[Drama 2015] The Return of Hwang Geum Bok 돌아온 황금복

Ldy Gmerm

Video from Episode 4:

They are telling them that the girl was assaulted blaming GB and you can see from her face that the YR hurt that girl but she is not speaking up. The girls friends are not saying anything either and then they blame GB too. What gets me is YR's mother is defending GB only to turn on her and her mother later due to their resentment.. shameful.

So she throws pictures at her accusing her of meeting the man.. This is a case of her jealousy of a man who has never loved her ugly and possessive behavior and she has the nerve to throw water in her face after stealing something that did not belong to her. IN the end  she will loose everything. LOL she got slapped and water thrown in the face.. although later she will betray this woman.

The Girl has woken up and they are asking her if she was hurt by GB and YR is still not speaking up to having fought with her and hurt her. That girl names YR it seems as the person that hurt her and it is good she did. GB is let out thank goodness. YR never spoke up and hurt that girl and was going to let her friend go to jail for that.. The friends of that girl lied too.. they need to go to jail. Now her mother is yelling about it being a mistake when all YR had to do was come clean that they fought look at her face it is bruised up..Now her mother and YR will blame GB and her mother for this and go against them..

Video credit DramaSBS channel on YouTube.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope GB realizes soon that AR isn't really a friend but a girl who hates her. She was willing to let GB suffer for nothing while she preparing to move on with her own life. It's a good thing that girl came out of the coma and told the detectives who really pushed her. Like @ina111  said, AR will come out of prison believing that the world owes her and she will do everything she can to destroy GB who protected her smh.

Now what I don't understand is what was that other detective paid to do? It seems like TJ's mom is setting AR's mom up to betray ES. This is going to get messy very soon.

Guest ina111

@tinatrix236 I think that guy is the father of the injured girl. MY paid him not to agree to settle until he hears from her. She was planning to blackmail ES this way, but now that YR is the one in prison, she can use this to blackmail YR's mother instead. She's a very scary lady, Very resourceful too. YR's mother will probably have to pay for slapping her somewhere down the line. 

@Ldy Gmerm thank you for the video with recaps. I may be reading too much into this, but judging from the way MY brought up the topic of GB, whatever secret YM is trying to protect doesn't seem to involve the girl. She doesn't seem to suspect that GB is TJ's child either. Perhaps she knows that's not possible, and GB is really not his child. I am very curious to know what MY is hiding.

(I can't get over what you said above, about doing 6 recaps a day at one point. I don't even know how you do the one now. You must be blessed with nerves of steel and very nimble brain and fingers.) 

@ina111 thanks for the trans and information.

You can best believe that MY will use that to some how make YR's mother betray ES and GB. YR's mother will do it for her daughter even if it means hurting ES who she saw as a friend. She will pay for the water and the slap to MY by having to betray her friend and deal with this woman to save her crazy violent jealous daughter. Eventually she will delude herself just as her daughter has that they deserve to be able to live a better life no matter who they step on or hurt.

The sad thing is YR and her mother will blame ES and GB for their misfortune when all they had to do is work as hard as they could and get a better life.. but it is way easier to betray a friend and hurt them then to work hard on your own merit and strength.

I have to wonder what lie or plot did TJ's mother and MY use to break them up. There is no way I can see that man wanting to be with MY unless a lie was told on both sides to break them up without talking to one another(because we know that no one really communicates in these drama's and 5-10-20-30 years later they are still misunderstandings that could be cleared up if they had not listened to others and talked to one another.) and no way could I see ES having a kid by another man that close to the number of years they have been apart  when she loved that man and he still loved her. Something was said and did for her to not come forward when she learned she was pregnant and to continue to keep that truth. Also no way would he have stayed with or not brought his daughter over if he had known of her. I am sure that at some point someone is going to do a DNA test (because they can do those like going to the corner store!) and find out that GB is prolly his kid and that his son is not.  This is why I think MY's big secret is her hand in the break up and her lies over the years along with that boy not being his perhaps.. I want to think that TJ got drunk at some point from his break up (walk with me in my speculations lol) with ES and MY had already slept with someone and used this to pin a baby on him. Or she just was around when he got drunk made it seem like they had slept together and his mother went along with it. Whatever her secret is she is way too scared to have it revealed I bet to TJ and her son.

I also had a crazy thought that her son may fall for GB.. (I know, I am nuts huh) and MY will freak out over it. Especially if by chance she gets her DNA and finds out that is TJ's bio kid. I am really surprised that MY never thought to do that at all.

(LOL, yeah I was up to 4 in the morning and 2 at night with 4 being dailies.. lets just say my MY screen and laptop really took a beating and the bad words I did not say to both of those devices.. lmao.. scared my family who thought I was nuts lol over my K-drama addiction at the time.. told myself I would never do that to myself again and do 6 almost 7 recaps a day.. )

Guest ina111

@Ldy Gmerm - I enjoyed reading your speculations very much. Nothing you wrote sounds implausible to me.

@Triton823  I think it's still worth giving this one a try. :) (How do you know he's not getting the girl?) 

SBS is really late with posting written previews for this drama. I think they only posted this one for episode 5 about an hour or two ago:
문혁은 금복이와 예령이가 일진들과 싸우던 당시의 동영상을 확인하고 금복이를 불러내 영상을 주는 대신 무릎을 꿇으라 말한다. 은실은 경선네가 미연에게 돈을 받고 합의를 해주지 않을 걸 알고 태중에게 찾아간다. 한편 미연은 리향을 만나 예령을 살릴 사람은 자신뿐이라 말하는데...
My guess at the translation:
Moon Hyeok identifies the video of Geum Bok and Ye Ryeong fighting with the bullies, calls out Geum Bok and asks her to kneel in exchange for giving her the video. Eun Sil finds out that Kyeong Seon's family received money from Mi Yeon and will not settle, and seeks out Tae Joong. Mi Yeon meets with Ri Hyang and tells her that the only person who will save Ye Ryeong is her...

Edited to ask: Would it be helpful to repost the relationship chart with romanized character names?

Morning All

There sure was a lot gong on in this episode.. GB mom id she went that far to see the man she should have spilled the beans she has some kind of dirty secret over that evil woman that she don't want told and she still waiting for the man at  6am in the morning.. I guess him not coming home after knowing who he's with has sent her over the edge.. 

Here another blocking the witness and his statement..

@Ldy Gmerm - I enjoyed reading your speculations very much. Nothing you wrote sounds implausible to me.

@Triton823  I think it's still worth giving this one a try. :) (How do you know he's not getting the girl?) 

SBS is really late with posting written previews for this drama. I think they only posted this one for episode 5 about an hour or two ago:
문혁은 금복이와 예령이가 일진들과 싸우던 당시의 동영상을 확인하고 금복이를 불러내 영상을 주는 대신 무릎을 꿇으라 말한다. 은실은 경선네가 미연에게 돈을 받고 합의를 해주지 않을 걸 알고 태중에게 찾아간다. 한편 미연은 리향을 만나 예령을 살릴 사람은 자신뿐이라 말하는데...
My guess at the translation:
Moon Hyeok identifies the video of Geum Bok and Ye Ryeong fighting with the bullies, calls out Geum Bok and asks her to kneel in exchange for giving her the video. Eun Sil finds out that Kyeong Seon's family received money from Mi Yeon and will not settle, and seeks out Tae Joong. Mi Yeon meets with Ri Hyang and tells her that the only person who will save Ye Ryeong is her...

Edited to ask: Would it be helpful to repost the relationship chart with romanized character names?

​Because the last few dramas Jung Eun Woo has been in he has NOT gotten the girl!? Yes I'm bias, the dude is a good actor he just picks crappy roles!

Video Episode 5:

Now she wants to beg her when her daughter was going to let her daughter go to jail for the crime. I do not blame ES for dragging GB out and poor GB realizes that YR stood there knowing the truth.. She should not have gone back to see her.

What is the purpose of him showing this video to her.. what does he want? So he is mad she kicked him in the leg before and yelled at him.. Will he end up being the one to help and fall in love with her later? ( @Triton823 are we sure he won't get the girl.. lol) I would love for him to have a good role and get the girl in this one too.

So MY will go ahead and YR's mother will go along with it.. partly to save her crazy daughter but also to get back at ES for walking away from her and because MY will put on the pressure due to her jealousy.

Video Credit DramaSBS channel on YouTube.

@Triton823 lol...I think he'll get the girl this time.

@valsava ES should have told that man the truth. I just find this situation on kdramas quite annoying. The character says he/she will speak up but when given the chance to do,so, they either keep quiet or change the topic smh. Now his crazy wife has another chance to destroy their lives.

@Triton823 lol...I think he'll get the girl this time.

@valsava ES should have told that man the truth. I just find this situation on kdramas quite annoying. The character says he/she will speak up but when given the chance to do,so, they either keep quiet or change the topic smh. Now his crazy wife has another chance to destroy their lives.

He better...it's like our boy from Stormy Woman...he always gets the girl...except in Noble Woman....why can't my guy get the girl! LOL

Episode 6 Video:

This is not good if she wants something from him. So this is MY's son.. (why do I see him falling for her.. ) Does he know about her at all? There will be a  shock when he does. and what his mother has done to this girl and her mother.

This woman is crazy.. going through his phone and calling this woman.. She must have really been obsessed with him before they married and hated that he did not want her and afterwards still held ES in his heart to be so hateful and nasty to a woman he is not even married to and cares about even now. .

Now I am not so sure he will get the girl if she is really that mans son.. Than again if he is not the man's son it could be a possibility if he is removed from the registry.. One thing for certain  it seems that GB knows this man is her father or has a tie to her mother. (Am I the only one who say her looks to him and her evasive behavior to him.? ) She refused the help , the umbrella but at least she kept his card. (I really hope this man does not die in this drama)

Preview:

Video Credit DramaSBS Channel on YouTube.

Episode 6 Video:

Hidden Content

Video Credit DramaSBS Channel on YouTube.

Birth secret...my boy is not his son!? That's probably the only way she was able to shack up with him by fooling GB dad into thinking she was pregnant with his son! That's the only string of hope I'm holding on to! LOL

@Triton823

I have always thought that MY would not be the type of woman that GB's bio dad would look to. She had to have either lied she was pregnant and then ran off to get pregnant or was pregnant by someone else to get a father for that kid and grab hold of him when he either rejected her before or because she was just way too desperate and jealous and obsessed to me over this man and hated he loved another . Seeing how MY is now to have not did something to latch on and trap him.

I want to bet she liked him and ended up either being rejected and then she got knocked up either by mistake or intentionally and then came back with his mother's help who did not like ES and pushed the kid off on him. I am way sure that he never slept with her before hand. He was either drugged or was too drunk and she used that opportunity.. smh at her still acting nutty and checking his phone and calling ES and having him watched. I am sure that who ever is reporting back is telling her they are not sleeping together. Her jealousy of ES is way over the top and she can't possibly know that GB is that man's daughter because she would have tried to kill or take that child away somewhere.

By the time she finds out her son will be in love with GB I bet and she will be horrified.. and scared that the truth is going to come out to that man and that her secret of that man not being his son will come out as well.

Her getting rid of ES some how is only going to appease her for a moment she is never going to be satisfied because this man will still hold that woman in his heart and she will never have all of him like she is so desperate to.

This is going to get real ugly when the truth comes out that GB is either his real half sister or a step sister and he is not that man's son. But not before MY does a whole bunch of crazy things along with YR and her mother.

Guest ina111

@Ldy Gmerm thank you for the videos. I don't think Geum Bok knows who Tae Joong is. I think she was just very upset that she couldn't meet with Moon Hyeok and in shock because of the near accident. I don't think you should worry about him dying, at least not any time soon, because the character descriptions say that he will search for Eun Sil after she disappears.

I agree, insulting MH was not a good strategy for GB. In her defense, she didn't know that he was telling the truth when he said the phone was broken, nor that the phone got broken when he was trying to help her, nor that he had agreed to testify as a witness. I love watching the two of them clash, and I can totally imagine that he will fall for her at some point. I don't think he knows anything about her right now other than where she lives and that she's always fighting for her friend. The odds seem stacked against them working out as a couple though, what with Geum Bok liking In Woo, and all the history between their parents.

MH is already unwillingly screwing up his mother's plans by coming up with that video (which is now irretrievable) and testifying as a witness. I imagine there will be more of that kind of thing in the future. When they meet again, Mi Yeon will probably figure out that Geum Bok is Eun Sil's daughter and give her a hard time, and MH might be forced to choose sides. (Reminds me a bit of Jeong Eun Woo's character's predicament in Well-raised daughter.)

I thought that this was another good episode overall. Ri Hyang's betrayal of Eun Sil was set up very well. It's easy to understand her desperation and the pressure she's feeling from so many sides - Mi Yeon's threats and offer of salvation, that girl's father's demand for money, Ye Ryeong's threat to kill herself. Then, on top of all that she feels betrayed by Eun Sil because she thinks Eun Sil is off gallivanting with another woman's husband instead of trying to help her. 

The preview looks interesting too. Ri Hyang is proposing to Eun sil to go on a trip to Japan (under Mi Yeon's instructions), and Mi Yeon is contacting her ex, Kim Gyeon Soo who now lives in Japan. I wonder if this means that Eun Sil's disappearance will happen in Japan and that GB will stay there a while to look for her mother.

Character description for Kim Gyeong Soo from the SBS site in my limited understanding:

Kim Gyeong Soo (44-53 years old) 
Mi Yeon's past lover.
Simple and soft, moral and faithful person. A man who would sacrifice his all for Mi Yeon's sake. After being betrayed by Mi Yeon 18 years ago and giving up everything, he left for Japan. 
However, one day he was contacted by Mi Yeon...

@ina111 thanks for the trans..

That makes me think that MY's son is that man's kid and she pinned that boy on TJ.. smh it seems this fool is still in love with MY.. eventually I can see him finding out that MY lied about that boy and passed him off on another..

Like I said .. the mess and misery has only just started.. we have 108 more episodes of crazy to go through.. ( I liked your Well Raised Daughter Ha Na reference since this took the same time slot it once had.. )

Guest ina111

@Ldy Gmerm I think you're right about MY and her son. Also about the mess and misery just starting. I really hope that it doesn't get too messy. I need a new daily to watch now that The Neighbor is ending. (Provided that drama doesn't kill me.:tears:)

Edited to add: I wish I'd known about soompi when I was watching Well-raised Daughter. (Granted, I started watching that drama after it finished airing, but still...) I just looked, and the thread is 500+ pages, it must have been very popular. 

Written preview for episode 7, and my attempt at translation: (SBS is so late posting these)

리향은 결국 미연의 제안을 받아들이고, 예령은 리향이 받은 합의금으로 풀려난다. 인우는 가족들이 다 모인 자리에서 금복과 결혼하고 싶다 말하고 예령은 분노한다. 한편 은실은 아버지 산소에서 태중과 마주하고 그날 하루 태중과 즐거운 시간을 보내는데...
Ri Hyang eventually accepts Mi Yeon's offer, and Ye Ryeong gets released with the settlement money Ri Hyeong received. With the whole family gathered, In Woo says that he wants to get married to Geum Bok, and Ye Ryeong is angry. Eun Sil encounters Tae Joong at her father's grave, and spends that day having fun with him..

@ina111 Thanks for the written Preview trans.

The drama is going to make you scream just wait for it.. It is coming. The real hateful craziness has yet to start..

LOL, it was a very popular thread.. I did the scene recaps for that one from episode 110 until the end trust me we spazzed out a lot in that thread lol good naturally of course.. AWRDH still is one of my favs even though they took too long to get Ha Na and HYC together.. I have certain episodes from that one downloaded to watch over and over.. thank goodness subs have been added since that drama was on.

I just want to understand how his mother could think MY would be better than ES.? I am not talking about status.. but temperament.. I am sure MY is hiding her crazy from everyone.. I have to wonder what betrayal that man thinks MY dealt him I want to bet it was her dating him then turning around and getting married to TJ claiming a child on that man that was really the other guys.. I have to say these two men TJ and the other guy never thought to question either ES or MY about these kids that were born sooo close together in the amount of time they have been apart? I would expect TJ to have done so and knows the kid was not his but still did not care accepting the boy (this may turn out to be the case but will suck for MH to get the girl GB.) What is it going to take for either of them to do DNA test?

I have to believe you maybe correct that ES is going to go missing in Japan ( ES has to wonder how R Hyang can afford to get that girl out and go on a trip right?? I still hope that she does not die.. that would be too awful)  will GB be with them or will she go after her mother does not come back and why is it ok for RH and YR to separate her from her mother.. how selfish they both are. IT is only the beginning for them to be on the path of their own self destruction.. too bad friends did not mean more than their own survival and jealousy and greed.

I have no doubt that YR is going to be mad that the man she likes likes GB and wants to marry her. The moment something happens to ES and GB goes to look for her YR is going to step in to take over with that man. I still think she will end up like MY in the end with a man that never loved her and still wanted his first love. Only I hope he does not end up with GB.

I just realized that Shin Da Eun (as Hwang Geum Bok) and Jun Noh Min (as Kang Tae Joong) acted together in the drama "Family's Honor" in 2008 as a couple. And in this drama, their relationship can be father and daughter... Awesome.

Their chemistry in "Family's Honor" was really good. Although they weren't a leading couple in that drama, I was still in love with their interaction. And I decided to watch "The Return of Hwang Geum Bok" is just because of them. And now, I really cannot let my eyes out of the films and want to know what will happen next to death.

How can they let this drama on air for just about 30min a day??? I want to watch it.... huhuhu

Archived