness . His presence is ever with her when she finds solace . He is like the aromatic lavender to heal her and embrace her in her sorrow. Appreciate your insight.... :heart:

yp16-39.jpg?w=2000&h=

yp16-245.jpg?w=2000&h=

And the Queen is as magnanimous ....... sending the bodyguard to secretly protect him. Their love for each other is so deep and strong. Sigh !!!

yp16-250.jpg?w=2000&h=

48 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Back then KTH was naive to ask her to leave HS behind, as her leaving would have caused even much more chaos... Remember that when her brother was ruling, the company wasn't doing so great so that people were getting fired and companies were about to be sold. As a king can't just leave his country and duty behind, YJ couldn't either. KTH realised it, when he saw how the directors were plotting against YJ again. When he left her, he thought, it was only a matter of revenge... The directors would never miss an occasion to change the situation. Finally, he realised that YJ had abandoned her revenge and his way of thinking was wrong. He had no idea about power struggle because he came from a different social background.   

Love your excellent description As a king just can't leave his country and duty behind, YJ couldn't either.

Tae Hyun came back for her. Finally his pure nature had to get her out off darkness.

yp18-137.jpg?w=2000&h=yp18-146.jpg?w=2000&h=

yp18-148.jpg?w=2000&h=yp18-147.jpg?w=2000&h=

Got to share this....... Just look at this bigger photo . Do you all see THE SHAFT OF LIGHT  in the middle of the room. It was unintentional I'm sure but looking at it at a spiritual level, it looks like Tae Hyun's" angelic pure light " that goes before him and dispelling darkness and evil right in the centre of the room. It's a WOW  for me. The light passed through the side of her father's portrait.

yp18-148.jpg?w=2000&h=

@lavender2love Thanks to your pictures, I have noticed something else: when YJ was kept captive at the hospital, she was dressed in white symbolising purity and innocence, but when she left the hospital for real and went to the funeral, she was dressed in black and from that moment on, she was almost dressed in black (sorry I am using your pictures, I hope, you don't mind). I chose two as examples.  yp13-228.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp16-245.jpg?w=2000&h=

As you can see, YJ's personality has changed: her thirst for revenge is literally visible for anyone, she isn't innocent and pure any longer. However, when KTH picked her in the last episode, have you observed that she is wearing both colours: white and black, although the white is more important because it is close to her head and heart, as if she had finally changed.

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love Thanks to your pictures, I have noticed something else: when YJ was kept captive at the hospital, she was dressed in white symbolising purity and innocence, but when she left the hospital for real and went to the funeral, she was dressed in black and from that moment on, she was almost dressed in black (sorry I am using your pictures, I hope, you don't mind). I chose two as examples. 

@bebebisous33 SCORE ....!!!! 1lg096soccer.gif~c200   :heart:   Nicely said..... thanks for pointing out !! Yes white for purity and innocence . Only white at the hospital.... and it evoked sympathy from viewers who saw her vulnerability and injustice done to her.

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

As you can see, YJ's personality has changed: her thirst for revenge is literally visible for anyone, she isn't innocent and pure any longer. However, when KTH picked her in the last episode, have you observed that she is wearing both colours: white and black, although the white is more important because it is close to her head and heart, as if she had finally changed.

Absolutely right !! So interesting that colour psychology is used to maximum effect. Her quest for revenge is dark... so her outfits were black. I like what you observed in the end, white , close to her heart and head. ( please use any pictures that you want.... you are so welcome. ) Now off to check out her black outfits. Be back when I done searching. Thanks friend. :heart:

The post below was done earlier but @bebebisous33 post about the symbolism of the colours white and black came in and is so interesting that I responded to hers first, then I merge the earlier post with it. ( Soompi rules .... 2 hour interval )

Yong Pal's symbolic find in Alice In Wonderland 

by @bjvipb2uty

White Knight

Last of all, the White Knight. I believe he can also represent Taehyun. The Knight is the only character that really helps Alice. It's interesting that he is the one who saves her from the 'Red Knight' and guides her on her final stage in becoming a 'Queen.' Dare I say, he takes her to her throne. However, once he guides her there he says he can't accompany her any longer. They part ways and the sad Knight walks away. Um...call me delusional but that fits Taehyun and Yeojin like a glove.

Me : The White Knight battled dragons and double-headed snakes to put Yeo Jin on the throne. He nearly lost his life. Once the Queen was enthroned, the White Knight could not bear the dark castle and dungeons. Evil lurked in every shadowy corner. He wanted to ride off with his beautiful Queen on his pure white horse into the magic mountain. The Queen had her kingdom to protect, so the White Knight left alone with a hey and a ho....! For 6 months the White Knight lived a peasant life, pining for his Queen. He consoled himself drinking soju. 

yp5-314.jpg

yp13-8.jpg?w=1333&h=

And finally just some interesting tidbits. Coincidences probably.

This poem; it's recited by Alice in the book:

How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!
How cheerfully he seems to grin
How neatly spreads his claws
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!

It's actually a parody on a moralistic poem on being a 'goody-two-shoes.' Carroll twisted it to create one revolving around deception with the use of crocodiles. Heh.

@pwnkl......... dear girl ..... you dropped in to Yong Pal. So nice. :heart:  It has been sooooo long ... thanks for the likes. You still remember the many things we discussed here from byuntae to our OTP.?  Did you change husband again ? LOL ..This time to the babyface SJK ? :P All the young girls are dotty over him. Take care. Come visit again.As you can see I'm still very much in love with Yong Pal and bebebiscous is fantastic with her insight. Her posts make Yong Pal shine. I hope many read her comments.

Posted 19 hours ago · Report post

@bebebisous33........ You got me excited about colours . As always you're gifted in seeing more than one dimension. You don't just see things at face value, you are able to shift through that and work on so many facets. Right, the colour black reflect a shift to the dark side as her heart wrapped in revenge.

You quoted: " when YJ was kept captive at the hospital, she was dressed in white symbolising purity and innocence, but when she left the hospital for real and went to the funeral, she was dressed in black and from that moment on, she was almost dressed in black"

As you can see, YJ's personality has changed: her thirst for revenge is literally visible for anyone, she isn't innocent and pure any longer. However, when KTH picked her in the last episode, have you observed that she is wearing both colours: white and black, although the white is more important because it is close to her head and heart, as if she had finally changed."

You and pwnkl like this

Black for mourning..... the heart shrouded in grief.

ep1_yw2.jpg?w=605

Black for POWER and control. The Queen in black exudes an intimidating, unfriendly and unapproachable front. There is a sense of mystery too for the Queen is unreadable.

yp13-226.jpg?w=1333&h=

In WAR, the colour to focus on the battle is black. There is so much authority in black. I think the white shirt meant intelligence and calm to make decisions.

yp16-51.jpg?w=1333&h=

Black is the absence of light. In the breakup she loses the light, Tae Hyun. Likewise TH, though he has 2 stripes down the sleeves. Does it mean helplessness... LOL ..I see his hands look lost.

yp17-73.jpg?w=1333&h=

Missing Tae Hyun. Black to mourn his absence.

yp17-72.jpg?w=1333&h=

Though her personality changed from innocent white to revengeful black, with Tae Hyun she was beautifully dressed in a soft white with black neckline. Ah.... she still retained her one mindedness for revenge though the setting was so romantic and warm . Tae Hyun was dressed for authority..... to persuade her to give up revenge. His wife is so gorgeous and desirable though :blush:

YongPal14-00484.jpg

@lavender2love miyanheee chinguuu... hadn't been active for a while :D HAHAHAH byuntae? hell yes :w00t: hmm SJK?Song Joong Ki? hmm I haven't watch DOTS yet.. I'm waiting for all the episodes to aired just like YP.. have high expectations as well ^_^.

Spoiler

since I don't really like waiting weekly.. (urrg WGM ticks me off every week. :angry: and my poor heart.. can't handle more lol.) ] yea I keep reading that SJK is hot nowadays.. he's definitely an EYECANDY!! :wub: but not a huge fan so nahh... I'll remain faithful to my hubby LOL :lol: actually it's not SJK why I wanted to watch DOTS its becoz of SHK gosh I'm a huge fan of hers since Full House B) 

Oh yea honestly.. I'm not completely inactive but I occasionally drop by to our thread and do some reading.. but yesterday I read 2 pages with your conversation with @bebebisous33 just gotta say..darn my mind was blown by you guys. For some reasons, oddly I really had to log in and give it a like.. I just need to lol. Anyway I hope my post won't interrupt the flow of your discussions coz I'm looking forward for more .. it's really interesting.. actually I'm more biased on YJ since I favor her character more than TH.. I loved how her maleficent side is being put into light coz I really dig that side of her as the "Queen" well my reason is that I'm kind of tired of the purely good protagonist.. 

anyways I applaud you guys 
@lavender2lo and @bebebisous3 for an awesome insights. 

Yong Pal's symbolic find in Alice In Wonderland 

by @bjvipb2uty

Colors colors colors~~~

Remember this scene?

edQPied.png?1

White roses contrasting with the red blood. In AIW, the Queen of Hearts has a garden full of red roses (only red; her color). There happens to be one bush of white roses that was accidentally planted so it gets painted red. I find it visually intriguing how we had Yeojin break the vase with white roses and that they were scattered around her blood (red). The Yeojin, who was filled with hatred and revenge, had finally awaken. Our Queen of Hearts.

yp2-321.jpg

What color was Yeojin wearing when she officially became the Chairwoman? Red! Plus her wide array of pink/red hues for her lipstick.

Spoiler

vvnSEbg.png?1

When Chaeyoung was being all pompous about her 'victory' over Yeojin she wore this blouse. Red roses.

Spoiler

EHDYWjf.png?1

*takes deep breath* There. I'm done. If you get anything out of this analysis, it's that I think too much. There's a few more things I had in mind but that's enough for today. :P

On 13.4.2016 at 10:36 PM, pwnkl said:

@lavender2love miyanheee chinguuu... hadn't been active for a while :D HAHAHAH byuntae? hell yes :w00t: hmm SJK?Song Joong Ki? hmm I haven't watch DOTS yet.. I'm waiting for all the episodes to aired just like YP.. have high expectations as well ^_^.

Reveal hidden contents

since I don't really like waiting weekly.. (urrg WGM ticks me off every week. :angry: and my poor heart.. can't handle more lol.) ] yea I keep reading that SJK is hot nowadays.. he's definitely an EYECANDY!! :wub: but not a huge fan so nahh... I'll remain faithful to my hubby LOL :lol: actually it's not SJK why I wanted to watch DOTS its becoz of SHK gosh I'm a huge fan of hers since Full House B) 

Oh yea honestly.. I'm not completely inactive but I occasionally drop by to our thread and do some reading.. but yesterday I read 2 pages with your conversation with @bebebisous33 just gotta say..darn my mind was blown by you guys. For some reasons, oddly I really had to log in and give it a like.. I just need to lol. Anyway I hope my post won't interrupt the flow of your discussions coz I'm looking forward for more .. it's really interesting.. actually I'm more biased on YJ since I favor her character more than TH.. I loved how her maleficent side is being put into light coz I really dig that side of her as the "Queen" well my reason is that I'm kind of tired of the purely good protagonist.. 

anyways I applaud you guys 
@lavender2lo and @bebebisous3 for an awesome insights. 

Yea @pwnkl.....Lovely just lovely to chat with you again. How's college? Hope you pass all your exams with flying colours. If there is a major for Kdrama, you'd  achieve A +.... hahaha.:rolleyes:

Thank you for reading the discussions . I'm encouraged by your feedback. :heart:  Yes, we do, don't we, loving Yeo Jin for her rising like a phoenix from the ashes to Queen.? She went from death to power to close-to-death again. Tae Hyun only sprung to action almost too late. I'm still consistently thinking that his 6 months " MIA ' was a disappointment. Anyway ..... all went well.

If you the weekend to spare, check out Marriage Contract. It;s very good, with high ratings too . It's a real tear-jerker. Uee was Joo Won's costar previously.... kind of linked to Yong Pal ....Huh? :P

@lavender2love Your picture about the rose triggered something in me that's why I am using your picture again!

edQPied.png?1

The rose as flower. You mentioned that Queen of heart in Alice in Wonderland would only use red roses. But actually here it is a white rose and here again, this is no coincidence. First, white symbolises purity, but not only the colour. The rose represents

- beauty,

- purity (too)

- death, 

- ephemerality,

- eternal wisdom

- secret: This might surprise you. Why secret? Because there is a German and English expression called "sub rosa" which means confidential, secret. You must imagine, in the past, people might have hidden behind rosebushes in order to see a person in secret and have a private conversation with that person. Striking is that YJ is indeed a secret to everyone. She is kept hidden from the outside world.  No one has an idea about her real situation.

The association with death and ephemerality is often seen in poetry. For example Ronsard (French), Goethe (German) used the rose as metaphor for a beautiful young woman and in both poems, the rose wilts or even dies. First, the rose is attractive and beautiful but as time passes on, the rose loses her petals and wilts or a boy sees the rose and take it (sexual connotation). 

But Christian religion uses the rose as symbol as well: first, the rose represents Marie, Jesus' mother and secondly as love from heaven.

Interesting in this picture is that the rose represents actually YJ, the beautiful, pure woman and the picture reflects her situation. As you can see, the vase is broken and the roses are on the floor. Since YJ is like the rose, she is on the verge of death as she wants to commit suicide. The broken vase represents her room where she is kept captive but her only way out is her death hence you see blood on the picture. The blood represents literally YJ's price for ending her suffering. As conclusion: the picture is an allegory about YJ: she wants to break free by killing herself: free from the vase/room, but the price for being free is blood (her death).

Another aspect to the rose is that this flower isn't just beautiful, it has also thorns referring to pain and suffering. The one who will touch her will suffer: KTH, Lee, her brother HDJ, CY, Min aso. All of them suffered, when they tried to touch her. 

@pwnkl Thanks for the compliment!! I hope, you  will like this comment too.

@lavender2love Since we are talking about the meaning of colours, I would like to point out the colour KTH has been wearing all along: 

- First, he was in white (doctor coat) which was referring to his purity.

- Later, he was wearing black and white (funeral, living with YJ), this was also a signal that YJ's revenge has affected him

and finally this blue pullover with white strips!!

yp17-73.jpg?w=1333&h= Notice, KTH has some white on his clothes which illustrates indeed his purity. But the blue as colour is interesting because in the past, blue was a colour that only kings could wear (f. ex. French King) and it is often associated with manhood. In this drama, KTH has been often described as a king. Then blue has two sides:

- the coldness, the chilliness that can be illustrated by two examples: When you freeze, your body is turning blue or real cold snow has some blue reflection! The blue here points out that KTH has distanced himself from YJ, their relationship has changed in the sense, he has been disappointed by her, although he still loves her.

- Sympathy and trust: Interesting is that blue represents trust too! This colour in this scene reveals that he still has some sympathy for her and he still trusts her. That's why he is talking to her, trying to change her mind. He wants to convince her with these words (above). He doesn't really abandon her, he gives her the choice. She is put in front of an alternative. However, we know, she can't leave HS as it is her legacy.

- Blue symbolises also fantasy, utopia! So KTH is indeed dreaming as it is clear that the queen can't just quit. This would create much more chaos. I believe, KTH doesn't see what is behind YJ: people (workers) and their work.

That's it for today. I hope, I'll hear from you soon!   

17 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love Your picture about the rose triggered something in me that's why I am using your picture again!

The rose as flower. You mentioned that Queen of heart in Alice in Wonderland would only use red roses. But actually here it is a white rose and here again, this is no coincidence. First, white symbolises purity, but not only the colour. The rose represents

- beauty,

- purity (too)

- death, 

- ephemerality,

- eternal wisdom

- secret: This might surprise you. Why secret? Because there is a German and English expression called "sub rosa" which means confidential, secret. You must imagine, in the past, people might have hidden behind rosebushes in order to see a person in secret and have a private conversation with that person. Striking is that YJ is indeed a secret to everyone. She is kept hidden from the outside world.  No one has an idea about her real situation.

The association with death and ephemerality is often seen in poetry. For example Ronsard (French), Goethe (German) used the rose as metaphor for a beautiful young woman and in both poems, the rose wilts or even dies. First, the rose is attractive and beautiful but as time passes on, the rose loses her petals and wilts or a boy sees the rose and take it (sexual connotation). 

@bebebisous33........ truyen%2Bcuoi%2Bnhay%2Bnhot.gifqin100x100.gif   You're amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.... !!! Right at the top with your discourse on the rose symbolism .... I love discovering gems of insight through your eyes..... was having LOL moments at why people hid behind rosebushes ...FunnehBum.gif~c200 So Yeo Jin " secret rose " is the highly tech room on the 12th floor. No wonder when KTH first saw the " Rose" which was kept hidden, he was shaken , first by her beauty then by her suicide bid ( death ) 

Ahhhh ....dear @bebebisous33.... thank you for Ronsard's poem. The line "  Who in a short space shall be in churchyard lying"  ...is exactly Yeo Jin's fate as planned by HDJ.

Spoiler

ROSES
RONSARD, 1550.

I send you here a wreath of blossoms blown,
And woven flowers at sunset gathered,
Another dawn had seen them ruined, and shed
Loose leaves upon the grass at random strown.
By this, their sure example, be it known,
That all your beauties, now in perfect flower,
Shall fade as these, and wither in an hour,
Flowerlike, and brief of days, as the flower sown.

Ah, time is flying, lady--time is flying;
Nay, 'tis not time that flies but we that go,
Who in short space shall be in churchyard lying,
And of our loving parley none shall know,
Nor any man consider what we were;
Be therefore kind, my love, whiles thou art fair.

But Christian religion uses the rose as symbol as well: first, the rose represents Marie, Jesus' mother and secondly as love from heaven.

Interesting in this picture is that the rose represents actually YJ, the beautiful, pure woman and the picture reflects her situation. As you can see, the vase is broken and the roses are on the floor. Since YJ is like the rose, she is on the verge of death as she wants to commit suicide. The broken vase represents her room where she is kept captive but her only way out is her death hence you see blood on the picture. The blood represents literally YJ's price for ending her suffering. As conclusion: the picture is an allegory about YJ: she wants to break free by killing herself: free from the vase/room, but the price for being free is blood (her death).

Another aspect to the rose is that this flower isn't just beautiful, it has also thorns referring to pain and suffering. The one who will touch her will suffer: KTH, Lee, her brother HDJ, CY, Min aso. All of them suffered, when they tried to touch her. 

We have it all here.....the broken vase ( her prison room ) .... the blood ( bid to end her suffering ) ...... Wow .... Yong Pal is unique, not just in it's story but the symbolisms used for enrichment and a poetical slant. Bravo !!!!  @bebebisous33...... you did well. bravo_smiley.gif

yp2-319.jpg

@pwnkl Thanks for the compliment!! I hope, you  will like this comment too.

@pwnkl..... yes thank you dear.....you always bring your vibe to YP. You'll enjoy bebebisous comment..... she is a good writer. Perhaps she will write a fanfic ?

@lavender2love You know what?? Your comments are also very inspiring!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532 I mean, I wouldn't have noticed the symbolik of the rose cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532 and the broken vase, if you hadn't posted it!! cheetah  Besides, I really enjoyed reading your posts about the parallels between Alice in Wonderland and YP!! That's why your contributions are really meaningful to me. crazy monkey 003 I was eager to know about your reaction with my last two comments!

You know, while watching again the episode 16, I've noticed something else too. It was, when YJ came back from the party and the directors were waiting for her. All of them didn't want her to go on war. First, their objection was that she was inexperienced and lacked knowledge and courage. She was perceived as chicken-hearted as she was a young woman!! As conclusion, she was misjudged because of her sex and her age. Their comments reminded me of lords acting as councelors of the new king/queen who is looked down because of his age and his lack of experience. Funny is that YJ proved them that she was way ahead of them. Her explanation revealed her skills. The consequence of giving in would mean a disaster for her as she would appear as weak queen which illustrates what I had written before. The directors' interests were never the queen's interests because they want her to rely on them. That's how they realised how dangerous she was and that later they decided to betray her as they had realised that they would receive less and less favours. 

Actually, the whole HS company reminds me of the feudal system, where the king bestowed a fief as means of payment, since in the Middle-Age we had more a barter economy. In exchange, the vassal had to counsel or help militarily the king. So the directors receive their position (the fief) and in exchange, they support the queen. However, the reality has always been different in the sense that the vassals could betray, rebell against their feudal landowner, here the queen. Besides, a feudal landowner wasn't always the king, but a duke or a count who bestowed knights with a fief. But if you watch again the episode 11, KTH is kneeling in front of HDJ. This reminds me a lot of the Middle-Age where the vassal has to show his humility. Kneeling down in order to beg has disappeared in Europe because of the French Revolution.

Then when she started the war, the scene in the computer room reminded me of the renaissance! The introduction of new tactics and new weapons (cannons, guns aso) marked the end of the feudal system and of the knights as they weren't needed any longer (the beginning of robber baronry). So the directors are in danger. They realise that they are not really needed, besides the new generation is different. For YJ, nobility, family and tradition don't matter. What she wants is good results. So she ahs changed her rewarding system: she will support people who helps her, regardless their origins and behaviour. YJ is actually a modern queen as she is revolutionizing HS, her kingdom. The directors are about to get kicked out, which explained why they decided to conspire against her. The war revealed how different YJ was from her brother who kept relying on lords. He only changed the alliances, first Min and later Go. As conclusion, they decided to help CY because they knew, she would behave like her husband. She was too conservative in her thinking. She would have been a weak queen indeed.

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love Since we are talking about the meaning of colours, I would like to point out the colour KTH has been wearing all along: 

- First, he was in white (doctor coat) which was referring to his purity.

- Later, he was wearing black and white (funeral, living with YJ), this was also a signal that YJ's revenge has affected him

and finally this blue pullover with white strips!!

Notice, KTH has some white on his clothes which illustrates indeed his purity. But the blue as colour is interesting because in the past, blue was a colour that only kings could wear (f. ex. French King) and it is often associated with manhood. In this drama, KTH has been often described as a king. Then blue has two sides:

- the coldness, the chilliness that can be illustrated by two examples: When you freeze, your body is turning blue or real cold snow has some blue reflection! The blue here points out that KTH has distanced himself from YJ, their relationship has changed in the sense, he has been disappointed by her, although he still loves her.

- Sympathy and trust: Interesting is that blue represents trust too! This colour in this scene reveals that he still has some sympathy for her and he still trusts her. That's why he is talking to her, trying to change her mind. He wants to convince her with these words (above). He doesn't really abandon her, he gives her the choice. She is put in front of an alternative. However, we know, she can't leave HS as it is her legacy.

- Blue symbolises also fantasy, utopia! So KTH is indeed dreaming as it is clear that the queen can't just quit. This would create much more chaos. I believe, KTH doesn't see what is behind YJ: people (workers) and their work.

That's it for today. I hope, I'll hear from you soon!   

@bebebisous33 so excited about  excited.gif~c200your latest write up on YJ is actually a modern Queen as she is revolutionizing HS, her kingdom , but this post interests me too. so I want to dwell a little on your explanation of the colour blue. ( Soompi rule is 2 hours next post.) Blue symbolises fantasy or utopia. Would the blue he wore on Windy Hill 2 represents fantasy of paradise, heaven or utopia, because as he put the ring round her finger , he found heaven  married to the woman he loved.

yp18-255.jpg?w=1333&h=

@lavender2love Where did you read about the 2 hours rule? Actually, the rule only stipulates that you should avoid to write one post after another, it is better to edit your last comment. However, when the post is too long, it is tolerated. That's why I posted two comments because both were rather long. You can post as often as you want.

Thanks for the last picture: this really shows his royal nature (blue as man and king) and she is white again! He is assuming his royal titel and the Windy hills are their heaven and kingdom where both can live happily. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love Where did you read about the 2 hours rule? Actually, the rule only stipulates that you should avoid to write one post after another, it is better to edit your last comment. However, when the post is too long, it is tolerated. That's why I posted two comments because both were rather long. You can post as often as you want.

Thanks for the last picture: this really shows his royal nature (blue as man and king) and she is white again! He is assuming his royal titel and the Windy hills are their heaven and kingdom where both can live happily. 

@bebebisous33....... oh, i was told by the last moderator who said  that  " The rule applies to consecutive posting of a member in a specific thread, say, Yong-Pal, a slow-moving thread right now. After posting at 6 AM, you should wait at least till 8 AM to post new content. If you want to add new content right after posting, you can actually do that as the system will automatically merge consecutive posts posted within 15-minute interval. This rule was made to avoid deliberate bumping up of threads " .....Ummnn ..... that's why I waited 2 hours , and sometimes longer when I had to attend to other things.

Even fast moving thread requires a wait of 30 minutes..... I was told.