Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ahpheng said:

@Emily Pun I created the c-strip (LOL car kiss) you quoted.thanks for the compliment, that scene is one of my fav too. 

@auntyem glad your are enjoying the strip, thank you for liking them. 

@qwenli thanks for your latest translations :wub:

OMG! I love this one too! You are a genius! This is so accurate. "Hot" or "Cold" Jung...I found that line to be funny. Seol, make up your mind! Yoo Jung, you too! Give my heart a break. *starts singing Demi Lovato's "give your heart a break."*

I don't know why but I'm sure it's a combo of lighting and make up but PHJ looks kinda pasty looking and dead at the end of episode 2.  It always bothered me.  I always get distracted by that glare on his face.

High five to Anne of Green Gables lovers.  I recommend Avonlea if you guys haven't seen that series yet.  I always see Jung as a Chuck Bass.  He won't change his ways but Blair loved him anyways.  He made her feel alive.  I hope to see that with Jung and Sol.  They don't fit with anyone but each other.

2 hours ago, coffeeboy said:

@magicc  I've subbed the video with your translations.

The result not really pro but i tried my best xD Hope you guys can enjoy it !

Omo omo it’s done! Congratulations, you’ve officially leveled up! [good][good] Well done! [good][good][good]:D

Haha to everyone who’s about to see the video, I’m apologizing in advance for any translation mistakes! I didn’t really check through while I was translating so there’s probably mistakes here and there!

Thank you so much for typesetting and packaging everything nicely into one video @coffeeboy

It's helluva effort for a first subbed video!! 

I went through the video again and spotted some mistakes (typos, stuff that I missed out while translating) so I thought I’d inform you. Sorry to cause you to have more work to do! [笑cry] Haha it’s really long so brace yourself :

Spoiler

*T=typo mistake*

0:08 aww you spelled your own username wrongly hahah!

0:44 Come

0:53 Thank you~

0:59 Yes

1:06 T-Mispelled Although

1:16 Really….Oh!

2:33 T- last, not “lsat”

2:37 T- the, not “he”

2:42 T ”Ja-jang!”

2:49 They’re fresh flowers

2:51 you missed out the whole part about the capture/selca time

3:11 It’s very short. Although it’s very short, but it was succinctly written.

3:18 Let’s reveal it

4:27 The director wrote very good words

5:35 T – “favourite”

7:43 timing is a bit off here( my fault because I missed a line), subs shld be: That’s right, Baek In Ha is a little… very formidable

7:48 should be: but she feels particularly charming

7:50 To me, she does have a lot of charm

8:53 No matter what, there was such an episode

9:23 Ya, Dog Fur, have you eaten?

9:30 I’m asking you, have you eaten, Dog Fur?

10:22 feels like we were flying together

11:29 T- “live”

13:23 This is our costuming team

13:26 (they’ve) always taken good care of me

13:28 And they get along well with me

13:30 Look she made a heart for me

13:31 Thank you noona

13:34 Oh! (She’s) watching! Now~  omo omo

13:37 (She’s) watching~ What is it what is it

13:41 CITT fighting!

13:43 (noona’s name) fighting!

13:47 cute~

13:55 here, these are our staff members

13:58 It’s my most precious noonas

14:03 They are people who have done a lot for me

15:09 If there’s any (wishes)

15:10 please tell me

15:17 all piano

15:23 Drink some water?

15:27 What blood? (I think netz is asking for his bloodtype.. then again im not sure)

15:29 There are many people who like people who shed blood

15:32 people like inho

15;34 I didnt know that

15:42 Our CITT styling team chief

15:45 Was just saying to me that he hoped I wouldnt bleed

15:47 he said, it’s tiring, stop bleeding! Let’s see that side

15:51 This person, can you see (her)?

15:55 including me, the make up of the entire cast of CITT is under that chief over there’s responsibility

16:02 It’s really tough

16:04 And (the chief) is someone who makes the scene more realistic

16:10 (the chief) is someone indispensable

16:17 In Ha’s kiss scene? This cannot do

16:20 This is very dangerous, everyone

16;26 Mm, very dangerous

16:28 That’s a very dangerous comment, everyone

17;21 Dog Fur, how do you feel about it?

17:22 Good

17:29 That’s right, Seol-ah

17:32 That’s fascinating (move this line forward instead of at 17:38)

17:51 Thank you

19:13 Thank you, may your final shooting be successful

19:16 This way this way this way

19:28 Yes

19:50 Thank you

20:03 Successfully completed shooting

20:17 annyeong haseyo

20:22 yes

21:31 How do I say this?

21:48 mm It’s time to start our regular segment now

21:49 there shouldn’t be a say it after me here

22:17 yoon ju annyeong

22:28 chun min-ie, is that right

22:29 jun min-ie noona

22:30 sorry, jun min-ie

22:35 T- na young

22:58 ji-eun-ie, annyeong

23:00 Soo min-ah, have you eaten?

23:10 Please let us see YJ sunbae

23:18 CITT should have been one of those many episode long running dramas

23:22 It’d be nice if that were the case, if only it had 120 episodes

23:27 The staff would be very tired (if that was the case)

23:30 It would be nice if it that was the case

23:57 Oh there are Astro fans here too

24:01 Love Astro a lot okay

24:03 These Chingus are very kind hearted and serious people

24:09 They’re precious friends whom I really, really wish would be successful

24:16 Since the time when we were trainees, we suffered and endured a lot together

24:21 Our Astro chingus, you must support them okay

24:26 But of course you have to love SKJ a bit more, don’t forget that

24:33 Lips are cracking… because it’s too cold

24:38 Although I don’t want to part, the time to part has come

24:45 Wanna ask if today’s V app broadcast is interesting to watch

25:32 T- “ From now on too”

26:16 T- Annyeong

I've noticed with Yoo Jung, he's too easy to let people misunderstand him and he doesn't rat on the offender. I happen to think that's very stupid when you're in a relationship with someone, it only leads to confusion and mistrust.  However, the problem isn't just Yoo Jung, it's also Seol. She doesn't stand up for herself as often as she should. She is still too quick to think and believe the worse about Yoo Jung. She doesn't really know In Ho, but she gives him trust immediately. Not just him, she's quick to believe what others say about Yoo Jung. 

I have a feeling that we're going to learn a lot more about Yoo Jung and why he's the way he is. He internalizes his emotions. Although he's popular, he's also lonely.  In ep 5, after his conversation with the gay couple, I felt bad for him when he was questioning himself and wondered if he's strange.  Hate to say it, but, Yes he's strange.  However, I'm on ep 7 now, he also tries to be honest and give people a chance.  I think he's right to ask his dad to stop supporting In Ho and his sister. His father spoiled them way too much.  In Ho is truly manipulated by his sister.  His sister is just lazy and a leech who uses other people. She plays the sympathy card to gain from others.

I'm still waiting to know what makes Yoo Jung tick. 

9 minutes ago, mgicc said:

Omo omo it’s done! Congratulations, you’ve officially leveled up! [good][good] Well done! [good][good][good]:D

Haha to everyone who’s about to see the video, I’m apologizing in advance for any translation mistakes! I didn’t really check through while I was translating so there’s probably mistakes here and there!

Thank you so much for typesetting and packaging everything nicely into one video @coffeeboy

It's helluva effort for a first subbed video!! 

I went through the video again and spotted some mistakes (typos, stuff that I missed out while translating) so I thought I’d inform you. Sorry to cause you to have more work to do! [笑cry] Haha it’s really long so brace yourself :

Reveal hidden contents

*T=typo mistake*

0:08 aww you spelled your own username wrongly hahah!

0:44 Come

0:53 Thank you~

0:59 Yes

1:06 T-Mispelled Although

1:16 Really….Oh!

2:33 T- last, not “lsat”

2:37 T- the, not “he”

2:42 T ”Ja-jang!”

2:49 They’re fresh flowers

2:51 you missed out the whole part about the capture/selca time

3:11 It’s very short. Although it’s very short, but it was succinctly written.

3:18 Let’s reveal it

4:27 The director wrote very good words

5:35 T – “favourite”

7:43 timing is a bit off here( my fault because I missed a line), subs shld be: That’s right, Baek In Ha is a little… very formidable

7:48 should be: but she feels particularly charming

7:50 To me, she does have a lot of charm

8:53 No matter what, there was such an episode

9:23 Ya, Dog Fur, you eaten?

9:30 I’m asking you, you eaten, Dog Fur?

10:22 feels like we were flying together

11:29 T- “live”

13:23 This is our costuming team

13:26 (they’ve) always taken good care of me

13:28 And they get along well with me

13:30 Look she made a heart for me

13:31 Thank you noona

13:34 Oh! (She’s) watching! Now~  omo omo

13:37 (She’s) watching~ What is it what is it

13:41 CITT fighting!

13:43 (noona’s name) fighting!

13:47 cute~

13:55 here, these are our staff members

13:58 It’s my most precious noonas

14:03 They are people who have done a lot for me

15:09 If there’s any (wishes)

15:10 please tell me

15:17 all piano

15:23 Drink some water?

15:27 What blood? (I think netz is asking for his bloodtype.. then again im not sure)

15:29 There are many people who like people who shed blood

15:32 people like inho

15;34 I didnt know that

15:42 Our CITT styling team chief

15:45 Was just saying to me that he hoped I wouldnt bleed

15:47 he said, it’s tiring, stop bleeding! Let’s see that side

15:51 This person, can you see (her)?

15:55 including me, the make up of the entire cast of CITT is under that chief over there’s responsibility

16:02 It’s really tough

16:04 And (the chief) is someone who makes the scene more realistic

16:10 (the chief) is someone indispensable

16:17 In Ha’s kiss scene? This cannot do

16:20 This is very dangerous, everyone

16;26 Mm, very dangerous

16:28 That’s a very dangerous comment, everyone

17;21 Dog Fur, how do you feel about it?

17:22 Good

17:29 That’s right, Seol-ah

17:32 That’s fascinating (move this line forward instead of at 17:38)

17:51 Thank you

19:13 Thank you, may your final shooting be successful

19:16 This way this way this way

19:28 Yes

19:50 Thank you

20:03 Successfully completed shooting

20:17 annyeong haseyo

20:22 yes

21:31 How do I say this?

21:48 mm It’s time to start our regular segment now

21:49 there shouldn’t be a say it after me here

22:17 yoon ju annyeong

22:28 chun min-ie, is that right

22:29 jun min-ie noona

22:30 sorry, jun min-ie

22:35 T- na young

22:58 ji-eun-ie, annyeong

23:00 Soo min-ah, have you eaten?

23:10 Please let us see YJ sunbae

23:18 CITT should have been one of those many episode long running dramas

23:22 It’d be nice if that were the case, if only it had 120 episodes

23:27 The staff would be very tired (if that was the case)

23:30 It would be nice if it that was the case

23:57 Oh there are Astro fans here too

24:01 Love Astro a lot okay

24:03 These Chingus are very kind hearted and serious people

24:09 They’re precious friends whom I really, really wish would be successful

24:16 Since the time when we were trainees, we suffered and endured a lot together

24:21 Our Astro chingus, you must support them okay

24:26 But of course you have to love SKJ a bit more, don’t forget that

24:33 Lips are cracking… because it’s too cold

24:38 Although I don’t want to part, the time to part has come

24:45 Wanna ask if today’s V app broadcast is interesting to watch

25:32 T- “ From now on too”

26:16 T- Annyeong

Sorry for all the mistakes xD

At the end i just wanted to finish it asap :P and i naturally have a tendency to misspell. Always had zeros in dictations xD

Edit: I'll do the corrections later if you dont't mind. I have a busy week ahead.

8 minutes ago, coffeeboy said:

At the end i just wanted to finish it asap

Haha why do i get a sense of deja vu? ~~ Don't worry i totally understand hahah. And if i had known that my non-professional translations would be turned into a youtube video for everyone to see I would have paid more attention while translating and done a more proper job oops. Thank you again~~ 

Edit: Of course, it's totally up to you since it's your video~ It's just that I suddenly felt a sense of responsibility towards the translations after the scale of the situation got bigger so I felt compelled to finish what I started properly~

22 minutes ago, mgicc said:

Haha why do i get a sense of deja vu? ~~ Don't worry i totally understand hahah. And if i had known that my non-professional translations would be turned into a youtube video for everyone to see I would have paid more attention while translating and done a more proper job oops. Thank you again~~ 

Edit: Of course, it's totally up to you since it's your video~ It's just that I suddenly felt a sense of responsibility towards the translations after the scale of the situation got bigger so I felt compelled to finish what I started properly~

No i understand that you'd want the video to have the least mistakes possible because your name is attached to it.

3 hours ago, honeywell said:

I don't know why but I'm sure it's a combo of lighting and make up but PHJ looks kinda pasty looking and dead at the end of episode 2.  It always bothered me.  I always get distracted by that glare on his face.

Yeah, I wonder if it's some misguided attempt to make him more "creepy". Well, it doesn't work for me either. And really he's too good an actor for them to be pulling stuff like this... it's so unnecessary.

However, all that said, the scene is still an excellent example of how great an actor he is. And if they ever make a K version of Death Note, they know who they can call. ;) 

Thanks to everyone who responded to my off-handed comment about the piano scene at the end of Ep.8 and for being super civilized about it. I was probably being more reactionary than anything. ;) The piano was such a big part of my growing up years so it's never about the music or the instrument. I still play but very badly. Furthermore I will never begrudge a man and his piano especially when he's trying so hard to pull his life back together and when people are cheering for him on the sidelines to have his second chance. 

On 1/31/2016 at 8:20 PM, lclarakl said:

I've noticed with Yoo Jung, he's too easy to let people misunderstand him and he doesn't rat on the offender. I happen to think that's very stupid when you're in a relationship with someone, it only leads to confusion and mistrust.  However, the problem isn't just Yoo Jung, it's also Seol. She doesn't stand up for herself as often as she should. She is still too quick to think and believe the worse about Yoo Jung. She doesn't really know In Ho, but she gives him trust immediately. Not just him, she's quick to believe what others say about Yoo Jung. 

I have a feeling that we're going to learn a lot more about Yoo Jung and why he's the way he is. He internalizes his emotions. Although he's popular, he's also lonely.  In ep 5, after his conversation with the gay couple, I felt bad for him when he was questioning himself and wonder if he's strange.  Hate to say it, but, Yes he's strange.  However, I'm on ep 7 now, he also tries to be honest and give people a chance.  I think he's right to ask his dad to stop supporting In Ho and his sister. His father spoiled them way too much.  In Ho is truly manipulated by his sister.  His sister is just lazy and a leech who uses other people. She plays the sympathy card to gain from others.

I'm still waiting to know what makes Yoo Jung tick. 

I agree with your comment. YJ has learnt through many experiences (f. ex. the incident with In Ho's hand or in the webtoon the girl who destroyed his toy) that no matter what he says, his father or In Ho or other people won't believe him. Therefore he never tries to explain himself because in his eyes, it is useless. When Seol asked him why he didn't tell her that he was innocent. His answer was pretty clear: "Because even if I had said so, you wouldn't have believed me". And she realised that he was right with his thinking! Therefore I believe, it became a habit from YJ to give it up: giving explanations is useless! 

As for Seol, she always sees the good in people, but when it comes to YJ, she has the feeling that she shouldn't trust him. From the first moment they met, she had a prejudice against him. She didn't like him and he noticed it. When SC accused her to be the one who reported him, she denied it. YJ approached her acting as if he believed that she had been the one behidn it, which upset her therefore she started accusing him to be the one behind it! Actually, YJ used NJY to defend him. She told HS that YJ had been helping SC the whole time that's why her accusation was wrong! Here again, we see that YJ isn't trying to defend himself again. He doesn't give any explanations, instead it is NJY!

However, she also forgot that during that night, there was someone else in the stairs too (another student who talked to SC!!). But she immediately thought of YJ, which proves again, she is kind of determined to see him as a bad guy.

On the other hand, the posted picture shows us how YJ looked at her, when he saw her for the very first time! He looked at her, as if he was disgusted! I can imagine, she felt embarrassed! Her pride must have been hurt! But what if he was looking like that, not because of her, but because of SC's disgusting game?! I believe, HS saw it as if his facial expression was directed at her so that her pride was hurt! She didn't even realise it. Interesting is that when NJY got her skirt wet from the beer, YJ looked at her! Now, here are the questions:

- Why did he look at her in that moment? 

- How did he look at her?

In the second picture, he looks at her, as if he was interested. His gaze isn't cold at all, reveals more interest and curiosity. Due to this, I have the impression that he wanted to ged rid of NJY who tried to seduce him, since he was more interested in HS. Unfortunately, she caught him by smirking so that he realised he had given her a wrong impression. 

As conclusion, Seol's pride was hurt when YJ looked at her for the first time and the moment, she caught him smirking, her prejudice was formed! Therefore she has always been blind concerning YJ.

When she met In Ho for the first time, she thought, he was a homeless person and got scared, but she never had a real big prejudice against him, although he had broken her laptop because he had never hurt her pride!

20160131100948_1.jpg

20160131100954_2.jpg 

Source: http://www.tvj.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=30165

Edit- Awww silly me posting this beautiful pic of their friendhsip without saying anything hahaha.. can you boys just kiss and make up? Ok maybe not kiss just leave that to Seol (she needs more training) or me -Bahaha! But seriously thou the boys awwweee make up okay??? I thought boys just punch each other out and after a few days they're bros again... no not in kdrama. *Sigh*

Jung and Seol's first meeting ;) I really enjoy their first meeting because I believe there were many obvious feelings and emotions and undercurrent of the two that were formed and seeded to bloom in that first meeting. I really enjoy the scene because every time I watch it, I feel like I see something new from both parties (Jung and Seol) that informs their relationship then and now. 

I was going to comment on the pride, prejudice, assumptions, and generalizations made by both Seol and Jung in their inital first meeting, but many have already talked about that  and @bebebisous33 finely many of it out in her post. I want to talk about the attraction, because those two were plenty attracted/intruged by each other in their first meeting. There are two looks

park-hae-jin_1452027732_Cheese_06.jpg 

The above scene and following one of them catching each other looking at one another and sizing one another up because of the looks both noticed by the other is when the attraction/intrigue started for both. Both were surprised by each other and both were curious about each other from the moment they met. However neither of them really understood that at the time (just like in P & P). I think the above screencap (man I wish I could find the second of them just looking at each other for a brief second then Seol break the moment by looking away) is when Jung's attraction to Seol and belief that  she had a dark side like him (which I agree with to an extent) started. 

What I always found curious in this scene is that Seol is not upset or mad at Jung for purposely spilling the drink on NJY. The  action its self does not phase her. In fact her cynical smirk is similar to Jung's and to me has a same message that was directed not at Jung but at NJY. For me it said 'heh, you think he likes you? he finds you annoying and purposely spilled the drink on you to get rid of you and your attentions which he obviously didn't enjoy" which I think is the same thing Jung's unnoticed by others smirk says too "heh, I got rid of this annoying girl and the room don't even know it". However Seol does notice it and when he catches her having a look similar to his, he takes notice and it becomes "who is this girl? what did she see/read? why the smirk? why is she looking at me?" Seol went from "just like the others" to "well, who are you little bird?" I say Seol does have a "dark side" (which Jung noticed) because you would think she would feel sympathy for NJY having a drink purposely spilled on her or even question Jung like "WTF is wrong with you?" (which a part of her later does) but her instinctive reaction was to smirk almost like she understood the action and why Jung did it. The fact that she even noticed the action (had she herself ever wanted to do that but held back because it's "unacceptable"?) is interesting to me. 

On Seol's part, she too become interested/intrigued by Jung because of the action she saw and the brief charged look they shared. I'm not saying she wanted to jump his bones or anything, but he too became a curiosity a "bothersome" to her too. She's interested in him in as she's kind of curious to know about him and why he did all the things he did that night. But it's a dangerous attraction because she could sense/feel "something is off with this guy...what did that smirk mean? why was he looking at me?...I want to know, but Seol we shouldn't want to know or get to know because we don't have time for boys. Especially not good looking popular sunbaes that every girl on campus wants." She was attracted to him just as he was to her it's like she knew she shouldn't be attracted to him LOL. So while Jung did do shady things and Seol caught him in, there are other moments that gave her pause. I felt a lot of year one wasn't misunderstandings because he did do the things he did. But more like, Seol's brain: Seol girl stop being attracted to this dark matter! He steps on your papers, and has done/does do other things. Stop! Don't notice or read into anything nice he does or the fact that you notice him as much as you do or that he "bothers" you and why. Avoid Yoo Jung at all cost!!

Year one Seol noticed Jung as much as Jung noticed her. All throughout episode one Jung and Seol are both noticing each other and reacting to the names or mentions of each other. Heck, Euntaek gets it right when he wonders if maybe perhaps "do you like sunbae?" and I found it so telling and funny that for all her misgivings and he's "the evil jerk that took my class" she still kind of gets lost in him and takes the drink when he offers it. The moment stood out to me because it's like she unconsciously did it. A billion things are going through her head looking at him, but she takes the drink and she isn't aware to be offended or anything. It isn't until Euntaek points it out to her, that she reacts and gives the drink to him instead. The "Jung is such a smooth and cunning little richard simmons. He is drawing her to him and she doesn't even know it heh" side of me thought of 'the temptation of Eve' LOL. That soda was the apple. It happens a lot where Jung draws Seol to him and the attraction and curiosity that is already there flickers more. The scene where he takes her books from her and leads her to be bandaged up (he gives the hurt and the medicine too, heh) on the bench and also the vending machine one more coin scene. Sometimes it really feels like Jung and Seol are the spider and the fly. "Will you walk into my parlor?" said the spider to the fly. But who's the spider and who's the fly is yet to be determined. I go back and forth on who's winding who up the stairs.

I love all the literally references coming from discussing this show. It's pleases my books/read-a-holic heart. 

misc_1453485862_Cheese_03.jpg

I just really really enjoy this scene and all the scenes where they just talk and he can't help but tease her, and she being herself makes him laugh or smile. I adored the "I'm too famous" cafeteria scene as well. 

@chrianna, welcome to the cheesiest side of Soompi. *drums* We've got live recappers here so you can check with them later tonight. 

I'll answer some queries. Sorry if it's kind of late. 

- My favorite OST for now is 1.1 "Cheese in the Trap" by Twenty. It's my LSS for the last two days. 

- My favorite scenes are Seol and InHo running in the rain, Seol and InHo playing the piano and Jung following Seol with longing and restrained excitement in his eyes. 

I'm on hiatus but will check this thread from time to time. Please do follow the Kdrama rules. Thanks and more Euntaekkie power to you all, chingu.

Archived