Guest ororomunroe

‘Cheese in the Trap’ will not air next week due to Lunar New Year holiday

Feb 2, 2016
73451-392618-696x497.jpg

Cable network tvN has announced that hit drama series ‘Cheese in the Trap’ will not be airing next week due to the Lunar New Year holiday.

‘Cheese in the Trap’ started off with just 3.6 percent in ratings, but it soon soared with each episode, and was higher than lead actor Park Hae Jin’s prediction of 5 percent. The rating for the episode last night was 7.2 percent, and the popularity of the drama is likely to soar even further when it airs in both China and Japan this coming March.

With next week being the Lunar New Year holiday, tvN said, “We will not air ‘Cheese in the Trap’ next week, with the movies ‘Today’s Romance’ and ‘Ode to My Father’ taking their place. Episodes 11 and 12 will return on February 15th and 16th respectively.”

Netizens commented, “Since the drama begun, I have only lived for 2 days a week.

Credit : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/02/02/cheese-in-the-trap-will-not-air-next-week-due-to-lunar-new-year-holiday/

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@bjvipb2uty  I too have a soft spot for children who suffered from child abuse but In Ha can be manipulative. In Ho and Yoo Jung know that. YJ used to dote on her but now he isn't doting her she might be afraid she is losing him. So she keeps pushing real hard to get his attention. She means no harm but she misses their old family when they were all happy. I think after In Ho left and broke their little family up. So she is very upset with In Ho and he abandoned her which must have hurt. In Ha was still in good terms with YJ until In Ho came back and started hanging out with HS. In Ha was also trying to push for them to start dating. Knowin YJ , his social skills aren't that great so he started being hard on her s she can be able to stand on her own instead of relying on him and his father. He is trying his best to help her. But now she is becoming a nuisance and so is her brother. He has no wa of getting rid of them for good. 

I had never thought of that underlined part you wrote. We know nothing about what went down between them but that period of time where they went their separate ways must have been difficult for all of them. Also, hadn't really registered the fact that Inha and Jung still kept in contact while Inho was away. Interesting. 

You also got me thinking. If we put aside Inha's other flaws, we have someone who is manipulative, just like Jung. Do you guys think this is why they were friends before? Because they had similar mindsets?

6 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

@drynase

And I am not in the country!!! :bawling:

I would definitely go for PHJ but if SKJ was there, I will be conflicted. Hahahahahaha:phew:

Its okay, you can have a virtual hug from me muahahaha. I think it will be held around next week. Since Seo Kang Joon is busy with his jungle trip i guess it is the reason why he was not mentioned.

10 minutes ago, badsmuler said:

Feb 2, 2016

Cable network tvN has announced that hit drama series ‘Cheese in the Trap’ will not be airing next week due to the Lunar New Year holiday.

‘Cheese in the Trap’ started off with just 3.6 percent in ratings, but it soon soared with each episode, and was higher than lead actor Park Hae Jin’s prediction of 5 percent. The rating for the episode last night was 7.2 percent, and the popularity of the drama is likely to soar even further when it airs in both China and Japan this coming March.

With next week being the Lunar New Year holiday, tvN said, “We will not air ‘Cheese in the Trap’ next week, with the movies ‘Today’s Romance’ and ‘Ode to My Father’ taking their place. Episodes 11 and 12 will return on February 15th and 16th respectively.”

Netizens commented, “Since the drama begun, I have only lived for 2 days a week.

Credit : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/02/02/cheese-in-the-trap-will-not-air-next-week-due-to-lunar-new-year-holiday/

Huaa... so it is confirmed that we need to await for 2 weeks later. I just hope and hope that this is only prediction. Be still my heart... :confounded:

Seo Kang Joon is adored by staff of ‘Cheese in the Trap’

Jan 29, 2016
73289-391559-696x557.jpg

‘Cheese in the Trap’ has released new BTS cuts of actor Seo Kang Joon.

Seo Kang Joon would either be doing cute dances for the staff member in between breaks during filming, wink towards the camera, or poses with a victory sign. He always wore a smile on his face, and the mood was said to be always excellent when he was around.

One of the staff said, “Seo Kang Joon always wears a smile on his face, and he gets along well with all the staff members, and he is also really popular with them. We did a popularity poll during filming once, and Seo Kang Joon easily got first.”

The wrap-up party for the tvN drama was held recently, where many of the staff took photos with Seo Kang Joon and asked for his autograph, as they showed their unwillingness to part with him, and demonstrating Seo Kang Joon’s sky-high popularity among them.

‘Cheese in the Trap’ airs every Monday and Tuesday nights at 11PM ( KST ).

Credit : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/01/29/seo-kang-joon-is-adored-by-staff-of-cheese-in-the-trap/

3 minutes ago, qetha said:

Huaa... so it is confirmed that we need to await for 2 weeks later. I just hope and hope that this is only prediction. Be still my heart... :confounded:

So sad but its confirmed... :bawling::bawling:

http://www.koreandrama.org/cheese-in-the-trap/

15 minutes ago, bjvipb2uty said:

I had never thought of that underlined part you wrote. We know nothing about what went down between them but that period of time where they went their separate ways must have been difficult for all of them. Also, hadn't really registered the fact that Inha and Jung still kept in contact while Inho was away. Interesting. 

You also got me thinking. If we put aside Inha's other flaws, we have someone who is manipulative, just like Jung. Do you guys think this is why they were friends before? Because they had similar mindsets?

@bjvipb2uty... Chingu, In Ha and Jung were really close. I think In Ha used to help him when he had girl problems in the last. She would get rid of them too. Do your remember the flash back when In Ho gave her his phone. In Ha took the phone to get rid of the annoying YG at the time. I think they did get along because they too have the same insecurities about their loved ones. I don't think In Hi got abused, he must have been loved a lot more than In Ha. So maybe In Ha got abused when all she wanted was to be noticed. In Ha probably knew YJ hated being taken advantage of, look at how she defended Jae Woo from Sang Chul. She hates seeing people be abused. If In Ha saw how much people taken adavantage of HS she would be the first one ready to put them in their place. She would see HS never defends herself because she always chooses to avoid confrontation. 

TV: 'Cheese in the Trap' stars Sangchul sunbae and Son Min Soo reveal their struggles for their characters

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 

sangchul.jpg

Article: 'Cheese' Moon Ji Yoon, "Handsome in the past? I gained up to 107 kg for the role of Sangchul"

Source: Sports Chosun via Naver

1. [+7,737, -54] He gained weight for his character... that's amazing

2. [+6,343, -38] He's 100% in sync with his webtoon version. If I had to pick him from a crowd, I'd know for sure he was Sangchul sunbae! ㅋㅋ Enjoying his acting!

3. [+5,806, -35] He's so annoying in the drama but that just means he's that good at his job

4. [+4,504, -27] He's so identical to the character that it pisses me off ㅎㅎ I'm sure that came with much effort~~ show us more of your great acting please

5. [+3,815, -31] Wow, didn't know he gained weight for the role. Hopefully he keeps his passion up and does well in other ventures too!

6. [+394, -1] Sangchul's chubby but he was never depicted as being ugly in the webtoon. He really brings out the annoyance of the character well ㅋㅋㅋㅋ the way he talks just makes me want to smack him upside the head...

7. [+340, -2] Wow, he's so good at acting... just dripping with annoyance ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+289, -2] He's Sangchul sunbae in both acting and visuals!!!! I hate him so much

9. [+282, -3] I always knew he was originally thinner!

10. [+279, -4] Even when he gains weight, it doesn't hide his handsome features... hopefully he continues to grow as an actor

-

minsoo2.jpg

minsoo.jpg

Article: 'Cheese in the Trap' Yoon Ji Won, "I get hate on SNS all the time for my character of Son Min Soo"

Source: Newsen via Daum

1. [+180, -1] Why don't people differentiate between acting and reality...

2. [+134, -0] Why would anyone send her hate ㅜㅜㅜ so many crazy people

3. [+47, -0] Idiots, keep your hate to yourself when you're watching the drama, why can't you differentiate between reality

4. [+14, -0] People did this with 'Reply' too, kept bringing up Junghwan on Hyeri's Instagram. So many people who can't separate drama from reality.

5. [+12, -1] It just means that she's that good at acting.. ^^

6. [+5, -0] The drama is made better by the characters who bring out their full annoyance! Son Min Soo is cancer but it makes me sad that people can't separate the drama from reality. Find strength.

Credit : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/tv-cheese-in-trap-stars-sangchul-sunbae.html

1 hour ago, akiremom_haejinpark said:

Kind-hearted Chingus, sub/translate pls.... :) 

Thanks @plappi for this YT link I werent able to view it on naver. Thanks @coffeeboy for suggesting me to download an extension to stop this restriction too. But coffeeboy its sounds too technical for me and i will give it a try. Thanks chingu.. so many helpful and friendly peeps here. :D:D:D

@akiremom_haejinpark u spoke my words too... yes we need translations. PHJ looks so cheerful and relaxed here. Its good to see this side of him 

oh the pain of the one week pre-emption for LNY!  ok list of CITT related things to do instead:

• watch all of the eng subbed BTS vids
  • watch bad guys
  • watch KGE movies
  • watch CITT eps 1-10 over again . . .  and maybe again
  • listen to the OST

what else to keep a sista busy until ep 11 airs?

1 minute ago, rhaps said:

For me ? Perhaps I'll do my job well for my project, since I won't be tempted to peak into this thread to discuss the new episodes, hahahaha *desperate laugh because of the 1 week delay*

wha . . ? (confused) do something else while i wait for CITT to come back on? does not compute. :rolleyes:  seriously i can probably clean the house and catch up on a handful of work projects.  oh and talk to my family more. :)

2 hours ago, NRGchick said:

Chiming in again. [I can't seem to stay away!]

I don't want YJ to change, maybe adapt? Now he has someone he can rely on and trust. Dark Yoo Jung is part of him and with his relationship with Seol , he can see the effects of actions (which may have begun without much thought) can come back to haunt you. His expression when he reads the texts In Ha sent to Seol which appeared to come from him. He realises how bad it looks and he is not the type to say to Seol that In Ha did it.

*goes back to work*

Agree with you on this! We fell in love with his character including this dark part of himself. Haven't read the webtoon but this mysterious side of himself made me love his character which made the drama interesting for me. And he is just freaking awesome/cool solving problems for HS!

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Thanks chingu.. so many helpful and friendly peeps here. :D:D:D

Ikr! This thread is so great~ The vibe here is just like the CITT filming site: Happy and harmonious. Here you'll find resourceful peeps who'll link us up with the latest news/resources to help tide us over till our next Cheese, lurkers who'll abruptly delurk just to fangirl/boy as rabidly as the most vocal of us, lost sheep who can't seem to find their bearings in a thread that moves so rapidly, kind souls who'll reorient said lost sheep without losing their patience, staunch ride-or-die chicks who will passionately defend their points to the grave... And despite all the heated debate that's going on, despite everyone having very different opinions and ships, everyone has been really friendly and respectful of each other's opinions. There's no flaming, no hate, no belittling of opinons, no OTP wars. Just mature, enthusiastic discussion, with a healthy dash of collective fangirlism/sighs (who wouldn't, with such great and swoonworthy casts heh), where anyone can unabashedly geek out over CITT~  In short, I love everyone here. Y'all are awesome :w00t: :heart:

@chrianna you could perhaps stalk the social media feeds of the cast members and hope that they'll give a morsel or two of good stuff. Or learn something new, like how to gif xD

I love this thread!!!! Thank you to all of the chingus who responded to my long winded post earlier.

@bjvipb2uty Thank you for humanizing In Ha. This adaptation on tv didn't really dwell on why she wanted to get away from the aunt. I haven't read the manga yet, so I didn't know the backstory. But no, verbal and physical abuse is a no no. Clearly she has some sort of artistic talent, hopefully she'll be inspired to tap into it. Maybe Seol can help with that. She has a knack for seeing potential in others.

@bebebisous33  @orangesmartie92 You are right. These last couple episodes Seol did begin to seek out In Ho, but it seems like she wants to help him, like he is always helping her. We, the viewers always see In Ho struggling with whether or not to approach Seol, he usually does. Or lately, he's watching her introspectively from afar. But, what I was trying to convey but did a richard simmons poor job of trying to say earlier is how distracted Seol is when she is with him. She is either talking about a problem (Like with Gun, Min Soo, etc), studying, or talking and/or thinking about Jung. I actually felt bad for him in episode 10 because she was enthralled in their issues. Thank u for pointing out how their friendship has progressed.

One redeeming quality both In Ho and In Ha have, they know how to get rid of bugaboos. Look at how Gun is afraid of In Ho, causing a scene in the library and running from him every time. And, I loved when In Ha got rid of Sang Chul sunbae off of her man friend she's been mooching off of. I guess she didn't want someone else mooching too. It was great!

1 hour ago, badsmuler said:

Spoiler

Feb 2, 2016
73451-392618-696x497.jpg

LoL for netizen commented "Since the drama begun, I have only lived for 2 days a week" Hhaha..me too chinguya.. :sweatingbullets:  never know i'll love monday so much :wub:

I  want to talk about Minsoo and Younggon for because it feels from reading around (not here necessarily) that people are missing how dangerous the two individual are/were, the real threat and danger that they pose/posed, and how Jung is no where like them. 

I read a lot of comments where people say that the confrontation that Jung orchestrated was wrong and that if Seol had befriended Minsoo none of what happened would have happened. On the first I am not going to go that deep into it because I accept that people just don't like Jung and while I get the sentiment of his action and I don't exactly like how he went about it. Anywhoo that confrontation that happen, had to happen in public. Th eyes that saw and witnessed it needed to because Minsoo had turned the whole thing into a "Seol is paranoid and keeps accusing me of things, her words against mine." Minsoo had gained public favor and had the public (and when I say public, I mean the dumb and insane class mates) doubt Seol, think her crazy and paranoid, and just causing trouble for Minsoo. Minsoo made it public by having that loud outburst the one time Seol had wanted to talk to her about the lion keychain. The confrontation had to happen how it did so that there would be no doubt of Seol's truth and innocence in all of it. Everyone had to see for themselves the liar that Minsoo was and how far she had fallen so that Seol would never be doubted.

Also Minsoo was very dangerous. Again, it wasn't about being friends and it wouldn't have ended if Seol had become her friend. In fact I think it would have escalated and if Seol did not turn up to school Monday it would be because Minsoo has her locked in some basement, starving her to death. Minsoo had self-esteem and self identity problems. She didn't like herself or her life. She felt invisible and she was using Seol and Seol's life to get some sort of assurance or something that she is something . Minsoo was looking to Seol to satisfy something that Seol never could have because what she yearned for (acceptance of self) is something only Minsoo could give herself. Had Seol befriended her it would have most likely lead to where it go here. Minsoo sooner or later would have turned to Seol because of jealousy, envy anger, dissatisfaction, etc. No matter what kind of friend Seol would have been it wouldn't have been enough because again it isn't about the friendship. Seol was just the victim of Minsoo's mental illness and if it wasn't her it could have been Bora, Dayoung, Euntaek, teacher Kang. Minsoo was dangerous because her delusions began to take on a violent and strong hate. I think she was only days from truly loosing it and running Seol over with a car and stabbing her to death for "taking everything she wants" (her lion anger was because she thought someone who isn't even her 'boyfriend' was being seduced away by the all perfect Seol who has everything". Minsoo was a dangerous girl and I hope that the time out from school, her fictional self seeks the fictional professional help she needs.

Younggon is just, he's the worst and should have been kicked off campus a looooong time again (same with mr. rapist) because he is a danger to the female population on campus and also to himself and many others. He has no real control over his emotions....he needs real psychological help. His case is one where a lot of victim blaming is also taking place. Let's all understand here that it wasn't texts or nice gesture that got Younggon stalking Seol in the first place and yet again now. Seol is simply the new target of  Younggon's deranged mind that has a  large id that has many a great issues. We have already seen Younggon harass many girls on campus (Bora and others before Seol). So to say that if Jung hadn't texted or Inha or Seol with her nice gesture is victim blaming and it needs to stop. Don't get me wrong the 3 are not without some share of responsibility in the matter. However, when it boils down to it, all of it is on Younggon and Younggon alone to blame and point fingers at. 

Man the "on a break" scene wreaks me. Our poor Seol was so hurt. You can tell she was really hoping that it wasn't true but when he confirmed it, you could see her heart crack just a little . Wow, you really hated me that much back then...why do you like me now, how did you go from that much dislike to what you feel for me now. I really  understand her question of  "who are you sunbae?" Then Jung killed me. You can tell he regrets it all and if he could go back and undo it he would. Man his reluctance to admit it at first and then admitting it the second time she asked...there was so much in his eyes. His heart cracked when she asked for a break. PHJ really rocked that moment because you could see his whole face and body like drop. KGE did the same when Jung admitted it and the crack in her voice when she asked for the break. Both rocked that scene and I must be sadistic because it's my favorite scene and I have watched it 5 times already. 

I really enjoyed Inha the last two eps and we really need more Inha and Inho brother sister scene. They squabble just like sibling do "re re really..." and I love how Inha hilariously read him so well. I want more. When is Bora going to date Euntaek already? The boy is he's the best and most sane guy in the whole drama LOL. She needs to have snatched him up already before someone else do *pages Mona*

*please excuse spelling and grammar. especially my grammar. i swear i know the difference between there, their, and they're...

5 hours ago, ka77 said:

We know that Seol likes (loves?) Jung, but I feel that the show failed to tell us why. Is it for no specific reason? We are told, many times, that Jung found Seol to be similar to him, and that attracted her to him. But what about Seol?

For a change, I’d like if the show to:

-- keep the male lead a bit flawed. Jung needs to grow, but I like his personality for this story. It keeps me intrigued. This is a fiction, not real life, and so, I’d love to see how he’d deal with his coworkers at work. They have no idea what they are in for!

-- keep a love triangle away. Seol and Jung seem to remain together in the drama storyline, so why not have InHo as a truly supportive friend?

I’m a bit on the fence regarding Jung’s dad. Solely based on the drama, I haven’t really seen anything negative from the dad. He’s been listening to Jung’s advice regarding the Baek siblings. He cutely showed the V sign in the elevator. And I can understand why he’s advising Jung to be careful at the company. He will not be any regular employee. Any negativity or rumor will be hard to get rid of. However, based on previous comments, it seems that the dad had something to do with labeling Jung as strange. But isn't that based on the webtoon? Is the drama following the webtoon in this aspect? If so, the drama hasnt highlighted it yet, or has failed to do so. It could take Jung's sensitivity at his dad's words as him being in a bad mood that day. 

I disagree. Just because he seems to care for the siblings Baek, people shouldn't jump to the conclusion, he cares for his son as well! He is treating Yoo Jung as a heir and not as a son! He has such expectations from him. Remember, he had to sneak out for the fireworks, while In Ho and In Ha could do what they wanted! Here is the proof that he has always been treated differently. Yoo Jung has never had freedom! Then we hear from In Ho ("I won't tell your father!") meaning that the father used In Ho and In Ha to monitor YJ!! 

I have always said that YJ's father was a bad father. Striking is that his father is shown smiling in the elevator, but it is only his appearance. Actually, I have the impression that YJ's father is behaving the exact opposite from his son. He appears as a warm-hearted person, but deep down, he is even colder than YJ seems to be, while YJ gives a different vibe: cold, distant, but deep down, he is a very sensitive person! You mentioned the sign Victory he made in the elevator, I had rather the impression that his father's hand was more about "stay away from me!" 

To me, YJ's father is looking down on YJ, never pleased with him. telling him that he knows nothing about life, he had always got it easy in life, whereas it happened the exact opposite. YJ never took anything for granted and worked very hard. In the end, he knows the world much better than his own father thinks. The latter is such a perfectionist too! No wonder if YJ is suffocating from the pressure, although the father has nothing to be proud of. He raised In Ho and In Ha in such a way that they were selfish, self-centered, rude, ruthless and arrogant, while he neglected his own son (emotional support!!).

No wonder if Jung is sensitive to get revenged for the wrongs he suffered because he can't do it against his father in the open. If he had complained about something, the father would have support the other party! 

He feels wronged by his father, but he has always suppressed it! That's why he developped his manipulative ways to get justice for the wrongdoings he suffered! For example, when YJ saw that assistent Heo stole his credit card, he didn't report it. I have always said that he never wanted to destroy people's life but punish them so that they would live a decent life. However, there is another reason for his manipulative behaviour: he avoids to deal with real authorities, just like he is avoiding his father's authority. If things were left in the open, the father would blame the son no matter what! I mean. It has become his habit, since he is avoiding to confront his dad and since he will be blamed for the wrongdoings of others! It's his father who made him like that, although that's why I like YJ very much! He isn't behaving like a whining child who will yell because he has felt wronged by someone waiting that his father takes this matter into his own hands.   

But fortunately, YJ started expressing his feelings to his father and confronted him about his behaviour. He really doesn't trust his son. People tend to judge him positively because he isn't a father who

- didn't abuse his child

- doesn't yell at him

- doesn't hurt him

Nevertheless, he shows no affection, no warmth, no concern about YJ. The only subjects between them are:

- In Ho and In Ha

- the company

- life and how to deal with people... as if YJ was someone who would misbehave the whole time

The father's questions about his internship are more rhetorical. YJ can't tell him anything, since he fears to hear that he is worthless or if he complained about the worker who used him to get his work done, the father might take the worker's side. The father believed In Ho, when the latter kept saying that YJ was the one who injured his hand!! The father has never believed one word YJ would say! 

Therefore YJ doesn't tell him that he has got a girlfriend. He doesn't trust his father. How could he, when his father keeps seeing him as an anormal child and never believes him!!! The father seems to see the worst in YJ, but he is overlooking that he raised two spoiled kids: In Ho and In Ha!!

It really annoys me that people judge the father based on his external behaviour.    

Archived