Guest ororomunroe

Finally and what a start..

ok have heard of the manga but not really read through it...but the drama series and casting feels bang on..

Casting feels almost perfect and no OTT..

Pray! Someone give the spoilers..\

1. Is jung genuinely gravitating towards our heroine?

2. backstory plz .. what i could make out is that per latest chapter jung has done something which makes fan wonder if he will turn into a villain and not the end hero..and that heroine cant forgive him this time

3. Is there a proposal scene to be expected in this managa? and the setting plz,..or how and when first kiss happens

4. siblings and jungs backstory plz

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Park Hae Jin's new drama, 'Cheese In The Trap,' getting hot reactions from Korea & China

Park Hae Jin's new drama, 'Cheese In The Trap,' is getting hot reactions from Korea and China.

Channel tvN's new drama, 'Cheese In The Trap,' premiered on January 4th, and Park Hae Jin's performance in the drama is becoming a hot issue among many drama fans of Korea and China even though only first two episodes were released so far.

On January 5th, 'Cheese In The Trap' peaked at #2 on Weibo Drama Chart and #1 on Weibo Korea-Japan Drama Chart. It is the first time for Park Hae Jin's drama to achieve such a high ranking on a Chinese drama chart, and a great number of people are showing largely surprised reactions for this news.

Many people are crediting Park Hae Jin's colossal popularity as the main factor of the huge success of 'Cheese In the Trap.' Park Hae Jin started growing popular in China after dramas 'Qian Duoduo's Wedding Story (钱多多嫁人记),' 'Another Kind of Splendid Life (另一种灿烂生活),' and 'Loves Relativity.'

His Kroean dramas, 'My Daughter, Seo Young,' 'My Love from the Star,' and 'Bad Guys' also made big hits in China, and 'Cheese In The Trap' is now being talked about as one of the most anticipated dramas of the year.

Now, many people are focusing their attention to future achievements that 'Cheese In The Trap' will bring to Park Hae Jin.

Meanwhile, 'Cheese In The Trap' evolves around a charming and mysterious university student named Yoo Jung (played by Park Hae Jin) and a fellow female student named Hong Sul (played by Kim Go Eun), who starts growing curious about Yoo Jung's mysterious character. The drama premiered on January 4th, and it airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM.

Park Hae Jin's new drama, 'Cheese In The Trap,' getting hot reactions from Korea & China

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=427509

Guest julie721

Just finished watching 2 episodes... Honestly I was kinda surprised... They were exceeding my expectations. I never read the webtoon. So I watch without knowing a thing about the character. I only read about the controversy for casting a while ago. 

But judging from what I saw, the drama itself is good.. The acting also good. I don't know if the actors acting resembles the webtoon character. But PHJ is good when delivered the mysterious Yoo Jung. And KGE perfectly portrait lovable and warm Hong Seul. I don't know why knetizens were against them at the first place.

Im so happy to find this drama. Wah I can't wait for the next episode...  CITT fighting!!!

I'm finally able to comment here again after so long! I loved the first two episodes! I seriously love everything. I never doubted Kim Go Eun since I’ve seen her in A Muse. And her playing Hong Seol is like a 180 degree turn. I like her character because she’s not really the usual doormat character. She’s got fire in her amidst all the suspicions and embarrassment. Haha. And watching this drama makes me remember my college days. The stress of having to enroll classes and not getting a slot! HA! I’m just glad that we have this one to look forward to each week. :)

Glad to see that this drama has a forum! CITT got me curious because it has been making its way to the top spot of drama sites I have visited recently. So I took some time to read the webtoon. I like how the story progress but it gets a bit too draggy and I must admit I got fed up with too much illustrations. Guess reading webtoons is not my cup of tea. Hehe.  So that led me to just wait for the drama itself as it airs. Kim Go Eun is a gem! I love the spunk and the awkwardness of her character.  Never saw any of her works until CITT and she definitely got her A-game. Love CITT to bits!

I'll catch up on the drama and the thread tomorrow... It's been a long day..

I am so thrilled with the ratings...!  (thank you @badsmuler)      smile%20happy%203.gif

Park Hae-jin steals viewers’ hearts

Park Hae-jin has stolen viewers’ hearts in his mysterious yet charming role in the new tvN drama “Cheese in the Trap.”

The webtoon-based drama is already making waves since it began Monday thanks to its its strong plot and fully fleshed-out characters that faithfully follow the original webtoon.

Spoiler
Spoiler

In the drama, Park takes on the complex character of Yoo Jung, an affluent college senior who is kind and caring on the outside, but manipulative and egocentric on the inside.

On the second episode, which aired Tuesday, Jung and female protagonist Hong Seol (Kim Go-eun) slowly become close to each other as Jung takes care of Seol and helps her in emergency situations.
At first, Seol saw through Jung’s character and tried her best to avoid him. But now, with his sweet gestures and kindness, Seol thinks she may have misunderstood Jung and slowly opens up to him.

“Cheese in the Trap” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 11 p.m. on tvN network.

Source

@rhaps Exactly! And not to mention that it's too challenging to find sites with english translations, let alone find sites that features this webtoon.  So I just gave up. But now, I'm more than happy to watch the live action version of Seol and Jung.  I hope it gets better and more interesting every week.  

Finally saw the 2 episodes subbed and I am over all satisfied! Being an ardent fan of the webtoon, it is hard for me not to compare.

PHJ is Jung ! He plays the role flawlessly, even with the story modification. I get Jung feels from him.

KGE, though not as excellently as PHJ is managing to do her role justice. The original Seol has an inherent strength that is missing in the drama adaption. She is shown to be running away from Jung rather than avoiding him head on in the drama - yes, there is huge difference in attitudes. And NO - Seol does not want to quit school because of Jung, but because she did not get the scholarship. I do hope they change this aspect in the drama - its really irritating me.

As for the rest of the cast, I have to say they are okay. Not brilliant but not half bad. I miss Eun Tae's straight-faced original personality with 1:3 hair partition :D In-Ha should have been cast better. I do hope that the writers do not change the story too much!

I enjoyed the drama a lot more than I thought despite already knowing the story and having reading the webtoon until the latest translated chapter (season 3 chapter 58). I've been an avid fan of this webtoon ever since 2010 when the webtoon was just recently released, so I'm pretty concerned with the drama adaptation matching the webtoon storyline and the characters portrayal. Thanks God the casts are spot on and the drama is going in sync with the webtoon so far (though they had moved some storyline here and there, ie. The homeless man incident happened in the present time whereas this incident was supposed to happen in the past. It's a pity cuz this incident is one of the things that has contributed to Sul's suspicion to Jung in the past). But everything has been good so far.

Park Hae Jin totally did a great job in pulling off Yoo Jung, and mad props to him for that because this character is hard and quite complicated to be pulled off properly. Kim Go Eun has been doing a good job, too. I can totally see Hong Sul in her. Seo Kang Joon is okay pulling off Baek In Ho. My only concern is that I can't seem to see Eun Taek in Nam Joo Hyuk. It's acted a bit differently and the actual Eun Taek is more quirky than what NJH has shown so far. I hope he'll be putting out Eun Taek's charm much more in the future :/

Anyway, this drama is moving so fast that the first 2 episodes has covered the first 16-18 chapters of the webtoon already as I remember, and especially with Jung's confession already coming up next week. If this keeps going with this pacing, maybe 16 episodes will be able to cover up to season 4, after all lol

I also wanna comment about Young Gon. I'm pretty sure Young Gon is going to appear later, because when I was following the casting news of this drama, it has casted an actor to act as Young Gon, and he exists in the drama poster. So I'm positive he's gonna appear later, whether as flashback or present time. I'm predicting that the first time he's gonna appear in the present time is when he has come back from his college break, then there's gonna be flashback of YG and how he's related with Sul and Jung after that.

just caught up with this drama. I have to say Park Hae Jin pulled off Yoo Jung perfectly, I get goosebumps when he's being cold and menacing to certain people, but can treat Seol nicely and sweet. Sometimes I forgot how Park hae Jin was supposed to play Jaekyung in My love From The Stars.. he can pull off a scary role indeed!

Kim go Eun also did a nice job with Seol. I love how she toned down the character from the way it was portrayed in the webtoon. In the webtoon, she's quite hyper and OTT, but I'm glad Seol is more realistic and nuanced in the drama. And I love her paranoid seems to be more inside of her head instead of being constantly nervous and hyper whenever Jung is around her. The relationship between Seol and Jung are as complex as in the webtoon and I'm so glad they're keeping Jung's dark side intact in the drama. I love how Seol is the only one who can see the real Jung: a manipulative person who can make people do what he wants.

tumblr_o0hsy4GQhb1tkfqloo5_400.giftumblr_o0hsy4GQhb1tkfqloo8_400.gif

I just love the scene above. She sees the real him, and at that moment, she's not a faceless person to him (just as the webtoon implies) and not to mention both of them wear grey shirt.. hahaa

Although I guess since this is a drama, we will be shown how Jung became so dark and how his character will develop in the span of 16 episodes. Unless Jung is going through some medical treatment for his problems, I dont see happy ending with them walking to the sunset, though. He's too.. cunning.. too problematic.. too manipulative... too unpredictable. Even until now, we dont know why he's so obsessed with her. Does he like her? Is he just feel bored? Is it because his ego that this one girl the only one who doesnt like him? so I'm excited to see how this will end, since the webtoon hasnt ended yet..

The rest of the cast are quite tolerable, I guess.. I never expected much from them anyway. I just wanted to choke Jooyeon at times for being such a beyotch. But I'm looking forward to interactions between Jung and Inho, seems like there's history between them in the past. and more Park Hae Jin being manipulative and menacing please.. it's soo hot and sexy :)

Wahhh i need that ep 2 ending song in my life!!!! Soo lovely! Does anyone know what song it is and who by?

I loved both eps and as I don't know the webtoon, everything is unknown and exciting as I don't know where this will go! Urgh i'm hooked.

I'm really confused about the premise of this drama.  Can someone explains it to me. I reading the webtoon too, but the more I read the more confused I'm about this all thing. I mean is the Jung sunbae supposed to be a good guy or a bad guy. I don't get it one bit.

I am enjoying the drama at the moment and I am not planning to read the webtoon. So I suppose I have no expectations about the direction of the characters in the story. I watched Naeil Cantabile (adaptation of Nodame) and there were a lot of comparisons between the Japanese version and the manga, anime and the Korean version. I enjoyed Naeil more since I had not watched or read the original manga or watched the Japanese live version.

Therefore, I am going to watch this drama with fresh eyes. The vibe I am getting at the moment:

Yoo Jung - scary and manipulative but sweet (in a way to Seol) - I mentioned before that I hope that Yoo Jung keeps his dark side alive and perhaps Seol being the only person who can see his true self (but I can see her being conflicted in Ep 2)

Seol - what a female lead! She is bright and cheerful until YJ steps into her radar and she becomes clumsy and nervous. Half the time I think she is expecting YJ to do something bad to her and becomes comically confused when he is nice.

In-Ho - interesting back story about his relationship with Yoo Jung. So now he will try to be friends with Seol? To protect her from YJ? Or is he using her to get back at YJ?

In-Ha- can't form an opinion since she only appeared in Ep 1.

Taek and Bora - cute cute cute! Bora is oblivious to Taek's crush on her and he is so expressive like when Bora was talking about her blind date and you could see the disappointment on Taek's face. [OK..coincidentally the same names from R88 - but I don't think the characters from that series are getting together) 

Joo Yeon - unlikable , really really unlikable. She tries to be manipulative but fails. And with the put down from her sunbae, I am surprised she still attempts to get together with him. Why does she like him? Looks? Money? Great reputation on campus? Pretty shallow reasons. 

Right now I can't wait for Ep 3 - when YJ, Seol and In-Ha's paths will cross. 

16 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

I am enjoying the drama at the moment and I am not planning to read the webtoon. So I suppose I have no expectations about the direction of the characters in the story. I watched Naeil Cantabile (adaptation of Nodame) and there were a lot of comparisons between the Japanese version and the manga, anime and the Korean version. I enjoyed Naeil more since I had not watched or read the original manga or watched the Japanese live version.

Therefore, I am going to watch this drama with fresh eyes. The vibe I am getting at the moment:

Yoo Jung - scary and manipulative but sweet (in a way to Seol) - I mentioned before that I hope that Yoo Jung keeps his dark side alive and perhaps Seol being the only person who can see his true self (but I can see her being conflicted in Ep 2)

Seol - what a female lead! She is bright and cheerful until YJ steps into her radar and she becomes clumsy and nervous. Half the time I think she is expecting YJ to do something bad to her and becomes comically confused when he is nice.

In-Ho - interesting back story about his relationship with Yoo Jung. So now he will try to be friends with Seol? To protect her from YJ? Or is he using her to get back at YJ?

In-Ha- can't form an opinion since she only appeared in Ep 1.

Taek and Bora - cute cute cute! Bora is oblivious to Taek's crush on her and he is so expressive like when Bora was talking about her blind date and you could see the disappointment on Taek's face. [OK..coincidentally the same names from R88 - but I don't think the characters from that series are getting together) 

Joo Yeon - unlikable , really really unlikable. She tries to be manipulative but fails. And with the put down from her sunbae, I am surprised she still attempts to get together with him. Why does she like him? Looks? Money? Great reputation on campus? Pretty shallow reasons. 

Right now I can't wait for Ep 3 - when YJ, Seol and In-Ha's paths will cross. 

I love your analysis mate! Couldn't have explained mine any better

2 hours ago, riribl said:

I also wanna comment about Young Gon. I'm pretty sure Young Gon is going to appear later, because when I was following the casting news of this drama, it has casted an actor to act as Young Gon, and he exists in the drama poster. So I'm positive he's gonna appear later, whether as flashback or present time. I'm predicting that the first time he's gonna appear in the present time is when he has come back from his college break, then there's gonna be flashback of YG and how he's related with Sul and Jung after that.

Hope for that too and also i follow OYG actor on instagram and he uploaded there things related to the drama so i believe he'll appear and maybe they'll do it in the way you mentioned. i just expected him to be right in the start but i think they are saving him for later. still hope to see him next week ;)

Archived